I have an hp presario notebook cq60 111em, with a 2ghz intel celeron, can i fit a core 2 duo t7250,

Can i fit a T250 (sla49) CORE 2 DUO 2ghz 800mhz into my HP COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ60 111EM.
AT this moment in time it has an Intel celeron 575 @ 2.00ghz.
Two GB of memory, and BIOS F.65,
The operating system has been upgraded to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.

Hi:
Probably not.
You probably have the Intel GL-40 chipset in your notebook which primarily is for celeron processors.
There is one model G60 that I know of that has a T3400 Pentium processor in it with the 667 MHz FSB.
I note that the specs for the GL-40 chipset can take celeron processors with an 800 MHz FSB, but I think a T7250 will not work because it isn't listed anywhere in the service manual as an option -- even for those notebooks with the GM-45 chipset.
My opinion for what it is worth, is that you may be able to install the T5800 or T5900 processor in your notebook.
You may even want to be real safe and try the T5750.
You may find my dialog with this forum member of use to you as well.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware-Upgrades-Replacements/I-have-a-CQ60-214dx-laptop-I-would-like-...
Paul

Similar Messages

• HT201364 I have OS X version 10.6.8 with 1 GB memory.  Can I purchase and download additional memory online?

I have OS X v 10.6.8 with 1 GB memory.  Can I purchase & download more memory and upgrade to Mavericks?  I just want my photos on iCloud.  Please help.  If it's not worth the purchase b/c the computer is too old, should I just spend ~$70 for a flash drive with 128GB & copy my iPhoto library to that?  If I do so, will I be able to access the photos when I purchase a new Mac desktop or Macbook?  Appreciate any & all feedback.

Check that your computer is compatible with Mountain Lion/Mavericks.
    To check the model number hold down the option/alt key, go to the Apple menu and select System Information.
    iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) model number 7,1 or higher
    Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported after 10.6.      
    Application Compatibility
    Applications Compatibility (2)
    If you can/do upgrade, I recommend you make a copy of the installer and move it out of your Applications folder. The installer self-destructs. The copy will keep you from having to download the installer again.  You can make a bootable USB stick to install using this free program.
    Bootable USB Flash Drive – Diskmaker X
    The 2 places I’ve seen recommended most to buy reliable RAM are below. I have purchased RAM several times from Other World Computing and have always been very satisfied with the product and service.
    Crucial
    Other World Computing

• HT204088 When trying to update an app, it partially downloads and then displays the message "unable to download item" Please try again later. This happens on any app I try. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling with same results. What can I do?

When trying to update an app, it partially downloads and then displays the message "unable to download item" Please try again later. This happens on any app I try. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling with same results. What can I do?

I have the same thing happening on my iPod Touch 5th gen. Been happening for at least a month. I have updated to the most recent version of iOS which hasn't solved the issue. Must be a bug that they didn't get around to resolving yet, a year later. Really annoying to have it pop up when you are in the middle of a game though.

• I have Macbook Pro 15 inch; late 2008  with OS X Lion.  can his machine be upgraded to maverick?

I have Macbook Pro 15 inch; late 2008  with OS X Lion.  can his machine be upgraded to maverick?

Yes as long as you backup your data and check compatibility here:
    https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6131

• My iphone doesnt want to start.all it shows is the apple icon.nothing more.i have tried holding the home button together with the lock button.what can i do .thanks

my iphone 4 doesnt want to start . all it shows is the apple icon.i have tried holding the home button together with the lock button. nothing seems to work . please help.

Plug the iPhone in with the Wall Charger. Then while plugged in do the Reset again, hold both Home and Power buttons until the iPhone Restarts. This usually begins to happen in less than 20 seconds time.
    If you this does not work you can try to Restore the Firmware on your iPhone. If you decide to do this, connect your iPhone to your computer with iTunes open. Hold both the Home and Power buttons until the iPhone is detected by iTunes in Recovery Mode, this takes about 20 seconds time. Restore your iPhone.
    If this does not work, you can try to Restore the Firmware on your iPhone in DFU Mode. Connect your iPhone to your computer with iTunes open. Hold both Home and Power buttons for exactly 10 seconds, release the Power Button and keep holding the Home Button until iTunes recognizes the iPhone in Recovery Mode, about 20 seconds more time. Restore the iPhone.
    If this does not work and you have Warranty or AppleCare Coverage take your iPhone to Apple for resolution of the problem.

• HT204587 Do i have to use the Fingerprint identity sensor with the iphone 5s or can i opt for a passcode only?

Hi,
    Do I have to use the Fingerprint identity sensor with the new iPhone 5S or can i simply opt for a passcode only?

You can have passcode only. That is what I do with my phone.

