Impossible to see any usb flash drive in T520

Hi everyone.
When I connect any flash USB drive to T520 Windows 7 doesn't see the usb flash drive. There is a message "Driver of that device was disabled. Posible that device use other driver. Error code 32"  in driver dialog apper.
Can you help please?
Regars.

Are you running the preloaded Windows?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen

Similar Messages

• Hi, I loaded Windows 7 Pro w/XP mode and iMac USB show working properly in device manager, but i cannot see a USB flash drive, or my Mac Superdrive.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thanks!

Hi, I loaded Windows 7 Pro w/XP mode and iMac USB show working properly in device manager, but i cannot see a USB flash drive, or my Mac Superdrive.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thanks!

MacDrive to provide better HFS support.
    And to acces and write.

• USB flash drive not recognized by Macbook Leopard 15.1

Hi
    Until last week my macbook was able to recognize my USB flash drives and my IPOD in Itunes and also as an independant drive.
    Last week it started to give trouble. It simply does not recognizes any USB flash drives I plug in as well as my IPOD music into Itunes.
    This is very strange since it is recognizing the HP all in one. It scans and prints. I purchased this HP all in one last week and installed the software for it. I am not sure how this could have affected that I cannot mount any USB drives.
    Can you please help? Anyone?
    Thanks.
    Viri

Hi
    Welcome to Apple discussions
    Can you see the devices if you use Utilities/Disk Utility? Maybe you need to reformat them. Take care, reformatting will lose the data on the device.
    Bob

• HOW TO YOU ADD USB FLASH DRIVE TO BOOT OPTION

i HAVE TWO LAPTOPS SAME MODEL NUMBER ONE CRASHED, hp SUPPORT TALKED ME THROUGH F11 TO RECOVER TO FACTORY CONDITION  THE LAPTOP STOP AT 100% WITHN1 MINUTE LEFT TO CMPLETE.  HP TOLD ME TO ESCAPE AN DO F2 TO CHECK THE HARD DRIVE.  THAT WORK IT SHOWED ALL THE CHECKS PASSED.  IT TOOK 2 + HOURS SO WHEN i CALLED BACK DIFFERENT PERSON SAID $350 SEND IT THEY WILL FIX.  iT'S NOT IN WARRANY SINCE FEB2014 i ONLY PAID $399 FOR IT, CANNOT AFFORD THAT.  SO HP TECH SAID USE SECOND PC TO MAKE A FLASH DRIVE .  (I MADE CD'S WHEN I FIRST GOT IT BUT THEY DID NOT WORK).   SO GOT A FLASH DRIVE WTH 32GIGS (I THOUGHT SHE SAID I NEEDED AT LEAST 20 GIGS)  COPIED THE RECOVERY PROGRAM, NOW THE USB WILL NOT OPEN.  FROM AN EARLIER WRITTER HE WAS TOLD TO F10 BIOS, ESC LOOP FOR BOOT OPTIONS TO SEE IF USB FLASH DRIVE IS THERE.  MY PROBLEM ITS NOT ON MY PC SO HOW DO I ADD IT SO THE USB WILL OPEN.
    RIGHT NOW PC IN A LOOP WHEN POWERED ON HP AND TIME COMES UP, LITTLE WHILW A BLOCK WITH HP/DAT/TIME COMES UP AND A CMD ON BOTTOM OF SCREEN, IT GOES BY TOO FAST T CLICK ON IT AND GOES BACK TO HP LOGO.  IF I COULD ADD USB FLASH AS AN OPTION IT MIGHT MAKE IT OPEN  ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

The flash drive is not going to show up if it is not bootable. To make a bootable Recovery on flash you have to use Recovery Manager just like you do to create cd/dvd Recovery.
    ******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
    **Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**

• Boot Camp with Win 8 Can't See The USB External Drive [MBR with NTFS, Fat32, HFS Partitions]

Hi. When I boot to Boot Camp with the latest Apple Windows Support drivers can't see my USB Flash Drive, DVD and OS X volumes but not my USB external drive that has an MBR partition scheme (using iPartition from GUID) and in there it has different volumes [HFS when I boot to Snow Leopard, Fat32, NTFS]. What can I do with Boot Camp to make it see my USB external drive and why isn't it seeing the USB when it can see the USB flash drive both use USB?
    Thank you in advance.
    God bless.

Buy Paragon NTFS for OS X $20.

