How to turn on both LAN and Wireless T430

I need both my LAN and wireless enabled at the same time.  Can I turn them both on using Think Advantage?  I believe our IT dept has uninstalled any ThinkAdvantage software.  Which ThinkAdvantage software should I download and where do I turn both the wireless and the LAN on at?  Thank you

Windows doesn't make it easy for you to have different processes access different networks simultaneously.
You can force it to prioritize one over another as so:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/wired-and-wireless-connection...
But it's all or nothing; you use either-or.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen

Similar Messages

• How to configure use of Ethernet and wireless simultaneously, with different Windows´s?

Hello friends,
    My network has two Win XP-laptops connected via ethernet to a Dovado-router, and from the Dovado-router another ethernet cable to a Win 7 PC.
    The Win 7 PC connects to the internet via a D-Link wireless network to my ISP wireless router Huawei E589.
    Problem: the PC refuses to work with both ethernet and wireless at the same time.
    I use the ethernet for tranferring vast amounts of graphical data (astronomy photographs at 3-4 GB each), and I can only access the internet through the wireless. Neither XP nor 7 wizards are able to fix it. Both networks were visable in Network Center,
    now only the wireless is available. Ethernet is gone.
    What do I do, to make it work?

Hi,
    What's your purpose? My understanding is that you want Windows 7 PC wireless use internet and wired use Lan. If I am misunderstand please point me fault.
    For the situation you can do like this:
    1) Setting for your both routers. 
    Make sure both routers have different Router IP's and SUBNETS, you should try to set the subnet of Dovado-router to 255.255.255.252(this router should be used as local Lan, not connect to internet).
    Set the subnet of D-link to 255.255.255.0
    2) Setting For the LAN adapter. 
    Under the TCP/IP properties(Lan adapter),  please assign a unique IP address (which coincides with the subnet of Dovado-router ), set the subnet to 255.255.255.252 (or whatever you set it to Dovado-router). The very important things is that
    don't assign any GATEWAY to Lan adapter, leave it blank.
    3) Setting For the WIRELESS adapter.
    Under TCP/IP properties(wireless adapter), please assign a unique IP address (that coincides with the wireless router), set the subnet to 255.255.255.0 (or whatever the default is for the wireless router), and make sure to type gateway IP address ( D-link
    IP address).
    Now you can test if they are work normally.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards.
    Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

• I have two iPhones and synchronize with the same macbook. How I do segregate both applications and data?

I have two iPhones and synchronize with the same macbook.  How do I segregate both applications and all the data?

Hi Jamesdwills,
    Welcome to the Support Communities!
    If you are using the same Apple ID on both devices, the Game Center profile should be the same.
    Check out this information from the iPad User Guide.  Try signing out of the Game Center on both devices and then sign back in with the correct Apple ID:
    Using Game Center
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4314
    Game Center settings - iPad User Guide
    http://help.apple.com/ipad/7/#/iPad9a13d039
    Game Center settings
    Go to Settings > Game Center, where you can:
    Sign out (tap your Apple ID)
    Allow invites
    Let nearby players find you
    Edit your Game Center profile (tap your nickname)
    Get friend recommendations from Contacts or Facebook
    Specify which notifications you want for Game Center. Go to Settings > Notifications > Game Center. If Game Center doesn’t appear, turn on Notifications.
    Change restrictions for Game Center. Go to Settings > General > Restrictions.
    Cheers,
    - Judy

• LAN and Wireless Not communicate

Dear support,
    I do have a Cisco router and Juniper firewall, which allow me to connect to internet.
    Internally after the firewall, i connect it to switches and wireless AP.
    Both switch and wireless AP must be able to talk to each other, when user pc connect to LAN via switch or wifi via wireless AP
    My switch is Cisco 2960, and AP is AP1142N.
    I do have application, IPhone which install an app, call media remote, this features enable me to remote control to my music device
    IPhone connect using wifi
    Music device connect using switch
    Cisco router ------ Juniper firewall ------ Catalyst 2960 ----------- AP1142N . . . . IPhone
                                                                           |
                                                                           |
                                                                           |
                                                                     Music device
    If in above scenario, my Iphone not able to detect music device
    Cisco router ------ Juniper firewall ------ Catalyst 2960 ---------Hub ----------- AP1142N . . . . IPhone
                                                                                                         |
                                                                                                         |
                                                                                                         |
                                                                                                   Music device
    I don't understand why if i using any brand hub, example 3com, belkin, buffalo, etc, which use only as hub, just connect to my cisco switch, and both music device and AP1142N, are able to talk (iphone able to search my music device)
    If i replace the hub, as cisco switch, and use it as default setting, it not able to detect
    The connection to hub, i am using access port, as we only have one vlan.
    My configuration as below for my switch and wireless ap
    I wonder why only normal hub able this two device to communicate, but cisco not.
    Thanks

