How to recover system from new hdd T410

Hello,
please, help me to recover my system.
I have a new HDD and trying to recover my system from "Lenovo_recovery" partition. Partition has been copped from old HDD.
1) I have chcked there are all files in "Lenovo_Recovery".
2) installed trial version windows 7
3) installed  "Recue and Recovery" but id does not offer anything
so, I am not able to recover from here.
4) I have checked also to recover from blue button "ThinkVantage" but the same is there, it open dialog and say somthing like "Revocery functionality have been removed ... "
So how can I have my system? I still using trial one.
Node: my old system is windows 7 pro, but current one is windows 7 ultimat.
Thanks.
Solved!
Go to Solution.

When you open rescue and recovery there should be a window that opens that has menu options at the top of the window.   Backup, restore,  advanced, and help.  Does this window open?  If it does, hold your cursor over restore and there should be 2 options, restore your system and rescue files.  Choose restore your system.  The next window that shows up will show more options.  You want to choose the top one, restore my entire hard drive.  Unless you want to restore from a backup.  Is your backup in E:?  
I am a little confused.  Are you trying to restore windowsw 7 pro or windows 7 ultimate?  What was on the old hard drive and what version was the trial version.  Is C: drive windows 7 pro.  Where is ultimate?  
Dave 
T430u, x301, x200T, x61T, x61, x32, x41T, x40, U160, ThinkPad Tablet 1838-22R, Z500 touch, Yoga Tab 2 Windows 8.1, Yoga Tablet 3 Pro
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• How to recover system datafile???

Hello,
    Do you guys have any idea how to recover SYSTEM datafile if the datafile is missing and it's not being back up ?
    suhaimi
    [email protected]

Dear Suhaimi,
    The only possible way of recovering the SYSTEM tablespace (and its datafiles) is from the Hot or Cold backups taken earlier. For ensure complete recoverability, I advise you to run your database in ARCHIVELOG mode and take regular online backups.
    Ciao!

• How to recover photos from the recycle bin ?

how to recover phontos from the recycle bin or how to find them on icloud ??

If you are using Photo Stream on your computer (Mac - logged into iCloud & Phtot Stream on / PC - installed iCloud Control Panel logged in and have Photo Stream turned on) then the photos you deleted should be safe and sound on your computer. Otherwise you may be out of luck.

• How to recover photos from a usb key to put on ipad

how to recover photos from a usb key to put on ipad

What do you mean 'how to recover' ? If you want to copy the photos from the USB drive to your iPad then you can try using the camera connection kit, but a lot of USB drives require more power than is supplied to the kit and the photos need to be in a particular format : you need to create a DCIM directory off the root of the drive with the photos underneath it, and the photo filenames need to be exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension i.e. in a similar format as if a camera had created/written them

• How to recover answer from security questions?

how to recover answer from security questions?

Hi there Chaleska,
    If you can't remember the answers to your security questions, you can use the steps outlined in the article below to reset those questions.
    If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6170
    -Griff W.

• I lost all my notes after having switched off in icloud: how to recover them from a back up pls ?

I lost all my notes after having switched off in icloud: how to recover them from a back up pls ?

Just turn notes syncing back on again.

• HT201317 How to recover photos from photo in Iphone 3GS after updating to the IOS 6.0.1?

How to recover photos from photo in Iphone 3GS after updating to the IOS 6.0.1?

Same problem here, and it's not isolated.
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/20228281#20228281
    I believe you will find you can again sync Photos if you delete the "iPod Photo Cache", but predict that any subsequent attempt will fail.  In my case, the enxt sync removes all the photos again - I've seen other reports of error messages upon sync.  Mine just fails silently. :-)

• How to recover photos from photo in Iphone 3GS after updating to the IOS 6.0.1?

How to recover photos from photo in Iphone 3GS after updating to the IOS 6.0.1?

Hello vikings2013
    You can recover photos from iTunes or iCloud as long as you had a backup. The article below will give instructions on backup and restore through both options of computer and iCloud.
    iOS: How to back up and restore your content
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766
    Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
    Regards,
    -Norm G.
    <Post Edited By Host>

• How to recover photos from device that screen doesnt work, and didn't use cloud or a memory card. (chip)

How to recover photos from device that screen doesnt work, and didn't use cloud or a memory card. (chip)

I'm sorry to hear you no longer have access to your pictures ItzKB11. I know they're important, we'll do everything we can to help. However, since you did not back them up to any source and the screen does not work, we only have a couple options. Try using the USB cable to tranfer to PC:
    From the Device to a Computer
      • Launch Windows Explorer.
    Using the computer keyboard, press Windows E (  E) keys.
    Alternatively, right-click Start then click Explore.
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to:
      • SCH-I545 > Phone
      • Utilize the computer to copy video/picture files from the following folders into the desired folder(s) on the computer's hard drive:
      • DCIM
      • Download
      • Movies
      • Pictures
      • Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
    If you're unable to retrieve them that way, use this http://vz.to/1zyIQwo.
    AdaS_VZW
    Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

• How to recover photos from stolen iphone?

How to recover photos from stolen iphone?

You might be able to recover any photos that were in an iCloud Photo Stream if you had an iCloud account and used Photo Stream.  But without a backup of your library or MB hard drive you won't be able to recover any of the iPhoto Library photos as Jim has already pointed out.

