How do I get 5.1 sound from iTunes on my computer connected to Bose T20?

I have my computer connected to a Bose T20 with an HDMI cable. I can get surround sound with movies, but not with iTunes. I only get stereo instead of 5.1.
I also have Apple TV connected to Bose and can get surround sound from iTunes when piped through Apple TV. Bose has told me to check the sound settings on my computer which I have done. The sound settings have 5.1 enabled.

Hi there,
You may find the article below helpful.
Setting up iTunes and DVD Player for digital surround sound
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4072
-Griff W.

Similar Messages

• My computer broke down and now i bought a new  Mac,  how can i get my music back from iTunes??

my computer broke down and now i bought a new  Mac,  how can i get my music back from iTunes??

Unless you subscribe to iTunes Match , Apple does not keep a backup of your iTunes library.  Even then it is not the library as it exists on your computer, but some version of the media, and only media files, not playlists.  Even then not all media are definitely available since anything removed from the iTunes Store since you purchased it is not available for re-download.
    FAQ: Why iTunes Match Can Not Be Used as a Backup - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4112
    Using Match as a backup for iTunes - https://discussions.apple.com/message/17039436#17039436
    In your case it sounds like you will have to obtain non iTunes purchases from their original source or a backup you may have made at some time in the past.

• How do I get my purchased movies from iTunes to show in my Library without storing all the GBs on my hard drive?  [I want to show the Cloud Purchases.]

Hey Hey! 
    Running OSX 10.9.4 and iTunes 11.3
    I am pretty sure that this has been addressed somewhere, but I could not find it - so thanks up front!!!
    How do I get my purchased movies from iTunes to show in my iTunes Library without storing all the GBs on my hard drive?  I want to show the Cloud Purchases without having hundreds of GBs taking up my HD space. 
    Thanks!

Deborah,
    You cannot import contacts from your Nano to your PC via iTunes.  The syncing process is only one way.  However, if you enable disk mode on your iPod, open it up in a Windows Explorer window, you should see a Contacts folder.  From there you can copy them back over to your PC. 
    Even though this article is talking about adding contacts to the PC, it should walk you through some of the steps mentioned above.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2419?viewlocale=en_US
    B-rock

• How can i get artwork to sync from itunes to ipod touch- for my home movies

How can i get artwork to sync from itunes to ipod touch for my home movies ?
    The artwork is there in itunes ,but when i sync to my ipod ,the artwork dose not go with ,all that is there is a gray house box !

Read the PDF user manual for a possible solution:  iPod Manuals, search through Apple's Knowledge Base for support Articles and/or iPod Nano Support 

• How do I get my music library from icloud to my computer so I can synch to my new iPod?

How do I get my music library from icloud to my computer so I can synch to my new iPod?  I can't seem to find help support to answer this question.

Copy the media from the old computer to the new computer.
    iDevices are not and have never been backup devices.

• HT204266 how do I get a purchase refund from itunes?

How do I get a purchase refund from itunes?

All sales are final.
    You can try contacting itunes support and asking for an exception.
    Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us

• How do I permanently delete music files from itunes AND my  computer (without going to the folder to delete each item)? It's a windows system. I've tried 'reset all dialogue warnings' as I've been told to do but no luck. Files are still in Itunes folders.

How do I permanently delete music files from itunes AND my  computer (without going to the folder to delete each item)? It's a windows system. I've tried 'reset all dialogue warnings' as I've been told to do but no luck. Files are still in Itunes folders. I would really appreciate help!

Solved! Music was in Itunes folder but not in Media folder within that. It doesn't seem like a very user friendly system so far!

• How do i get my music off my itunes on my computer and onto my iphone

how do i get my music off my itunes on my computer and onto my iphone

Perhaps you should look at the manual:
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf
    Open itunes.  plug in iphone.  go to music tab.  select what you like.  sync.

