Hotsync Palm Centro and Tungsten T5?

Hi, Everyone,
I am new to the forum, but have done a little lurking.  I am looking for help with a new install of Palm Desktop 6.2.2
I have had three previous Palm devices and always have trouble moving to the newer platform, but I eventually get it worked out.  I just installed Desktop 6.2.2 on my Vista computer because I got a Centro.  Although the instructions said to install over my prior desktop, when I did so, I lost all the backup files from the prior version.  I hope I can restore them from my T5. 
Will the newer desktop communicate with the T5? 
I read another post about using a fix from Pimlico software to make the newest desktop compatible with the T5.  Does anyonw know if I will have trouble syncing the Centro if I install the fix from Pimlico?
Thanks, Bill
Post relates to: Centro (AT&T)

Are you sync'ing the Centro to the same username in Palm desktop as the T5? If you are, this will cause problems on the new device. When you sync the device, it saves the device settings, 3rd party apps, preferences, etc. in the backup folder in the username folder on the PC. When you sync the new device it copies the contents of the backup folder for the old device to the new device. This will cause corruption in the settings for the new device thus causing erratic behavior of the new device.
You should be sync'ing the 2 devices to 2 different usernames in Palm Desktop so you don't have any conflicts.
You may need to hard reset your device and rename your backup folder. Go to http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=887 and follow the directions to do a hard reset. Next before you hotsync your data back over you will need to rename your backup folder, to do that go here;
XP
C:\program files\palm or palm one\[hotsync username]\ and rename your backup
folder to backup.old
Vista
Start-->documents\Palm OS Desktop\[hotsync username]\ and rename your backup
folder to backup.old
Then hotsync to your current hotsync name and all your contacts, calendar,
tasks, and memos will come back over.
Show file extensions for XP or Vista
XP
If you can not view file extensions on your PC I would like you to open a
folder go to Tools-->Folder Options--> View (tab) and under show hidden
files and folders uncheck hide file extensions for known file types.
Vista
Open control Panel go to Folder Options--> View (tab) and under show hidden
Post relates to: Palm i705

Similar Messages

• PALM CENTRO AND MACBOOK PICTURE SYNC..PLEASE REPLY=[

Hi I have a palm centro and a black macbook verion 10.54
    and i can NOT get it to sync. they connect and stuff, but then the browse my centro part on my computer wont let me click it
    how do i get pictures and videos from my centro to my mac?
    please help=[ 
    Post relates to: Centro (Verizon)

I have a Centro and I can't get it to sync with my computer.  Check the Apple website and look for isync troubleshooting.  It helped me a lot.
    Post relates to: Centro (Sprint)

• Can't sync Palm Centro and Outlook 2007/Windows 7 - please help!

Hello,
    I've never posted on a forum, but I'm at my wits end...!  I've been trying to get my Palm Centro to sync Contacts/Calendar/Memos to Outlook 2007 on my new laptop for a week now with no success.  It used to sync just fine to my old computer with Windows XP and Outlook 2003.  Then that computer crashed (my Outlook files were backed up on an external harddrive).  I received my new computer with Windows 7 XP (32-bit) and Outlook 2007.  I've downloaded the Palm Desktop 6.2, Windows 2007 Conduit, and Software Update 1.03 (Windows installer) for Centro for Verizon. 
    When I sync my phone to my new Outlook, it completes all 12 steps, but does not load Contacts/Calendar/Memos to Outlook.  This is a list of the error messages:
       HotSync session started on 04/14/10 12:11:25, and completed in 100.0 seconds
     Outlook Calendar synchronization completed with messages
     Duration: 5.4 seconds
     Outlook Calendar
     Please set the option "Enable Synchronization when Outlook is offline" in UI inorder to synchronize in Offline mode
     OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
     OLERR:0D-0003
     OLERR:0D-0001
     - Not Synchronized
     Outlook Contacts synchronized successfully
     Duration: 0.0 seconds
     Outlook Contacts
     - Not Synchronized
     Outlook Tasks synchronized successfully
     Outlook Tasks
     - Not Synchronized
     Outlook Notes synchronized successfully
     Outlook Notes
     - Not Synchronized
     Media synchronized successfully Duration: 3.8 seconds
     Backed up some files successfully to Backup Folder 
     Duration: 90.0 seconds
     Backed up 9 file(s) successfully
     AddressingLibRecent-HsCh
     AddressingLibRecent-HsCi
     Messages Database
     PhoneCallDB
     Cookie Data
     AddressCompaniesDB
     psysLaunchDB
     Saved Preferences
     AddressTitlesDB
     Failed to backup 1 file(s) PmTraceDatabase Protocol Error: Handheld file could not be opened. (4004) SYNCERR_FILE_NOT_OPEN
    Can someone please help me transfer Contacts/Calendar/Memos from my Palm Centro to my computer's Outlook 2007?
    I've ready about 3rd party software in posts (Pocket Mirror), but I don't know if it applies here because the Contact/Calendar/Memo information is in my Centro - not in Outlook.  I need to get it from my Centro to Outlook 2007. 
    Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

