How Can I listen to the line-in on my T400?

When I am at my desk, I've always had my satellite radio plugged into the line-in on my computer so that I can listen to it through the same speakers.  With my new T400, I have the radio's output plugged into the line-in on the Advanced Dock.  I know that it's getting a signal because if I record with Microsoft Sound Recorder, it records the radio.  
How can I listen live to the signal coming into the line-in?

You can thank Microsoft for this one.  They disabled the pass-through ability in Vista. Apparently too many people complained about feedback issues when trying to use webcams or VOIP programs and didn't know to mute the Line-In on the mixer.  It took me forever to find how to correct it.
The following will enable the input sliders in your playback devices so audio pass through works without having to run through an application like it worked in XP. Remember, always backup your Registry just in case. I had to create new Keys for filter and SpeakerHp but yours may already be there
1) Open regedit (Start->Run, type regedit)
2) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE1031*8}\0000\Settings\filter\SpeakerHp\
3) Create a new Binary Value
4) Give it the name EnableInputMonitor
5) Set it's value to 01
6) Restart your machine
7) Open your Playback Devices (right click on volume control icon in system tray, select Playback Devices)
8) Open the Speakers/Headphones
9) Go to the levels tab
10) Unmute the input monitor
T500 - P8600 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, Modded - 4GB Patriot DDR3 and 320GB Caviar Black 7200rpm drive with Ati HD3650 and Catalyst 9.6 modded drivers - Vista Business 32bit stripped down to bare bones with VM's from Ubuntu to Win7RC1 64-bit.

Similar Messages

• How can I listen to the music/songs or watch the movies in my iTunes library if I've damaged/lost my iPod and use a system-reovered/new computer?

I accidentally dropped my iPod Classic 160 GB into the toilet
    bowl of my home sometime ago, and unfortunately enough,
    as misfortunes seldom come singly, I got a serious problem
    with my computer ( an HP Desktop) and had to do the system
    recovery which, as you know, removes everything in the system
    drive. After having reinstalled iTunes, I thought I should be able
    to listen to the music I kept in the Library of iTunes, but I don't
    see any of my music/songs or movies there. Thus come my
    three questions below:
    1) How can I locate and enjoy the music or movies I saved in
    the iTunes Library with a computer after its system recovery
    or even a new computer?
    2) Like the current situation I'm in, when my iPod is damaged
    or lost, can I still enjoy the music or movies saved in the
    iTunes Library from my computer ( meaning without an iPod)
    if I have the iTunes application installed in it? How? Do I have
    to sign in my account? Sign in with my e-mail address saved
    in my account? Where can I find the sign-in webpage of iTunes?
    (Please provide me with the related link of the webpage.)
    3) The above issue brings up another question, are the music/songs
    and movies as well as other programs in the iTunes Library saved
    in my computer or in Apple's server?
    Please, with your kind patience, let me know as detailed as possible.
    And also let me know what Apple's e-mail address I can use to ask
    for support on such issues as described above? Although I always
    prefer asking for support or help by e-mail, I would also appreciate
    if you could let me know the phone number I can use to ask for
    such help.
    Best regards,
    Lawrence Wood

System Recovery generally assumes you have backed up your data somewhere first. If not, you're in trouble.
    Depending on your region you can recover most of your previous iTunes purchases. Install iTunes. Use Store > Authorize This Computer... and Store > Sign In... then select iTunes Store in the left-hand column and click Purchased in the Quick Links section on the right. You should now be looking at a list of past purchases that you can download to your computer.
    See also: HT2519 - Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store
    Your purchase history is preserved on Apple's servers. Anything you ripped from CD or downloaded from elsewhere was stored on your computer and should have been backed up.
    There is no live telephone support for iTunes issues. For problems with a particular purchase contact the iTunes Store support staff through the report a problem links in your account history, or via Contact Support. For general issues with usage this is the place to get help.
    tt2

• How can you tell if the line has errors?

