HPGL2 test print file for Designjet T520

Is there an HPGL2 test file for a DesignJet T520 36-In that I can directly send to the printer to verify settings and operation?
I am printing from Windows 7 64 bit and receiving frequent print errors relating to paper size mismatch.

Hello Richard3656,
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at HP Designjet ePrint and Share.
I hope this helps!
JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

Similar Messages

• Download printer files for j4550

lost cd printer files for Officejet J4550 all-in-one  have imac os 10.4 - had a problem with it and apple reinstalled all files, now I find I can print anyt;hing from computer 

Hi,
    Make sure to plug the USB cable first, then install the Full Feature Software below:
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL22288/mp-58822-2/OJ_J4500_Mac.dmg
    Regards,
    Shlomi
    Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
    If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution

• I give up! Can I send someone the ID CS3 file and print file for Help

I have done everything I possibly can (given I am no where near expert), and can not figure this printing out.
    I have a food menu that is on 11 x 17 (will be tri fold) ID file with a border. The border is a "Placed" PSD file into a separate ID layer.
    Even though it looks perfect on the screen, I can not get it to print properly using an Epson Stylus 1400 series printer (wide body).
    The border does not print correctly.
    I can (and will if you want), print the menu to a file and send it to someone (along with the ID CS3 file and PSD file) to see if someone can tell me what stupid things I am doing.
    I also believe I can print to a file, then bring the printed file up on the screen and do a Snagit Screen Grab to upload to pixentral.com If this is possible, you will see how the border did not print correctly. I would also take a screen grab of the ID CS3 menu file so you can see how the border is perfect.
    I am hoping someone with a wide body printer can load 11 x 17 paper and try to see what I am doing wrong. I am printing it on 11 x 17, landscape, centered borderless stock and it looks good in preview mode.
    Any and all help would be appreciated. At least I don't have those OOLLM phantom lines like I did on my last plea for help.
    Bob

Hmmm.
    Looking at the last picture, I see what is going to be a bit of a problem for you, I think. Do you really have a thin red line around the outside of the yellow border?
    Here's how bleeds work, and why they are set up the way they are. Printing, and more importantly, trimming, is done on mechanical equipment. Paper sizes may or may not be entirely uniform in a stack, or there may be minor alignment issues when jogging the stack, or there may be dust build-up, or any number of other little things that conspire to keep a stack of prints from being 100% perfectly aligned with each other, or a cutter setting may be off by a few thousandths of an inch making the trim larger than intended. In such cases there is a possibility that color intended to run all the way to the edge of the page may in fact stop short of the trimmed edge, leaving the paper showing.
    To hide this, and that's all you are doing, hiding misalignments, areas of color at the edge of the page are extended beyond the page boundary, typically 1/8" in the US, so that the excess color will fill what would otherwise be a blank area after trimming. InDesign Allows you to set up a "Bleed Area" in the document setup, which adds a colored guide around the page for easy reference, and also allows you to check the "use Bleed Area" checkbox in the print dialog so you don't need to specify it manually.
    Now for why that narrow red line is a problem, if it is really there. Printing presses typically can maintain sheet to sheet registration that is very accurate, but desktop printers are often off by as much as 1/16" in either direction from sheet to sheet. Further, there can be some paper stretching during the printing process, and the aforementioned dust build-up or slight errors in cutter setup, which can cause the paper to be trimmed slightly inside the intended mark. Also consider that if the paper is cut outside the mark on one edge, it will be cut the same distance inside on the opposite side.
    So, if you have a thin line on the edge of the page, you need to be very accurate in both sheet-to-sheet registration AND in cutter setup or you risk cutting off the line on one or two edges completely, and leaving more than you planned on the opposite edges. The thinner the border is, the greater the risk of cutting it off, and the more small differences in position will show. (The difference between 1/16 and 1/8 is much more obvious than the difference between 1/16 and 3/8 )
    As a corollary, jobs that bleed need to have a safe zone, or "live area" that is smaller than the page dimension by at least the amount of the bleed allowance all around so that trimming at the outside of the bleed on one edge doesn't end up cutting off something important on the opposite edge. The easiest way I can think of to visualize this is to think of trimming as if you were putting an open frame the finished size on top of the print, and you move it around so that the hole exposes more on one edge while hiding the opposite edge the same amount.
    Peter

• Printing help, colour changes when i print files for second time

Hi, iv designed a thank you card that i want to print off multiple times, iv saved it, happy with it, did a test print and it looked fine, i then went to print off a second copy and the colour had changed to a much lighter tone, so i assumed the ink was running low and changed the ink, went to print it again, and its still the same pale colour, any help anyone, thanks in advance

Hi, thanks. Do you mean Save As - Photoshop PDF, or... how are you referring to doing that? 
    (Thank you for this!  I had taken to making screenshots for pete's sake, though this change happened suddenly, so ... I have no idea why printing to PDF suddenly didn't work and it seems it should be "repairable".)

