How do you date and time stamp pictures and videos using a EOS Rebel T3?

I am needing to utilize date and time stamping on videos and photos in my work.  The pictures and videos must display time, a date, and reference number.  I have gone through the cd, owner's manuel and software manuel and I am unclear if I can perform this function. 

While this is a relatively common feature on point & shoot cameras -- where the photo is thought of as a snapshot to document a memory in a person's life, among DSLR cameras it's not very common (I don't actually know of a DSLR that does this though I don't doubt that it may exist).  DSLR users are usually expecting a higher quality image -- so now the image is thought of more like art and less like a snapshot and the date/time in the corner distracts from the image.  Also they tend to be more advanced users who would be able to modify the image themselves so they have little need for such a feature.
The camera does record the date & time... but it's in the EXIF data (information recorded into the image file but not displayed).  
SO... there are programs that will just do this.  You'll need to do a search (I found several but have never tried one so I can't vouch for them).  I think there are Photoshop plug-ins that do this (assuming you have Photoshop). These programs allow you to define the info you want printed (including EXIF data such as date/time) and you get to pick the location, font, size, color, etc. and ultimately the location on the image where you'd like the info displayed.  They then add the info visibly onto the image for you and most support "batch" use (e.g. drop a whole folder of images on it and they'll do them all.)
Tim Campbell
5D II, 5D III, 60Da

Similar Messages

• How do you create a still image from a video using IMovies 11?

How do you create a still image from a video using IMovies 11 on a Pro Mac?

The simplest way is to do a simple screen capture.  

• How do you make a time stamp update?

Hi, thanks in advance...
    I am programming an interface to a scale... it retrieves a weight, time stamps it, enters a comment, then sends this string to a spreadsheet.
    My problem: the time stamp never updates unless I right click it > select "data operations" > select "set time to now". Then it's stuck there and never updates while the program is running. It just keeps on stamping 8:15 (or whatever time it is updated to) all day long.
    Am I using the wrong VI here or is there something else I have to select to get it to work?
    Thanks a million...
    Adam Stagnaro
    Abaxis Inc

Try using the 'Get Date/Time String' or 'Get Date/Time Seconds' vi to obtain your timestamp. Which one you use depends on how you wish to format your timestamp. Im not sure which vi you are currently using, but it looks to me like you are either using a timestamp constant (which wont update in your loop) or control (which you need to manually update from the front panel).
    Hope this helps.

• How do you determine the time stamp or pointer in an Event?

Perhaps I want to tell someone to check the specific point in an event, like 22:08 into the event or from marker 1234 to 5678.  What markers does iMovie use?
    Maybe I have 20 favorite clips in an Event and I want to reference a specific one. 
    When playing back a YouTube video I can say, Go to the 2:38 mark.   With an event, what time stamp can I reference?

Event clips have a time code based on the time of day you shot the clip. Clips are listed in the event in chronological order. So you you want to point somebody to the action that tool place on March 23 at 10:03:45, you can.
    Click VIEW/Playhead Info. Now as you skim your mouse over the event clips, you will see the date and time info.
    This works on clips shot by a digital camera. If you have clips shot by older analog cameras like VHS or 8MM, you need to take some additional steps. Let me know if you need this.

• I am having trouble reading a time stamp on a video using OCR

I am trying to read a time stamp that is overlaid on a video, using OCR software, but it will not read it correctly I've tried the OCR Preproccessing and Recognition Config VI's and neither have been able to correct to problem I would appreciate some help