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible.
    <background>
    For 2years (up to 6months ago) I was on BE ADSL and was very impressed with the quality of the service (low latency, decent bandwidth) on my line.  However when I heard that FTTC was being rolled out I switched to Zen internet on the understanding that I could then switch to the FTTC product as soon as it was available.
    Immediately after switching to Zen I started to experience problems with VOIP (I use VOIP extensions against an externally hosted PBX) and was seeing CRC errors on the line.  In the process (~2months) of getting this diagnosed the FTTC product became available and since I wanted uncapped switched to BT Infinity for Business Option 2.
    </background>
    I now find that again I get sporadic VOIP problems (but not as bad as on the ADSL2 service via Zen) but very regular BBC iPlayer dropouts listening to the radio.
    Due to the previous problems whilst on ADSL2 I suspect I still have a minor line fault but as I can't access any stats on the line have no way to verify.  Does anyone have any pointers on where to get line stats to see what is going on on the connection? I can't get any info out of the OR modem.
    Regarding my network.  I am using a cabled, gigabit connection directly to a Draytek 2820n which is in turn doing the PPPoE through the BT OR modem.  I use two different machines and experience the same issues on both.  I'm a server & network admin by trade so pretty sure it's not my internal infrastructure at fault.
    My IP profile is apparently 38717 Kbps down / 10000 KBps up.
    BT Speed tester shows achieved 26581 down and 4912 up though

jmansford,
    I may be wrong about this as I am only refering to my own 2750n settings,but looking at your upload throughput test results some if not all of your problems could be due to a wrongly wieghted QoS setting and/or port capacity setting based on QoS.
    As you line profile is ok at 38717 Kbps down / 10000 KBps up it looks like there is no problem on your actual line,but phone line noise test might find some crackle,but I don`t think so.
    By your post,you say your are routing PPPoE through the Draytek into the OR modem.?
    If so,maybe you could try leaving the OR or Draytek out of the chain as a process of testing where faults [if any] are.?
     To sum up a bit imo leaving the OR modem out of the net chain might be a better way as I only use the 2750n on it`s own as the OR modem is not then needed.
    Opps! sorry I might be wrong in my above thinking,but is your Draytek just a router or a modem/router combined like the 2750n.?
    But either way the QoS setting are still important.

• How can I Listen to the File changes?

Hi all,
    I am confused in this problem.
    How can I make my program listen to the changes in a file. File is not opened in java program, but it is a outside file.
    User is not concerned with java program. User opens a file by double clicking and changes something in file. I want to make my java program listen to the file.So program keeps running. So whenever user changes data in that file, my java program should be notified.
    Please help me.
    Thanks

I guess there are a couple of options.
    The full-java version is writing an application that opens said file every n seconds on a timer, and compares it against a cache for changes.
    Option two is jni.

• How can i read all the lines from a text file in specific places and use the data ?

string[] lines = File.ReadAllLines(@"c:\wmiclasses\wmiclasses1.txt");
    for (int i = 0; i < lines.Length; i++)
    if (lines[i].StartsWith("ComboBox"))
    And this is how the text file content look like:
    ComboBox Name cmbxOption
    Classes Win32_1394Controller
    Classes Win32_1394ControllerDevice
    ComboBox Name cmbxStorage
    Classes Win32_LogicalFileSecuritySetting
    Classes Win32_TapeDrive
    What i need to do is some things:
    1. Each time the line start with ComboBox then to get only the ComboBox name from the line for example cmbxOption.
       Since i have already this ComboBoxes in my form1 designer i need to identify where the cmbxOption start and end and when the next ComboBox start cmbxStorage.
    2. To get all the lines of the current ComboBox for example this lines belong to cmbxOption:
    Classes Win32_1394ControllerDevice
    3. To create from each line a Key and Value for example from the line:
    Then the key will be Win32_1394Controller and the value will be only 1394Controller
    Then the second line key Win32_1394ControllerDevice and value only 1394ControllerDevice
    4. To add to the correct belonging ComboBox only the value 1394Controller.
    5. To make that when i select in the ComboBox for example in cmbxOption the item 1394Controller it will act like i selected Win32_1394Controller.
    For example in this event:
    private void cmbxOption_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    InsertInfo(cmbxOption.SelectedItem.ToString(), ref lstDisplayHardware, chkHardware.Checked);
    In need that the SelectedItem will be Win32_1394Controller but the user will see in the cmbxOption only 1394Controller without the Win32_
    This is the start of the method InsertInfo
    private void InsertInfo(string Key, ref ListView lst, bool DontInsertNull)
    That's why i need that the Key will be Win32_1394Controller but i want that the user will see in the ComboBox only 1394Controller without the Win32_

Hello,
    Here is a running start on getting specific lines in the case lines starting with ComboBox. I took your data and placed it into a text file named TextFile1.txt in the bin\debug folder. Code below was done in
    a console app.
    using System;
    using System.IO;
    using System.Linq;
    namespace ConsoleApplication1
    internal class Program
    private static void Main(string[] args)
    var result =
    from T in File.ReadAllLines(Path.Combine(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory, "TextFile1.txt"))
    .Select((line, index) => new { Line = line, Index = index })
    .Where((s) => s.Line.StartsWith("ComboBox"))
    select T
    ).ToList();
    if (result.Count > 0)
    foreach (var item in result)
    Console.WriteLine("Line: {0} Data: {1}", item.Index, item.Line);
    Console.ReadLine();
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my webpage under my profile but do not reply to forum questions.