• I am looking for a ppd print file for the laserjet 400 M401dn running under cups on ubuntu.

laserjet 400 M401dn
    Ubuntu 10.04/11.04/12.04 under CUPS 1.5

Hi jewels123,
    You can find HP Linux OS based printer support for your printer by clicking the link below.
    http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_400_m401dn.html
    For more information about HP with open source support visit the links below.
    Open Source and Linux from HP
    http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/linux/products/printing_imaging/
    HP Linux Imaging and Printing: Print, Scan and Fax Drivers for Linux
    http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
    Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
    Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"; therefore, it's easier for others to find.
    I am an HP employee.

• Converting Illustrator CC (Test version) files for Illustrator CS 6

Hi there,
    perhaps someone can help me:
    I have created files in illustrator CC (test version) which I can not open any more in Illustrator cs6 version.
    How can I save these files in order to be compatible for the newest version cs6?
    Thanks.

immerlachende,
    I am afraid you may lose some of the features by going through EPS, depending on your artwork.
    It may be worth trying the relevant among these (especially 1) - 4), hopefully not 6)):
    You may try the following (you may have tried/done some of them already) and see whether it helps (the following is a general list of things you may try when it is not in a specific file; 3) and 4) are specifically aimed at possibly corrupt preferences):
    1) Close down Illy and open again;
    2) Restart the computer;
    3) Close down Illy and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (easy but irreversible);
    4) Move the folder with Illy closed (more tedious but also more thorough and reversible);
    5) Look through and try out the relevant among the Other options (Item 7) is a list of usual suspects among other applications that may disturb and confuse Illy);
    Even more seriously, you may:
    6) Uninstall, run the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall.
    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

• Can Someone Please test a file for me in DW8 on a Mac?

This is a long-shot and I know I'm asking a lot.
    I have been trying to help someone in America with a page going from table-based layout to CSS.  I'm in the UK.
    So I sent him a .zip and he gets a screwed up page in DW8 but can view it in his browser.  I first asked about this in this thread.  Paula's been really helpful but if I can find someone with DW8 on a Mac that might help us identify what might be going wrong between us.  I'd need to send you the .zip and ask you to put the folder in a site to see how DW8 likes it.  The page validates, is pretty straight-forward and holds up for me in IE5 through 8 and FF.
    It shouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks
    Martin
    [Edit]  I don't want to post a link to a live page because it's not my site and that seems rude.  But if anyone is interested, I can provide a live link by PM.

Hi grimmylina,
    I tried down saving the file but there is no option for CS5.5.
    Did saved file to CS5. Hope you can open it fine as well.
    https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/00754e78-9ad3-4b94-b35d-bac4b11a0929
    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Sumit Singh

• Test a file for any contents ??

Hi !
    In my java app, I would like to check if a file has anything inside it ....
    ..... and to return a true or false
    How can this be done?
    THANKS !

as speed is important .... i would guess that
    simply checking the "size" of the file would bebest
    way for this.Are U asking to use File.length() method? It returns
    0 if file doesn't exit.
    May be I should add a condition to check whether a
    file exits,Will your program behave differently if the file doesn't exist vs. if it exists but is empty?
    also whether it is a directoryPresumably the caller of your method should know that it only makes sense to call it with a file argument, not a directory. So you could either just allow whatever exception will natrually be thrown when you try to process it like a file, or you could check for it being a directory and throw IllegalArgumentException.
    Look at the API docs for java.io.File to find the method to check whether it's a directory.

• Designjet T520 will only print one page.

Hi, Brand new Windows 8 HP PC printing to a Designjet T520, will only print one page.I have met this problem on laserjets in the past and resolved it by enabling/disabling mopier mode.However none of the drivers I have tried (many) for the Designjet T520 have the option to turn on or off Mopier Mode. After many hours spent troubleshooting, I formatted and installed the Windows 8 machine again from scratch.Even with this brand new install on a bran new PC, I still cannot print multiple copies to the designjet. In the same office, 3 other Windows 8 machines are printing fine to the same plotter and can print mutliple copies. The driver versions are the same on all machines. Hope someone can help.Thanks.

This forum is focused on consumer level products.  For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP DesignJet forum here, that is where the DesignJet experts can be found.