• Missing disk space after inserting a USB flash drive

Hello everyone..
    I had a little problem with my Aluminum Macbook recently
    It started on last sunday, when i pluged in a USB flash drive into my macbook, all of sudden my Macintosh disk free space is gone, from about 50gb left to about 1.5gb...
    I ran the disk utility check and repair it fixed the problem, but then again whenever i plug in any usb flash drive(i tried several), it "steals" my free disk space and i have to run th repair programme again..
    Any idea of this problem? is it any kind of virus or something else?
    thanks

Hi,
    *"a restart message."* If it looks like this...
    That is called a kernel panic. Sounds like the USB card software/hardware is incompatible with your Mac.
    Go here for help to Resolve Kernel Panics
    Carolyn
    Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit

• Help needed to see photos on my USB Flash Drive

How do I view the contents of my USB Flash Drive, on my MacBook Pro, please? Also, can I add more photos to the ones already there?

Your USB Flash Drive should function like any other volume once it's connected to your computer and mounted by the file system. Just drag whatever picture you want to see on top of whatever application you want to use to view it (Preview works well for this). If you want to copy a photo from your Mac, just drag it from its current location in the Finder right on top of the USB Flash Drive's icon on your Desktop.

• IMac doesn't "see" USB Flash drive on initial insertion

Hi,
    I have a new iMac running Mavericks with a powered SIIG external USB hub. (Rear USB port design on iMac is inconvenient).
    Problem: When I insert a NTFS-formatted USB Flash drive into the hub, the light blinks as expected, but the iMac doesn't "see" it and it doesn't show up in "Devices".
    When I remove and re-insert the USB drive, the iMac then "sees" it just fine and it shows up in "Devices"
    Seeing this consistently.
    Any ideas what might be happening here?
    I also have Paragon NTFS installed to enable read/write to external NTFS drives.
    Thanks.

I've tried 2 Anker 10 port hubs with my brand new iMac 27" Retina.  No storage device is recognized when connected via the hub.  The same storage devices are recognized when I plug directly into my iMac.  So there seems to be an issue from the iMac to the hub.

• I tried to export photos from iMac to iPad using a USB flash drive.  The photos are on the drive but when I plug it into the iPad, the iPad says the device requires too much power.  Any ideas of what type of USB flash drive I should use?

I tried to export photos from iMac to iPad using a USB flash drive.  The photos are on the drive but when I plug it into the iPad, the iPad says the device requires too much power.  Any ideas of what type of USB flash drive I should use?

You can transfer photos outside of iTunes. I do it all the time. THat said, i have a 50/50 success rate with them. I'd avoid sandisk and kingston, their bundled software triggers the 'too much power' warning.
    I've had mixed luck with lexar, some work, some don't.
    I did have good luck with an older 4 gig geek squad one.
    Look for drives without software on them, without bright LED lights and I haven't gotten any larger than 4 gig to work, but that may just be me.
    For a less troublesome way? h onestly, I use a SD card that I've formatted with the DCIM folder. I've never had one of them trigger the 'too much power' warning. Just make sure they're not SDXC. those don't work.

• I need more space to make my windows 7 partition. Can I make that partition on a USB flash drive so I can use it when I want and still have my full ssd when I don't? Do you guys know of any ways to do this?

I am considering buying a 128 gb MacBook air and I will need to make a windows partition. I would like to be able to use all of my ssd do I was wondering if I could put my windows partition on a small USB flash drive to use when I want to. Do you know if any programs or techniques capable of this?

Csound1 What Ive been trying to explain is that I have been running bootcamp, I open the app where the first screen is the introduction, i hit continue, the first time I select "download the latest windows support software fromm Apple" then I return and instead select "Install Windows 7." Then hit continue. The third screen is where I "Create a Partition for Windows" I set Windows to 80 gigs then hit INSTALL. As stated before Bootcamp cannot find the install drivers saying "The installer disc could not be found." My windows software is on a USB drive not a disc, I tried using a virtual disc reader to make it appear that the windows software was running on a disc, still no luck. What I would like to know is how to install windows on bootcamp.

• USB FLASH DRIVE v155w Not detecting in any computer.

I purchased HP USB FLASH DRIVE from UNITED COMPUTERS, SECUNDERABAD, AP. on 11/dec/2009, i was a working great till i have inserted it in one of my office computer on 4/mar/2010, i dont know wat happened, since then it is not been detected by any other computer.
    1. can i know wat could be the problem.
    2. if it is gone how do i replace it.
    3. can i know the address of HP service centre in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
    Please do the needfull.