• My iphoto library folder with files of my pictures is missing from the pictures folder, only the application icon remains.  I have read through similar discussions but have not managed to fix the problem with the recommended solutions.  Can anyone help?

I have a Macbook Pro with iphoto '08 running on Mac OS X version 10.5.8.  I used to be able to go to my pictures folder on my HD and access my pictures via that iphoto library folder.  There used to be a small arrow next to the iphoto icon with all the albums then listed within the folder (to the right).  That arrow is now gone and all I have is the iphoto application icon which just reopens iphoto when I click on it, but I want to be able to access the data files.  Somehow I do have files btwn 2008 and 2009 but it hasn't created these since then...Could someone please help me to restore this ability?  I have read other similar posts but they seem to be related to lost data all together and I do luckily have all my pictures in iphoto still. I just can't access them in the pictures folder which means I can't access them on my external hard drive.  I am now out of start up disc space somehow so I figured I had to delete some albums (I have 12,090 pictures) and do have them backed up but want to make sure I can go back for them when I need them.  I did export all the pictures to a folder on the hard drive but it is all 12,090 in one long list with only numbers as names and not in any order, this will be a nightmare to access later!  Please help!  Thank you!

You can’t open your current photo library using this version of iPhoto.
    That indicates that that is your library.  Put it in your Pictures folder if it already isn't there and make sure it's named "iPhoto Library".  It should look like this:
    Now launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and select that library to open.  If you get that same message close iPhoto and try the following;
    Apply the two fixes below in order as needed:
    Fix #1
    Launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.
    Select the options identified in the screenshot. 
    Fix #2
    Using iPhoto Library Manager  to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library
    Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
    Click on the Add Library button, navigate to your Home/Pictures folder and select your iPhoto Library folder.
    Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the File ➙ Rebuild Library menu option
    In the next  window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
    Click on the Create button.
    Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments but not books, calendars or slideshows. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

• HT202213 I have a new computer we set up with itunes home sharing. Can I add music to this new computer sync my iphone and ipod to it instead of the original computer. I'm not sure if it makes a difference if I have a different apple id than with our orig

I have a new computer that we set up with itunes home sharing and I need some assistance. I also have my own apple id and would like to make the new computer the one I use for my music. Should I set up a whole new itunes library/account or still work with the home sharing?

Correct. When you update via iTunes all synced media that is not in your iTunes library will be lost.
    As IO said before:
    You can redownload most iTunes pruchases by:
    Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store
    I do not think it included audio books.

• HT1800 how do I install a wireless printer to my iMac that doesn't have a cd drive. It comes with a cd but I can't use it. I have tried to download the driver online but not sure what to do now...

I have a Brother HL-2270DW that is wirless and it comes with an installation CD. But I don't have an external CD DRive for my imac. I have downloaded the driver online but I don't what to do from here. I suppose if I had the cd drive it would take me through it step by step but I can't.

You posted in the OS 10.3 (pre year 2000) forum instead of the OS 10.8 forum. To get answers to your question, next time post in the proper forum. See https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa  I'll request that Apple relocate your post.
     Cheers, Tom

• HT4859 If I have three devices backed up to iCloud with the same apple Id can I delete two of them and not lose it

I share the same apple Id with my two girls and my iPhone tells me my iCloud storage is almost full. When I go to manage my storage my girls iPods show up. If I delete them will they lose their iCloud storage

Hi...
    If you delete the backups it will not delete any content from their device, however the data will be removed from iCloud.
    It will also prevent the devices from backing up to iCloud in future, unless this is re-enabled.

• TS3938 if i have stored items written in word documents with picture and text how can i open them and print/

what other formats or apps can i now word processand cut and paste photos on ?

Control click on your file> see your "Open With" options.

• I have a 6 month old top of the line iPad 4 I can't figure out. IN ANY WAY!

Today I get in my emal something about refunds for people whose children have charges up apps to my account with iTunes. Well I can't even find WHERE on my iPAD I have the icon FOR iTUNES!  I see people show it as a blue symbol with notes and it says iTunes.  My iPad does NOT have that. YET when I try to go download it from the iTunes store it says that iTUNES came with my iPAD so where is it??
    There is a RED emblum with a double note but it says MUSIC!   Is that the same thing as the iTunes?  
    What is the task manager? And where you do find that?
    I get no answers on anything as to how to work this thing and it is extremely upsetting.  I paid $1,200 for this iPad and my husband paid the same amount and got a REALLY NICE DELL and I have this thing I can't even use! Then on top of it when you write something like this you get an email from the Apple/ Mac people saying they took your post off because it was not positive enough for them - so how do you find out anything?
    Aloha Antoinette 