• How to avoid TEST PRINT page

Dear All,
    How to aviod the test print page in printing. I am getting SAP cover page(test print page) for every time I am printing. I ma using the following code.
      CASE sy-ucomm.
        WHEN 'PRNT'.
          DATA: l_params TYPE pri_params,
                l_valid TYPE c,
                l_arc_params TYPE arc_params.
              l_params-prsap = 'X'.
          CALL FUNCTION 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS'
            EXPORTING
              destination            = 'LPIN'
              copies                 = 1
             list_name              = 'TEST'
             list_text              = 'Test NEW-PAGE PRINT ON'
              immediately            = 'X'
              layout                 = 'X_65_132'
              line_count             = 65
              line_size              = 220
              release                = 'X'
              mode                   = 'CURRENT'
              no_dialog              = 'X'
            IMPORTING
              out_parameters         = l_params
              valid                  = l_valid
            EXCEPTIONS
              archive_info_not_found = 1
              invalid_print_params   = 2
              invalid_archive_params = 3
              OTHERS                 = 4.
          NEW-PAGE PRINT ON   PARAMETERS l_params NO DIALOG.
          PERFORM display_data.
          NEW-PAGE PRINT OFF.
      ENDCASE.
    Thanks,
    Ranjan

Hi,
    Just check it out. I m printed report directly instead of display.
    w_destination = 'LOCL'.
        CALL FUNCTION 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS'
          EXPORTING
            destination    = w_destination
            layout         = 'X_58_170'
            no_dialog      = 'X'
          IMPORTING
            out_parameters = params
            valid          = valid.
        IF valid <> space.
    ALL DISPLAY PARAMETER RIGHT ON PRINTER
          NEW-PAGE PRINT ON PARAMETERS params NO DIALOG.
        ELSE.
    GIVE ERROR PRINTER DESTINATION IS NOT VALID
          MESSAGE s208(00) WITH text-010.
        ENDIF.
      ENDIF.
    User write stament, That will dirctly go for print.
    OFF THE PRINTING AFTER REPORT IS DISPLAY
      IF valid <> space.
        NEW-PAGE PRINT OFF.
      ENDIF.
    it may sortout ur problem.
    Regard,
    Vinod

• Test Print

to make sure i have install the printer how do I test print? For wireless printing

Hello Lynda
     If you,ve set up the printer send it as an email. I take it youre talking about eprint, right?

• HT3669 I only have a HP printer and why I need to install a file for all the HP printers drivers 590MB??? if normally the size of my file should be 5MB.  some one could me help to avoid installation of 590MB for my new mountain lion software???

Hi guys..!!
    I would like to know if someone could help on this:
    I just have a HP printer (HP Designjet 100) and for some reason I need to install a file for all the HP printers drivers in total 590MB to be able to use my printer in my mountain lion???
    If normally the size of my files in the for previous software was more or less 5MB why now i need to install 590?
    Some one could help me how to avoid installation of 590MB for my new mountain lion software???
    Thanks

If you go to http://support.apple.com/downloads and locate the HP Printer Drivers installer, you will find that it is 473.4 MB (for version 2.11). If you install this, it will install the full set of drivers for every model of HP printer that is supported by the drivers distributed through Apple. The disk space occupied once installed will probably be larger than the download, since the downloaded file is compressed.
    On the other hand, if you have an HP printer connected and you use Software Update (or the Update tab in App Store), that should offer you a much smaller set of HP drivers, which are only applicable to your printer (and possibly a few similar ones). These updates are typically only tens of megabytes rather than hundreds of megabytes.
    If Software Update doesn't offer you any HP drivers then it either thinks you have the latest drivers installed already, or the printer model is not supported by the drivers available from Apple.
    This article lists all of the printer models for which Apple distributes the driver:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669

• Looking for automated way to test print PnP printer after install then delete

At times we test 20 to 30 printers in a day. I am looking for automated ways to increase the efficiency of this. I would like to simply have the printer install using PnP print a test page then delete itself after the test page or on removal. Are there any settings that can be changed on the computer to change the PnP process to make this possible. I am currently trying to learn and understand the Plug and play process so that I may find out how to get started. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    This topic first appeared in the Spiceworks Community

