Hotsynch with Palm Tungsten T5

Hi- I have  Palm OS desktop that was installed from a Palm Zire! The actual Palm has ceased working and I now have a Palm Tungsten T5.  When I tried to Hotsynch for first time it says that it can't connect with computer. There is no installer CD. I am using Vista.  Please help as I need all my memo notes for work! Also- not all that computer savvy!
Thanks
Post relates to: Tungsten T5

jipds wrote:
Hi!  I am trying to synchronize my Tungsten T5 with Win 7 64 bit.
I installed Desktop 6.2.2 as adviced here, but my palm does not detects nor lists the pc on the synchronizable pc's list (nearby devices).
Is there something else to be done?
thanks
Jipds 
And how are you trying to do this?  Via Bluetooth?
Have you paired the two devices?  Does your computer have a BlueTooth radio in it?
As a bit of a guide, here's an article on how to Hotsync a Centro via BlueTooth:
http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/nua/launchKB.asp?c=49229
WyreNut
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!
If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

Similar Messages

• Sharing Internet with Palm Tungsten T3 via Bluetooth - possible still?

Ok...I know I'm using legacy technology with the Palm Tungsten T3 and it seems that all discussions online that I've found are out of date. Even Missing Sync's Internet Sharing product is discontinued. But I'm running 10.5 on my MacBook Pro...so I would have thought that sharing via Bluetooth PAN would work.
    But could be that Bluetooth PAN is something too new for the T3 to handle. So then am I back to using Terminal to run a separate PPP server for the T3? If that's the case...I guess I can try these instructions from 2003 and 2002:
    http://www.bioneural.net/2003/10/12/mac-internet-on-palm-via-bluetooth/
    http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20021103062212288
    Message was edited by: elvinc

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!
    You'll most likely need an application called Softick PPP:
    http://www.softick.com/ppp/
    WyreNut
    If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

• Problems synching with Palm Tungsten T3

I am having problems synching with my Palm Tungsten T3 datebook to Outlook 2003.  It was working up until about a week ago.  When I try to synch, it works for a few items and then I get the error message Pilot connector "Unable to read application data".  I click OK and then it finishes.  Below is the information I get in my log:
    HotSync operation started 07/29/08 15:21:15
    OK Expense
    OK Note Pad
    OK Voice Memo
    OK Photos
    Palm handheld database could not be opened (4004).
    Unable to communicate with Palm handheld (400D).
       -- Backing up db Bluetooth Trusted Devices to file C:\Program Files\Palm\PageT\Backup\Bluetooth_Trusted_Devices.PDB
       -- Backing up db Bluetooth Device Cache to file C:\Program Files\Palm\PageT\Backup\Bluetooth_Device_Cache.PDB
       -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program Files\Palm\PageT\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK System
    HotSync operation complete 07/29/08 15:22:20
    I use Intellisync Desktop and Windows XP.  I tried a soft reset with no luck. 
    Any help would be great!
    Thanks!
    Tammy
    Post relates to: Tungsten T3

don't know if you can help.  i have a t-3 and when i last synced it erased all of my calander on both the device and my palm desktop.  the log said i had exceeded my file number and needed to erase some calander files and resynch.  tried but to no avail.  i can see folders in my palm program folder in windows i have calander backup data.  but i cannot import them under the file options from palm desktop program.  need some help please, i never knew before but do know now i should've backed up that data onto a cd or thumb drive.
    Post relates to: Tungsten T3

• ICal not syncing with Palm Tungsten E

I had to reinstall my operating system to the original Tiger. I reinstalled my Palm Desk top and updated it to 4.2. and synced with the Palm. Then I did a combined update to 10.4.6 & iSync 2.2. I added the Palm devise and did the original sync with the isync button. When I went to sync again later as I had added dates on the Palm I used the hot sync on the Palm. The dates did not show up on the iCal. How do I resolve this issue?

Welcome to Apple Discussions.
    Can you describe what you did a little more clearly? I understand that you reinstalled Mac OS X 10.4, the Palm Desktop 4.2.1—revision D, I presume, from a downloadable package obtained from Palm—then synchronized with the Palm Desktop. You then updated to Mac OS X 10.4.6 by applying a Mac OS Update package, and added your Tungsten E to iSync, presumably using the Enable Palm OS Syncing… option under the iSync Devices menu. Is that correct?
    When you first synchronized using iSync 2.2, did you choose the Merge the data in iCal and on your Palm, or did you choose to Replace the data on your Tungsten E?
    Following your initial synchronization with iSync 2.2, you added, changed or deleted some events on your Tungsten, correct? And those modified records did not show up in iCal after yet another synchronization event, correct?
    The reason that I ask these specific questions is that individuals use such terms as Palm, Palm Desktop, HotSync, iSync button and so on almost interchangeably. By Palm, for example, you could be referring to your device, the Palm Desktop package—including the HotSync Manager and Transport Monitor—installed on your computer, or simply the Palm Desktop contact and calendaring application alone. Depending upon what you are actually trying to convey, the issues and therefore, the resolution of those issues, can be very different.

