How to disable my onboard graphics controller hp desktop t3524

IM trying to upgrade the desktop im trying to install geforce 210 ddr2 but having no luck can some on help please

Yes I have the monitor hooked up to the GTX260 connection and I am getting a picture fine even though the 260 is not showing up in the device manager.   It shows "standard VGA adaptor" in the device manager.  That is why I was going to just install the latest drivers for the 260 and see what happens.

Similar Messages

• How to enable the onboard graphics support ?

I have touchsmart 520, and wanted to know if there is an option to enble the onboard graphics support instead of using the graphics card ?
    I think the card is faulty, and need to find a way to check if this so.
    Thank you,
    Roye
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

What are the symptoms you are seeing?
    What is the complete product name or product number?
    There should be a service tag  somewhere on the all-in-on PC.
    This is going to depend on which motherboard is installed.
    There is an option in some installed motherboard BIOS (Lavaca motherboard) that enables you to select the Intel HD graphics.
    With the angelino2 mobo, you will have to remove the MXM card to see if that enables the onboard video.
    What is the installed OS and CPU?
    ****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
    2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

• How to disable Intel HD graphics and use nvidia card?

Hello,
    I would like to ask for some assistance.
    I want to use the Gtx 630m but instead the laptop keeps using the Intel HD chipset.
    What I tried so far:
    1. In nVidia control panel I set nVidia graphics card as default in global setting, and for several programs I frequently use as well
    2. In BIOS there is no option for Switchable Graphics
    Is there any BIOS update for this?
    Thanks!
    Laptop:
    HP Pavilion 15-b102sh Sleekbook
    Model: D4N32EA
    System version: Windows 8.1

@Spinkick ,
    Hi again and thanks for posting back.  Here is a link from our forums that deals with the same issue. There is a pile of information here on how to deal with this.
    How to switch to Nvidia graphics instead of intel
    Here is another one from HP support.  It is not for the same model, however it covers the same topic and works with the nvidia software.
    NVIDIA Optimus Graphics with Integrated Intel Graphics on HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 CTO Notebook PCs (Wi...
    If you are trying to stop using the intel gpu all together you are not going to be able to do that at all.
    They system and the software are designed to work with both GPU chipsets and assign accordingly.
    I hope this helps.
    Thank you again for posting and have a great day.
    Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!
    Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.
    D5GR
    I work on behalf of HP

• Matrix Edit:  How to disable scrolling thru unseen controller data?

I use key commands in the matrix window to navigate, select notes, move them, transpose them, change their length etc.
    Upon upgrading from logic 4.7 I find that Logic now scrolls one by one through controller data like mod wheel events that I CAN"T EVEN SEE on the matrix page!
    Why this is useful is beyond me, and it ruins my workflow. I would like to know:
    a.) why this is useful and how people are taking advantage of this new feature.
    b.) how do I disable it so logic only selects notes?

Matrix, it would be helpful if you added the version of Logic you're running to your profile. This is important because the behavior of various Logic functions differs between 7.1.x and 7.2.x.
    Not listing this info results in the inevitable question that needs to be answered before constructive advice can be offered... "What verison of Logic are you running?"
    -=iS=-

• How to disable G510 inbuilt graphic

Hello Lenovo Users,
    I newly purchased G510 which came with Intel HD Graphics 4600... I'm using Windows 7, 32bit OS as my business application works only on 32 bit.....Since i have configured for 32 bit i see RAM availability is showing 2.6GB....I know to show 4GB i need to install 64bit OS..My question is, can i disable graphics option in BIOS so my RAM gets more space...If so, how to do it in BIOS and is it safe? Appreciate ur inputs pls...
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

hi girish1015,
    Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!
    I'm afraid that this is not possible,
    This has always been Mainboard Memory remapping and WIndows OS automatic settings.
    Memory remapping is not available in the BIOS to adjust the Shared RAM, also disabling the Graphics is not available.
        and Memory allocation depends on the amount of RAM installed on the computer together with the Operating system type.
    Regards
    Solid Cruver
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

• MOVED: how to disable on-board graphic

This topic has been moved to MSI Notebooks & Netbooks.
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=171267.0

every msi onboard vga ive dealt with is disabled by the simple act of installing a vga card in the slot
    though it helps to remove its drivers first,the onboard that is ,then do it as well

• How to disable Intel HD Graphics (HP Pavilion G6-2303sq)

I have HP Pavilion G6-2303sq.
    It has Intel® HD Graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M.
    I have all drivers and updates installed.
    I tried to disable in BIOS, but there is no feature.