Sir
          My Hp 4 GB V155W Pen drive have not recogenised in my all computers.. it has been very costly for me. my all costly data is in... what can  i do plz say me.....

• USB Flash Drive Issue On iMac - 1.1 on iMac, 2.0 on any other Mac

I have a Core i7 27" Late 2009 iMac.
    I just noticed this issue today.
    I have a couple of Patriot XPorter XT USB Flash drives that I use among my Macs to transfer big files around.
    Hooking one of the 8GB flash drives to my iMac, the one listed above, it shows the device operating at USB 1.1 speeds, whether it's in a powered hub, or one of the 4 USB ports in the back of the machine. This was odd, because this was the first time it had ever done this. I only noticed this due to the painfully slow transfer rate the Finder was reporting to me. Restarting the iMac, cold starting the iMac, resetting permissions, PRAM and SMC did nothing. I thought it was a bum drive.
    So I grabbed a 16GB flash drive (same brand and model family, different capacity) and it works perfectly fine on the iMac at USB 2.0 speeds. Hmm...
    So I boot the iMac into Win 7 Ultimate x64. Both drives are listed at USB 2.0 speeds. Something is definitely afoot here.
    To make sure I'm not losing my sanity, I grab my MacBook Pro and test the drives in there. Both drives are listed at USB 2.0 speeds.
    I then run to my Mac Pro. Both drives are listed at USB 2.0 speeds.
    Did something go wonky on my iMac?
    Machine specs (for comparison above)
    iMac 27" i7 2.8GHz - 16GB RAM
    MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz - 4GB RAM
    Mac Pro Xeon 2.66GHz - 12GB RAM

I think that you are just running into a communication blip between the thumb drive and the controller for the USB ports on your iMac. It is obviously reading the 8 GB drive as older and slower and is assigning that lessor priority to the bus serving the drive.
    Have you tried attaching the drive directly to the iMac with no other device connected to a USB port? If it is the same, then I doubt there is anything that you can do, that is going to be the way the USB controller reads this thumb drive.

• Can't print & can't see USB flash drives plugged in from Windows partition

My uncle has installed Windows XP professional through Bootcamp on his new MacBook w/ Snow Leopard. He gets to it through Parallels. Everything works perfectly, except he can't print to the same printer that the Mac prints to, and also, when in Windows, the os won't recognize USB flash drives that are plugged into the MacBook either. He has the latest Windows printer drivers installed for the printer he is trying to print to and still won't work. He needs both of these up and running immediately. I convinced him to get a Mac. Apple fam...HELP!!!
    Thanks.
    Smartmediaman

Hi,
    since Parallels is not an Apple product it would be ebtter to ask such questions in the Parallels support forum.
    Nonetheless:
    using USB devices: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5161
    using Printers: http://kb.parallels.com/en/4990
    Regards
    Stefan