In my experience, it is very important that the contrast not only be
    very good but also that the characters can be easily distinguished
    from the background and that the characters are generally repeatable
    and unique. I've had problems with characters "smearing" into the
    background so that the OCR can't tell where the background ends and
    the character begins.
    Beyond the standard NI OCR stuff, you can use a database to map
    incorrect whole words to correct whole ones in OCR but this only works
    when there is a set of unique words that are significantly different
    from each other. It doesn't work on numbers since any number is
    generally as likely as any other.
    It may be worthwhile to invest in higher quality acquisition equipment
    to improve the image quality. If your video source itself is poor
    quality, then it won't matter though.
    Douglas De Clue
    [email protected]
    nestor wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Ernest,
    >
    > As "labviewguru" mentioned a screenshot will help a lot to determine
    > if the problem is the image quality. However if you can't post this
    > image then please review the following links I'm attaching here. They
    > talk about OCR and most important, about Filtering, which is mostly
    > used in Vision for image enhancement, noise reduction, sharpen an
    > image, etc. Please review the links mentioned below and apply some
    > filtering techniques to your image. This may help a lot, personally
    > I've used OCR software and I have required in most cases to apply
    > filtering before running the OCR functions.
    >
    >
    > href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/E69D110920B99E838625685E0081B881?opendocumen...
    >
    > href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/605B55C3100D02188625685E0076C928?opendo...
    >
    > href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/E28E087D201C1AD48625685E00824E3C?opendo...
    >
    > Here at the Developer Zone, inside the Development Library you will
    > find in the Vision chapter a lot of information that will be helpful
    > for your development. Please review it. In case you require further
    > assistance you can keep posting questions here at the Discussion Forum
    > or give us a call/email (www.ni.com/ask).
    >
    > Good luck!
    >
    > Nestor Sanchez
    > IMAQ/Motion Support
    > National Instruments

• S10 - How do you turn on webcam for pictures and video?

I hit the fn  and camera button, I see a camera icon on bottom right but nothing happens? 
    Also in the fast bootup section before Windows the mouse is very fast, any way to slow that down, I think its the linux boot up. 
    Thanks for the help 

Hi, that Fn+ESC is only a powerswitch for webcam function....
    no special program is delivered by lenovo... but  
    U can use this EasyCapture Program http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownlo​ads/drivers_show_931.html
    or webcam works in start-->preferences-->systempreferences-->scanner & cams ...
    or in most messenger programs u can choose the cam ...
    question number 2 ... in quickstart ... (that is a little linux , hidden folders on windows partition) not all touchpad functions are implemented...since the first version....download and install the latest version here.. http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownlo​ads/drivers_show_1265.html
    sincerely KalvinKlein
    Thinkies 2x X200s/X301 8GB 256GB SSD @ Win 7 64
    Ideas Centre A520 ,Yoga 2 256GB SSD,Yoga 2 tablet @ Win 8.1

• How to add a time stamp to a video edited in Photoshop CC?

Hello fine ppl of Adobe communities.
    I was wondering how can you add a time stamp to a video when edited in PS CC, is it possible at all? I dont have premier but I do have PS and LR.
    Appreciate any help.
    thanks

If you use File > Place Embedded, you'll be able to resize and place (move, rotate, etc.) images as appropriate in your open document with the added bonus of having them added as Smart Objects. (Note that using Smart Objects can greatly increase the file size of your document. Just be aware.)
    File > Place Embedded > resize and place (hold down Shift to constrain proportion as you resize) > confirm by clicking the checkmark or "commit" icon.
    For layers that already exist, right-click the layer in the Layers panel > Convert to Smart Object.

• After loading Lion I cannot open some pictures. I get Unsupported Image Format. It tells me picture was taken with Canon EOS Rebel with unknown lens

After loading Lion I cannot open open some pictures in Aperture. I get Unsupported Image Format, all files even the ones I can open are .JPG. Also it tells me picture was made using Canon EOS Rebel with unknown lens.

You mention that 'most' of your files are DNG. Try
    running the effected files through Adobe DNG
    converter again and then import your reprocessed
    files to Aperture and see if the problem persists.
    I had a problem with a batch of D2x files converted
    to DNG which had been metadata tagged by
    PhotoMechanic (the evil app).
    B.T.W. You mention that you had been using Bridge.
    Are you getting any of the embedded XMP metadata
    coming into Aperture during the import process?
    Already tried that multiple times...no luck. I'm wondering though if it might be related to metadata as you suggest. I'm still trying different things to see what happens.
    I was able to alleviate the problem on one set of images by painstakingly searching my external drive for the oldest backups I could find - CR2 files from before DNG conversion. I then ran those through DNG Converter and tried importing them again (this time, I embedded NO thumbnail, but I'm not sure if that made the difference - I think it was more likely a fluke in the original conversion that caused the problem). This time, it worked.
    Now, the big problem is that I still have a couple hundred images for which I can't seem to locate the original CR2 files. I don't typically keep them after conversion, as I don't have the space for both.