Use the configure switchable graphics method.
    Set the high performance graphics adapter as the current adapter. Untick the automatically select power-saving GPU when on battery option.  Click on Apply and then OK.Once this is done, the only adapter that will be used is the ATI Radeon HD adapter whether on AC power or battery.
    regards,
    erico
    ****Please click on Accept As Solution if a suggestion solves your problem. It helps others facing the same problem to find a solution easily****
    2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer

• How to disable Guess Account using Apple Remote Desktop or command line

The Guess Account is enabled with parental control for 900 iMacs. How can I disable the Guess account with ARD and commandline?

After searching for a long time.
    The answer is:
    dscl . -create /Users/Guest UserShell /usr/bin/false

• How to disable folders snapping to grid on desktop

I want to disable snap to grid of all folders, icons, jpegs, etc. on desktop. What I want is ability to move stuff around randomly.

Right click on the desktop and click on Show view options and deselect snap to a grid.

• How to disable Airport Status using Apple Remote Desktop?

I am in a school and students have began using the "Create Network" item in the Airport Status menu to send inappropriate messages to each other. I can uncheck the "Show Airport Status in menubar" which will eliminate this but I'd rather not have to go around to 200 computers. Is there a Unix command that I can send in ARD that will disable this menu from even showing up? Thanks.

I see that you are also using AD and OD together. You can use OD to push out a computer MCX preference, that will disable the student's ability to do just what you want.
    Select the computer list, click preferences at the top, choose Network, Sharing & Interfaces, set it to Always and check Disable Internet Sharing.
    It works well.
    I know this is not what you asked for, but hopefully it solves your problem.
    Bill

• How to disable onboard video on KM4M-L?

Does anybody know how to disable the onboard video card of the KM4M-L?  I tried just plugging in another AGP card, but it doesn't work.  I've gone through the bios, but can't find any reference to the onbard video.
    Another question I have is which card is faster, the onboard video or my old Viper V770 with 32MBs of ram (I know, it's ancient!)
    Thanks in advance for your help.

The viper but not by much. The o/b AGP is disabled automaticly but your problem is your board only supports AGPx4/1.5v cards.
    Have a read through this thread (it's a P4 board but the same applies).

• K9N2 Diamond - Can't Disable Onboard Graphics

Hello all,
    I have a peculiar problem (or maybe it isn't problem at all):
    If I select to disable the onboard graphic chip in BIOS, the system halts (complete freeze) after memory check, only way out is to force shutdown and BIOS reset.
    On board, there are four little status leds, when the onboard graphics is disabled, they are (looking from the "back" of board) from left to right: green-red-green-red. I haven't been able to find out what the sequence means, looks to me like MSI has never published the codes.
    The freeze happens whether I have quickboot enabled or not.
    My system specs are:
    MSI K9N2 Diamond
    AMD Phenom 9850 BE
    XFX GeForce 8800 GT Alpha Dog 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI
    8 GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 DHX
    2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB S300 RAID 1
    CoolerMaster 700W REAL POWER PRO MODULAR PSU
    Lian-Li SILVER CLASSICAL SERIES
    Philips Brilliance 200W 20.1"
    BIOS version is 2.0 (not flashed).
    The XFX card works perfectly and when both cards are active, I have no issues with system at all (all works perfectly). Also RAM has passed Memtest++ several times and is correctly detected and configured by BIOS (800MHz).
    All BIOS settings affecting performance are in their defaults (no overclocking, no voltage tweaking etc).
    The problem is that I can't set these two cards to SLi nor MultiGPU because they are not identical (please correct me if I'm wrong in that).
    The problem is that both cards now want to run separate monitor (I only got one I can use permanently) meaning that I either won't see boot messages or I won't see desktop depending on which card I have the monitor connected on.
    So, in brief, here's my questions are:
    Do you know why disabling the onboard chip freezes POST?
    Do you know a solution to this problem?
    If you answer "yes" to either or both above, please tell me too what is the reason and what is the solution

Hi and thanks for the reply.
    Just to be sure what you mean:
    Quote from: Fredrik on 02-November-08, 20:54:10
    You should be able to disable onboard while monitor cable is connected to the 8800, should even be automatically disabled.
    You mean having monitor connected to both cards and then disable the onboard chip?
    Could have to do with the Hybrid SLI feature  . Disable if you don't want it.
    That's disabled currently (you can't disable onboard chip if it's enabled).
    As BIOS seems to be involved, what BIOS version do you have?
    Original 2.0 (shipped with board).

