How to configure an X86 Solaris 10 laptop as Jumpstarter for SPARC T1000?

I believe that I have taken due diligence WRT using search and Google to research the topic. There is a little voice that says "hopefully you haven't and the answer is right there in front of you".
That being said, I did find an article for [configuring an X86 box to jumpstart another X86 box|http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/jumpstart_x86_x64.jsp]. As many of you well know the T1000 is lacking a keyboard and monitor port so I'm forced to jumpstart the server. I received conflicting information whether I can jumpstart a T1000 (SPARC) box with an X86. My intuition says that this can be done, but may need modifications to the process in the hyperlink.
Before trekking forward, {color:#0000ff}+I'd like to hear from you if you have jumpstarted a SPARC box with an X86 box.+{color} Ideally there would be a [link to a wiki, (much like this broken link I found on Google).|http://www.ignorantinc.com/www/ignorantwiki/index.php/Solaris_Wiki:Procedures/jumpstart] *+{color:#0000ff}Any procedures or lessons learned would be greatly appreciated{color}+*. Thank you for taking the time to this posting.

There should not be a reason it doesn't work the support is there for both sparc and x86 support.
What steps have you taken and what part is not working ?
The basic high level steps for a network boot are just
to create the image
cd /os_image/Solaris_xx/Tools
./setup_install_server /somepath
set the client up
cd /somepath/Solaris_xx/Tools
./add_install_client client sun4v
on the client
ok  boot netAnyway just need some more details around where you are seeing the problem, what you have done etc.

Similar Messages

• How to configure Oracle Enterprise manager 11.2.0.1 for ASM instance

Hi All,
    Please let us know How to configure Oracle Enterprise manager 11.2.0.1 for ASM instance.
    Reagrds,
    Vikas

Assuming an agent is running on the servers you want to monitor,
    navigate to the Agent home page (Via setup --> Agent)
    When in the agent home page select 'Add Database'and press [Go]
    Assuming yopur database now gets recognized, select the Configure icon and enter the password for dbsnmp.
    When done, press [Ok] to return to the agent home page.
    Regards
    Rob
    http://oemgc.wordpress.com

• I would appreciate your help on how to configure a gmail in a way  it  ask  for the password  everytime I connect?. In the only way I can configure it  I have to include the pw when configuring the account  and  after that  it do not ask for pw

I would appreciate your help on how to configure a gmail in a way  it  ask  for the password  everytime I connect?. In the only way I can configure it  I have to include the pw when configuring the account  and  after that  it do not ask for pw  so  everyone that shares my iPad can  oppen my mail  with  no pw  required.
    Thank

The iPad is designed to be a single user device, and there is currently no way to password protect the Mail app - even removing the account password from Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars will just prevent new mail being downloaded, it won't hide those that have already been downloaded. There is this work-around for the app : https://discussions.apple.com/message/13127632#13127632 . Also there might be third-party email apps that feature password protecting.

• How to configure the wifi access with specific time slot for kids?

how to configure the wifi access with specific time slot for kids?

Which model of AirPort base station do you have? Which version of OS X is your MacBook Pro running?
    Wi-Fi access can be limited using the Timed Access feature of the AirPort routers. You would do so using the AirPort Utility.

• How to configure postfix in Solaris 10?

Hi guys,
    I need doc or link on how to configure postfix(mail send from server has to be forwarded to mail host which takes care of delivery) in Solaris 10 as i am facing issues with sendmail. I tried googling but couldnt find out any useful stuff.
    Thanks in adavance...

http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html

• How to configure PPPoE in solaris 10

Hi
    As I have to configure Internet in one Intel based Solaris box [Solaris 10] can you tell me the steps how to configure it as I have Brodband connection of Iqara.

hi,
    did you configure your interface for pppoe? the first step is configuring your interface for ppoe and then you can define a pppoe access server.
    please look at http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4555/6maoquija?a=view for details.
    yavuz

• How to configure default gateway Solaris 9

How to configure default gateway using /etc/gateways file (NO /etc/defaultrouter).
    The line "net default gateway ip_router metric 1 passive" produce the following error message:
    in.routed: bad net "default" in /etc/gateways entry "net default gateway ip_router metric 1 passive"--cannot be default.
    With Solaris 8 is ok.
    Can you help me.

you've probably worked this out by now, but this may help others;
    net 0.0.0.0 gateway x.x.x.x metric 1 passive
    * x.x.x.x = your gateway IP