• How to import photos from new Apple Photos app.. ?  Iphoto no longer exists

How to import photos from new Apple Photos app.. into Elements  (organizer ??)?  Iphoto no longer exists
    Otherwise I cannot use the Adobe program.

srumsey88
    What program and version do you have on your Mac computer - Photoshop Elements and its Elements Organizer or Premiere Elements and its Elements Organizer?
    The nature of your question suggests that you may be dealing with Photoshop Elements and its Elements Organizer. If that is the case, please post your question in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.
    Photoshop Elements
    Your thread has been posted to the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing)..
    Please clarify your program.
    Thank you.
    ATR

• How to recover windows from 2nd partition

I have a problem, recovery process crashed almost at the end and when i restart computer i cannot get to the windows (missing files). I installed windows but i didn't have any toshiba utilities for recovery (only those files on 2nd partitions: hdd recovery). And here is my question, how can i recover my system from that files without any toshiba utilities? Can i download them or something? What can i do to restore it, because toshiba recovery media is, i think not available. And if it's not so how can i do? My warranty for laptop expired.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Satellite A350-110 (PSAL6E-006009G3) 
    how can i recover my system from that files without any toshiba utilities?
     You should order the recovery discs from Toshiba.
       Toshiba Europe Backup Media Online Shop
    After you have restored the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents, you should have the recovery utilities and partitions. See the A350 User's Manual (attached) for how to recover after that.
    -Jerry
    Attachments:
    SA350_EN.pdf ‏5918 KB

• Unable to Boot from New HDD ( HELP! )

Hello,
    Purchased a Seagate 500GB HDD in 2008. Just a few weeks ago, my Power Mac was no longer able to boot from it. It was the infinity gray load screen, then reboot and repeat x forever. Checked cable connections, Disk Utilities said it was 'Ok,' and even sent in the HDD to the manufacture and got a new HDD.
    Now with the new HDD installed, it continues to do the same load screen of death. Oddly, when I boot from the original 80GB that came with the Power Mac, it can read the 500GB HDD without a problem.
    Disk Utilities says its, 'Ok' still.
    What am I doing wrong?

VDEZ wrote:
    What am I doing wrong?
    Depending on Disk Utility?
    You need to give us a little better clue here. You say that you have gotten an exchange drive and you can't boot from that one. How did you get the data onto that drive? Was it a fresh system install or was it a restore from backup?
    When the failed boot is occurring, do you get the spinning-gear progress indicator, or do you not get that far?
    If you get the progress gear going, then a verbose boot (hold down cmd-V combination at power-up until you start to see "dumb terminal" output on the screen) can help diagnose the problem. If you are truly stalling during the boot, this will give you a good idea of where exactly it is stalling.

• How to recover ge620 from recovery dvd with corrupted recovery partition

i bought recently an ge620 and create recovery dvd with msi software (2 dvd)
    i want to repartition its 750 hdd with third party software and now recovery partition and the whole system have trouble and system not booting atall.
    the recovery partition is corrupted now and i have not the original win7 dvd especially product key to reinstal this x64 os .the drivers can be downloaded from oficial site.
    i try to recover laptop from revovery dvd(press f3 or f11 inserting dvd but  it read dvdrom and everything is ok until system try to read corrupted recovery partition and process fails )
    plz help me how can i recovery  this laptop with recovery dvd by FORCE the system to recover from dvd not recovery partition
    thank you

See this FAQ:
    https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/how-to-recover-your-notebook
    Select 'Fail-safe' option to recover from DVD, this will wipe all existing partitions and restore the notebook as you purchased it (all data will be destroyed).

• HDD on IdeaCentre A730 is bad. Can't clone it and I can't figure out how to restore to a new HDD

There is something wrong with the HDD, I'm assuming bad sectors. Every once in a while files won't read. I can still boot from the HDD, and all the files that are important seem to be fine. I bought a new HDD of the exact same specs to replace it, as I don't want to continue using it with the uncertainty that some file I save won't be there later.
    I thought I could clone the drive, and I've tried a few different software packages, but they all fail when they can't read a certain section of the HDD. Making a recovery USB didn't work, as it seems to expect the original HDD in the machine (it needs a certain partition that's not there on the new HDD).
    I'm willing to do a clean install but I don't see a way to do it? There aren't any windows 8 cd's, the recovery USB doesn't seem to work unless the original HDD is still there.
    Any help would be great!! 

Hi baj, welcome to the forums,
    sorry to read about your situation, you're probably right about the drive failing.  Hopefully you've backed up all your important files already; if you haven't I'd treat that as Nr. 1 priority.  When cloning I have always reverse cloned; new drive mounted in the system with the original attached through USB or whatever.  My preferred cloning software is Acronis.
    Something that has worked for me when cloning a "suspect" drive with probable defective sectors is when cloning to select a sector for sector copy, (takes longer), but also select to ignore errors during the process.  Results have been mixed and running checkdisk on the new drive has helped on occasions.
    Another "trick" which can sometimes influence / improve the process is to cool the original drive using coolbag ice pacs laid on top of the original drive in a plastc bag, so the drive doesn't get wet from the condensation, during the process.
    If the clone completes and the drive is only half way useable your USB recovery drive may work, (can't be sure on this; never been in the situation so if you get that far let me know please)
    Also there is the option to call support and request a set of recovery discs, which they may charge for, but you would definitely be able to install the new drive with them.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

Maybe you are looking for