How Come I Only 65.6 GB Free Space and 156 GB Already?: Thinkpad T410

I defraged my computer, removed temporary files, and deleted many files but still only have 65.6 GB Free Space. I'm careful on which websites I use, I use Google safe search and go on anti virus protection approved websites.
I checked my C drive and programs folder has 5.51 GB and Windows folder 27.9 GB. Every other folder in the C drive has much smaller size in KB.
My dad bought my Thinkpad T410 and I always assumed that having around 60 GB Free was normal since he installed programs for me. But I was a little bit sketchy that there was only 60 GB free, but assumed it was normal because of the program files my dad installed. But I realized the program files are too small to take up very much space. I had this labptop for less than two years and had to use my warranty several times for dragging arrow  (replaced keyboard) and replace fan multipe times.
How Come I Only 65.6 GB Free Space and 156 GB Already?: Thinkpad T410

Ok.
Not too much there to get excited about.
Do you happen to know how much space is allocated to system restore points? You may have a big allocation that is full if you've been running the machine without cleanup for 2 years. I'm not in front of my pc at this moment, so I can't give the exact steps to check. Bear with me and I'll be back a bit later. In the interim, someone might jump in to continue.
If you're running Firefox, another thing to check is the amount of the cache allocation.
Cheers.
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
I am not a Lenovo employee.

Similar Messages

• How come every time i'm on the phone and another call enters I answer it but it doesnt tell me anywhere who is who on each line so i can go back and forth?? it only says multiple calls and i cant hang up the other line

how come every time i'm on the phone and another call enters I answer it but it doesnt tell me anywhere who is who on each line so i can go back and forth?? it only says multiple calls and i cant hang up the other line.

My carrier is Sprint. But I actually have checked with others and theirs work fine.

• How come my macbook air has so little space. I deleted everything that I don't need and everything that has the most space I'm told NOT to delete. Everything I find is in either KB or very low MB.

How come my macbook air has so little space. I deleted everything that I don't need and everything that has the most space I'm told NOT to delete. Everything I find is in either KB or very low MB.