Thank a lot.
    i already enable the igmp on switch
    when i show igmp snooping at switch
    Vlan4:
    IGMP snooping                         : Enabled
    IGMPv2 immediate leave          : Disabled
    Multicast router learning mode: pim-dvmrp
    CGMP interoperability mode    : IGMP-ONLY
    Robustness variable              :2
    Last member query about      :2
    Last member query internal   : 1000
    Both vlan 1 and vlan 4 is the same
    I already try enable igmp on firewall side as well, juniperSSG140
    but still not work, anyone can help?

• Both ethernet and wireless time-out trying to connect

I'm having a problem with getting my laptops' IP assigned by dhcp. Both over ethernet and wireless.
    I have no problem connecting to my WPA connection at home, but now I'm at my parents for a week or two, it refuses to connect to their WEP network.
    To connect to my WPA network I run this script from rc.local, which works fine on startup.
    ifconfig ra0 up
    iwconfig ra0 essid *********
    iwconfig ra0 ap **:**:**:**:**:**
    iwconfig ra0 rate auto
    iwconfig ra0 channel auto
    iwconfig ra0 mode Managed
    iwconfig ra0 txpower auto
    iwpriv ra0 set AuthMode=WPAPSK
    iwpriv ra0 set EncrypType=AES
    iwpriv ra0 set WPAPSK=***************************************
    iwpriv ra0 set TxRate=0
    dhcpcd ra0
    So for the WEP network, I have commented all that out and changed rc.conf like so:
    lo="lo 127.0.0.1"
    eth0="dhcp"
    ra0="dhcp"
    wlan_ra0="ra0 essid ***** key *******************"
    WLAN_INTERFACES=(ra0)
    INTERFACES=(lo eth0 ra0)
    gateway="default gw 192.168.0.1"
    ROUTES=(!gateway)
    But when I try to connect it just returns "Error, ra0: timed out".
    I have also tried modifying rc.local (appropriately i think), but that seems to time-out too.
    This wouldn't be so bad if I had the option to connect by ethernet, but that doesnt work either! It also times out, just like the wireless. I don't think it is the router, as all the other computers in the house work fine, both wired and wireless. But I don't think it's a driver issue either, as I can see all the AP's in kismet, and also I used the ethernet port when I first installed Arch a couple of months ago. I assume it's dodgy config files or clashing commands or something, but I've looked in the wiki and other forums etc, and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
    Any help would be very appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Paul

Make sure about the addresses for the LAN the router at your parents is using - they are not necessarily the same.

• How can I print BOTH legal and letter on my duel tray printer????

How can I print BOTH legal and letter on my duel tray printer from my mac? on a pc you can choose "print according to pdf size" and the mixed document will print in both legal and letter auto-selecting the printer tray.

Hello CKAY,
    My old printer does not show 8x10 either.
    In the printing preferences under the Paper/Quality tab, do you see a "Custom" option or button? There should be one in there somewhere in your preferences.
    Click on that and create a custom size of 8 in for the width and 10 in for the length. Be sure to "Name" it 8x10 Photo and click ok.
    Now give it whatever attributes you want under the other tabs and click Apply and OK (or just OK).
    Close out the printer and open it again and the new size you created should show in the list.

• On my wireless printer can i use both usb and wireless at the same time

i tried to print from coupons,com but it will not  i have used coupons.com before with my other printer and weorked fine i have coupons.com looking into it
    just wondering if anyone else out there have the same problem

Hi,
    Same physical printer but when connecting to SAME computer using both USB and wireless it becomes two (logical) printers. Probably your default prnter is the wireless one, you have to select the right printer before print .
    Regards.
    BH
    **Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

• How do I create both endnotes and footnotes in same doc in Pages? I have iWork 2008. I understand how to create one or the other, but not both.

How do I create both endnotes and footnotes in same doc in Pages? I have iWork 2008. I understand how to create one or the other, but not both.

You have to select one or the other.
    Try making two documents and see if you can merge the .pdfs, but their will be problems with page flow, making the pages shift. Can't see it working really.
    Pages is not the only solution out there or the best for most jobs (let alone the safest). Try Word for Mac, LibreOffice (free) or any App that has the features you need.
    Peter

• How do i get both mine and my wifes iPhones to photo stream. hers is the only one doing it

how do i get both mine and my wifes iPhones to photo stream. hers is the only one doing it

The best way is to not share Apple IDs but also make sure under Settings & Messages on both devices that only one phone number is checked.