• Can't sync Calender with Palm Tungsten T2.

I'm using Windows Vista and when I press Hotsync on my Palm, it won't sync the calender events from PC to Palm but will sync from Palm to PC. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Post relates to: Tungsten T2

I have the same problem but with all the standard apps - calendar, memos, address book, syncing my "new" T2 to Windows XP running desktop 4.1.4.  3rd-party apps seemed to sync fine, though Docs 2 Go and Easy Calc need the coirrect version... sigh....
    Years ago I had a T2 synced to this computer and this user name, I believe I've upgraded palm desktop SW since then and most recently had an E2, but that got run over, so I picked up this T2.
    I tried doing another hard reset and re-loading, but still the sync claims everything is fine, but no data.  Not sure how to tell what version of SW the palm has on it.  Maybe the palm and desktop version are not compatible????
    Post relates to: Tungsten T2

• Cannot hotsynch with Palm m515 to Vista 32 home, cannot install driver, digital signature error

I recently got a used palm m515, it came with the manual, cradle, cables etc. but did not include the installation disk for palm desktop software. I downloaded software version 4.1.4 from the hp website, no problems. I went through the setup for the m515, no problems. I tried to hotsynch the first time via usb from the cradle, and was prompted by windows to install the usb driver. When I attempted to install the driver, I got the following message:
    "The driver cannot be installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in the appropriate manner. Contact your hardware vendor."
    Since then, I have uninstalled 4.1.4, reinstalled it, got the same message, uninstalled it again, tried installing 6.2, same message, uninstalled that. I've hard reset the m515 twice. I've made sure everything is plugged in, turned on, etc.
    Please help!

Just some general thoughts...
    Are you absolutely sure you have a 32bit Vista system?  It sounds like the error you get when trying to connect to a 64bit version...
    Did you connect the device before installing Palm Desktop?  USB devices need their drivers in place prior to connecting the cable.
    A "Clean Uninstall" sounds in order before trying anything else.  See this thread by smkranz for instructions.
    I'd stick with version 4.x if indeed you have a 32bit system.  6.2 will require another program to get the database structure correct with older PalmOS devices.
    (Speaking of "Clean", make sure the HotSync port on the m515 is clean, and the fingers in the cradle all look straight.  They can be cleaned with electronic "contact cleaner", or carefully with a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol.)
    WyreNut

• Installing Hotsync on Windows 7 with Palm Tungsten T3

I downloaded the latest Hotsync manager, It fully installed, Windows 7 came back with imcompatible driver.  Any newer HOtsync mgr's available? 

We're using Adobe Presenter 10. In both builds there is an presenter.msi file and a setup.exe file. (The builds created in Creative Cloud Packager)
    Installing setup.exe from the 64 bit version gives us an x64 versions of presenter on the machine. (Win x64 with 32 bit office)
    If I run the setup.exe from the 32 bit version it fails on a Win x64machine with 32 bit office.
    If I run the setup.exe from the 64 bit version it fails on a Win x86 machine with 32 bit office.
    If I run setup.exe from the 32bit version on a 32bit box it works fine.
    Both packages install correctly on thier respective Operating systems. However as we are using a 32 bit version of office on a 64bit version of Windows it does not work,

• Syncing Palm Tungsten E2 with Mac OS 10.4.11

Have synced with Palm Zire 21 for 3 years - no prob. New Tungsten E2 arrives. Can sync calendars from computer to E2, but not from E2 to computer. Also no memos will transfer from computer to E2. Address Book is same. Using USB connection only. Any suggestions from anybody?

Welcome to Apple Discussions.
    How have you historically synchronized memos? I ask, because the synchronization of memos has never been supported by iSync and the iSync Palm Conduit, so it should be no surprise that this function does not operate with your Tungsten organizer.
    You indicate that changes made to iCal calendars are reflected on your handheld organizer, but that those made on the organizer are not reflected in iCal. Are you aware that the addition, deletion or modification of calendar data is pulled from your device and pushed to iCal to a single calendar? By default, that it the Unfiled calendar in iCal.
    If that's not the issue, have you reset iSync using the Reset Sync History… option in the iSync Preferences… pane? To do so, launch iSync, open the Preferences… pane, press the Reset Sync History… button and follow the instruction which appear. This procedure should restore bidirectional synchronization behavior.