Check what is in your SSD/ storage on your macbook  Apple Icon >   about this mac > more info >  STORAGE tab on top
    recommend handy useful APPS such as :
    Disk Expert
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disk-expert/id488920185?mt=12
    Disk Map
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disk-map/id715464874?mt=12
    dont need them, but theyre very useful.
    also the best is DAISY DISK
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/daisydisk/id411643860?mt=12&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
    See here for answer about the OTHER which is taking up space:
    http://pondini.org/TM/30.html
    and here:
    http://pondini.org/OSX/DiskSpace.html
    See Kappys excellent note on the rest of “other” files taking up your space:
    What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?
    see here:
    Your Solid State Drive and having enough space inside your Macbook Air & Pro
    Solid State Drive usage premise, or the “more space / upgrade SSD” question
    There have been questions posed and positions taken by many people who are trying to use their Macbook Air or Pro’s solid state drive (SSD) as a mass media storage device, for either pictures, videos, massive music collections or all three combined; but this should not be the working premise of a ‘limited’ SSD and its use.
    In which, it’s the case of those users with either 128GB, 256GB, or even 512GB of internal SSD space, that have or are running “out of space”, that questions are raised. The immediate premise of some users can sometimes be “(how to / if) upgrading my SSD” when in fact in nearly all instances another approach is the logical and sensible one that needs to be looked into and exercised.
    Any Macbook containing a SSD should be idealized as a ‘working platform’ notebook containing all your applications, documents, and weekly or bi-weekly necessary files. All collections of media files such as pictures, music, and videos, unless directly needed should be kept off the notebook and on an external hard drive or likewise. While the ‘working platform’ premise is also the case with larger internal conventional hard drives of 1TB+, its implementation isn't as critical except in terms of data protection.
    Realistically, you should at most coordinate roughly 20 to 25% of your total SSD space to all audio-video personal use media (picture / music / video collections), leaving the remaining amount on an external HD.
    Nobody should consider any notebook a data storage device at any time under any circumstance, rather a data creation, sending, and manipulation device; and in the case of a SSD, this is more important for purposes of having sufficient working space on the SSD and reducing SSD ‘bloat’ in which cases someone is wrongly attempting to use the SSD space as a large media storage nexus.
    The rare exception to the collective usage and premise of SSD use in which a much larger SSD is truly needed are for those in video and photography professions that require both the extremely fast speeds of the SSD and the onboard storage for large and or many video and photography files. However this also falls under the premise of a ‘working platform’ for such peoples rather than the intent of many who are using the SSD as passive and static data storage for media files very infrequently needed or accessed.
    All on-notebook data collections should be logically approached as to necessity, and evaluated as to whether it is active or passive data that likely doesn’t need to be on the notebook, allocations of space-percentages to as-needed work and use, apportioning space for your entertainment media, and questioning whether it should it be on the notebook for more than short-term consumption.
    Considerations should be made in the mind of any user in differentiating the necessary system data (System hub) comprising the Mac OSX, applications, necessary documents that both must and should be on your internal SSD, and that of the users personal data (Data hub) comprising created files, pictures, music, videos, PDF files, data created or being created and otherwise, that likely unless being used soon or often should be parked on an external hard drive for consumption, or temporarily loading onto the internal SSD.
    You both can and should purchase whichever SSD size you need or see fit, but even in the case of the largest of SSD, unless use-considerations are made, and SSD spaces are allocated as should be the case indicated above, one can easily and immediately run into this quandary of “needing more internal SSD space”, in which instance a different approach in usage must then be implemented.
    However it is almost always the case, that such large media files are wanted to be stored internally rather than actually needed, in which case the external HD is both prudent as well as necessary. Additionally costs per MB are infinitely less on an external HD than an internal SSD in any consideration of data expansion needs.
    A Professional Example
    In the case of a Macbook Air or Macbook Pro Retina with ‘limited’ storage on the SSD, this distinction becomes more important in that in an ever rapidly increasing file-size world, you keep vital large media files, pics, video, PDF collections, music off your SSD and archived on external storage, for sake of the necessary room for your system to have free space to operate, store future applications and general workspace. 
    You should also never be put in the position of considering “deleting things” on your Macbook SSD in order to ‘make space’. This is especially what your external HD is for.
    Professionals who create and import very large amounts of data have almost no change in the available space on their notebooks internal SSD because they are constantly archiving data to arrays of external or networked HD.
    Or in the case of the consumer this means you keep folders for large imported or created data and you ritually offload and archive this data for safekeeping, not only to safeguard the data in case your Macbook has a SSD crash, or gets stolen, but importantly in keeping the ‘breathing room’ open for your notebook to operate, expand, create files, add applications, for your APPS to create temp files, and for general operation.
    Slim USB3 1TB external hard drive
    External Hard Drives
    External hard drives are both extremely cheap and regardless of the size of your internal SSD (or even internal hard drive if the case), you need an external hard drive with your SSD equipped Macbook for several reasons:
    1. Data backup and protection.
    2. Redundancy for important data.
    3. Necessitated ideal space for large media files for collections of pictures, videos, and music etc.
    While ever changing in price, typical portable 2.5” external hard drives in USB3 run roughly $65 for 1TB or $120 for 2TB small portable USB3 hard drives. Such drives range in thickness between 5mm and 15mm, with recent improvements in storage of 500GB drives in 5mm profiles.
    There is almost no premise in which a small 12mm thick 1 Terabyte USB hard drive cannot be taken along with any Macbook as an external large storage extension inside any Macbook carry case or pouch. Typically such external HD profiles are not much bigger than a deck of cards.
    External hard drives are a foregone necessity for purchase with any Macbook for at the very least Time Machine backups, data redundancies, and ideally for large media storage.

• How come I can't put music on my ipod? I already have a fair amount of music on my ipod but I have enough space for more. I am using a new computer with itunes and it is telling me if I wasnt to put the new music on my ipd i need to erase my ipod HELP!

How come I can't put music on my ipod? I already have a fair amount of music on my ipod but I have enough space for more. I am using a new computer with itunes and it is telling me if I wasnt to put the new music on my ipd i need to erase my ipod HELP!