• WRT150N (New) Gateway IP stops responding to LAN and wireless clients. Hangs, stops, loss of service

WRT150N Firmware Version: v1.51.3 : From LAN and wireless connected devices, Internet connectivity is lost. I try to ping the LAN side gateway IP address from my laptop and desktop, no response. Web management does not work either. Power re-cycle of the WRT150N fixes the problem. The problem is infrequent, it can happen twice per day or once every 2 days.
    When the problem occurs,
    the DHCP info in my clients looks fine and shows the correct gateway IP address, mask etc. ;
    the desktop and laptop can still ping each other;
    The gateway is unreacheable and all out going connectivity is lost
    Does anybody have any solution or maybe has had the same experience.
    I cannot track the problem happening to any particular event or usage pattern however I am using the Azureus bit torrent client all the time.
    I have an incident raised with LinkSys Technical Support but no response so far from them.
    WRT150N Firmware Version: v1.51.3  

Hi - please go to this thread for more details:
    http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&message.id=103033#M103033
    or search for the other thread started by (fb2k). But briefly over the 1 year period since this thread started my local store replaced my wrt150n 3 times and then gave me a wrt160n which was replaced and its still having the problem. I am now running Open Source wireless software (DD-WRT) on the WRT160N and it has been up 18 days with no restart. I didnt want to do this but I got fed up taking my unit back to the store. Thanks to fb2k (on the other thread) for taking the plunge and reporting success with the DD-WRT software.
    Message Edited by NetGuy-Dubai on 08-23-2008 01:06 PM
    Message Edited by NetGuy-Dubai on 08-23-2008 01:07 PM

• How to use airport express wired and wireless at the same time

Hi,
    I currently have FiOS with Verizon, they ran a coax cable to the Verizon router. I didn't ask them to switch to CAT6 cable since I have an airport extreme base station and an airport express base station (both are the newest generation). I ran a CAT6 cable from the Verizon FiOS router to my AEBS (extreme) to make it the default wireless router. The Verizon router and extreme are in one room. Now, the Airport express is in my living. I'd like to extend the wireless network from the extreme. However, I can't seem to find a way to use both wired and wireless from the airport express at the same time. It's now either via wired, or wiresless. So is there a way to get both work?

Can you tell us if you used Apple's instructions for a "roaming" network?
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4260
    Although the instructions picture a 2nd AirPort Extreme in the illustrations, the setup instructions would be exactly the same for an AirPort Express.

• HT201272 Hey, how do I download both HD and SD versions of Movies in iTunes? HD won't play on iPod. Thanks!

Hey, how do I download both HD and SD versions of Movies in iTunes? HD won't play on iPod. Thanks!

Hi seamus860,
    I believe this article should answer your question:
    iTunes: Sync purchased HD videos to iPod or iOS device
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4223
    Have a good one!
    - Ari

• TS3697 I've this problem and don't know what to do , i'n trying to follow these steps so i'm asking how to turn off photo syncing and to sync my device

I've this problem and don't know what to do , i'n trying to follow these steps so i'm asking how to turn off photo syncing and to sync my device

As the article you attached says, "Within iTunes, select the device, then select the Photos pane and turn off syncing."
    In other words, once you click on the device in iTunes on your computer (with the iPhone attached), you then click "Photos" near the top and uncheck the "sync photos" box.
    Then you sync your device by clicking something in the lower right (it probably says "Apply", but it might say "Sync").

• How can I open both UDP and TCP ports

Hi,
    How can i open both tcp and UDP ports for an IP in Cisco ASA?
    Regards
    Ejaz

Are you referring to port opening in Cisco ASA to permit certain traffic? I believe the following document should help.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/acl_overview.html
    Adding a Standard Access List
    hostname(config)# access-list access_list_name standard {deny | permit} {any | ip_address mask}
    Example:
    hostname(config)# access-list OSPF standard permit 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/acl_standard.html
    Adding an Extended Access List
    access-list access_list_name [line line_number] [extended] {deny | permit} protocol source_address mask [operator port] dest_address mask [operator port | icmp_type] [inactive]
    Example:
    hostname(config)# access-list ACL_IN extended permit ip any any
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/acl_extended.html
    Hope this will help.

• How can i use both Windows and Mac os at the same time on my iMac

How can i use both Windows and Mac os at the same time on my iMac

You can use Parallels desktop or VM Fusion to run both operating systems at the same time. Both programs work well, but I personally perfer VM Fusion.

Maybe you are looking for