• Syncing Palm Tungsten E2 With MacBook Air

Hello, I have owned a Palm Tungsten E2 since 2005.  I was able to install the Desktop software on windows XP and sync the device with my Windows XP laptop since 2005.  I recently purchased a MAcBook Air and installed the Desktop Software from the CD I purchased in 2005 (it has a Mac version).  It appeared to install OK but when I pressed the sync button on the device nothing happened.  I would appreciate any help on this issue.    Many thanks, 

Hi and welcome to the HP Support Community.
    Unfortunately, I don't think you have any current options to sync with your new Mac.  Palm Desktop 4.2 ceased Mac compatibility with 10.6 Snow Leopard.  The only alternative used to be a third party app called Missing Sync.  However, it was incompatible with Mac X 10.9 going forward.  Also, it has been discontined as of 12/31/14.
    smkranz
    I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
    Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android

• The Missing Sync for Palm OS v6.0.4 won't run with my Palm Tungsten E2

Having problems with Palm iSync on My iBook with 10.4.11 I bought The Missing Sync.
    I removed Palm Desktop and installed Missing Sync. However sync won't start when I press the HotSync button.
    Is my Palm Tungsten E2, running Palm OS Garnet v. 3.1.1 too old? 
    If so, can I upgrade it? 
    Post relates to: Tungsten E2

No, there is nothing published - that I am aware of - other than the Missing Sync User Guide that you received [as portable document format file] when you purchased the Missing Sync for Palm OS.
    There is some developer documentation available from Apple, but it has little direct bearing on anything like the issue you are seeing. Your crash logs should have provided an indication of what was going on, and - using them - Mark/Space should have been able to identify your issue pretty easily.
    It's very difficult to troubleshoot unusual issues remotely. Common problems - which can be easily identified - are readily corrected just by following the instructions posted by some knowledgable person here in the Apple Discussions forums. Given the unique circumstances you report of total failure following the installation of the Missing Sync, it's very likely that the actual culprit in your configuration is NOT the Palm desktop, iSync, .Mac Sync, the Missing Sync for Palm OS or your Treo 600. Something unique about your configuration is likely responsible. Trying to eliminate the variables, though, is not an easy task.
    One relatively easy way to troubleshoot such issues is to create a new user, reinstall the Missing Sync and attempt to synchronize using that new user account. If that process is successful, you'll immediately know that something involving your existing user account is responsible for the issue.

• Unable to Install Universal Wireless Keyboard with the CD that came with the Palm Tungsten E2 on my Windows Vista OS. Can some help? Would Appreciate it very much.

I recently bought a Palm Tungsten E2. I have been unable to install the Universal Wireless Keyboard software that came with the E2. Went online and downloaded the version 1.13 UWK and that would not install either. What did I do wrong?

For Vista that version will not let you install programs. Good news though is we have a version you can. Go here, http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/windesk62.html and install this on top of the version you already have. There is going to be a few changes on the desktop, there is no quick install, but the install tool.
    Once you have that done just double click on keyboard and it will ask you your hotsync name and sync and your done.
    Oh as a side note the check if this is your solution is only if the answer solves your original question.
    Message back if you have more question or need more help
    Post relates to: Palm Z22

• Palm Tungsten E No Longer Sync with Macs

I have a Palm Tungsten E (OS 4.5.1P) that no longer Sync's to my two Macintosh computers with OS 10.5.8 but still works fine with my PC computer. That's to say the Macintosh computers won't even acknowledge that I'm trying to sync and via versa that the Tungsten doesn't see the Mac's trying to sync. It's like I have no USB cable attached (which is how I have always synchronized it). 
    In trouble shooting, I've found that my Palm Zire 72 (OS 4.5.2P) will sync flawlessly with all these computers. What did I change?! Nothing I think. Help please.
    Post relates to: Tungsten E
    Message Edited by Green-Achers on 09-17-2009 09:49 AM
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Have you done a restart on the Mac's? Also on the device? Also have you tried a different sync cable?

• Palm Tungsten E2 to sync with I-Touch

Since Palm is no longer supporting PDAs; and since my Plam will enventually malfunction, I am thinking of transferring my 600+ contacts to I-Touch. I bought an I-Touch and attempted the transfer, but, was unsuccessful.
    I returned the I-Touch.
    Has anyone been successful in transferring contacts to the I-Touch from Palm Tungsten E2? I need help.
    Thank you
    SZ

http://forums.hpwebos.com/t5/Windows-HotSync/Fix-Hotsync-to-work-with-Outlook-2010/td-p/320732

• I lost my old palm tungsten (about 5-6 years old. All the information is backed up on my laptop. Is there a new Palm I can buy that will do a sync with my computer?