• How do you edit out the date and time stamp from a photo

How do you edit out the date and time stamp from a photo

You can blur it out with retouch
    The built-in "Retouch" brush in "Edit" mode should suffice, if the background is mostly uniform, and if you set the size of the brush to slightly wider than the bar width of the letters. For example, in this picture I removed the year from the date (in the lower right corner) by using the "retouch" brush and following the contours of the letters. (the screen shot is from iPhoto '11, but iPhoto 9 should give similar results).
    Regards
    Léonie

• How do I find the date and time stamp on pictures?

How do I find the date and time stamp for my pictures?

The Photos app will not do this but other apps will. iPhoto has an icon that when tapped with the photo open will show the EXIF information you are looking for. iPhoto is not free but you can purchase it in the App Store.
    There may be other photo apps that provide this information as well.
    PhotoForge2 will show the EXIF data as well as the GPS data if it is available.

• How do you date and time stamp iCal entries?  We share an event calendar and need to know when a new event was entered into iCal.

How do you date and time stamp iCal entries?  We share an event calendar and need to know when a new event was entered into iCal.

BKBK,
    Thank you for your response. That does adequately cover the
    client-originated sessions, but still leaves the ability I am
    looking for unavailable.
    It did serve to definitively answer my most pressing
    question, however, with this statement:
    Note: ColdFusion cannot create a session if an initiator
    application uses a SendGatewayMessage method to start an
    interaction with a client, such as an SMS user. In this case, the
    sending code must keep track (for example, in a database) of the
    messages it sends and their destinations. When a response event
    arrives, it can look up the origniatorID to determine whether it
    was in response to an outgoing message.
    I will play around with the Application scope to see if there
    might be a workable solution there.
    RLS

• How to get the most current file based on date and time stamp using SSIS?

Hello,
    Let us assume that files get copied in a specific directory. We need to pick up a file and load data. Can you guys let me know how to get the most current file based on date and time stamp using SSIS?
    Thanks
    thx regards dinesh vv

hi simon
    i excuted this script it is giving error..
       Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Script Task
       Write scripts using Microsoft Visual C# 2008.
       The ScriptMain is the entry point class of the script.
    using System;
    using System.Data;
    using Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime;
    using System.Windows.Forms;
    namespace ST_9a6d985a04b249c2addd766b58fee890.csproj
        [System.AddIn.AddIn("ScriptMain", Version = "1.0", Publisher = "", Description = "")]
        public partial class ScriptMain : Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ScriptTask.VSTARTScriptObjectModelBase
            #region VSTA generated code
            enum ScriptResults
                Success = Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DTSExecResult.Success,
                Failure = Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DTSExecResult.Failure
            #endregion
            The execution engine calls this method when the task executes.
            To access the object model, use the Dts property. Connections, variables, events,
            and logging features are available as members of the Dts property as shown in the following examples.
            To reference a variable, call Dts.Variables["MyCaseSensitiveVariableName"].Value;
            To post a log entry, call Dts.Log("This is my log text", 999, null);
            To fire an event, call Dts.Events.FireInformation(99, "test", "hit the help message", "", 0, true);
            To use the connections collection use something like the following:
            ConnectionManager cm = Dts.Connections.Add("OLEDB");
            cm.ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=AdventureWorks;Provider=SQLNCLI10;Integrated Security=SSPI;Auto Translate=False;";
            Before returning from this method, set the value of Dts.TaskResult to indicate success or failure.
            To open Help, press F1.
            public void Main()
                string file = Dts.Variables["User::FolderName"].Value.ToString();
                string[] files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(Dts.Variables["User::FolderName"].Value.ToString());
                System.IO.FileInfo finf;
                DateTime currentDate = new DateTime();
                string lastFile = string.Empty;
                foreach (string f in files)
                    finf = new System.IO.FileInfo(f);
                    if (finf.CreationTime >= currentDate)
                        currentDate = finf.CreationTime;
                        lastFile = f;
                Dts.Variables["User::LastFile"].Value = lastFile;
                Dts.TaskResult = (int)ScriptResults.Success;
    thx regards dinesh vv