• How can I listen to the local radio on my ipod when not on wifi?

I used to have an ipod nano and was able to listen to local stations on the radio without being connected to wifi and now I have an ipod touch and no longer have that option.  Is there anyway that I can listen to the local radio stations on my ipod touch without being connected to wifi.  I know there is an adapter that I can get to plug into my car to listen to the radio on my ipod but I have a radio in my car so that defeats the purpose.
    If anyone knows a solution please let me know.

do they have an adapter that doesn't require that it be plugged into the car, just the phone.  Also if they do what is it called and where can I get one.

• HT1338 How can I listen to the music in a PPP presentation. Any suggestion?

Is there any way I can listen to the music in a PPP presentation?
    Thanks

Hello, File Juicer is likely the best way!
    http://echoone.com/filejuicer/formats/formats.php?f=pptx

• How can i check if the lines are the same ?

private bool displayed;
    private void PostMessage()
    for (int i = 0; i < ScrollLabel._lines.Length; i++)
    for (int x = 0; x < WordsList.words.Length; x++)
    if (ScrollLabel._lines[i].Contains(WordsList.words[x]) && !displayed)
    displayed = true;
    lineToPost = ScrollLabel._lines[i];
    PostFacebookWall(LongaccessToken, lineToPost + Environment.NewLine + Environment.NewLine + "נשלח באופן אוטומטי כניסיון דרך תוכנה");
    I call this method in a timer tick event every second.
    But if the variable string lineToPost is
    identical it will not send it again. But it might be a situation that the lineToPost may
    contain the exact same word inside but the whole line is not the same so i want to send it.
    Only if the whole line is the same, then don't make the postFacebookWall
    If the whole line is not the same but the same word is the line as in other line(s), then use thePostFacebookWall method.
    I'm using a bool variable
    so it will not send the same line over and over again.
    I would like it to send the line(s) once, regardless if there is only one line or if there are more than one line.
    The problem is the way I'm using the bool now,
    it will send a line and then will never send any other line at all.
    I tried to change the method to this:
    // key: line index, value: sent line
    private Dictionary<int, string> sent = new Dictionary<int, string>();
    private void PostMessage()
    for (int i = 0; i < ScrollLabel._lines.Length; i++)
    var line = ScrollLabel._lines[i];
    if (sent.ContainsKey(i) && sent[i] == line) continue;
    sent[i] = line;
    if (WordsList.words.Any(line.Contains))
    PostFacebookWall(LongaccessToken, line + Environment.NewLine + Environment.NewLine
    + "נשלח באופן אוטומטי כניסיון דרך תוכנה");
    numberofposts += 1;
    label7.Text = numberofposts.ToString();
    But its not good it keep sending many times the same lines.
    This is the timer tick event code:
    private void timer1_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
    counter += 1;
    if (counter == 10)
    scrollLabel1.Reset();
    scrollLabel1.Text = " ";
    scrollLabel1.Invalidate();
    readableRss = RssReader.covertRss("http://rotter.net/rss/rotternews.xml");
    this.scrollLabel1.Text = readableRss;
    scrollLabel1.Invalidate();
    counter = 0;
    PostMessage();
    Im updating the text/lines every 10 seconds .
    And calling the PostMessage method every second.
    And when im calling the PostMessage it should it should call inside the method PostFacebookWall only when the whole line is not identical to other lines and if a word in words is exist in any line.
    The variable WorldList.words is string[] contain some words(string).
    For example if i have this line:
    "hello this is a test"
    So the word test exist in words so post this line.
    Then if i have another line :
    "hello this is a test" so in dont post this line since its the same.
    But if i have a line: "hi this is a test" the word test exist but the whole line is not the same as above so post this line.
    And of course if there is a different line with a word that exist like: "my name"
    Then post this line too.

Hi Chocolade1972,
    C# forum:
    Discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.
    I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click
    HERE to participate the survey.

• How can I trace just the lines of a hand drawn sketch.

