How to monitor hardware for Sun SPARC T2000

Which add-on do I have to install on my Sun Management Center 4.0 server to be able to monitor the hardware of a Sun SPARC T2000 agent?

Hi Soliberus,
soliberus wrote:
I can now see my hardware, but I can't monitor the hard disk drives. Any
idea what I have to do to get the disks in SMC as well?You should see your drives in a few places:
Common Config Reader --> Device Information --> Media Devices
Kernel Reader --> Disk Statistics --> * (for drive info)
Kernel Reader --> Filesystem Usage --> * (for filesystem info)
File Scanning [Syslog] --> File Scan --> disk_error (for disk errors that Solaris can see in /var/adm/messages)
** Note*: you may have to unload "_Kernel Reader Simple_" (default) and load just "_Kernel Reader_" to see all your info
Regards,
[email protected]
[http://www.HalcyonInc.com|http://www.HalcyonInc.com]
New !! : [http://forums.HalcyonInc.com|http://forums.HalcyonInc.com] !!

Similar Messages

• Oracle 9iAS for sun sparc

I've installed oracle 9ias for sun sparc server which read the database on the database tier.
    My problem are:
    1. I cannot start ifs ServerManager
    using root id.
    invalid credentials specified.
    Could someone please tell me what is:
    ifs User Name >
    ifs User Password >
    ifs service name >
    ifs schema password >
    2. How to deploy oracle forms and oracle reports on the 9ias?
    3. Cannot start Web Cache? What should I do?
    4. Cannot start Oracle9ias Discoverer.
    Please someone help me..its urgent.!!

thanks a lot man...
    but anyway...
    could you please tell me how can i connect to my form server on the 9ias from web browser.?
    I've been trying it so many times but still i failed to do so...
    I really appreciate if you could help me in that too...
    all the best to U...

• Oracle Forms Developer/Services 6i Release 2 for Sun SPARC Solaris

Exist? :
    Oracle Forms Developer/Services 6i Release 2 for Sun SPARC Solaris
    6i Release 2 ,it's product or patch ?
    I want to know then Software Product CD Part number, Part # ????? Release 2 , not Release 1!!

I'm getting the page not found error on trying to download the setup Oracle Forms Developer 6i Release 2 for 95/98/NT/2000/XP from:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/forms/htdocs/winsoft.html

• Minimal compile & link files for sun sparc?

hi.
    i have been developing an oci dir path project using redhat linux 7.3 (2.4.x.) & gcc 2.96. (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/odpd/) i am using a dev copy of ora9i release 9.2.0.1.0 installed on the linux dev machine. i would like to compile the project on a sun sparc box using sun's C++ compiler 5.3.
    so, i would like to get my hands on solaris versions of headers & libraries for #include & linking. i don't see any need to actually run the app against an installed version of ora9i under solaris; i just want to compile & link. further, i don't have root# access on target machine, so ora9i install isn't really an option.
    the target machine:
    $ uname -a
    $ SunOS nydev-app2 5.7 Generic_106541-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
    on the linux dev machine:
    $ ls -laF $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh*
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle 16 Aug 31 2002 /u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/lib/libclntsh.so -> libclntsh.so.9.0*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 oracle 9.8M Aug 31 2002 /u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1/lib/libclntsh.so.9.0*
    if anyone can help me get relevant files for compile & link, please contact me: asdrury at sourceforge dot net.
    tia. asd

Go to http//otn.oracle.com. On the downloads menu select Oracle Instant Client.
    From the 'Instant Client Downloads' page you should be able to find IC packages to download for available platforms, e.g. Solaris SPARC 64-bit. (Latest version is 11.2.0.3.)

• How Do I Register for Sun Java Java Certification?

I am preparing for Sun Java Certification and would like to know where
    to go for resgitration.
    Please point me to a link with the info.
    Thank you

Do you have an AppleID?  When you go to iMessage it should ask for your AppleID for registration.

• How to download updates for sun creator to install them offline

I have creator installed machine. I want to update it but it does not have internet connection, so I want to install updates in another machine and install them in this offline machine from where I can download upadates any ideas?

FAQ: How can I capture modules from the Update Center, so I can install them in an offline computer?
    Notes:
    1. Launch Creator. Use install'n that does not have the update modules that you want to capture, on a computer that is connected to the Internet.
    2. Tools > Update Center.
    3. Select the modules to be installed. Click "Next" to start download.
    4. Click through any license agreements to allow the download to get started.
    5. When the download is finished, do not click "Next" yet. After downloading, but before installing, the update modules are available as files that you can copy.
    6. Look in <userdir>/update/download for files with .nbm file extension and a timestamp that matches the time you downloaded the updates from the Update Center.
    7. Copy the downloaded modules to a safe area.
    8. Return to the Update Center Wizard in the IDE. If you want to install the modules that were just downloaded, then click "Next" and follow the normal process. If you do not want to update this installation of Creator with the modules that were just downloaded, then click "Cancel".
    9. Copy the saved .nbm files to the offline computer that has the Creator installation that you want to update.
    10. Tools > Update Center.
    11. Use "Install Manually Downloaded Modules (.nbm Files)" to install the saved .nbm files.
    Thanks
    Mario

