Help with Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse connecting to Thinkpad T510

Hi, Guys
I received my T510 a few days ago. And I originally throught they did not put Bluetooth on my machine.
I called them this morning and got that you have to press FN+F5 to enable Bluetooth.
So, I did that, but stll, I can't get my V470 bluetooth mouse connected to it ?
Things I have tried:
01 latest software from Logitech website, Windows 7 64 Bit
02 Original driver/software came with the mouse
They both do not work.
I wonder if there is any one having the same issue, or any Lenovi staff could help you out ?
Thanks.

Some info about my machine:
4313CTO
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Similar Messages

• Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse problems with new macbook pro.

Got a Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse to use with my recent 2011 macbook pro running 10.6.7.  There appear to be several problems with this combination.
    1. If the mouse is not moved for a few seconds and I move it, the pointer does not respond immediately, and when it does, the pointer motion stutters and jerks across the screen for a few seconds before it starts moving smoothly. I don't see any spike in CPU usage when this happens.
    2. When I shutdown/reboot or sometimes even put the macbook pro to sleep and wake it up, the machine fails to communicate with the mouse, nothing happens even if I reset/restart the mouse or click, scroll or move it around. The only fix is to go to the bluetooth settings and set it up as a new device.
    I suspected a hardware problem on either the mouse or the mac, but (a) the mouse works perfectly fine on an older Sony Vaio laptop and (b) the apple wireless keyboard works pretty fine with none of these problems with my macbook. Would getting an apple magic mouse magically solve this problem?
    Has anyone else faced this situation, and could it be fixed?

Any issues you are having with a "Logitech" product, should be dealt with their tech/customer support department.

• Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse works well with Arch

I know we're not supposed to do advertising on this forum, but in this case, I feel I'm just reporting about a hardware compatibility issue.
    After my Microsoft USB optical cordless mouse died, with some hesitation I ordered a Logitech V470 Cordless Laser Mouse. It's a bluetooth mouse designed especially for notebooks but, since it's a mid-size rather than really compact mouse, it's big enough to be comfortable for everyday use with a desktop, I think.
    I'm happy to report that, by following the steps in this wiki page about installing a bluetooth mouse on Arch, I got it working in no time. Mark another small victory for Linux, and for Arch and its documentation, too.
    FWIW, my laptop is a Thinkpad T61p.
    I remember a time when you could almost count on spending a lot of time setting up most any newish hardware item under Linux. I used to put up with it since I invariably would learn a lot about my system and about Linux, too. I think we're getting past that now, and that the Linux userbase has reached the critical mass necessary so that the drivers, setup scripts and documentation generally follow pretty quickly a new hardware release.
    Last edited by dhave (2008-12-20 13:09:02)

Thanks for the help, zyghom. I've finally got things working. My experience went like this:
    (1) After updating to bluez-4.30, I created the special "trust" file in /var/lib/bluetooth/XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/, as explained in this post. However, contrary to what that post says, in my case the trust file doesn't have to be copied over to its location with each boot. It seems to be persisting from boot to boot.
    (2) Since I'm currently using KDE4, I next installed and tried kdebluetooth4 to register my bluetooth mouse, but I couldn't get it to work.
    (3) Next I tried blueman, which didn't work properly, either.
    (4) I thought I was going to have to install the gnome bluetooth tool(s), but finally I got kdebluetooth4 to work. To get kdebluetooth4 to work properly, I had to:
    (4.a) rebuild from ABS obex-data-server (at least I think that's what made the difference).
    (4.b) Then I had to fiddle with kdebluetooth4 a bit, setting my mouse as a trusted device, then rebooting and redoing the settings until the settings "stuck" (I don't know why they didn't stick the first time).
    (4.c) Then I had to write a bash script for kdebluetooth4 to be autostarted, which I made executable and put into ~/.kde4/Autostart
    Maybe I did more than was necessary, but it is working now, and with bluez-4.30. Thanks again, zyghom, for leading me in the right direction, and for your patience with an old-timer. Now, please excuse me, I've got to go find my reading glasses and hearing aid.
    Last edited by dhave (2009-02-22 14:23:52)