• MSI P965 Neo-F (MS-7235) problem booting from USB flash drive

Hi, all!
    I was wondering if someone can help me. I am trying to install Windows 7 x64 on my 320GB HDD that is connected to my MSI P965 Neo-F (MS-7235) mobo (The CPU is a Core2Duo 6600 with 6GB of RAM). I created a bootable USB 8GB flash drive using Microsoft's "Windows 7 DVD USB Download Tool" and bootsect.exe (Needed to create a boot sector on the USB drive) from the MS store. I successfully tested the resulting bootable USB drive using freeware MobaLiveCD (Sorry, you'll have to Google "mobalivecd" since this forum doesn't seem to allow external links) running under Windows XP SP3 x86 (32bit). Under MobaLive's QEMU, Windows 7 setup loaded its files and produced an error message basically saying that it could not install Windows 7 x64 under an x86 OS (No surprise there since QEMU is emulating a 32bit processor - The point is that the bootable USB drive I created works).
    I then went into my mobo's CMOS and under Advanced BIOS Features -> Boot Sequence -> 1st Boot Device, set the value to "USB-HDD" and rebooted my machine. The USB drive probably was not detected by the mobo under that setting because it proceeded to boot from my HDD which is the 2nd Boot Device. I repeated the same process using each one of the  four USB ports in the rear of the mobo (I don't have the optional USB panel that the MSI users manual mentions) to no avail. I also tried setting the 1st Boot Device to "USB-FDD" and repeated the process for each USB port but the mobo still will not boot from the USB drive (It does not recognize it). When I set the 1st Boot Device to "USB-ZIP" and rebooted, the mobo hangs after "Verifying DMI Pool Data ..." which is no surprise since I am not using a USB ZIP drive but a USB flash drive. It appears that under that setting, it recognizes that there is a USB device attached but it is expecting a response (From a USB ZIP drive). I had no idea it would be this frustrating to boot from a USB flash drive! If anyone knows how to make this mobo boot from a USB flash drive, please let me know. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote from: RemusM on 12-June-14, 17:51:30
    The P965 Neo motherboard is 8 years old, so don't expect miracles. .... You need to format the USB stick in the proper way. You may use this utility to do it: hxxp://www.prime-expert.com/flashboot/ Also, it's a good idea to use the first (USB0) connector (controlled by Intel ICH8) for the USB flash drive. Good luck.
    Thank You for your fast response, RemusM!
    I'm not looking for a miracle. I'm just looking for a mobo that does what it is supposed to do: Allow me to boot from a USB flash drive (I don't think that is too much to ask for even from a board that was made in 2006)!
    Thanks for recommending FlashBoot. I see under their "Why FlashBoot" section that it "... does not shift to user the burden of choice between "USB-ZIP" and "USB-HDD" at format time and proper BIOS setup at boot time. ... and every USB disk is formatted in such way that it will work in every environment properly, regardless of current BIOS setting.", so I will give it a try and let you know about the results afterwards.

• Move a big file from a mac system to a windows 8 laptop usb usb flash drive

Hello i am using a 32 gb flash drive to copy a 10gb file from mac os x to my flash drive. Then i want to insert that flash drive to my windows 8 pc and store it there.
    I cant use a network connection to transfer files because i dont have a ethernet cable or an network connection yet. So i must use a smart procedure for making my mac communicate with my pc at home. I cant use any other types of sharing methods except for a usb flash drive. So i know that the mac cannot detect NTFS filesystems and i cant use FAT32 even though mac recognizes it because FAT 32 is unable to store large files abotu 10GB of size. Now i have to use i think ext3 or ext4 or also HFS but when i successfully copy the file from mac to flash drive then insert it into my pc, the windows 8 OS will not detect the windows pc because i dont think windows is made to detect these filesystems by default.
    So i have tried using, HFS explorer and ext2/ext3/ext4 volume manager and ext2exploer or GPARTED live cd's latest version's copy and paste functions but they seem to not work propely and there is a problem, i cannot  see any flash drive in HFS explorer even though my drive is formatted as hfs.
    So i need a program that can detect HFS or ext3/4 formatted flash drives and is able to copy a file from there straight to my windows 8 NTFS hard drive or a folder in it.
    I have checked my firewall settings and defense settings. I am the administrator of my pc and i have even removed the windows password and the mac one but still i get lots of issus JUST to copy a file between a pc and a mac. Remmember that i have to copy files FROM a mac system running snow leopard to my windows 8 pc not the OTHER WAY were i have to copy from the windows to a mac.
    Please tell me as much as possable about software out there and tell me software that costs money. I am able to buy any good software for doing this.
    Thanks in advance.
    raghav

Take the flash drive to the PC and format it as exFAT.
    (95473)

Maybe you are looking for

• Gallery composition with link/anchor to a specific image

Hello everyone, Is there a way go to a page that has a gallery composition in it and being able to show the page with a specific image in the gallery?... So if I have five images on the gallery, the link to the page might include the name of the imag

• JavaFX 2.0 : How to make a stage fit into browser view area?

Invoking a JavaFX 2.0 applet from browser results in white spaces on the right and bottom area of the browser. This happens when the JavaFX stage resolutions is lesser than that of browsing desktop resolution. In a client/server model, usually server

• Alternate material, alternate vendor handling in MRP run

Could you please guide for  the following : 1) Alternate materials setting/handling for MRP run. 2) Alternate Vendor setting/handling for MRP run. 3) Handling of sub contacting for MRP run. Edited by: laroia on Sep 22, 2011 10:11 AM

• TS1702 iPad 1 apps

Why do your apps randomly shut down when your playing them?

• IPhone contact groups iOS 7 not functional?

I have multiple groups for contacts setup on my iMac (OS 10.5.8) which are sync'd to iCloud but on my iPhone 5 when I click on Groups all the group names are there with a check mark beside them. Clicking on the group name just removes the checkmark.