Higher Idle CPU Temps with Newest BIOS update for T430s/T430

My idle temperatures of my CPU as reported by TPFC .62 before the UEFI Bios update were hovering around low 40's to high 40's. Now after the UEFI BIOS update the Idle temps as reported by TPFC .62 is a lot higher. It idles anywhere between 47 to high 55's. I noticed this immediately I updated the BIOS. Anyone else notice this???
Please fix Lenovo

Hi goshem
If you try to do a stress test with Prime95, will it exceed 90C? 
Peter  
W520 (4284-A99)
Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future | Please do not email me regarding technical problems, you could post it in the forum
=====================================
Sound Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)
Dolby Home Theater v4 ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet

Similar Messages

• Throttling on the W520 with Newest BIOS Update?

Hey everyone,
    My decision has been a long one, and every time I build up the motivation to upgrade to a W520, I always get worried from the forums. My main concern it the throttling on battery and the stuck cpu clock. As of the latest BIOS update, is all of this resolved? I can handle a little throttling on battery power but 800 MHz is just ridiculous. Before I finally let go of my money, can I buy the W520 in confidence that it won't still have these problems? I will have to use this machine for at least 5 years, and if I have to start with these problems, I won't be a happy camper.
    Thank You.
    W520 4270CTO / Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit / NVIDIA Quadro 1000M / 8 GB DDR3 RAM / 1080p Display / 500gb 7200 rpm HD / Intel Core i7 2720QM / BIOS 1.39
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi, J,
        I think you get a polarized view of the W520 on this board. It is a solid and reliable machine. The throttling problems have been resolved a few BIOS revisions ago.
        Yes, it is not perfect in every way. However, it is a godsend to this software developer. Yes, I use it to do actual work.
        Now that I have sang its praises, I will do a 180 by saying that I would wait for the "W530" at this late stage of the game. It is probably only a couple of months off, and may represent a significant improvement.
        BTW: If you are going to get one, you will get a better deal by going for one of the pre-builts from a reseller like Amazon or Buy.com. It is way cheaper to do this and then upgrade than to have Lenovo customize it for you.
    For example, I went this route: 
    W520 from Amazon
    I've seen this model as low as $1360. You can throw in a load of RAM for not much money. 
    I meant to mention, Buy.com often stocks this machine, and they have a 45 day return policy.
        There's my 2 cents.
                                                                                   ZZ

• Embedded Controller update (which is included with the BIOS update) for my T400

I have a T400. That's all I know.  I'm supposed to dwonload one of these two updates. 
    ThinkPad                                              Package version     BIOS version              Embedded Controller version 
    T400 (with IEEE 1394 models)        3.09-1.05                  3.09 (7UET79WW)     1.05 (7VHT15WW)
    or a
    T400 (without IEEE 1394 models)   3.10-1.05                 3.10 (7VET80WW)      1.05 (7VHT15WW)
    How do I know which one?   
    This answer didn't come with the download directions so a non-techie (me) cannot go further.
    Please help me with this.
    Thank you,
    John

Hi johnslenovo,
    To check if you have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows installed do check our KB Article on this.
    //JameZ
    Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    X240 | 8GB RAM | 512GB Samsung SSD

• Satellite P300 - 01S or PSPCCC-01S01C CPU is underclocked with each Bios update

Why is Toshiba crippling the performance of the CPU ,FSB and Memmory speed with each bios update
    when perchased bios version 1.60     
     *    internal clock speed 2001 MHz
    update to Bios version 1.80
    *   internal clock speed 1995 MHz
         crippled performance by .5 %
    update to Bios version 2.50
    *    internal clock speed 1993.4
         crippled performance by 1.95 %
    *    other issues fan coming on more often
         intel wireless unstable
         etc
    in this last Bios update 2.50 a noticable drop in performance under load
    I paid for >>"Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P7350 (2.0GHz 1066MHz FSB, L1 Cache 32KB/32KB, L2 Cache 3MB)"  not a 1.9 Processor
    >> YOU ARE CRIPPLING THE FSB AND MEMMORY TIMINGS AND UNDER CLOCKING MY LAPTOP <<
    I would like it restored to its former advertised speed 2.0GHz
    The reduced speed is noticable.
    everyone should check for obvious reduced performance
    Thank YOU
    This is the make and model i perchased Model:     PSPCCC-01S01C - Satellite P300 - 01S
    (Mercury Silver Top Cover - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650)
    PS/AC Adaptor:     Model: PA-1121-04 Toshiba Part No: PA3290E-3AC3 (Input 100-240V~2.0A 50-60Hz, Output 19V 6.3A) Three Pins Plug Connector
    FCC ID:      WiFi® CJ6UPA3655WL, Bluetooth™ RYYEYTFXCS (Sticker in the Battery Compartment)
    IC:     WiFi® 248H-DPA3655W, Bluetooth™ 4389B-EYTFXCS (Sticker in the Battery Compartment)
    Contains Radio Device:     WiFi® 512AN_MMW, Bluetooth™ EYTFXCS (Sticker in the Battery Compartment)
    CMII ID:     Bluetooth™ 2007DJ1022 (Sticker in the Battery Compartment)
    Environmental Credentials:     Energy Star 4.0 (Sticker on Upper Cover)
    RoHS
    Operating System:     Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium Edition SP1 64-bit Operating System
    - Bilingual English or French Operating System