• How to disable Nvidia Graphics card to improve battery life in Bios?

Hi I am trying to figure out how to disable my Nvidia Graphics Card with my Custom Bios. I don't want to tinker with my Bios settings without getting some advice. Thanks!!!! I have MSI GE70 2PE 012US laptop. My custom bios is this version E1759SSS.516.

You can't really disable nvidia graphics as all laptops with dedicated card can't just use Intel HD only..

• Onboard graphics and pci-e slot question

On the Msi K9N2 platinum which pci-e slot is the slot for a single card i tried the manual but i just want to clarify
    and 2...
    How do i disable the Onboard graphics in the bios for the K9N2 platinum
    oh and 3 can someone just guide me on how to install a gpu i already know but apparently im doing something wrong so a quick review might help thanks

Use the 1st PCI-E slot {near to CPU socket}

• How do I enable Integrated Graphics on Win 7, w/ bootcamp 5?

Since I bought a 2012 MBP(15-inch, 2.3hz I7, gt 650m 512mb vram), and installed Windows 7, via Bootcamp, I've been having problems with temperature.
    I've searched the web a little bit about it, made some tests, and most of it is about Intel Turbo Boost excessive heat and mainly about the dedicated graphics.
    Under OS X 10.8.5 or 10.9(recently), i run games using limiters to disable both, the turbo boost (limiting at 2.3ghz) and the graphics to Integrated only. Games such as, Path of Exile, Team Fortress 2, League of Legends, Dota 2, runs under these conditions very smoothly, around 65 fps, at 75-80 oC with both coolers at 4700 rpm, what is OK, since I'm playing medium-heavy duty games.  BUT, not all my games are compatible with mac, so I installed Windows.
    Under Windows, I was not able to find how to disable the dedicated graphics, and because of that, the same games runs (with the turbo boost disabled only) at over 90 oC (coolers at full speed, 6200rpm both), and the GPU keep droping FPS, since it underclocks itself, due to overheat.
    my Question is : HOW DO I DISABLE THE DEDICATED GRAPHICS, AND ENABLE THE INTEGRATED ONES????
    many games runs well with intel HD 4000, nvidia 650m is not necessary! but I cant limit my computer resources.
    Thx for your attention.

ok then,
    do you know if there is an alternative way, such as underclocking permanently the GPU, just as I did with the CPU?
    at least it would stabilize the temperatures around 80.. or sth

Maybe you are looking for

• How to Add a Row by clicking in other different Region

Hello Im trying to build a page that allows me to add items to a region by clicking in a report region in the same page. I created a Report Region with my information , It has a link and one image in the region 1. in other region(REgion 2) I have a t

• Domain administrator service accounts limit access to a particular server/s

We need to adjust these to adjust our service accounts and would like them to be restricted to a particular server and restrict their logon or access.  Any suggestions on how to manage this through Active Directory at an enterprise level? We want to

• Deleting Photos from iPhone

How do I delete synced photos from my iPhone? I don't have any problems deleting photos from my camera roll, but the "Devices Downloaded Files" and "My Photos" Folders i can't delete from. I've gone into iTunes and unchecked "Sync Photos from", and i

• Answering mail: Mail app auto-selects subject

Hi, today i experienced a very strange behaviour in mail app - this happens with every kind of mail (imap, pop, exchange) : When I'm answering to any received mail by clicking the "Answer" button/link, the answer mail opened. So far so good. But if t

• Open indd without warning message

Hi.... currently i am working on a batch job to open indd files from a folder. But those file have character set and image link missing. Once the file is opened, it will pop up the warning windows, and my script can't close the file as well. Finally,