• Initialisation problem with Logitech Mx900 Bluetooth Mouse

Dear all,
    I have a recent problem with the initialisation of the Bluetooth connection at startup with my Logitech Mx900.
    The system fails to connect with the device. I have to go to the bluetooth pane (with the USB mouse) and to make a search in order to get the connection.
    This is very disturbing issue.
    I have seen quite the same topic with an intellimouse. Is there some general issue with 10.4.4 or Bluetooth firmware?
    iMac G4 - Mac OS X 10.4.4 (8G32) - Bluetooth module DLINK DBT-120 Firmware 1.443 (1.443)
    i mac G4   Mac OS X (10.4.4)  

Well, I got it working, sort of.  The normal buttons and the scroll wheel work as the should.  The browse back and browse forward buttons do not work.  The tilt wheel works, with tilting right acting as the browse back button, and tilting left acting as browse forward.

• Logitech V470 Bluetooth Cordless Laser Mouse with Vista 64-bit

Has anyone used the Logitech V470 Bluetooth Cordless Laser Mouse with Vista 64-bit.
    My MightyMouse works and I am looking for another mouse so I can use this one with my other MBP.
    Thanks.

Hi-
    You can use it with any machine that will accept the receiver dongle.
    I have a wireless notebook Logitech that my daughter uses with a G4 tower. Fits her little hand better than the "desktop" versions.

• Re: Logitech Travel Bluetooth mouse stopped working with my Satellite A300/

Whilst happily using my Logitech Travel Bluetooth mouse, suddenly it stopped working, thinking it was a mouse problem, I first put a new battery in, but still not working. Had a look in the Bluetooth settings and it was still showing in there, at this point the computer was still in warranty. Later I tried to connect my mobile and that worked ok, so I was now convinced that it was the mouse. Rang the shop where I bought it, tough luck mate, we are not interested in helping you...thanks!
    Some time later I got a chance to try the mouse on another computer, hey presto it worked fine....yippee maybe it will now work on mine...no such luck. So now I am thinking that there must be a problem with my laptop...and of course the warranty is now run out!
    I have now deleted the Laser mouse in the Bluetooth settings, thinking being that maybe a new search and install could solve the issue, but now whilst it sees my phone it cannot connect to it and it does not even see the Laser mouse at all.
    The driver version it is using is 5.0.2518 which is probably what came with the computer. As far as I know I have never updated it.
    This all seems strange to me that one moment it is working and the next it is not...anyway is it worth trying to update the driver software> or am I barking up the wrong tree.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    JD

Thanks for your reply hammer.
    I have now installed the latest bluetooth drivers, the only thing that has happened is that it can now connect to my mobile phone. the mouse is still a no goer.
    All the drivers seem to be there and I took a note of the versions prior to the update, they have all been updated ok, there are no crosses against any item in the Device Manager.
    Hmm hardware issue could be a bit difficult. But as it is now out of warranty maybe I will need to take it apart myself and see if I can find out the problem.
    Must say that I am slightly disapointed to have this happen....I bought Toshiba cos from all accounts it is supposed to be the best out there, but next time I think it may be a different brand.
    cheers.

• OSX crashes when coming out of standby with bluetooth mouse connected

Hi everyone,
    I recently bought an HP bluetooth mouse for use with my macbook pro as i find the mighty mouse uncomfortable. Problem is if I close the lid and put my mac into standby I cant bring it out again and have to power it down and restart. This only happens when this mouse is connected. How can I stop this from happening? Obviously it's no problem to disable bluetooth before going into standby but sometimes I forget and that becomes a real pain when I want to start up again.
    Thanks in advance
    Simon

Finally sorted it myself, I needed to disable the option to let bluetooth devices wake the machine.