thank you for your repley
    i am very much in favor of stability ,reliability and performance but the fact remains
    that Toshiba Techs have made a conscious  and willfull decision to under clock the laptop and make no
    mention that the bios updates may result in processing reduction, as for the call to tech support it was fruitless
    because they are clueless as to why such things happen (Corporate Denial).
    In Canada there were two very close speced laptops
    one for 899.00 CAD with 1.9 GHz CPU
    and the one I bought 2 months ago 1149.00 CAD 2.0 GHz
    To me this looks like Toshiba overclocking the laptop to get out the retail door.
    its not just affecting me, it affects everyone that buys a Toshiba laptop.
    I will not back down on this point. The origional advertised and paid for specs, should
    be restored in an upcoming bios update. If not, then it just confirms my original
    findings.
    This is refered to as "BAIT and SWITCH" and the practice is illegal in Canada.

• CPU temp with Zalman9700 and MSI P965 Platinum ?

Hi.
    its funny. My old Asrock DUAL-VSTA showed CPU temp and other temps in programs like HMonitor and Speedfan but this
    MSI dosent show anything about CPU in any programs ?
    I must say, i was a little confused when i installed the board because there was 2 CPU fan slots, one with 4 pins and one with
    3. I have a Zalman CNPS 9700 LED, very nice fan btw. Shoulden this fan be controled by the CPU automaticly ? i do have a
    fan regulator in the end of the wire outside the cabinet. I have it on the bag side of the computer case so i can turn it op and
    down. But i think i read someware that it could be controled automaticly. Is that right ?
    And what about the 3 and 4 pins CPU fan slots on the board. Right now i cant remember in witch of the 3 or 4 slot i installed
    the fan in to. But anybody know witch slot is the right one for my CPU fan ?
    http://techgage.com/article/zalman_9700led_cpu_cooler/1
    http://www.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/view.asp?idx=70&code=017
    http://www.zalmanusa.com/
    Please if anybody could help here i would be extremely happy.
    Mugge

Quote from: MuggeGHQ on 05-March-07, 09:44:13
    Listen. Forgot to say.
    I'm still a little little bit concerned about 40c-41c idle. but but.
    Relax, it's quite alright...
    But what i was trying to say is. I have 3 running SATA drives also and only the stock (Normal) 120 fan that came with the Antec case.
    1 fan, the Zalman 9700LED and the PSU fan ofcause. and then OC at 300FSB. Could that be why i'm at 40c idle ?
    All the drives + only 1 fan in the case ? i mean. I'm not shure the standard 120 fan that came with the Antec case is good enough.
    Any sugestions ?
    My case has three 120mm case fan in addition to the 120mm power supply and the Zalman fan, five of them altogether. The Antec P180 case has separate compartment for the hard drives and the power supply, which made a big difference from the temperature's perspective. The box also has four hard drives and I do not OC; I did try, but I didn't see much of a difference and shut it off.
    btw. what is a good stress test apps to test my cpu temp with on max load ?
    The Orthos Stress Prime is pretty good and so is Intel's TAT; the link I've posted earlier has more information.
    Cr00zng

• Keep losing my secure wifi with iPhone and ipad with newest iOS update.  PC still connected

Keep losing my secure wifi on my ipad and iphone with newest iOS update. My PC is still connected to same secure wifi. Any ideas.

Contact xFinity (Comcast) to turn off dynamic channel switching if on and have it set to a fixed channel.
    Usually WiFi routers will only change channels to the least busy when they are initially powered up.

• Games Flickering with new bios update 351

Games Flickering with new bios update TV277MH.351 basically when i flash my card with that bios i got in game flickering of 3D objects this is SErial number
    S/N:602-V277-250B1407011905 thank you in advance

Quote from: misel.verk1 on 15-April-15, 19:02:26
    The one provided from above in the post by Flobelix
    The OC mode .

• MOVED: question regarding CPU temps and latest bios (1.8)

This topic has been moved to AMD64 nVidia Based board.
    question regarding CPU temps and latest bios (1.8)

I'd believe the first bios's temps more than the second...  
    However what temps are given when using speed fan and/or everest? (in windows)

• Does MSI provide Bios Updates for 8800GTX?

Do they provide bios updates fpr the 8800GTX?