Post relates to: Tungsten E

Sorry for your loss. But it's awesome that your stuff was backed up. Yay!
    Yes, any handheld/smartphones that uses "Palm OS" (key term) should sync just like your old Tungsten. Palm no longer sells Palm OS handhelds/smartphones as new, but you can usually pick one up on eBay or Amazon as a used item.
    In order from newest to oldest:
    Palm TX
    Palm Tungsten T5
    Palm Tungsten T3
    Centro is Palm's last smartphone which does everything a Palm OS handheld does, and you don't have to have a wireless service attached to it so you can essentially use it as a handheld.
    The Lifedrive is a pretty good workhorse - chunkier and older than the others but I always liked it. Nice big screen.
    For example:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0009JMT38/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000BI7NHY/ref=sr_1_12_olp?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1279132491&sr=1-1...
    Keep in mind these products are no longer manufactured, so when your "new" used device needs to be upgraded/replaced, you'll need to start looking at webOS phones, Windows Mobile phones/handhelds, or Android products. None of these sync the same way as the old Palm OS devices. Some of your stuff might not port over.
    webOS is the next generation of Palm, so I'm suggesting that option when the time comes.   Palm has an app that migrates Calendar, Contacts and Tasks from Palm Desktop to webOS, which is quite convenient. In fact, you could get a webOS phone now, and move your Palm Desktop stuff over to it today - no need to go through a new/used Palm OS intermediary device.

• 64-bit Windows 7 Pro's Windows XP Mode, Palm Desktop 4.1.4 sync with Palm Vx?

I last talked about Palm Desktop compatibility with 64-bit Windows at http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=software&message.id=37767.  Fortunately, I haven't replaced my laptop yet, so I am in the enviable(?) position of planning the acquisition of a spanking new machine with 64-bit Windows 7 Pro (sidenote: likely a 14" ASUS).  However, my PDA is still Palm Vx, which requires Palm 4.1.4, which requires 32-bits, which is provided in Windows 7 Pro by its Windows XP Mode.  Has anyone heard any word of whether XP mode allows seamless sync'ing through the serial or IR ports?  Serial is most preferrable, of course, due its speed, lack of headaches with line-of-sight alignment, and the fact that it needs to be docked anyway for recharging.
    I'm not sure if it's as dependent on the Palm Desktop version as much as it depends on the Hotsynch Manager, which is 4.1.0.  There are probably certain Hotsynch Manager versions that are compatible with Palm Desktop 4.1.4 and Palm Vx.
    Post relates to: Palm Vx

I last talked about Palm Desktop compatibility with 64-bit Windows at http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=software&message.id=37767.  Fortunately, I haven't replaced my laptop yet, so I am in the enviable(?) position of planning the acquisition of a spanking new machine with 64-bit Windows 7 Pro (sidenote: likely a 14" ASUS).  However, my PDA is still Palm Vx, which requires Palm 4.1.4, which requires 32-bits, which is provided in Windows 7 Pro by its Windows XP Mode.  Has anyone heard any word of whether XP mode allows seamless sync'ing through the serial or IR ports?  Serial is most preferrable, of course, due its speed, lack of headaches with line-of-sight alignment, and the fact that it needs to be docked anyway for recharging.
    I'm not sure if it's as dependent on the Palm Desktop version as much as it depends on the Hotsynch Manager, which is 4.1.0.  There are probably certain Hotsynch Manager versions that are compatible with Palm Desktop 4.1.4 and Palm Vx.
    Post relates to: Palm Vx

Maybe you are looking for

• Material in Sceduling agreement is not coming in Delivery

Dear Friends One of my materals is maintained in Scheduling Agreement. We have delivered it till 11.4.09. This material is there in MMBE stock. But it is not coming in VL01N. Pls tell me how to bring matrial in VL01n. Thanks Sangeeta

• Generic Extractors for HR Reports using views and Infoset Query

Hi Friends... I am working to come out with the HR reports in BW for the HR reports which are already there in R/3. The HR reports in R/3 are created based on Infoset Query.I could not find any standard business content cubes which can give me these

• Logical Volume is non-contiguous

I'm having problems creating database files on a certain logical volume. It is configured non-contiguous. Does this matter?

• Using Firefox 4.0.1 and when click on article get message "fail"

When I got to my.yahoo and click on NASCAR News it seems to start displaying the article, but then the word 'fail' comes up and the article isn't displayed.. I can go to Sports News and it'll work, or go to other parts of my yahoo and the articles wi

• MAX DB error

Hi Gurus, I installed BI nw2004s in windows environment(With MaxDB) with 4GB ram and 2X2.61 GHz processor we completed installation successfully. After that we restared the server and we got problem with disp+work.EXE that is stopped. while checking