Because you can only synce with one iTunes library and you are switching libries by using the new computer. To nake this yyour syncing computer:
    - Move all the media(apps, music, synced video and photos etc) to the new computer.
    - Connect the iPofd yo the computer and bake a backup fo the iPod by right clicking on the iPod under Devices in iTunes and select Back Up
    - Restore the iPod from that backup.
    Note that the backup that iTunes makes doe not include media.
    To move mdia to the new computer see:
    iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer
    iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

• How do I only show my inbox on email and not all the support folders

How do I only show my inbox on email and not all the support folders

There is a third-party program called Attachment Tamer that will do that for you.  In the Terminal, you can type this:
    defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes
    Also note that while Attachment Tamer does some things with the encoding that makes certain email clients display the item as an attachment, what shows up at the receiver's end is solely dependent on their email client and its settings.

• How can I get the amount of free space that is on my drive to show at the bottom of the drive in Lion.

How can I get the amount of free space that is on my drive to show at the bottom of the drive in Lion.
    This is a must feature for me and I may have to go back to Snow Leopard.
    Please help!

Right click on your desktop and choose "viewer options". Adjust the spacing and the size of your icons and you should be able to see the size of your drive(s) and the free space available on each drive with the exception of your bootcamp drive which will only show the overall size of the drive you have it on.  This may be different if you only have one system drive (like on a Mac Book Pro) with a partition containing bootcamp on it. this may only show you the overall capacity, I can't say for sure though as I only use a Mac Pro with 4 seperate Hard Drives which are showing both overall capacity and free space available. Hope this helps
    Denisimo

• How to monitor DFS shares disk usage/free space?

How to monitor DFS shares disk usage/free space?
    Using Netapp filer shares to which DFS points. Looking for powershell script to send report.

Hi,
    How about using Disk Quota function in FSRM (File Server Resource Manager)?
    Please see:
    Quota Management
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755917(v=ws.10).aspx
    In your case you can setup a soft quota with a specific size so that when it runs out of space you set, you will get an email or warning according to your setup. 
    If you have any feedback on our support, please send to [email protected]

• How come when I clicked on something to buy and then I pressed canceland apple still charged me

How come when I clicked on something to buy and then I pressed cancel and apple still charged me and it happened twice and I really don't like it

Do they show on your purchase history ? If you log into your account on your computer's iTunes via the Store > View Account menu option, you should then see a Purchase History section with a 'see all' link to the right of it. Click on that and you should then see a list of your purchases (the most recent purchase is above the list).
    If they don't show then they may just be 'holding charges' to check that you had enough funds to pay for them - in which case they should disappear within a few days or so.
    If they do show then try the 'report a problem' page to contact iTunes Support : http://reportaproblem.apple.com
    If the 'report a problem' link doesn't work then you can try contacting iTunes support via this page : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/- click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

• How come that i am not receiving any messenger and fb push notifications? help

how come that i am not receiving any messenger and fb push notifications? help

Greetings iammay14,
    Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!
    I understand that you are not receiving notifications for some applications on your iPhone. To troubleshoot this situation, please read over the information in the attached article to ensure the notifications for these applications are set up correctly. 
    About Notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
    Not getting notifications for a specific app
    Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you’re not getting notifications for a specific app, try these steps:
    Go to Settings > Notifications to verify that the app supports notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, make sure that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled. 
    Make sure you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
    If you’ve recently installed an app or restored a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.
    Cheers,
    Joe

• How to find block free space  and PCTUSED FOR THE TABLE

HI all,
    Due to performance issues for my database , my management ask me to reset the PCTUSED and PCTFREE values , and my doubt is
    1)How to find the current PCTUSED and PCTFREE values.
    2)How to find block free space and PCTUSED FOR THE TABLE.
    Please help me out regarding this.
    Regards,
    Vamsi.