hat wrote:
    I have a Pre Plus and am using CompanionLink software.  If the Centro is like the Plus (which I believe it is) it will not sync with Outlook.  Here is a link to Companion Link:
    http://www.companionlink.com/index.html
    I have been using this and it works great.  On their site you can choose the phone and the particular program you need to sync with and choose which you way you want to sync.
    Hope this helps
    Sorry hat, the Centro has absolutely nothing in common with a webOS device!  It runs PalmOS.  Nice of you to reply with your suggestion though! 
    @SyncHelpPlease:  OLERR errors are covered in this Palm KB article:
    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/31167_en.html
    Something I noticed in your post - you installed Palm 6.2.2 AND the 2007 conduit.  Palm Desktop 6.2.2. has the 2007 conduits built into it already, and the patch is not needed.  Whether this is the cause of your problems, I'm not sure, but I've fielded several posts of the same issue where the user did the same thing you did!
    I'd suggest doing a clean uninstall, and reinstall of Palm Desktop 6.2.2 only. 
    I admit, I do not use Outlook, nor Win7, so I'm giving you my best guess at a way to solve your problem.  Hopefully, this may lead to a solution! 
    WyreNut
    I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
    You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
    If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
    If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

• Setting up Bluetooth HotSync - Palm Centro, Windows 7, 64 bit

A couple of days ago I posted on here trying to figure out how to HotSync my Palm Centro with my new computer that has Windows 7 (64 bit).  I followed the instructions - had to go and buy a Bluetooth Adapter for the computer - and went through the instructions from the sticky that was pointed out to me in my original question.  I'm to the point where I'm trying to set up the phone to do a Bluetooth HotSync but when it's searching for computers it doesn't find any...
    HELP!!!!! What do I need to do now.  It may take me a couple of days to get back if anyone answers this quickly because I have a very hectic weekend but any and all advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your solution andygc! 
    WyreNut
    If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

• How Text Messages Are Stored on Palm Centro and possible recovery

I come from an extensive IT and programming background with emphasise on databases.  I need some high level understanding of the text messaging system on a Plam Centro system with ATT.
    Questions are related to Recoverying Deleted Text Messages
    1.  Do all incoming and outgoing messages get written to the messages_database.pdf on a Plam Centro (ATT)?
    2.  When a message is deleted, would it be correct to say that the message is not physically deleted but just that a record pointer in the database (messages_database.pdb) is reset so the messages appears to be deleted?
    Why I ask, is that I see a many many requests for people (myself included) of wanting to recover deleted text messages. (i.e. my 16 daughter will not email now becuase we check email but she does text unknown people constantly and it makes it very hard to keep her safe).  When she syncs her phone with her computer, the messages_database.pdb file is in the backup directory and if you open it with a text editor (notepad.exe) you can see only messages that have not beeen deleted.  She usually deletes all her text messages.  There is A LOT of extra data that appears to be encrypted and is not readable.
    Is it possible that the text messages are there but just that the database record pointers hve been reset OR are Plam text messages written to RAM some how; although that does seem to be the case, since when you sync, the messages_database.pdb files has any and all messages that have not deleted.
    It woul be VERY valuable (and I think profitable) if someone very high level knowledge of the messages_database.pdb file could write a PC application that would alloow you to undelete the text messages.  I know there are programs out there that can do this on SIM cards on systems that write the text messages to the sSIM card, but it is my understanding that messages are not stored on the SIM card but in RAM.
    Can any high level technical Palm programmer shed some light on this for me and let me know if there is a way to recovery deleted Text Messages on a Palm Centro?
    Much Apreciated,
    Greg