Hello everyone,
    I'm sorry its another inexperienced Ai user here.
    I have been using photoshop for a good while now but have only just started to use illustraotr and I could do with some help.
    I have a bunch of simple black and white illustations, which I want to vectorise and arrange and compile into completed picture and patterns in Illustrator.  I have tried using the image trace function of CS6 and it gives great results but I always end up with a white box behind the illustration.  I dont seem to be able to work out how to select just the outline and have a transparent background so that I can work with the differnet bits to creat a completed picture.
    Idealy i will have each individual illustraiton on a seperate layer initially as I build up a picture then I will flattern it all togehter at the end.
    Sorry if this sounds a trivial matter but any help would be greatly recived.
    H

I use sketches a bunch. I love the fact that I can draw on paper, scan my sketch, and finish it with illustrator. The first thing I do when I open up the file is lock it down and creat a new layer. Make sure the new layer is on top of the locked layer(the layer that has you sketch). I use 3 different ways of re-creating my sketch. The first is by using the shapes and shapes builder tools. Add in pathfinder here and there and depending on your design, you could complete a whole sketch with this method alone. For more complex drawings I use the pen tool, this is great for making precise shapes and building composition. One note when using the pen tool is to make sure you have a color and stroke ready when you start using the pen tool, also after you make your first click or anchor with the pen tool set the opacity to around 50%. Another option that I use is to use brushes to create the strokes, and then join or combine the strokes and use live paint or just fill them in as I go. Whichever method you use, lock down the sketch so you can't select it. Make sure that the image of your sketch has good contrast and color before you start. If you have to use Photoshop to touch it up and then bring it in to Illustrator. I also make sketches and then make the basic compsition with illustrator and progressively build the design. Just a thought for those who don't have scanners or don't want to mess with a scanning a design. Hope some of this helps.

• My computer crashed necessitating re-install of op sys and all programs including iTunes. At the iTunes store when I click a song in my library get error message "can't find, do you want to search?" What's happening? How can I listen to my library on this

My computer crashed necessitating re-install of operating sys and all programs including iTunes. When I click on a song in my library I get an error message "can't find this song, want to search?" What gives? How can I listen to songs in my library on this computer now?

It is working now. I no longer get the message about the item not being available in the US and I can access the store.

• How can I listen to music from iphone 4s via apple tv whilst doing a phone call at the same time?

How can I listen to music from iphone 4s via apple tv while doing a phone call at the same time?
    When I take a call on the iphone, iphone stops streaming the music to apple tv until I finished the call.
    thx!
    Claus
    PS: did ask the same question to apple hotline in germany. Answer: we don´t know... funny

Welcome to the Apple Community.
    As far as I know you can't, which sort of makes sense, it seems logical to pause whatever you are doing while you take a phone call, which after all is the primary function of a phone.

• I am using earphones, but the external audio of my mini ipad is still on. How can I turn off the external audio while listening with my headset?

I am using earphones, but the external audio of my mini ipad is still on. How can I turn off the external audio while listening with my headset/earphones?

Other than iMovie, GB always incorporates the audio files into the GB package. So just save or move the GB project to the external drive, and you're done - anything you import, edit or record will be saved to the external drive.

• How can i use in the same time input line and mic to recorder in several track whit SONAR

I have beem recording only input line because SONAR 4 not recognized the mic in, Help me!!!.
    Thank you. Sorry for my english

LIMACAR wrote:
    How can i use in the same time input line and mic to recorder in several track whit SONAR 4. I have beem recording only input line because SONAR 4 not recognized the mic in, Help me!!!.
    Thank you. Sorry for my english
    Depending on which soundcard you have there, but if your card is capable for
    ASIO -> activate I/O drivers on Sonar/Options/Audio/Drivers -tab (mic/line sources should be listed there --> activate) and select the mic or/and Line sources on tracks "I" - dialog
    WDM/KS -> use the Surround Mixer or windows recording controls for recording source selection (mic should be listed there)
    MME32 - > same w/ WDM/KS
    If you use Asio4All --> same w/ WDM/KS & MME32
    No mic and line source simultaenously w/ WDM/KS and MME32.
    You perhaps be able to do this w/ kX drivers.
    jutapa
    ADDED:
    You can also install modded version of Audigy 2 drivers/software but I have never done this w/ Li've! 5. so I can't be sure if you get ASIO support for your card.
    Here are the instruction --> http://www.tech-pc.co.uk/audigy-2.php
    jutapaMessage Edited by jutapa on 05-25-2006 02:48 PM

• How can I find out the number of lines in a text file?

How can I find out the number of lines in a text file?

java.io.BufferedReader in = new java.io.BufferedReader( new java.io.FileReader( "YourFile.txt" ) );
    int lineCount = 0;
    while( in.readLine() != null )
    lineCount ++;
    System.out.println( "Line Count = " + lineCount );

• How can I input read a line from a file and output it into the screen?

