Hi guys i m new ....having problem with T42 ~~

Hi guys , as stated above, i m having afew problems with my laptop as it is my first time handling a com. i juz format my thinkpad 42 with my own OS.I have tried downloading every software in the webby but nothing seems to work..help guys ! wat do i need to download for a basic use lappy ? my model is t42 -2374-BV1, help in advance for your help guys .
btw guys i have seen http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.i​d=T_Series_Thinkpads&message.id=9515&query.id=1217​... but it is not working..cause i dunno wat to download...i m real new to computer....like my nick.

computerNerd, welcome to the forum,
You can find all drivers for your T42 on this site. I suggest you start with the Intel Chipset driver and then the Ethernet driver, after this you should use System Update as suggested by stealthth as this will install drivers for you automatically.
Andy  ______________________________________
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
  Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
PepperonI blog 

Similar Messages

Maybe you are looking for

• Start routine error - infosource 2LIS_13_VDITM

Hello, During the activation of the standard InfoCube 0SD_C03 (Sales: Overview), I have encountered a problem in a transformation between the infosource 2LIS_13_VDITM and the afrementioned Cube (this transformation has been transferred during the act

• Upgrade Office from 2010 to 2013 script

Hi Everyone,  I am planning upgrade of 500+ clients to the latest version of Office.  Currently everyone has Office 2010 32bit installed which I would like to uninstall prior to upgrading. What is the easiest way of doing this? Startup script? GPO? T

• IPhoto automatically launches when I restart

IPhoto 5.0.4 seems to automatically launch everytime I restart. There isn't anything in /Library/StartupItems/ for this to occur, nor is there anything in the iPhoto preferences. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know how to make it quit doin

• Connect applet to database!

How i can connect a client applet to my database on server? Where i can get a source code about this? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you can help me! Sorry my bad english, please...

• There is no sim card installed

Hey guys im in australia ok so my wife inherits my old iphones we are both on the same network/carrier telstra she had my iphone 4 I had the 4s things were great then I got the 5 she got my 4s and we gave the 4 to my sister in-law (who is with a diff