It's the same problem as 7 month ago.  I'm not sure if i postet the problem here, so I describe it once more.
    When I'm running bios 7.20 on my mainboard everything is fine (I'm running bios 7.20 for 7 month no with no problem, so the PSU (BeQuiet 550W) can't be the problem)). If I change the bios to a higher or a lower version my Windows XP looks like this:
    http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/5262/041000011rv2.jpg
    It doesn't matter if I reinstall VGA driver or use the windows standart one, it always looks like this.
    Vista gives me a bluescreen bevor the Desktop shoud appear.
    I knew to other guys who have the same Mainboard and also have a 8800GTX (ok, twice times other brand but the cards themselves should be equal). The only differnce is that they have a higher VGA-bios version, for example eVGA has Provides an VGA Bios update for the 8800GTX but they don't say what esspecially is fixed.
    So far everything is fine, using bios 7.20 is ok for me, BUT I now want to buy an Intel Q6600 CPU and for that I need to upgrade at least to 7.50.
    So Maybe MSI has a newer bios for their 8800GTX which solves the problem. I'm sure that it is nothing else. Windows has always been fresh installed, VGA driver is always the newest one (Did I say that the Windows VGA driver doesn't work to on XP?) and with bios 7.20 I have no problems, I can play, work, everything so I don't think it's a hardware fault.
    The only differnce between my Mainboard + Graka and the Mainboard + Graka from my friends is the VGA-Bios version. So I thought this must be it.
    I poorly can't try another 8800GTX at my mainboard because they won't give me her cards.

• Where can I find a BIOS update for Satellite A100-200 (PSAA8E)

Hello,
    Where can I find a BIOS update for this model?
    The BIOS on the download page is November last year, is there anything newer or does anyone know of an update that is compatible?
    Thanks,
    Ian

Yep, newest updates and drivers for your notebook you will find on the Toshiba download pages, as Jimi already mentioned.
    Just as a little hint from my side is, that if there is nothing wrong with your notebook, just leave it as it is.
    As there is the saying, never touch a running system.
    So keep that in mind. ;)

• BIOS Update for Lenovo N200 3000 0769-ASU

Hello,
    I want to upgrade my hard drive but I must upgrade my BIOS, but I cannot find a BIOS Update for Lenovo N200 3000 0769-ASU with Windows 7, any help or assistance is appreciated.

Sorry for replying to an old post but I found one of theese laptops a couple of days ago where I work. (I work at a recycle station/place/something)
    I decided that I wanted to try and fix it since it suffers from the issue discussed here.
    I have about 15 yrs experiance with fixing computers and about 3 years with laptops and my repair succes rate is rather high.
    But this laptop is a piece of very bad and **bleep**ty workmanship - The whole upper part of the mainboard is toast - the part that is just under the connection to the batteri is badly burned.
    I will upload some pictures shortly, and give a detailed workaround if I get it fixed
    cheers

• Compaq Presario SR2129UK bios update for windows 8 pro 32bit

Hi all.
    I have recently upgraded my operating system from Windows 7 pro to Windows 8 pro. I have alos changed the CPU to a pentium D, The power supply and the graphics card but I am having from with my SD ram and temperature displays.
    I want to upgrade my bios if possible due to all the upgrades, when I looked in this site it doesn't mention windows 8 operating system with my PC? My system info is below.
    Compaq Presario SR2129UK bios update for windows 8 pro 32bit.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Hi:
    The only BIOS update for your model is for Windows Vista (v5.23).
    There aren't any newer BIOS releases than that one.
    You would need to be running Windows Vista in order to update the BIOS, or you would run a better than 99% chance of completely wrecking your PC.

• Bios updates for 845 Ultra?

Is anyone aware of any pending bios updates for this motherboard or has it been put out to pasture ?  I'd still like to see a fix for the warm restart problem when overclocking in addition to the 1.65 core voltage limitation.  Before anyone says that those won't be fixed - I can wish, can't I?  

I have the 845 Ultra-ARU and I am running my 1.8A at 2.52 GHz with a voltage of 1.71 actual applied volts.  This system is rock stable with a fsb of 140.  I have done the VID-pin mod, however.  I too would also like to see a BIOS update for a couple of reasons.  
    1)  According to the temperatures being reported by PC Alert III, my BIOS, and MBM5, my CPU idles at 50 C and goes up to 67-68 C under a full Prime95 load.  The reason why I think this is faulty is because I have run my computer with the side panel off, and there is no difference in the CPU or system temperature.  Also, when running the Prime95 test, I've put my hand right on the heatsink and it is BARELY warm.  The heatsink is making solid contact with the CPU, so if the CPU was actually at 68 degrees C, the heatsink too would be incredibly warm.  My own hand tells me that it cannot be 152 degrees Fahrenheit.
    2)  THE MEMORY RATIOS ARE GARBAGE!!!!!  I've got a 2.52 GHz CPU that is suffering a bottleneck from the measly 2.0 GB/s that my RAM is able to feed it.  Every other motherboard I've ever seen gives you the options of a couple different memory ratios.  I would at least like the option to run my memory at a different speed than my fsb.  Perhaps a 3:4 ratio could be done?  Just something so that I can try and get a little more bandwidth out of my RAM.  I know that the board is only designed to support PC1600 and PC2100 DDR RAM, but how could it hurt to give the option to support PC2400 or PC2700, maybe even PC3200 DDR RAM?  Plenty of other 845 chipset based boards can do that.  (Not officially, but through a variety of memory ratios.)  I'm just tired of not being able to do anything with my memory.

