Ical events 3 hours off using isync w/ Palm Tungsten T3

Hello there, I've recently started having trouble syncing my mac with my Tungsten T3. All of my ical scheduled events - present, future and even past - have jumped ahead by three hours.
The problem began after I installed Leopard 10.5. I've since reverted back to Tiger 10.4 because of several compatibility problems. But, now all of my events are 3 hours off and some of my tasks aren't syncing to my handheld and vice versa. I've install and updated the daylight savings time update from palm.com and reset my Tungsten T3 several times but I'm still have the same problem after a sync.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Janeen

After looking more closely at the .ics files exported by Oracle Calendar I see that events are exported as if they were GMT; iCal is, indeed, showing the appointments at the correct local time. This makes my first two questions irrelevant.
However, question #3 still remains: why or how does the original GMT stamp persist after manually setting an event's time zone to local time, "America/Denver"?

Similar Messages

• ICal events being deleted when syncing with Palm Zire 21

I have been syncing my Palm Zire 21 with iCal successfully for over a year with few problems. A few weeks ago I noticed that almost, but not all of the events on both the Palm device and iCal more than three months old were gone. Then, a few weeks later, I noticed that the events suddenly were all back in the iCal application, but not on the Palm device.
    But this week, I used HotSync (as usual) to sync iCal and the Palm device, and the events were gone again. Now I am wondering what on Earth I am doing to cause this. I have read the articles about setting up to sync. I double-checked to be sure I have been syncing the way that is outlined in the instructions in the help articles.
    I must have missed something vital. I have been backing up my iCal to my .Mac account using Backup. I am thinking that I can restore the iCal events using my last backup. Can I? And how do I keep this from happening again?
    MacBook Pro   Mac OS X (10.4.10)   "OS10.4.10" "iSync 2.4" "iCal 2.0.5" "Hotsync 3.1"

Found the issue for me. The events are not deleted, but filtered in the standard calendar view. The iPhone shows everything as it should. Outlook 2003 has all the events to as seen when going to categories view.
    It seems that once events pass on the iPhone and then a sync via iTunes to Outlook 2003 the "All Day Event" field is removed from the calendar entry.
    Creating another Day/Week/Month View in outlook 2003 that has a filter to only include calendar entries where the "All Day Event" field "does not exist" will allow viewing the "hidden" past events.
    Hopefully this will be fixed VERY SOON.

• Events from my subscribed to Yahoo calendar are showing up in iCal one hour off and all calendars and computers have been reset to Central Time.

I Use Yahoo calendar as my main calendar so my dh can access it from work, so I subscribe to it for iCal. I recently moved from Eastern Time zone to Central. I didn't re-set all my calendars and apps right away. I have all my calendars and computers on Central Time now but events from my Yahoo calendar are showing up in Eastern Time in iCal. I cant edit them on my Mac or iPad because they're events from a subscribed to calendar.
    So, how do I get these events to show up at the right time?
    Thanks,
    Reluctant Texan

This is a posting of a problem and solution.

• Ical 1 hour off?

Traveling and while my Iphone and Ipad calendars are fine, my air calendars are coming in one hour early. I've tried multiple things. Suggestions?

From the menu bar, select
    Calendar ▹ Preferences ▹ Advanced
    and check the box marked
    Turn on time zone support
    Then, from the menu in the upper right corner of the Calendar window, select your desired time zone.

• In mail "create new ical event" has stopped appearing in ical

Please help! I love clicking on data in email to bring up the "Create New iCal Event" box, and using it to put new events into my ical calendar. But recently when I "Create New iCal Event" from an email, and click "add to iCal" the window closes but the event doesn't show up in iCal. I can still add events by clicking on a calendar date in iCal and typing them in, but the link between Mail and iCal seems to be broken. How can I fix it?
    Could this be related to how Firefox recently broke? Foxfire will not save bookmarks any more, either, I click on "Bookmarks," then "Bookmark this page". The window closes but the bookmark does not save. Also, the forward/backward browser arrows no longer work on Foxfire.

Could you be more specific? What happens (or fails to happen?)

• What is best solution for using a Palm Tungsten 2 on a Windows 7 computer?