I    had the same problem.
    1.Search for a program call filez.prc (give your address I can send you) copy it to a memorycard. btw [email protected]
    2. Copy it to the palm device(it works on any)  activate the program on the palm chk rom at the top and chk all message database and smstxt and also some have 0000behind em.  note the sizes as the older ones are larger and copy them to the card.
    3. to view em use microsoft word and use recover txt from any file I think it is called. You will be able to see detail but be careful as it sometime displays truncated or mixed but you will be able to see most txt clearly. 

• Palm Photo and Tungsten E2

Recently I bought a PalmTungsten E2 (PalmOS Garnet v.5.4.7). When I've tried to enter to Photos & Video I got the following message: The application cannot be launched because it is missing location information.
    I checked on the installation disk and tried to install again and again and nothing happened. Could somebody help me. Thanks a lot.
    Post relates to: Tungsten T2
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Are you sync'ing the E2 to the same username in Palm Desktop as the T2?
    If you are, this will cause problems on the new device. When you sync the device, it saves the device settings, 3rd party apps, preferences, etc. in the backup folder in the username folder on the PC. When you sync the new device it copies the contents of the backup folder for the old device to the new device. This will cause corruption in the settings for the new device thus causing erratic behavior of the new device.
    You may need to hard reset your device and rename your backup folder. Go to http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=887 and follow the directions to do a hard reset. Next before you hotsync your data back over you will need to rename your backup folder, to do that go here;
    XP
    folder to backup.old
    Vista
    folder to backup.old
    XP
    Vista
    Click on the following link to the kb.palm.com webpage for the article regarding Upgrading from a previous Palm OS handheld. When you upgrade you need to folow one of the procedures in the article.
    http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=12926
    Message Edited by cygnusX1 on 04-09-2009 01:27 PM

• Verizon Palm Centro ringtone issues

I have A Verizon Wireless Palm Centro and I have some songs on Ptunes I want to use as ringtones. I'm not getting a card anytime soon so can someone just please find a FREE software for me that will turn the songs either on my computer to MIDI files or whaterever will work with my phone. thnx!

Songs can easily "DL" right to your phone from your computer.  It's all explained clearly in the User Guide that ships with every device (on the Installation Disk in pdf format), and is also available online at Palm.com.:
    First Open Pocket Tunes on your phone, then Windows Media Player.  When both programs are up and running, plug in your HotSync cable, but do not press the button to Hotsync!
    Windows: Open Windows Media
    Player on your computer. On the Sync
    tab, select Set Up Sync. Select Finish.
    In the Sync tab, select the files and
    playlists you want to sync manually.
    Select Start Sync. The files are
    transferred to your smartphone.
    This will send the whole library to your card.  There is an option to "Not Sync Automatically" that will then just open the library window in Windows Media Player on the right pane.  You can then drag and drop any songs you want on the card into this window.  When the songs are in the window that you want, then press the "Start Sync" button below the list in Windows Media Player.
    WyreNut

• Palm Centro makes a disconnected number sound in call.

Hello,
    I have a palm centro and every now and than it will make a sound like when a number has been disconnected .  It will make it when I am taking to someone or at any time.  I already tried a soft reset and a hard reset as told by palm support.  This did noy work any suggestions?
    Message Edited by Rob79 on 04-24-2009 06:13 PM

When you hard reset, did you get the erase all data message? 
    Are you sync'ing the new device to the same username in Palm Desktop as an older device?
    If you are, this will cause problems on the new device. When you sync the device, it saves the device settings, 3rd party apps, preferences, etc. in the backup folder in the username folder on the PC. When you sync the new device it copies the contents of the backup folder for the old device to the new device. This will cause corruption in the settings for the new device thus causing erratic behavior of the new device.
    If this is the case, you may need to hard reset your device and rename your backup folder. Go to http://www.palm.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=887 and follow the directions to do a hard reset. Next before you hotsync your data back over you will need to rename your backup folder, to do that go here;
    XP
    folder to backup.old
    Vista
    folder to backup.old
    XP
    Vista
    For reference purposes, click on the following link for the support page for your device on the kb.palm.com webpage.
    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/centro/centro/att/home/page_en.html
    There are links on the page to the user guide, troubleshooting, how to's, downloads, etc.