• HT2534 I was charged for songs on my credit card but I had an iTunes card and they deducted from that too so I was double charged .  How do I get my money back from iTunes

I was charged for some songs that I purchased but I had an iTunes card and they deducted that too how do I get my money back from itunes

Go here:
    http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/
    and follow the instructions to report the issue to the iTunes Store.
    Regards.

• Had to replace my hard drive how do i get my music back from itunes

i had to replace my hard drive how do i get my music back from itunes

Restore the media and other important files from the backup of the computer.

• Sync occurs only from computer to ipod. How do I get it to sync from ipod to my computer calendar?

My Ipod is only syncing from my computer calendar to my ipod.  How do I get it to sync from my ipod to my desktop calendar?

I don't use Outlook, but manybe this article will help http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1418

• How can i get the best sound from my electric guitar?

Hello,
    I'm new to the Apple forums. I have come seeking some knowledge about how I can make my guitar sound really good like a metal/rock sound while at the same time not sounding unnaturally distorted but clean.
    I have a Macbook Air with a Griffin iMic. I have tried some of built in presets for metal/rock but they are either too noisy (background hiss) or they arn't rock like enough. I like the metal ones but they have too much hiss and it ruins my recordings (sounds like a jumbled mess in the end...)
    I'm not only new to the forums, but i'm also new to electric guitar and peddles. I'm certainly not new to guitar itself though, been playing for 7 years. What I really seek is what kind of settings I can have like a combination of the best amp model + pedals along with settings or effects to apply to it.
    Thanks in advance, I hope i provided enough info.
    Kris

Linkandzelda wrote:
    I have a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter which i plug directly into the iMic. So theres no preamp involved, yet.
    You can by pass the iMic by using the same adaptor and plugging straight into the Line in on your mac. Try it and see if there is a difference in your sound.
    Regarding settings, I was able to develop one which has minimal noise levels but also some distortion. I will defiantly experiment more...
    Yeah, the key is to start with as clean a sound as possible and then add in little bits. Start adding with a Chorus effect first, then maybe a slight delay. Try all of your setting with both strumming and picking, both fast and slow, as you often have to match your playing technique with how the effects are set up. Then add Fuzz/Distortion etc. Once you have done that then reverse the set up sequence by starting with the major signal modifiers like Distortion etc and add the chorus, flanger, phasers after. These sorts of strategies can change the way things sound. Don't forget a bit of reverb.
    The key is to start simple with mild alterations. Also, find a few guitar sounds you like from your favorite songs where you can hear good clear guitar sounds. Maybe create a playlist in iTunes and use these as a reference to compare between what you like and what you are creating. This A-B'ing will go along way to helping you develop your 'taste'. Its great to hear things side by side.
    Goggle each of the guitar effects and learn what they do, make a few simple notes as a reference. Basically educate yourself.
    and invest in a M-Audio Fast track 2 as i suspect the griffin is causing the noise.
    Personally I would recommend something a bit better than the M-Audio Fast Track USB. The quality of your recorded sound is dependent on the sound converters in your external devices. I am not sure there is any advantage over your built in sound card verses the Fast Track. There are other things to consider with sound cards so it pays to do some planning and research.

• How can I get an HD movie from iTunes store to play on original iPad

I recently purchased an HD movie--Brave--from the iTunes store.  I'm trying to play on my original iPad (iPad 1), but iTunes refuses to synch it because it says it is an unsupported format.  The movie is in 1080p format.  I typically get both HD and SD formats when I purchase movies, but iTunes no longer downloads the SD version automatically when I purchase the HD version.  I attempted to get an SD version from the store, but it said I already purchased the movie and instructed me to check the downloads.  There is no SD download pending and a check for new downloads was fruitless.
    Can someone confirm that the original iPad is unable to play HD video?  I imagine it is the 1080p that's the problem.  Can anyone confirm that 720p would work?  Is there no longer a means to get both HD and SD when purchasing a movie from the iTunes store?  If there is, how?
    Thanks for your help.
    Jamie