Driven by the end of XP, I purchased an HP Z230 Workstation running Windows 7 Professional.   I'd like to get my Palm Tungsten 2 working, and I've heard several options here on doing that.
    OPTIONS
    A.  Use Palm Desktop 6.2 with Bluetooth for hotsync.  (I've done this already with a Win7 laptop, but I use the Note Pad utility a lot with some macros, which unfortunately is not supported on  Desktop v6.2).
    B.  Use Palm Desktop 4.1.4 in a virtual Windows XP environment running under Win 7.  I know I can do that, and that is probably my fallback.  However, Microsoft suggests that you disconnect from the Internet any time you use the Virtual XP, because it may be susceptible to hacking since they don't support XP anymore.   So that will be an added nuisance that I will probably forget to do.
    C.  Use the Aceeca USB driver to make Desktop 4.1.4 work.  I tried following the instructions here to do that, but when Hotsync fails, it never shows up as a yellow triangle in the device manager list, even after I followed the trick to make hidden devices visible.  So I have not been able to even try the Aceeca driver with Palm 4.1.4 yet.
    D.  Install the Aceeca Desktop 4.1 and update to their driver.  I could try this (uninstall Palm 4.1.4 and install Aceeca 4.1) but it looks like it depends on the same process to update the driver as my option C just above.  So I'm thinking I may run into the same roadblock as C.
    Questions:
    Does anyone have any other ideas of how to get the Aceeca driver hooked up to Palm Desktop 4.1.4 that I could try?
    Does anyone know if Aceeca Desktop supports the Note Pad facility if I try option D?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Terry
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Palm Blue,
    Thanks for weighing in!
    Here is what I know so far.   I use the Palm Desktop 4.1 on my Win XP computer, and have no problems syncing my Tungsten T2 with USB Hotsyncs.
    I've also successfully hotsynced the T2 to a Win7 Pro laptop computer using Palm Desktop 6.2. and Bluetooth.
    My goal, which sounds like you have already accomplished, is to install Palm Desktop 4.1.4 on my new Win7 Pro desktop, so that I can sync with the T2 and get the Note Pad functionality also.   This is like my "OPTION C." 
    Did you have to use the Aceeca driver to make this work on your computer, or were you able to do it with the Palm driver?  One other person reported elsewhere having gotten 4.1.4 working on a 64 bit Win7 installation, and he made no mention of the Aceeca driver.  I have not been able to contact him.
    In response to your question about what I see when I try to sync:
    Palm 4.1.4 is installed on the Win7 Pro desktop, and the hotsync icon is present. 
    When I try to sync, I hear the characteristic tone indicating that a USB device is recognized.  But I also get a message that pops up near it with the yellow triangle and the following text:
    "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED"
    "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has
    malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.
    For assistance in solving this problem, click this
    message."
    If I click the message, I get popup window that says,
    One of the devices attached to this comptuer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it."
    It then shows a list of the USB devices inside of one of the USB Root Hubs, and one of them has a different icon and a question mark in that icon (not a yellow triangle).  And its description is in bold and it says "Unknown USB Device."
    I also looked at the Device Manager during a hotsync to see if it shows a Palm device or an Other category.   Using my XP computer first with the Tungsten T2, and which also syncs okay, it is true that during the Hotsync, the Device Manager adds a device "Palm OS Handheld Device / Palm Handheld," that goes away as soon as the hotsync is complete.
    Using the same Palm Tungsten 2, when I attempt the Hotsync in the Win7Pro computer,  "Palm OS Handheld Device/Palm Handheld"  does NOT appear in the Device Manager (nor anything else like it).
    So for some reason, my computer does not have seem to have enough of the Palm Desktop/Hotsync installation complete that I can get to the point of either it working, or where I could try to install the Aceeca driver.
    I keep trying things to get it to work, but so far now luck.  Looking for more ideas to try.
    Terry

• Entourage- iCal events are 5 hours off

My computer time is set to US/Central, Entourage events are US/Central, and iCal is set to US/Central. When I turn on Sync Services in Entourage, events that hit iCal are 5 hours off.
    I believe Sync Services is assuming the times on the events in Entourage are all GMT, even though they show up in iCal as US/Central.
    Is there a way to resolve this? I've tried it on 3 different machines, and it's broken on all of them.