Chris
    I spent all day Googling and doing side by side comparisons of my old and new systems.
    My display is a Dell U2410. It has several presets, including sRGB and Adobe RGB. I've been using sRGB.
    On my OLD system, (Win XP, PsCS2, DwCS4) there seems to be no distinction between color managed and non color managed apps, even on this wide gamut display. I could capture (digital camera) in Adobe RGB, open and edit in PsCS2, save as .psd, convert to CMYK for print, or convert to sRGB for SFW. All images looked identical and they printed and displayed perfectly. I thought this was normal, and seemed logical. This also seems to be the source of my incorrect assumptions. I was trying to get my new machine to behave like my old one.
    So I get this new machine (Windows 7, PsCS5, DwCS5) and now (still in sRGB display mode) all color managed apps appear de-saturated. Non color managed apps are OK. If I switch the display to Adobe RGB, color managed apps are OK, but non color managed apps are way too saturated. From my investigation, I believe this is normal behavior on a wide gamut display. I've tried changing the Control Panel > Display > Screen Resolution > Advanced settings > Color Management options, but to no avail. Either I'm missing something, or Windows 7 is doing color management differently.
    It seems my only option now is to use Adobe RGB display setting for Ps, etc. and switch to sRGB for Dw and non color managed apps. Or, have 2 separate files for print and web. I've Googled 'til my eyes are numb and still not sure I'm getting this. Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.
    Finally, I don't see an edit function here, so I can't remove my previous incorrect reply. Moderator, please feel free to do so.
    Thanks

• Designjet t520 36 inch spits out long paper feed instead of printing

Product is HP Designjet T520 36" Plotter. 36" roll paper installed.  Printing from Adobe Acrobat, large size maps, prints at 35" x 60". Sending the print to the plotter causes the plotter to spit out a large, blank paper instead of printing. Do not get error message.
    Help ~ this is wasting an entire roll of paper! There is no way to cancel or stop the plotter when it feeds large, blank sheets instead of printing.
    We have tried different settings. Updated the firmware today. Very frustrated ~ can someone please help?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

@Jennifer_Kate 
    ‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).
    If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.
    Thank you,
    Omar
    I Work for HP

• Is there any best practice for printer configuration for test environment?

My Oracle ebs test environment has a scheduled refresh period where it will be refreshed with production test data and configuration time to time for BA, Dev to work on their enhancement.
    However, all the printer configurations are still pointing to production ones after refreshed, which means whenever there is a testing on-going, the doc / label / invoices will be printed to production printer.
    May I know if there is a way to globally change all the printer setup for the test environment, so that nothing will be directly to production?... Please assist.
    (currently, the only way is to change one by one and only if you are aware of it...)
    In case your organization has any other strategy on this matter, pls share also... Thanks a lot.

user6775047 wrote:
    My Oracle ebs test environment has a scheduled refresh period where it will be refreshed with production test data and configuration time to time for BA, Dev to work on their enhancement.
    However, all the printer configurations are still pointing to production ones after refreshed, which means whenever there is a testing on-going, the doc / label / invoices will be printed to production printer.
    May I know if there is a way to globally change all the printer setup for the test environment, so that nothing will be directly to production?... Please assist.
    (currently, the only way is to change one by one and only if you are aware of it...)
    In case your organization has any other strategy on this matter, pls share also... Thanks a lot.If you do not want to use same printers then you have to it to point to the (TEST/BA Printers) after you are done with Rapid Clone. Any new printers need to be added manually (just the same way you defined you PROD printers) -- Rapid Clone Documentation Resources For Release 11i and 12 [ID 799735.1]
    If you want to edit the configuration, you could use FNDLOAD to download printers definition from the source instance, update the ldt file and use FNDLOAD to upload printers definitions.
    Is It Possible To Download/Upload Printer Definitions Using Fndload [ID 432616.1]
    Tips About FNDLOAD [ID 735338.1]
    Thanks,
    Hussein

Maybe you are looking for

• 5200: Error executing query: ColumnOutOfRange

I'm getting the following error message when running a Hyperion report: 5200: Error executing query: ColumnOutOfRange A report is running for some dimensions, but not others. What causes this error? Running 11.1.1.3 Edited by: 919018 on 06-Mar-2012 0

• TS30000020 - IDOC error message

Hi All, In our production system, we had some workflows got stuck up with SWF_RUN 609 error message. So i tried using SWPC transcation to resume those workflows. I worked fine. But some did not show up in SWPC and so i used SAP_WAPI_ADM_WORKFLOW_RESU

• I cann't find the instance under the SAPMMC ?

Hi, every expert, I installed a SAP IDES4.71 on my windows XP system,  but now I couldn't find the instance under the SAPMMC , Could u tell me how to get it back ? Thank you very much in advance, B.R Michael

• Incremental Numbering for File Names

I've been trying to wrap my head around this problem all day. So I've found two very helpful scripts on this forum: here and here. The second one works, but I'd like to be able to direct where the files are saving to and I'd like to save them as .tif

• Fiz for Iphone Turned off and wont turn on

I read all the posts and apprectaie them all so much.  This happened to me 2 times and got 2 new phones on the insurance plan.  THEN I tried holding down the on/off button and the round bottom center button at the same time.  VIOLA!  My phone had bee