You can get the SD or 720p version by:
    Open iTunes 11
    Click iTunes in menu bar > select Preferences...
    Click on the Store tab
    Change When downloading High Definition videos, prefer dropdown to 720p > click OK
    Click on the iTunes Store button
    Click Purchased link
    Click Movies tab
    You should now see a download icon for the movies you already have 1080p version of.
    Click on this download icon to download the 720p version.
    This will put a 720p version in the same folder on your hard drive as the 1080p version.  If you have iTunes setup to play 1080p when available, it will play the 1080p version.  When you connect your iPad 1, it will sync the 720p version.
    Don't forget to change your preference back to 1080p so you can continue to get the higher quality version.

• How do you get your money back from iTunes?

I bought an album off of iTunes yesterday (Jason & deMarco, "Till The End of Time" and it was just beautiful so I went back today to buy an earlier album they offered called "Spirit Pop". EVERY song skips and is marred in some way, halting, as though there is a scratch on the record - but it is digital!!!
    I am so angry. I wasn't sure if it was me or the songs so I went back to iTunes and bought a single song from the album and got the same thing!
    So how do I complain to iTunes? I want my money back or an album that doesn't skip. When I go to iTunes they have no complaint department or area to write to Apple to ask for help!
    I won't buy from iTunes again unless I can get quality recordings.
    Lisa

Click here and fill out the form for assistance. You will probably get song credits instead of a refund.
    (32104)

• How can I get music (not purchased from iTunes) and photos from my iPad onto my MacBook?

I just recently had my hard drive replaced and lost all of my music and photos from it. I have all of my music and photos backed up onto my iPad and iPhone via iCloud.
    I was able to download all of my purchased music from iTunes, back onto my MacBook. The problem is, how do I get the other music and photos from my iPad, back onto my MacBook?

Is there any possible way to backup music that I did not purchase from iTunes on to iCloud?
    No.
    ... if I happened to break my iPad, or if something happened to my Laptop.
    If you like your music library, back up your laptop.
    If you lose or break your iPad, you can sync your iTunes music library to a brand new one. You will lose nothing.
    If you lose your laptop, or it crashes, or becomes virus-infested, you can restore your iTunes music library from your backup. You will lose nothing. Without a backup though, your music resides only on the iPad, and extracting it will require the assistance of third party (paid) utilities. Worse, there is no guarantee they will continue to function after some future iOS upgrade, since the iPad is not designed to work that way.
    There are dozens of questions every day from people who lost their iTunes music when their laptop crashed. Your laptop will crash - it's only a question of when.

Maybe you are looking for

• PDF documents are not opening What Can I do Please send a solution

Dear Sir/Mam, I am student from India. Most of the Educational Website posting their material PDF format. While using your browser I could not able to read it. The Error message was showing as follows; Could not launch Adobe reader What can I do. But

• Flash 8 crashes on startup

Ok, I'm pulling my hair out here. I downloaded and installed Studio 8 Pro. (Upgrading from MX'04). Everything in the suite works ok, except Flash. When Flash goes to load it gets to "loading fonts" and inevitably crashes. Any suggestions. I've uninst

• How does one make CC the default out of ACR rather than CC 2014?

I installed the updates for PS CC and PS CC 2014.  Now, when opening a file out of ACR, it defaults to CC 2014.  How does one set things so that it opens in CC rather than CC 2014?

• How many JRE versions necessary?

Hello! Although, I did some programming 2 years ago, I recently have not done any programming at all. However, my "Java Update" program keeps downloading a new JRE every other month. So now I have plenty of JRE's: jre1.5.0_03 jre1.5.0_06 jre1.5.0_09

• Loading sql client oci.dll failed

I am trying to install SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.70 on Windows Server 2000, database Oralce 9.2 and I want to install entire SAP system in 1 Computer. I have been installed Oracle 9.2 and SAP's center service successfully. But when i install SAP's databas