• How to monitor responses for an E-mail campaign

Dear all,
    We are running an E-mail campaign on a specific target group. E-mail content has some advertising message regarding our newly launched product categories.
    Now the requirement is to know, how many customers in the target group has opened and see the email message.
    Can it be configured in SAP CRM??, if so how could we do this, do any other systems integration is required for this process??
    Please help me to find the correct solution for this requirement, Your help will be highly appreciated.
    Kindly refer any step by step or screenshot based documentation for the same.
    Best regards,
    Raghu ram.
    Edited by: Raghu Ram on Dec 6, 2008 9:18 PM

Hi Raghu,
    If u r maintaining any URL for u r Advertisement in mail form then it is possible to track the number of hits by receipant for that URL.
    To create a URL, simply highlight the text of the URL (for example, www.sap.com) and then choose the
    URL button. This turns the highlighted text into a hyperlink in the e-mail.
    >If your hyperlink is to SAP Internet Sales, you can create a personalized link to the Web page by adding a ++ to the end of the URL. The ++ creates a unique identifier that can be used to track whether or not the recipient has accessed the Web site from the e-mail. If you add ## to an URL, tracking is now also possible for all other Web sites
    You can check the hits of u r URL :-
    SAP menu ->Marketing ->Marketing Planning and Campaign Management ->CRMD_EMAIL_LIST - Display Marketing Contact List-- Execute the marketing contact list by entering the search crieteria.
    (Number of Access is number Hits by customer)
    Regards,
    Dipesh.

• How to report bugs for Sun Studio 12 update 1?

I want to report a bug for the Sun Studio 12u1 C compiler, but bugreport.sun.com doesn't know about Sun Studio 12u1. The latest release know is SS12.
    Furthermore, the form doesn't allow to attach additional files, e.g. sources and other information needed to reproduce the problem.
    Since we have a valid service support contract with Sun, I used the official channel via the member support center, on January 15. Now, one month later, there is still no answer - and searching the databases both on sunsolve and bugreport.sun.com show, that my report hasn't gotten that far, yet.
    I really like Sun Studio, and I use it both for research and education, but reporting issues is really a problem. This somehow spoils the fun, both for the end users and the developers of a really great product!
    So the big question is: What is the best and quickest way to get bugs reported?
    Regards,
    Bernd

If you have a support contract, the best way is to report via official channel; this is the only way to ensure that the bug is fixed in a patch for already released product. The fact that you can't find your report on sunsolve and bugreport.sun.com does not mean anything: not all bugs are public for obvious reasons.
    I think you should request an update via the same official channel; if you get nothing in a reasonable time (a day, I think), please report back here, we'll try to find out what's going on.

• Need Oracle 8.1.5 for Sun SPARC Solaris

I need this version of Oracle to use a vendor package that was developed and certified on this platform. Does anyone know where I can download this from? I cannot find it anywhere in the Oracle site.

Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0 was in the sun solaris 8 distribution.

• Is fake utility program for sun sparc solaris 2.6 available.?

Hai ,
    Fake is a IP address take over tool used in linux.
    "fake is a simple utility designed to enable the switching in of backup servers buy bringing up an additional interface and using arp spoofing to take over the ip address. Either additional physically or logical interfaces can be used."This is all about fake.
    I searched a lot to get fake utility for solaris 2.6.but i could't.
    Is any fake utility version for solaris .? or the same of its kinds.?
    Please help me
    Thank you
    Arun

hai Alan,
    Let me specific on the problem.
    I developed a fail-over software for Linux servers(need 2 servers of same configuration). In this servers ,there are two modes , Active and passive mode. At a time one can be active,and other passive. Clients can communicate the with the servers through a common alias ip address. But the actual ip address of servers can be different.Normally Active server would be having the alias ip.
    When switching take place from active to passive mode,server will be assigned with its actual ip address. When switching takes place other passive server becomes active and its get common alias ip address.?
    This is the actual scenario . And fake is used in Linux to refresh the arp table of immediate switching device.
    But i came to know that solaris os would do it normally when it switches .?
    Is this possible with solaris.?

• How to install hardware for windows 7

I cannot find drivers for peripherals and I cannot connect to the Internet because drivers for wi-fi and ethernet are not available

You need to download the drivers from the Apple website while booted into OSX. Burn the drivers onto CD and then, boot into Windows.
    Install the drivers from CD. Do you have an external CD drive for your MacBook Air?