FIXED. Special thanks to Tarun Reddy for noticing that the problem
    only appears when using a case-sensitive filesystem. I used fs_usage
    to log all file accesses and wrote a bunch of scripts to get me a list
    of possible files. I had a list of 536 candidate files after the
    scripting and went through all of them by hand until I found it.
    ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC /usr/share/zoneinfo/utc

• Lion 10.7.2 On both mac book pro and iMac, both with Lion 10.7.2, obtain repeated iCal event notifications from calendar or address book.  Cannot turn these off.  They repeat several times per session and every time computer is used.  How to diagnose this

Lion 10.7.2 On both mac book pro and iMac, both with Lion 10.7.2, obtain repeated iCal event notifications from calendar or address book.  Cannot turn these off.  They repeat several times per session and every time computer is used.  How to diagnose this?

First, uninstall "SuperTV" (whatever that is) according to the developer's instructions. It isn't working and it's filling the log with noise.
    If you have more than one user account, these instructions must be carried out as an administrator.
    Launch the Console application.
    Step 1
    Make sure the title of the Console window is All Messages. If it isn't, select All Messages from the SYSTEM LOG QUERIES menu on the left.
    Enter "BOOT_TIME" (without the quotes) in the search box. Note the timestamps of those log messages, which refer to the times when the system was booted. Now clear the search box and scroll back in the log to the last boot time when you had the problem. Post the messages logged before the boot, while the system was unresponsive or was failing to shut down. Please include the BOOT_TIME message at the end of the log extract.
    Post the log text, please, not a screenshot. If there are runs of repeated messages, post only one example of each. Don’t post many repetitions of the same message. When posting a log extract, be selective. In most cases, a few dozen lines are more than enough.
    PLEASE DO NOT INDISCRIMINATELY DUMP THOUSANDS OF LINES FROM THE LOG INTO A MESSAGE. If you do that, I will not respond.
    Important: Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Edit it out by search-and-replace in a text editor before posting.
    Step 2
    Still in Console, look under System Diagnostic Reports for crash or panic logs, and post the most recent one, if any. In the interest of privacy, I suggest you edit out the “Anonymous UUID,” a long string of letters, numbers, and dashes in the header of the report, if present (it may not be.) Please don’t post shutdownStall, spin, or hang logs — they're very long and not helpful.

• Should I use iSync for my Palm handheld?

Well over a year ago I thought I'd try replacing the Palm Desktop software with iSync so that I could better integrate my world with the AddressBook etc. It also bothered me that Palm's software was incapable a fully restoring my device to a previous state after a hard reset and was hoping iSync might fix that as well. When I got to trying an iSync hotsync for the first time my world changed for the worse for the next 30-40 hours as I struggled with duplicates, changed categories, stuff that didn't sync etc. I finally got everything back to the way it was and then hit the forums for solutions for a second iteration. Long story short - I went back to the Palm desktop licking some serious war wounds and there were a lot of people in the forums responding with laments of poor Palm support by Apple (there was some serious venting going on as I recall).
    Are things any better now? My goal (before bringing my cell phone into the mix) is to replace the complete functionality of the Palm Desktop with iSync. I am using all the latest Apple software.
    Thanks,
    Mick

It's not that there is no going backward—that's actually pretty easy to achieve, should you want to return to using the Palm Desktop instead of the Address Book and iCal.
    It's that there is no 'going forward' with task or to do records unless you enable iSync and choose to merge records. If you instead elect to replace records when you synchronize the first time, you will overwrite your task and to records on the Palm device itself. That's not a problem with contact and event records, because each type can be easily exported as a vCard or vCal record from the Palm Desktop and then imported en-mass into the Address Book and iCal. But, the Palm Desktop cannot export task or to do records in format which can be imported into iCal.
    Does your synchronization configuration remain simple? That's a hard question to answer. You gain the integration of iCal and the Address Book with Mail, and with third-party applications. You lose memo synchronization unless you restore it to the Palm Desktop, or choose to use the Missing Sync for Palm OS. You leave an essentially abandoned technology for the Sync Services framework. Is it simpler? To me it is simpler and more reliable overall, but it may not appear to you to be.
    To avoid potential issues with record duplication and data corruption, it's always a better idea to replace records on your Palm device, but that's not a viable option if task and to do records are important to you. You can work around these issues if they arise, but it is often not a simple or pretty process if it does occur.
    The Missing Sync for Palm OS doesn't break anything. Users do, when they assume that they don't have to follow the strongly worded caution to first overwrite the contents of their Palm device during the initial synchronization. This isn't an issue with the Missing Sync: rather, it's an issue with limitations inherent in the Sync Services framework. If you follow their installation and configuration instructions, you'll have no problems. But if you choose not to, and—for reasons I don't understand—some people choose not to, then you'll potentially have substantial issues with corrupted and duplicate records.
    The best way to transfer complete and intact records from the Palm Desktop into the Sync Services framework is to enable iSync. Understand, however, that iSync recognizes only the 'home' label as applied to telephone numbers, electronic mail addresses and postal addresses: the iSync Palm Conduit ignores those labeled 'work' or with any other custom label. So, preparing your records is important before first using iSync. Or, alternatively, you can manually update or correct records once they reside in your Address Book. Do that, and moving to the Missing Sync for Palm OS, with its extended field and data label support, is easy.