How can I input read a line from a file and output it into the screen?
    If I have a file contains html code and I only want the URL, for example, www24.brinkster.com how can I read that into the buffer and write the output into the screen that using Java?
    Any help will be appreciate!
    ======START FILE default.html ========
    <html>
    <body>
    <br><br>
    <center>
    <font size=4 face=arial color=#336699>
    <b>Welcome to a DerekTran's Website!</b><br>
    Underconstructions.... <br>
    </font> </center>
    <font size=3 face=arial color=black> <br>
    Hello,<br>
    <br>
    I've been using the PWS to run the website on NT workstation 4.0. It was working
    fine. <br>
    The URL should be as below: <br>
    http://127.0.0.1/index.htm or http://localhost/index.htm
    <p>And suddently, it stops working, it can't find the connection. I tried to figure
    out what's going on, but still <font color="#FF0000">NO CLUES</font>. Does anyone
    know what's going on? Please see the link for more.... I believe that I setup
    everything correctly and the bugs still flying in the server.... <br>
    Thank you for your help.</P>
    </font>
    <p><font size=3 face=arial color=black>PeerWebServer.doc
    <br>
    <p><font size=3 face=arial color=black>CannotFindServer.doc
    <br>
    <p><font size=3 face=arial color=black>HOSTS file is not found
    <br>
    <p><font size=3 face=arial color=black>LMHOSTS file
    <br>
    <p><font size=3 face=arial color=black>How to Setup PWS on NT
    <BR>
    <p><font size=3 face=arial color=black>Issdmin doc</BR>
    Please be patient while the document is download....</font>
    <font size=3 face=arial color=black><br>If you have any ideas please drop me a
    few words at [email protected] </font><br>
    <br>
    <br>
    </p>
    <p><!--#include file="Hits.asp"--> </p>
    </body>
    </html>
    ========= END OF FILE ===============

Hi!
    This is a possible solution to your problem.
    import java.io.*;
    class AddressExtractor {
         public static void main(String args[]) throws IOException{
              //retrieve the commandline parameters
              String fileName = "default.html";
              if (args.length != 0)      fileName =args[0];
               else {
                   System.out.println("Usage : java AddressExtractor <htmlfile>");
                   System.exit(0);
              BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(new File(fileName)));
              StreamTokenizer st = new StreamTokenizer(in);
              st.lowerCaseMode(true);
              st.wordChars('/','/'); //include '/' chars as part of token
              st.wordChars(':',':'); //include ':' chars as part of token
              st.quoteChar('\"'); //set the " quote char
              int i;
              while (st.ttype != StreamTokenizer.TT_EOF) {
                   i = st.nextToken();
                   if (st.ttype == StreamTokenizer.TT_WORD) {          
                        if (st.sval.equals("href")) {               
                             i = st.nextToken(); //the next token (assumed) is the  '=' sign
                             i = st.nextToken(); //then after it is the href value.               
                             getURL(st.sval); //retrieve address
              in.close();
         static void getURL(String s) {     
              //Check string if it has http:// and truncate if it does
              if (s.indexOf("http://") >  -1) {
                   s = s.substring(s.indexOf("http://") + 7, s.length());
              //check if not mailto: do not print otherwise
              if (s.indexOf("mailto:") != -1) return;
              //printout anything after http:// and the next '/'
              //if no '/' then print all
                   if (s.indexOf('/') > -1) {
                        System.out.println(s.substring(0, s.indexOf('/')));
                   } else System.out.println(s);
    }Hope this helps. I used static methods instead of encapsulating everyting into a class.

Maybe you are looking for

• Burning CD's and DVD's with Titles

How do I burn CD's or DVD's with titles so they're visible on TV playback slideshow?

• Persistent spinning gears after factory reset. Tri...

Hi, I factory reset my phone today through the settings menu. I was having a minor problem after installing the most recent update last night and decided reluctantly that a hard reset might iron out the problems, though I wasn't looking forward to re

• Registering Purchase information in SAP

Hi All, I was working out on a scenario. I want to know what is the transaction code for registering purchase information in SAP system. And when a new purchase information is registered is there a standard program available which will generate repor

• MDX in logic script

Dear All, How can I use MDX in logic scripts? For example, I would like to use the function IIF(...), but the system doesn't want to recognise it as a valid keyword. Even if I nest it in a REC statement as an expression, it doesnt work. Do you have a

• Estimation/Indication of Database Crash

OS Information:Any version OS Information:Windows and/or Linux Estimation/Indication of Database Crash Hello, Its an open question that can you tell me the errors/warnings (at least 3) which are exists in alert log at present, whose meaning is that y