islandantoinette wrote:
    Today I get in my emal something about refunds for people whose children have charges up apps to my account with iTunes. Well I can't even find WHERE on my iPAD I have the icon FOR iTUNES!
    islandantoinette here is a copy of Apple's email (click the image below to enlarge it):
    The operative words are "Check your email for iTunes receipts or use a computer to sign in to your iTunes account ..."
    I trust that answers that question.
    What is the task manager?
    An iPad has no such thing. It has no Start button either. You can draw no comparison to a Windows PC because an iPad isn't a Windows PC; it's an entirely different category of product. It's like comparing a microwave oven to a barbecue grill - they both cook stuff, but that's where the comparisons end. If you want a Windows PC there are plenty of cheap things from which to choose for which you must tolerate ctrl-alt-del when you log in every time, among other indignities. PCs have had well over a quarter century of refinement, so you'll know what to expect.
    I have seen everyone from nonagenarians to two - year olds pick up an iPad and use it in seconds. Literally. I can't say the same about any PC. Both iOS devices as well as Macs also incorporate a robust range of accessibility options to accommodate people with limited sight, hearing, or other challenges both physical and mental. I understand your frustration with learning to use a radically new and different device, but it seems to me anyone in your circumstance given a PC for the first time would be facing a practically insurmountable challenge. Besides, wouldn't be worth the effort since the popularity of PCs is diminishing rapidly in the face of iOS devices the market clearly prefers.
    I'm still trying to understand how it was possible to spend $1200 on a top of the line iPad whose suggested retail price could not have exceeded $929. If you purchased AppleCare+ that would add $99. Sales taxes would have had to be 17% for your total purchase price to be $1200. Is that correct?
    The reason for asking is that if you purchased AppleCare, complimentary customer support regarding any subject is extended beyond the initial 90 days for the duration of the AppleCare agreement. You can call AppleCare and discuss any iPad-related subject with them at length, at no additional cost. You will find Apple's representatives incredibly patient and will work with you for as long as possible, weeks or months if necessary, to resolve any question you may have with your iPad. No other company on Earth can come close to the quality of support that Apple offers its customers.
    The point is that you have many, many support options from which to choose. All you have to do is avail yourself of them.
    Good luck.

• HT5622 Can I have more than one apple id associated with my itunes

Can I have more than one apple id associated with my itunes

Yes.
    You can authorize a computer for up to 5 accounts, I believe

• Pages are not printing out correctly. I have tried to fix in the options, with no luck. It prints out with spaces in between the letters.

When I go to print any page from an email, webpage, pdf file..the pages print out very wide fonts to the point where it is unreadable. I have tried to fix in the options with no luck. I can provide you with visuals if you need me to.

Thanks very much! It works! The print / review print - print works like it is supposed to. The print is corrected and works great. Thanks again.

• How to connect my CQ60 notebook to TV with "HDMI to RCA" cable?

Hi there
    I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-213TU notebook computer which has an HDMI port. I bought an "HDMI to 3RCA+VGA" cable from ebay. I was able to connect my laptop to the extenal display with VGA, but when i tried to connect my laptop to my non HD tv it did not connect.
    Has anyone got a solution how to connect my laptop to my tv with "HDMI to 3RCA" cable.
    Please reply asap.
    Thanks

you said it did not connect. what do you mean. what was displayed? what input did you have the tv on? need more info than "did not connect"
    click Kudos to say thanks if I helped

Maybe you are looking for

• Adiantamento de Cliente em nf com itens só imposto

Prezados Colegas, Estou enfrentando um problema com a rotina de adiantamento: Temos uma NF de saida onde temos itens com a flag só imposto marcada e itens sem a flag marcada. Quando adiciono o adiantamento e tento visualizar o lançamento contábil rec

• Can someone help me figure out why this didn't work?

I recently gave my iMac to my nieces....I erased and reinstalled the osx from my disks that came with the program. They HAD one of the Mac Minis (an old one...g4 I think). When we started up the iMac, I used the Firewire connection to transfer all th

• What are the Flash alternatives for iphone and ipad?

Hello, I would like to know what could be the Flash alternatives for iphone, ipod, and ipad. I would like to create iphone applications that have 3D animation I usually create with Flash. But since Apple does not support the use of flash, I need to k

• Apache CGI not Working

For some reason scripts, including the ones packaged with FMIS 3.5.2, are not executing in the script alias defined in httpd.conf. When I access a cgi script from a browser it simply prints the code to the screen, but I can execute the scripts from t

• I recently upgraded to an iPod Classic 160 to hold my music collection

I would like to be able to pass my old iPod 30 on to someone who can use it.  I would like to know if I reset the old iPod to its factory settings, will someone else to able to rename it, sync it with their own computer and content, and otherwise use