• How to configure CUPS in Solaris 10 X86 and SPARC

Dears,
    I need help in configuring CUPS for Solaris 10 X86 as well as on SPARC.
    What i did?
    Downloaded the CUPS 1.5.0
    read the readme.txt
    read the INSTALL.txt
    Pre-req installation requires :-
    CFLAGS= -i /some/directory \
    CPPFLAGS = -i /some/directory \
    CXXFLAGS = -I /some/directory \
    DSOFLAGS = -L /some/directgry \
    LDFLAGS = -L /some/directory \
    ./configure --
    It errors out with
    checking for gawk ... no
    checking for mawk... no
    checking for nawk ...nawk
    chekcing for gcc ... no
    checking for cc ... no
    checking for cl.exe no
    Configure error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    see 'config.log' for more details
    I installed all the missing dependencies from www.sunfreeware.com and I have the same problem.
    I also tried to install the software packages from the operating system dvd... like for
    ls -lrt gcc
    gcc "SUNWgcc", "SUNWgccS", "SUNWgccruntime"
    ls -lrt cc
    cc "SUNWgccruntime", "SUNWlccom", "SUNWcctpx", "SUNWccisgn" , "SUNWccinv", "SUNWccfwctrl", " SUNWccfw", "SUNWccccrr", "SUNWccccr", "SUNWccccfg", "SUNWislcc",
    "SUNWaccu", "SUNWaccr", "IPLTccons", " SUWgccs", "SUNWgcc", "SUNWmccom", "SUNWmcc", "SUNWusbccids", "SUNWusbccid"
    ls -lrt gawk
    no results
    ls -lrt mawk
    no results
    ls -lrt cl.exe
    no results
    Is there any way should i follow apart from the above?
    Rgds,
    Mky

Check pkginfo -l for each package.
    export the PATH variable where the packages are installed, like /usr/local/bin and etc.

• How to configure Samba on Solaris 9.0 x86

Dear All :
    I installed Solaris 9.0 on my machine , i know that Samba is installed " i used pkginfo | grep samba "
    . but the related services are not in /etc/inetd.conf or /etc/services files .
    what to do to activate samba and make it to run at start up .
    Thank s

Try to see the following links, I did get my samba up and running and its working fine, these two links did help me a lot in configuring the file.
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/index.html
    http://www.swlink.net/~styma/SunAtHome/Samba.html
    Samir Patel

• How to configure snmp on solaris 10

hi, i am working on solaris management console(smc) .i want to configure snmp for this to send traps regarding my system performance and cpu usage ..can any body know ho to do this

I could use some help with this as well ... so far I have been unable to find a clear and concise document that can walk me through configurin gSNMP. Clean Solaris 10 installation, snmpdx is running - now how do I configure it? Better yet, how do I disable snmpdx and run net-snmp?
    Please, someone help or at least paste a link to an article somewhere...

• How to configure snmp on solaris 10 for sending traps to any EMconsole

i am working on solaris management console(smc) .i want to configure snmp for this (smc)to send traps regarding system performance and cpu usage ..can any body know ho to do this .i am new to solaris ..learned some basic administration of it ..

I could use some help with this as well ... so far I have been unable to find a clear and concise document that can walk me through configurin gSNMP. Clean Solaris 10 installation, snmpdx is running - now how do I configure it? Better yet, how do I disable snmpdx and run net-snmp?
    Please, someone help or at least paste a link to an article somewhere...

• How to configure SNMP in solaris 10

i am working on solaris management console .i want to configure snmp for this to send traps regarding system performance and cpu usage ..can any body know ho to do this

Integration of Directory Server SNMP agent with Solaris Master agent is documented in the Administration Guide Chapter 14: Monitoring Directory Server using SNMP.
    http://docs.sun.com/source/817-7613/snmp.html
    Regards,
    Ludovic.

• How to Configure Internet on Solaris 10

Hi Guys,
    I recently installed Solaris 10 on Vmware Workstation 7.0.1. I'm trying to get Internet to work in the solaris virtual machine by sharing it from the host machine but have not been successful.The Solaris Virtual Machine NIC is using NAT. Please help.
    Thanks
    kisad

Thank You for your reply. This is what i have configured.
    ifconfig -a
    lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1
    inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
    e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
    inet 10.0.0.51 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.0.0.255
    ether 0:c:29:42:c3:b4
    netstat -rnv
    IRE Table: IPv4
    Destination Mask Gateway Device Mxfrg Rtt Ref Flg Out In/Fwd
    default 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.1 1500* 0 1 UG 0 0
    10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.51 e1000g0 1500* 0 1 U 0 0
    224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 10.0.0.51 e1000g0 1500* 0 1 U 0 0
    127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 lo0 8232* 0 9 UH 278 0

• How to configure oracle 8.1.6, 8.1.7 for recognizing float data type by  ODBC

I know oracle recognizes float data type into the tables, and exists a parameter in the initialization parameters named NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTER that permits to us change the presentation format. I did it, and into the server pc now it shows me '.' as a decimal point and ',' as a group separator. So, how can i do for the clients recognize the same float data type format. Which file i have to modify, or always i have to execute the instruction: alter session set NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = ".," in every client machine?
    thanks
    aldemar

According to the National Language Support Guide, available from <http://tahiti.oracle.com>, you should be able to change the value of NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS in the init.ora file for the database and have that carry across to all sessions.
    Justin

• How to convert mp3 songs on my laptop to itunes for ipad?

how do i convert my mp3 songs to itunes for my ipad

No conversion is needed. Just drag the mp3 files over to iTunes, then sync the music to the iPad.

Maybe you are looking for