• Synchroniz​ing Palm Centro Windows 7 (64 bit)

I was dismayed to discover, when I had to purchase a new PC, which came with Windows 7 (64 bit), that my Centro (Verizon) could not HotSync via the USB cable.  I did find the following instructions to HotSync with Bluetooth (with which I am not familiar).
    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/49​229_en.html 
    I purchased a Targus Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter (ACB10US) at our local Staples, then phoned Targus to verify that it i
    s compatible with Windows 7 (64 bit).  I was advised that it is - to follow the installation directions (for Vista) in the package and, if it did not install successfully to download an update from the Broadcom website - but, this was not necessary.
    Once I installed the Bluetooth Adapter and it appeared on my PC as a device, I followed the directions on the page above, but my Centro did not find my PC.
    I phoned Palm Support and a rep guided me through configuring the Bluetooth settings and settings in HotSync Manager to change for first time synchronization.  My Centro "found" my PC and I was able to successfully HotSync!  It took a while (about 25 minutes) as I have a lot of third party programs on the Centro.  There was only one minor error (SysZLib.prc already exists), but everything else appears to be just fine, including adding files to third party desktop programs (E-Wallet, ThoughtManager, etc.).  Everything seems fine.
    I hope this will be helpful to others with a Palm Centro and Windows 7 (64 bit).

Thank you for this information I also just created an post located here: http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id​=windows_hotsync&thread.id=53678
    I do apologize this was not out there earlier so you could make use of it

• Palm Centro Bluetooth Sync with Vista 64bit

I just got a Palm Centro and was able to go all the way through configuring both the Palm Centro and the PC to see each other.  I created a virtual COM port (COM5) and selected that port as my Serial Connection.
    That is when it stops working.  Pressing the HotSync button on the Centro gives me the following error...
    Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application.
    This port was just created, how can it be in use?
    Thanks, John
    Post relates to: Palm Z22
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Did you check bluetooth under connections in Hotsync Manager on the PC? Right click the hotsync icon and goto settings, then connections. Is bluetooth there and checked? If not do so.
    Next delete the bluetooth connection on the device and try to recreate it.  You shouldn't need to create the virtual port on a vista system. That step was for older versions of windows that didn't do that automaticaly. 
    Post relates to: None

• Only Able to Wirelessly Sync Palm Centro One-Time Before Needing to Reboot My PC to Sync Again

I'm using a Bluetooth dongle to sync between a Palm Centro and my PC, which uses the Windows Vista 64-bit and Outlook 2007. After an unbelievable four hours on the phone with Palm support, I was able to synchronize wirelessly because that was the only option available.
    All synchronizations have been problem free for at least four months and then for reasons that escape me, I can only successfully sync once, without having to reboot my PC. It seems that each reboot is good for one sync. When I try to sync more than once, I get the following error message on my Centro:
    "Unable to initiate hot sync operation because the port is in use by another application."
    I am probably going to be upgrading to Windows 7 over the next month or two and am a bit concerned with the problems I've seen from people who've gone from Vista to Windows 7, who did not have any problems under Vista. The only reason I mention this is because of whatever solution that is suggested, hopefully it will also work under Windows 7.
    It is great to have a community that helps with Palm. Thank you very much.