• Download iSync 1.2 Palm Conduit but can not use synchronize my Palm

I bought iPod Touch (32G) and I want to use only this device from now on, but I have problems to find a suitable way to synchronize all my contacts and calendar information from my old Palm V into the iMac address book and iCal and finally into my new iPod Touch.
    What I tried to do until now was, that I download 'iSync 1.2 Palm Conduit' and I want to install but the system told me „iSync Palm Conduit“ can not be installed on this computer, for this version of "iSync Palm Conduit" you have firstly to install iSync 1.2!
    On my iMac programs I found "iSync" program version 3.0.2. so I tried to find the version 1.2. in the Apple-world but I had no success to find this version.
    Please can somebody help me out to solve this problem and to find a suitable way to synchronize my Palm information to my iMac and iPod Touch? Also answers in German language are welcome! Thank you in advance and have a great day!

I want to replace my palm V and I want to use iCal and the Mac address book and my new iPod touch in future, so that means I intend to invoke a one-time unidirectional transfer of contact information to the Address Book and iCal to support future synchronization of an iPod Touch via iTunes?
    No further sync operation with Palm devices required. I do not intend to continue to synchronize my Palm V in the future with the Palm Desktop or the Address Book and iCal using iSync and the iSync Palm Conduit! As far as I understand in case I want to use iSync I needs to have in general a Bluetooth device to perform the sync operation, so and my old Palm V do not have this function!
    As newcomer in the Mac-World I have firstly no idea about MobileMe, so I do not intend at the moment to synchronize contact, event and task data with the MobileMe environment!
    And finally I deleted the Palm Desktop already because I made some thing wrong.
    You can help me now and let me know how I get my contacts to the MAc address book and my calender information to iCal?
    Thank you in advance and kind regards.

• Ical appts. w/alerts are one hour off on iphone - how to fix?

when I create an appointment in ical, it syncs fine with iphone, but the alert (and the appointment) are set for one hour later than what they are set for in ical. The timezone on both is accurate...Any ideas?

Thx Bernard,
    You are very helpful
    When you went through the steps, were any of the settings different to those that I suggested?
    ......Yes, Time zone was uncheck in iCal and MM
    I don't think you mentioned importing previously. Where are the events originally created?
    .....I have a large spreadsheet of college athletic games that we keep in Excel and I import to iCal, they are ALWAYS one hour off after imported to iCal. Long before iPhone and MM too!
    I don't see that MobileMe is especially different to dotmac - except that you now have explicit control over the time zone of the calendar (whereas it used to be set to the one from which you originally published).
    ...Honestly the TZ Support is a HUGE pain and causes Much more trouble for all than anything it is suppose to help with..., been that way ever since iCal came out...
    One hour time differences often crop-up on a phone and are usually to do with daylight savings issues, but you don't mention a phone in your set-up so I am assuming this is not the case.
    ...again this one hour problem, has been an issue for me long before the iPhone and MM...
    I have to say that I don't have issues with my calendars and I have these synced across different systems and devices, so for me it really is a non-issue. (I should also say that I travel frequently and don't have problems with events in multiple time zones either.)
    ...glad it works for you, but it appears this is an issue for many. I used Now Up-To-Date for 10+ years and NEVER had trouble with import/export/sync...
    One thing I neglected to ask you is whether you do need to have time zone support - i.e. do you travel with any of the macs to which you sync or do you get invitations that originate in different time zones?
    ...I have no need for TZ Support even if I were and astronaut
    It would also be enormously helpful if you would provide data on what version of OS X and iCal you are using.
    ....I am on 10.5.5 and iCal 3.0.5
    Thx Much