• Logitech mx1000 bluetooth mouse not connecting

i've followed the instructions on these two pages:
    http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth
    http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_Mouse
    but i've succeeded in getting the mouse to connect only once.
    basically, what i did was:
    1. installed bluez.
    2. set 'HIDD_ENABLE=true' in /etc/conf.d/bluetooth.
    3. started bluetooth service.
    4. added bluetooth to the daemons array.
    5. in /etc/conf.d/bluetooth, set 'HIDD_OPTIONS="--connect <bta>"'
    unfortunately, the mouse does not connect at startup. and when i try to connect manually by typing 'hidd --connect <bta>', i get an error 'Can't get device information: Connection timed out'.
    when i type 'hcitool scan', nothing comes up. any ideas?
    thanks!

still having the same trouble. i managed to connect the mouse once. here's what i did
    1. sudo hciconfig hci0 up
    2. hcitool dev
    3. hcitool inq
    4. sudo hidd --connect <bta>
    after that, the mouse connected.
    i thought everything was all right, so i edited the bluetooth file to connect the mouse at boot.
    to test, i rebooted, but the mouse didn't connect. also, when i try to connect it manually by following step 4 above, all i get is: 'can't get device information: connection timed out'.
    how can i connect the mouse?

• Really slow and jerky cursor with my apple bluetooth mouse, can you help?

hey.
    i have the apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard, they were working perfectly (keyboard still does) until they ran out of batteries one day. i reverted to the wired set up and (lazily) didn't get batteries for a while (month or so). When i did the keyboard responds as before but the mouse is painfully jerky and slow. i have re-paired the mouse and changed the batteries twice, it is so annoying i now use the bluetotth keyboard and wired mouse. any advice/suggestions gratefully recieved.
    many thanks.
    james

it is so frustrating isn't it. i now sit looking at the bluetooth mouse whilst getting tangled up in the cable of the wired mouse!! i was going to buy the new wireless mighty mouse hoping that that would solve/bypass the problem but reading what you have all put is definately making me wary of that. it seems so simple doesn"t it, nice uncluttered desk, pretty foolproof technology. if only... seems that no matter how clever these things get they are still not smart enough. i have been looking elsewhere for solutions but no luck as of yet, if i find any i'll let you know.
    regards,
    james

• Logitech MX1000 Bluetooth Mouse

Hi there, I was just perusing over the forums here, trying to find help with a problem I'm having, I'm curious if someone may be able to help me. I can't seem to find another post that resolves this issue. I can't seem to get my mouse to be recognized by the LCC (I'm trying to set-up the extra buttons), I even tried using the Logitech Bluetooth dongle thing. Any pointers would be appricated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sean

still having the same trouble. i managed to connect the mouse once. here's what i did
    1. sudo hciconfig hci0 up
    2. hcitool dev
    3. hcitool inq
    4. sudo hidd --connect <bta>
    after that, the mouse connected.
    i thought everything was all right, so i edited the bluetooth file to connect the mouse at boot.
    to test, i rebooted, but the mouse didn't connect. also, when i try to connect it manually by following step 4 above, all i get is: 'can't get device information: connection timed out'.
    how can i connect the mouse?

• Bluetooth mouse connection without pushing "connect" button on mouse

Hello,
    In Ubuntu with gnome the pc would connect automatically to my logitech bluetooth mouse, without me having to push the "connect" button on the mouse.
    The only way I've found now to connect to my mouse is by running
    sudo hidd --search
    *and* clicking the "connect" button on the mouse. I would like to:
    1) not need sudo. Without sudo I get
    renato@tosharch:~$ hidd --search -t 0
    Searching ...
    Connecting to device 00:07:61:D1:87:B0
    HID create error 13 (Permission denied)
    2) not need to push the "connect" button on the mouse, so i could add the command to my ~/.xinitrc and have the mouse automatically recognized
    what am I missing?
    Renato
    Last edited by Nareto (2009-08-05 08:55:30)

visudo:
    # sudoers file.
    # This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
    # Failure to use 'visudo' may result in syntax or file permission errors
    # that prevent sudo from running.
    # See the sudoers man page for the details on how to write a sudoers file.
    # Host alias specification
    # User alias specification
    # Cmnd alias specification
    # Defaults specification
    # Runas alias specification
    # User privilege specification
    root ALL=(ALL) ALL
    # Uncomment to allow people in group wheel to run all commands
    %wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL
    # Same thing without a password
    # %wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
    # Samples
    # %users ALL=/sbin/mount /cdrom,/sbin/umount /cdrom
    # %users localhost=/sbin/shutdown -h now
    renato ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-suspend
    renato ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/hidd