The Bluetooth work around as worked for most customers and does not for some. This is for both Vista 64 and Windows 7 64. With your case it sounds like the Bluetooth partnership needs to be renewed. To do that delete both partnerships from the device and then re-add them. If you need more information on this please look at this thread: http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=windows_hotsync&thread.id=53678

• Palm Centro Sync Error

Hi Everyone,
    I recently upgraded to the Palm Centro and I love it, the only thing is I've been getting the same error message since the first time I synced with my laptop.  I've looked through the first 16 pages of this forum hoping to find some information and while I saw a few posts, none referred to the error message that I'm getting.
    Phone: Palm Centro
    Connection: USB
    This is the error message:
    PMTraceDatabase
    Protocol Error
    Handheld file could not be opened. (4004)
    SYNCERR_FILE_NOT_OPEN
    Whatever help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

If you do a search on the forum for 4004 you will find many other posts about the error message especially with Vista. The Centro is relatively new and any extra information you can provide us will greatly help decode this error.
    1. Can you post all third party applications you have installed on your device
    2. What device did you upgrade from?
    3. Did you follow standard upgrade procedures that can be found here http://kb.palm.com solution id 12926
    4. Are you syncing through EAS?
    5. Are you doing a cabled sync, bluetooth, wireless?
    6. Are you using any other backup program, either through Sprint or another third party company?
    7. Are you syncing to Palm Desktop or Microsoft Outlook? (if outlook what version)
    At this time with the limited information you have provided the only solution I can suggest if the soft reset as the previous person posted is to hard reset your device and follow the standard upgrade procedure that I provided for you on step 2.
    Any other information you can provide that you believe might be of some use will be great also.

• The buttons on my palm centro will not work

my palm centro has been acting up lately. all of the buttons will not work except the palm button sometimes. i can only use the touchscreen. i can send txt messages and calls only to the people in my contacts.i think it has something to do with my cousin installing a new app to my phone by taking his memory card from his palm centro and puttig it in to mine. i need help with this problem and it is really pissing me off.

dnolan44 wrote:
    how do you get to it?
    As I stated above, you look for the "Prefs" icon on your phone, then when it opens you look for "Keyguard"....   :\
    WyreNut

• Help with sharing programs/calender between two palm centros (sprint)

My wife and I have identical new palm centros and we want to share contacts and calender throught the palm software.  I have tried to name them both the same and the program recognizes 2 different phones so it wouldnt share...
    is tere any way to share this with the two?
    I am trying to do software also... games.. etc... medical software...
    help...

Hello and thank you for using the Palm Help Forums!
    This is very possible. The easiest way is to beam the programs using bluetooth. Once bluetooth is enabled on both devices, from the main Apps screen, click the upper left hand side of the screen and you should see some menus drop down. Click App then go to send. Select the program you want to transfer and click Send.
    Depending on the size of the program you are trying to send will determine how long it will take.
    I hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.
    -Pat
    Post relates to: Treo 800w (Sprint)

• Can not get e-mail messages to go out on my Palm Centro

I have a Palm Centro and have tried to set up my e-mail accounts.  I can not get either e-mail options to send the e-mails out (I can get incoming messages however).  I have entered the correct information required by my provider (I am with Mediacom).  Any ideas on what the problem might be or what I can do to fix it? Thanks. 

This happens with a lot of providers, who block remote access to their outgoing servers as a means of preventing spam.
    Try using Sprint's outgoing mail server.   Go to the Palm Knowledgebase and enter 39211 in the Solution ID box for the server information.
    Message Edited by smkranz on 12-10-2008 08:06 AM
    smkranz
    I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
    Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android

Maybe you are looking for

• W530 – Solution for lack of eSATAp port

Hi All, When I was analyzing laptop specifications to buy a new one, I was disappointed because I have some external eSATA disks, and there were no eSATAp connector on any W530 model. Anyway, I brought one and I can assure you it is a solid and great

• Repair a Corrupt PSD (Photoshop CS4) file on a mac

I am on a Mac running 10.6.3 and using CS4.  Unfortunately I recently had a major system failure and had to wipe my drive and reinstall.  I was able to recover my data using data rescue 3, but a few of my Photoshop files won't open.  Photoshop tells

• Using GRC in a Federated Portal Network

Hi All, We are usning a Federated Portal Network and would like to do Role provisioning through GRC.I know that GRC can do role provisioning in one single portal. I would like to find out if it can be done in a Federated Portal Environment in which I

• Envelope printing for HP 6600

I am trying to print on an envelope that is not a standard size.  The printer is not recognizing the custom sizes.  Is there a way to change the settings for envelpoes? for the hp 6600

• Any Way to display HTML pages on Applet

Hi All, Is there any way to show web pages on Applet? Is it possible ?