• How to install Linux on Sun Blade 2000

hi,all.
    There is a sun blade 2000 workstation in our lab.And my teacher ask me to install a Linux OS instead of the Solaris8 which is preinstalled in this machine.This thing is very difficult to me,for I am not only a new to Linux,but also a totally freshman to Sun OS and its Hardware.
    I have only installed a Fedora 11 in my x86 machine.But i dont know how the sparc architecture working and how to start my installation,even include how and where to boot from installation CD.
    Please tell me what the step of installation and how to do.Furthemore,please recommend a Linux distribution suitable for the blade 2000.
    Thank you very much.

If you never ever worked with Linux then Debian is not really the OS you want to choice first, don't get me wrong its very good, but i think Ubuntu which is based on it is more user friendly
    Ubuntu has also a Sparc version and a forum for Sun Sparc users.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146
    some issues related to the type of server you have : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=588088
    Then you have also the question if you want to install the server edition or the desktop version?
    for example dapper server is available here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/dapper/daily/current/dapper-server-sparc.iso

• Monitor hardware resources in ucs

Hi everyone,
    we've just purchased 2 ucs c240 and 1 c220 and we need to know how to monitor hardware resources like disks faults, fan faults, …...
    Can someone help us?
    Thank you.
    Massimo

Does this help?
    https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11529571/ucs-c-series-hardware-monitoring

• From where can I download oracle9i 9.2.0.x for solaris sparc 5.10 64bit OS?

or even for an earlier OS version such as Solaris 8, 9?
    from where Can I find certification matrix?

The regular Oracle9i Database Release 2 Enterprise/Standard Edition
    for Sun SPARC Solaris (64-bit) works fine. This can be downloaded Here.
    Hans has already posted the URL for the certification matrix.
    You'll see there a "Desupported" status. Dessupported means in case a new bug is found for the specified platform/DB Oracle won't develop a patchset. In fact, the latest and last patchset released by Oracle is 9.2.0.8.0, from this point on the only maintenance code will be done through CPU's for this specific patchset level. However if you can check the First year Extended Support fee waived for Oracle9i Database Release 9.2, and the Oracle Lifetime Support Policy.
    ~ Madrid.

• How can I install Oracle Database 10g for Solaries (SPARC) from the console

Dear Forum Members,
    In my office, I have to installed Oracle Database 10g for Solaries (SPARC). But I have to do it without DISPLAY Monitor.Is it possible install it by remote login to this server using response file (silent mode) or something like that?
    If yes. Then How?
    If anyone have the exact solution, then I need your feedback. I shall wait for your reply.
    Thanks
    Aungshuman Paul

There are 2 possible ways to accomplish this.
    First,
    Silent installation
    http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=174771&rl=1
    Second, (cut/paste from other site)
    How to install Oracle software remotely?
    Remote Software Installation Steps: (For Solaris only)
    If you want to install Oracle Software remotely, you should perform the following steps. These steps are applicable only if your source and target machine are running Unix.
    For example, you can install Oracle Software from your home from Washington, DC to a target source in California.
    1. Pick your source server or machine for remote installation.
    2. Check that your CD is in your source CD-ROM drive.
    3. On the target machine, find your target machine name with the output of the /usr/bin/hostname
    4. On the source machine, login as a user.
    5. On the source machine, enable client access: % /usr/openwin/bin/xhost + target-machine-name
    6. Become root user by typing: su (don’t use -)
    7. Check that Volume Manger is running. # ps –ef |grep vold (if you see an entry that contains /usr/sbin/vold, Volume Manager is running. Then skip to Step 10.
    8. If not then do the following: # mkdir –p /cdrom/your-cd-file-name
    9. # mount –F hsfs –r cdrom-device /cdrom/your-cd-file-name
    10. Add the following line to your /etc/dfs/dfstab file: # share –F nfs –o ro /cdrom/your-cd-file-name
    11. Verify whether your source machine is an NFS server: # ps –ef | grep nfsd
    12. If you see an entry that contains /use/lib/nfs/nfsd –a 16, then nfsd is running and skip to Step 16.
    13. If nfsd is running, then type: # /usr/sbin/shareall
    14. If nfsd is not running, then start nfsd by typing: # /etc/init.d/nfs.server start
    15. Verify whether your source machine is an NFS server again by typing: # ps –ef | grep nfsd
    16. Make sure your source machine is exporting your product directory by typing: # /usr/sbin/dfshares
    17. Now, log in to the target machine by type: # rlogin target-machine-name –l user (not root)
    18. Then log in as the root user by typing: # su
    19. Go to the source machine by typing: # cd /net/source-machine/cdrom/your-cd-file-name ,then Skip to 24.
    20. If you cannot change to that directory in Step 19 and you do not have an auto-mounter on your network, then create amount point by typing the following commands.
    21. # mkdir /remote_products
    22. # /usr/sbin/mount –F nfs –r source-machine:/cdrom/your-cd-file-name /remote_products
    23. # cd /remote_products
    24. Redirect the target machine display to source machine by typing: # DISPLAY=source-machine:0; export DISPLAY (if you use a Bourne or Korn shell).
    25. Start the Web Start Installer by typing: # ./installer (or whatever the installer name program is).

Maybe you are looking for