• How can i get a copy of my ipone messages with the number, date and time stamp?

How can I get a copy of my iphone messages with the number it was sent from and the date and time stamp?  Needed for court purposes.

Try the computer apps PhoneView (Mac) or TouchCopy (Mac & PC):
    http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/
    http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/index.php
    You should probably consult your attorney to see if either of these will be acceptable.

• Can you remove a date and time stamp off a photo that has already been taken?

Can you remove a date and time stamp off a photo that has already been taken?

only with Photoshop or similar software that offer some clone/heal feature.
    Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

• How to provide date and time stamp to the extracted file.

I 'm downloading data from DB to Flat file using GUI_DOWLOAD. whenever it is executed it is creating with a file name.
    if i rerun the program the file is overwriting with the same name.
    now based on the requirement how many times i executed, that many times file should be individually created and should be added with date and time stamp.
    if when i executed  at the very first time it should saved with filename, date and time.
    say "Address.txt 04/05/2007 07:55:10"
    When i executed it for second time it doesn't overwrite the file.
    it should create a new file.
    like "Address.txt 04/05/2007 07:59:20".
    Please guide me the way if possible code.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Vamsi,
                   Use FM 'F4_PROGRAM' to take file from the user .
    In this case user will enter the file name. u can append date & time to that file path.
    Refer this code.
    CALL FUNCTION 'F4_FILENAME'
        EXPORTING
          PROGRAM_NAME  = SY-REPID
          DYNPRO_NUMBER = SYST-DYNNR
        IMPORTING
          FILE_NAME     = P_P_FILE.
    concatenate P_FILE '04/05/2007 07:59:20' into V_FILE.
    CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'
        EXPORTING
          filename                        = v_file
         filetype                        = 'ASC'
          write_field_separator           = 'X'
        TABLES
          data_tab                        = i_tab
      IF sy-subrc <> 0.
    MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO
            WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.
      ENDIF.
      IF sy-subrc = 0.
        MESSAGE i002.
      ENDIF.
    Reward points if helpful.
    Regards,
    Hemant.

Maybe you are looking for

• Thawte SSL certificate not trusted?

I've been searching Google for solutions but haven't found anything. Had to enable SSL for the meeting server so that it would work from behind a firewall that was blocking the FMS. Bought a SSL123 certificate from a Thawte reseller. I installed it f

• I know I have updated Firefox, but several websites I have go on to have said it is outdated. What to do?

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox. My Google homepage says the current version is out of date and two other websites say it is out of date even though I know it has been updated.

• Reporting Interest Income

Hello Can someone help with the following reporting requirements.My client requires a report to show the breakdown of income earned (COUPON INCOME, NOMINAL  INTEREST FROM FIXED TERM DEPOSIT AND DEPOSIT AT NOTICE AND REPOS) from each portfolio, all po

• Best way to manage many pdf's online ?

Hi I'm working on a project, where i need to put aprox 800 magazines online, and i'm wondering, what is the best way to do this, pdf, and is there a library like plugin that can be of use to keep track of all the magazines ? Short story: The magazine

• Portlet Invalid handle exception -- URGENT PLEASE HELP

I am deploying our Portal application and portlets in a clustered environment. We have three machines and following weblogic servers are started in each machine: Machine1 - Admin Server Machine2 - Portal1, Portlet1 Machine3 - Portal2, Portlet2 Portle