Inspire P7800 vs. Inspire T7900?

What's the difference between the Creative Inspire P7800 and Inspire T7900? The only difference I can see is that the mini tweeters in the left, center, and right speakers wit hthe T7900 set are missing in the P7800 set. Is the sound quality really different, or what?

gaboritz,
The speaker is connected to the computer soundcard and the soundcard is the one that's interacting with the OS. If there is no sound from the speaker, there is only 2 possibility. Either the speaker is faulty or the soundcard is faulty or not interacting properly with the new OS.
Have you try updating to the latest soundcard driver?
Jason

Similar Messages

• Unexisted help or drivers or troubleshooting for inspire T7900

I have recently bought the soundsystem of Creative Inc. Inspire T7900 and since then I have not managed to install it normally . Soundmax Blackhawk recognise 6 of the 8 speakers (including the subwoofer ) windows media and generally the players use 2 speakers and the subwoofer and the video games have no sound which means nothing functions , 0 speakers . I don't know what to do no matter how consistently i have searched the web . Even the site of the company has not any drivers,updates or troubleshooting for this product . I am fully outraged and disappointed from Creative

xameleon,
    Setting up the sound and getting sound from more than 2 speakers is down your soundcard/audiochip, not the speakers themselves. The speakers do not use drivers, they don't use software, that is all done by the soundcard. You need to check your soundchip's settings, and probably check the manual for your motherboard (or check with the support of the company you bought the PC from, if it was pre-built).
    Cat

• Amplifier for Inspire T7900 speakers.

Hi, for some while ago my subwoofer suddenly stopped working, and since the shop I bought it at has shut down, I couldn't get it fixed at all... so now, nearly a year later, I want to use my 7 speakers. Problem is, when I plug them into my computer using some cables I had, the volume is too low. I'm guessing the amplifier is inside the subwoofer...
    So, I need a new amplifier. But people I've talked to say something about resistance and bla bla.. so it would be to great help if you could tell me exactly what I need to fix it. If I could I would buy a new subwoofer, but I can't find a package that doesn't give me speakers aswell. Thanks a bunch if you can help!
    Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Surround
    Sound Blaster Audigy

*bump*
    I thought a week would be long enough to get a answer, guess not. But hope is still there, right?

• STATIC with Dell Laptop and Inspire T7900

I've been getting really annoying interference whenever I plug in my speakers. I also have a problem getting a strong connection through the?output socket in the laptop(alot of wiggling the cable to get half decent sound). And lastly the laptop can only support front and back speakers at the moment. I think I need a USB connection instead, but how does this connect to the Inspire T7900? Is a decoder DDTS-100 the answer to my problems?Any help very much appreciated,Cheers,Michael

Your best bet is a 5.1 external sound card such as the Creative Live! 24-bit External. Although if you can find a usb2 one that would probably be better. The DDTS-100 is an option if your laptop has digital audio out, you shouldnt get any interference then. Or you could get a usb sound card that has digital and then such a decoder, but its probably cheaper to find a usb sound card with 5.1 analogue out. Just more annoying if you plan to keep taking it with your laptop

• Creative Inspire T7900 - Connect to Macbook Pro

Hey Guys!
    A long time ago I got a Inspire T7900 7.1 Soundsystem I found It again in the seller and I wanted to install it. I realized that there is no connectivity possibility. Well I could connect over the control device of the soundsystem by a chinch cable but only the 2 frontspeakers work. (Over the device)
    On the bottom of this page (http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/other-products/creative-inspire-t7900/2) you can see the connectivity cable.
    Quote:
    "Annoyingly the connectors for use with your computer are the multi-pole type, with the center/sub (orange) and rear (black) each with 4 separate strips rather than the usual 3 strips. This means that you only have to connect 3 plugs (orange, green and black), rather than 4 (orange, green, black and grey) to drive the 7.1 system. However, not even Creative’s own X-Fi cards support this feature fully so you’d be better off with another cable (4 plugs to 4 plugs, rather than 4 plugs to 3 plugs). The system will work without multi-pole support but it’ll resort to 5.1 rather than full 7.1 or even 6.1. For the sake of an extra cable, Creative has made the wrong choice, especially considering as I’m yet to see a motherboard that has multi-pole over the additional grey plug.
    Unlike higher-end systems, you won't get an optical or coaxial inputs meaning that the your SPDIF port will be left unused."
    Is there maybe an adapter from the 3 to one of the macbook ports. If this should not work is there like a external soundcard you can put the 3 cables in and connect to my Macbook.
    Thank you in advance for your help

Hey! I'm in exactly the same situation, so I wondered if you've found some kind of solution already?
    Regards

• Audigy 2 ZS and Inspire T7900 Serious Problems!

Hey Guys I'am a guy from germany and I have serious problems with my speaker system!
    Following System:
    Windows XP Professional with SP2Creative Audigy 2 ZS SoundcardCreatice Inspire T7900(7.1) Speakers
    My Problem:
    No Surround!My Card is configured to 7.1 Speaker System, I have the newest Drivers from the page and all is 100% correct connected although wenn i make a Speaker Test in the THX Konsole the Guy only speaks from the Front speakers!!left frontspeaker: front left,side left rear leftright frontspeaker: front right, side right, rear right, front middle
    (order of the announcements aren't right here)
    when i connect 2.0 speakers from my brother to the green plug the same happens!!
    What's going on here?!! is that a BUG?
    please help
    grettz Kai

It sounds like the soundcard drivers aren't installed properly or aren't being properly configuring the speaker settings.
    Try changing to 2.0/2.1 and 4.0/4.1 and see if those modes work with the speakers connected as they are. If they do then 'tis a software problem and uninstalling and reinstalling the Audigy drivers should fix it (hopefully).