• BIOS Update for Thinkpad (x121e) in order to make Sandisk Cruzer Extreme finally bootable?

Hello,
    will there every be a BIOS update for Thinkpads (in my case x121e) so that it (the BIOS of the thinkpad) will finally be able to recognize and therefore boot from usb flash drives / sticks like Sandisk Cruzer Extreme???
    (Once the OS is running, the drive is recognized just fine, but that's not what I'm here for.)
    My old desktop pc from 2006 has no problems with such a "modern" drive, but my 5 years younger x121e isn't able to boot from that drive? Come on, Lenovo, you can do better, at least you should...!
    I'm not sure, if that is the right place for such an inquiry, but as Lenovo apparently doesn't offer a proper support e.g. by email, I just try it this way. I once use the support by phone, only to find out that the lady on the other end had no clue whatsoever of computers and was just looking up answers in her system, which were, of course, not at all helpful.
    So, for now, this is my only hope, that someone from the technical team at Lenovo reads this and gets the BIOS programmers to work...
    Cheers,
    Mike
    [btw: I read about a similar entry where the guy finally marked his problem as solved just because he used another usb stick to boot the first one. That's not a solution, that's a work-around. I'm looking for a solution (= BIOS update), not a work-around!]

Hi, I have an x120e and when I get into the BIOS > Startup > Boot, I see the following list:
    Boot Priority Order
    1. ATA HDD0 Samsung SSD 830 Series (my main disk)
    2. USB HDD SanDisk Cruzer Fit (a tiny usb drive that is always attached and holds assorted files)
    3. USB CD
    4. USB FDD
    5. PCI LAN
    The device can indeed boot from a USB stick. I think you will have to follow this order of events: first attach the USB you want to boot from, yet boot only from your main hard drive, to let the system recognize the attached USB drive and put it in the Boot Priority Order list, then shutdown, restart and get into BIOS. F1: to either to change the ordering in the list to put USB FDD or USB HDD SanDisk first) or F12 (I think): to choose a temp device to boot from. Or....... (another thought), the USB you want to boot from hasn't yet been made "bootable" (I think you may have to go into diskpart > etc to set it active) so isn't recognized in BIOS.
    I've used a USB flash drive with my recovery partition on it to restore to factory state. That was also a Sandisk Cruzer USB. I've also booted directly into a WinPE sort of environment using another bootable USB made for the purpose of restoring from system images. Mine is an x120e; your x121e can't be much different.
    Cheers!

• Where can I find a BIOS update for Satellite A200-14D (PSAEC)

Hello,
    Where can I find a BIOS update for this model?
    My bios is 23/10/07 Windows Vista 32 Bit 1.80-WIN

Hi
    Did you check the Toshiba European driver page?
    There you could find all drivers and BIOS for the Satellite A200-14D (PSAEC)
    But I checked the page and the BIOS 1.8 for Win Vista 32bit is still the newest one.
    Seems you are already up to date buddy ;)

Maybe you are looking for

• My itunes won't open up.. someone please help?

"Apple application support was not found. Apple application support is required to run itunes. Please uninstall itunes and reinstall again. Error 2. (windows error 2)" that error comes up everytime i try to open up itunes. I've un-installed itunes se

• Relating with back ground jobs

hi gurus, i have 3 fields on sel-screen.one for date of creation of sales order in range and three radiobuttons for yearly, quartly and monthly display of sales order. i am creating this pgm  to run in background. pls, help me out to write a logic to

• Removing a child instance from a parent child list. - non L2 Caching

I have a parent Entity Parent int id String name @onetomany List <Child> list and a child Entity Child int id String name First, let me say, I have L2 cache turned off. So lets say I have a parent record with three children and I want to remove child

• Swing program

I am a java student. " I would like to set the background color for a frame by using JFrame" In the extended class of JFrame I use the method "setBackground(color)". But the background flickers with that color and the color is disappering. Same works

• Transaction variant not recognized

I have created a transaction Variant (called ZPRAP_VAR) for transaction PRAP (approval of trips in FI-TV). I have also activated it to be the standard variant. I have created a variant transaction (called ZPRAP) for the PRAP transaction with variant