1)version is 10.2.0.4
    2)output of query
    tablespace extent_management allocation_type segment_space_management
    SYSTEM     LOCAL     SYSTEM     MANUAL
    UNDOTBS1     LOCAL     SYSTEM     MANUAL
    SYSAUX     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    TEMP     LOCAL     UNIFORM     MANUAL
    USERS     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    UNDOTBS2     LOCAL     SYSTEM     MANUAL
    INS     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    CONFTBS     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    REINS     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    ANALYST     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    BI     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    INTRFC     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    COGNOS     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    TS_INDX     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    TS_CHOLAWEB     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO
    TS_DASBOARD     LOCAL     SYSTEM     AUTO

• TS3989 how come I'm not seeing my iphone photos and videos when I og in to icloud on my PC or online? When I log in to icloud the photos icon is missing.  I have photostream and icloud activated on my iphone..

how come I'm not seeing my iphone photos and videos when Iog in to icloud on my PC or online? When I log in to icloud the photos icon is missing.  I have photostream and icloud activated on my iphone..

There is no way to view your photos via iCloud.com. Videos are not uploaded.
    Photo Stream merely "pushes" the photos to your other devices.

• How come the sight was down so long? and why does the system not send emails anymore with responses?

how come the sight was down so long? and why does the system not send emails anymore with responses?

The system is back up and fully functional. How long has it been since you stopped receiving notifications? Can you share your form with us so we can have a look into what might be going wrong?
    Andrew

• I am unable to install Lion. I have a Core 2 Duo iMac with 4GB of Ram and 120GB of free space - and no Bootcamp or other partitions - and yet repeatedly get the 'no recovery' error. Can anyone help?

I am unable to install Lion. I have a Core 2 Duo iMac with 4GB of Ram and 120GB of free space - and no Bootcamp or other partitions - and yet repeatedly get the 'no recovery' error. Can anyone help?

Run Disk Utility located in /Applications/Utilities before trying to upgrade to Lion in case the startup disk needs repairing.
    Using Disk Utility to verify or repair disks

• "OSX Maveracks cannot be installed on this computer" is the message tht I get when I try to download Maveracks. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed, 167 gb free space and 3 gb of memory. What would keep it from loading?

"OSX Mavericks cannot be installed on this computer" is the message that I receive when trying to download Maveracks. I have a late 2007 iMac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed, 167gb free space and 3 gb memory. What are reasons that it won't download?

Does your computer meet the requirements listed below?
    To install Mavericks, you need one of these Macs:
    iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
    MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later),
    MacBook Pro (15-inch or 17-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later)
    MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
    Mac mini (Early 2009 or later)
    Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
    Xserve (Early 2009)

• When I try to log and transfer I only have 35 mb left of free space and it won't allow me to add any clips to a project. How can I increase my available space to continue working. I am saving the project to an external drive with 3 terabytes available. pl

help

Direct new captures to the larger drive by setting the Scratch disc tab:
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/5612860#5612860
    If your System drive has only 35MB free space you had better do something about that.  Free up a bit of space on it.
    Al

Maybe you are looking for

• Document header text in Tcode FBl3n

hello Plz help me regarding this issue. Our fico consultants demanded to display the document header text in the tcode FBL1n,FBL3n and FBL5n So through SPRO by using this path Financial Accounting (new)->General ledger Accounting->Master Data->G/L Ac

• HELP wrong warranty expiring date!

Hi I'm Italian so I'm sorry for my English Language. I recently bought a third gen Nano ( on 31st december 2007 ) but I got a problem with the display so I contacted the online support on the apple website. while doing this I had to check my warranty

• For object RF_BELEG LT, number range interval 50 does not exist FBN1

dear all system showing this message (For object RF_BELEG LT, number range interval 50 does not exist FBN1)

• Lumia 920 Locks up after Black update

I'm using an AT&T Nokia Lumia 920. My phone had been working fine with the Amber update but as soon as I updated to Black it started hanging and acting weird. These are the symptoms: 1. If I have a device pin setup it hangs as soon as I type in the p

• How to get an out-of-control thread deleted or at least locked?

I am the original poster of a thread that has gone WAY out of control. Today, for the second time, I've asked the hosts to delete or at a minimum lock the thread. My first request was apparantly ignored, so in my second request I asked for the courte