• Mini and Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse

I just got my mac mini core solo and am having difficulty with my bluetooth mouse. I also have a MacBookPro that I was using with the V270 Logitech bluetooth mouse. With the MBP, it works flawlessly. It tracks well and has a pretty good range (20+ feet).
    When I connect the V270 to the mac mini (after disconnecting MacBookPro/V270 Bluetooth), I get very limited connection. At about one foot away the mouse tracks poorly and 10 feet away it completely disconnects.
    I brought it into the local Apple store for a Genius to look at it and had similar problems. It did poorly on a mini and it did much better on the macbookpro. Although not as good as it has been working at home. The genius did think that the problem was the V270 but he was unable to recommend a good multibutton mouse to work with the mini.
    Has this problem happened to anyone else? Were you able to isolate the problem to the mouse or to the mini. If it's the mouse, can anyone recommend a good two button mouse with scroll wheel
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mac mini solo    

I exchanged my original V270 and got a brand new one to test out. When I brought it home, it reacted the exact same way. Works well on the macbookpro and works erratically on the intel mini.
    I called up apple support again and they told me that the V270 may not be compatible with the mac mini and I should contact Logitech to verify its compatibility. I sent off an email to Logitech and am waiting for a reply.
    One thing I noticed was that the mouse worked much better when it was used behind the mini. Its still bad, but better.
    I'll keep you posted.

• Macbook Pro won't pair with my existing Bluetooth Mouse.

I used a bluetooth mouse with my macbook pro and had no problems. Since the lastest Mountain Lion Updapte (10.8.2), the laptop finds the mouse but the pairing with the device doesn't work. I've changed the batteries and restarted the laptop several times. Any suggestions other than buying a new bluetooth mouse?

SMC     http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
    PRAM     http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11243
    Might help and cannot hurt.
    Barry

• Bluetooth mouse connection problems

Having a great deal of trouble getting my bluetooth mouse to work. Various parts of the system seem to giving conflicting info. Get "can't pair" and it's shown as paired in the BT Preferences pane but won't connect.
    Currently it's showing paired and not connected.
    Help appreciated.

Hello:
    Try resetting the PRAM and SMC.
    Barry

• Bluetooth mouse connect

is any apps which can connect Bluetooth mouse to ipad via bluetooth ?
    is any tricks which can connect my ipad with bluetooth mouse ?

Mice aren't supported on iPads.

Maybe you are looking for

• DVD drive won't accept disks

Today I tried to put in a DVD R to burn files and I realized that my Disk drive seems to be completely dead. It won't suck in DVDs. I hadn't used it for a while and I just noticed this today. The only noise it makes when starting the computer but oth

• Why can't I open a PDF that I emailed to my self

Why can't I open a PDF that I emailed to my self

• ISight freezing

My iSight is freezing up on opening. When I hit the small video camera button on the iChat box, the My iSight box comes up....and then the picture freezes. Nothing I have tried can get the video image to behave normally. Running OSX 10.4.4 on a Mac M

• HT6337 Is anybody seeing multiple devices when turning on "Text Message Forwarding" (Continuity for SMS) in iOS 8.1?

When attempting to turn on "Text Message Fowarding" (Continuity for SMS), I'm presented with several devices to choose from (see screenshot).  I only have one Macbook Pro. 

• Moving iTunes Folder

I moved all of the iTunes folder from one disk (that was full) to another thinking that I would just repoint iTunes to the new disk through the iTunes - Preferences - Advanced - iTunes Music Location option. That does not work. My iTunes does not sho