• ICal Invites to Outlook Users 5 Hours Off

Hi,
    Have found a few posts on this, with even fewer answers. When I send iCal event invites to attendees who are on Win XP Outlook v 2003 sp2, the event is off by 5 hours. My 9 am appointments show up as 4 in the morning.
    Have tried resetting all time zone settings. Got some satisfaction setting time zone to floating (except now the invite is from 9 am - 9am). Have all Apple OS patches applied.
    Will trashing prefs fix this?? AND If I trash my iCal prefs will I loose all my appointments???
    I know this is likely a fight between Apple and slacker programmers at MS, but for the sake of the users, can't someone just make a fix??
    Oh yea, suggestions to fix are greatly appreciated.
    thanx,
    jeff

Jeff,
    Oddly enough, I de-selected the option in the iCal preferences to Turn on Time Zone Support, and I was able to view events obtained from Outlook users in the correct timeframe. Not sure why this was the case, but any event sent to me as a calendar event from Outlook would always show up as GMT time zone, which is not where I'm located.
    This doesn't completely answer your question, as you were sending events out to Outlook users, but it might be worth trying?
    iMac G4 15" flatpanel 512k Combo   Mac OS X (10.1.x)  

• Put ical events into palm?

I want to transfer events created on ical to my palm z22. i can get events to go the other way. I've been having issues with Isync, getting the error message
    "iSync Conduit: received NULL message" then sync disconnects. I disabled contact syncing in isync to get the calendars to sync.
    I'm running 10.4.11 isync 2.4 and the newest palm software

As I just posted in another thread, there are a whole series of 'representation disconnects' between the Palm calendaring application and iCal.
    While this article— iSync: About Syncing Recurrent Events Between iCal and Palm OS Based Devices—would lead to you believe that iSync is primarily the issue, it's not: this behavior occurs primarily because of the differences between the calendaring programs in each environment, and only secondarily because of the manner in which records are pushed and pulled by the synchronization framework.
    iSync itself is simply another compliant sync client, and there is unfortunately no workaround for the issues delineated in the article.

• ISync Deleting iCal events

Ok, so I'm reliant on both my phones calendar and iCal. Depending on where I am, i might enter a new event into either one. I've just noticed however that when I use iSync, the "sync alert" is telling me that syncing will add 13, modify 20, and delete 8 events. There seems to be no way of knowing what those events are or why they are being deleted. If they are simply not on my phone but are on iCal, i'd want them added to my phone instead of deleted from iCal, or at least review them... How do I know that some very important event wont be deleted? Thanks in advance.

There could be a number of reasons for this, but as you haven't mentioned which phone you're using, it's difficult to advise further, as different phones work differently with iSync.
    Firstly though, have you tried clicking "Reset Sync History..." in iSync preferences (after backing up your contacts and calendars). That will reset the syncing in case iSync has lost track of which is current information.

• ISync syncs iCal Events but not ToDos

I have been syncing with my Samsung i500 Palm/Phone sucessfully for a year.
    Since the OS X 10.4.6, iSync 2.2 update, my iCal ToDos longer sync in either direction. iCal Events sync just fine.
    I'm willing to clear out or delete anything to get this working again.
    Ideas?
    Thanks

Did Mac OS X 10.4.7 and iSync 2.3 fix the problem?
    I sync'd my new Sony Ericsson w810i yesterday and To Do items came across perfectly.

Maybe you are looking for

• InDesign CS3 Building a book

Hi, A simple question (I hope!): Is it possible to build a book with no break between chapters? I am formatting a dictionary-like book and I want the beginning of each letter section/chapter to immediately follow the previous letter section/chapter.

• Using XSL to map and recieve an error in sxmb

hello I have XSL mapping, and I recieve this error in the sxmb. any suggestions? error message:   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - <!--  Call Adapter   --> - <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP=

• Align in background image

hello i have a background image in flex 4 by i skinclass to project skin i make. but when i run that image dont stay center desktop. it in left how do i work it?? can u help me please.thanks

• Java on Win CE

Hi, I want to know if I can run my Java program on Win CE. Is there a runtime environment for this operating system that could be installed into the Win CE device? I couldn't find enough resources or articles for that. Can someone at least point me t

• Printing form

Hi I am getting the following error while iam printing the form please suggest me the preventive mesures to do Processing routine ENTRY in program < program name> does not exist