• Inspire T7900 no sound from side...

Hi there, i've just buy an "Audigy2 ZSplatinium", an "Inspire T7900" and a "decoder DDTS-100"
    i've try to connect my sound card to my sub without the decoder, i don't have any sound from side speaker, if i switch rear and side speaker, the speaker itself works, but it seems the sounds don't come to the side...
    i've try to connect with the decoder, in analogic, and optical, same problem...
    when i try to calibrate the audio systeme, i can hear sound from front speaker (all 3), both rear, but when the programs wants to test side one, i got a horrible sound, like "HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII III" at the place of the usual "left side" or "center".... i've try to finish the calibrate but the programs say my cable aren't connect well, i've RE-check all, it's good.....
    i've all deconnected, uninstalled, and RE- install ALL the syteme.... same problem
    I'm starting to become crasy.
    I don't know if the probl?me comes from my sound card or my audio sytme....
    PLS help me....

stiaros,
    Not sure if you are able to install the EAX4 driver for your OEM card but you can try installing it - EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Update for Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2/Audigy 2 ZS. After you are done installing that, do a search for this filename CTPANEL.EXE, you should be able to configure the card through this.
    JasonMessage Edited by Jason-CL on 05-27-2005 06:08 PM

• Problem with inspire t7900

Hi,i just bought inspire t7900 speakers and i have a big problem..
    there is no sound! actually i have tried everything..there is no connection problem,i also bought
    the creative sound blaster audigy which is recomended for this kind of speakers,i have checked anything about settings but nothing...i also have tried different operating systems(xp home sp2,xp proffesional sp2) but the problem remains..
    if you need additional information, my pc is new very good system(intel core quad proccessor,motherboard asus p5kc) so i can't find out where is the problem!
    can anyone help me plz?

Hi, I have the same problem. Actually, it was working for a while, then all of a sudden: no sound from any of the speakers! Plugging headphones into the remote works, so there doesn't seem to be a problem with the connection between computer and the system; but there's definitely something wrong with the speakers... Any ideas here? I was really enjoying them up to this point...

• Inspire T7900 Broken ?

Hi all my Creative Inspire T7900 Speakers have stopped working and i cannot seem to find a solution or a reason why they have done so
    i woke up went to my computer no sound thought it was a bit odd so i checked all connections all were fine tested to see if it was my computer no seemed to be fine, tested with another source to make sure still nothing no sound what so ever.
    so the speakers are defiantly not working and i am not being incompetent at least i hope not...
    The power to the speakers is defiantly working as the little green light on the volume and bass control is working so i doubt its a fuse or anything if any one has any ideas on what it could be i would be most great full if you reply
    also i have contacted creative via email 3 days on no reply i just need some speakers working better thank these cheap 2 channel ones !
    thanks
    system specs if needed
    P4 Prescott 3.4 Ghz HT
    Gig ram
    Geforce 6800GT
    Audigy 2 ZS

I have this exact problem, watched a film at night, sound was working fine, woke up the next day. No sound, very frustrating. The sound card is fine, I tested it with headphones. I've fully tested the unit with an iPod nothing comes out of the speakers, except if you leave the subwoofer connection half plugged in and plug a audio source into the input on the remote. Then you get very quiet sound which is a fixed volume and is also mono. This is the second unit from creative i've had go wrong in this way in as many years. Might have to pay Bose a visit.

• Incompatibility between Audigy SE onboard and Inspire T7900 7.

Hello?I have bought the Creative Inspire T7900 7. speakers. I have a motherboard MSI K8N Diamon Plus with Audigy SE on board?My side satellites don't work !!!?I mention that:- I have the latest audio XP drivers for my on board audio- the cables are in the right positions- the soft settings are put on 7.- the CMSS is on- in my motherboard help book I saw a drawing (schematics) where for an 8 channel sound (7.) you have to have 4?jacks which?will be connected to?the audio board- the cable from Creative, which connects the sub (amplif) with the PC, has only 3?jacks?for the PC end
    ?Please help me!?Thank youMessage Edited by dragossalvetiu on 07-3-200708: PM
    Message Edited by dragossalvetiu on 07-3-200708:2 PM

Disconnect the grey audio cable from the speaker subwoofer and grab a piece of 3.5mm minijack stereo cable. Connect one end of the stereo cable to the audio port on the speaker that you have just disconnected and the other end to your onboard audio side audio jack.
    Jason

• Incompatibility between Audigy SE and Inspire T7900

Hello I have bought the Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 speakers. I have a motherboard MSI K8N Diamon Plus with Audigy SE on board. My side satellites don't work !!! I mention that:- I have the latest audio XP drivers for my on board audio- the cables are in the right positions- the soft settings are put on 7.1 - the CMSS is on- in my motherboard help book I saw a drawing (schematics) where for an 8 channel sound (7.1) you have to have 4 jacks which will be connected to the audio board- the cable from Creative, which connects the sub (amplif) with the PC, has only 3 jacks for the PC end
    Please help me! Thank you
    Message Edited by dragossalvetiu on 07-13-2007 08:11 PM
    Message Edited by dragossalvetiu on 07-13-2007 08:12 PM

Disconnect the grey audio cable from the speaker subwoofer and grab a piece of 3.5mm minijack stereo cable. Connect one end of the stereo cable to the audio port on the speaker that you have just disconnected and the other end to your onboard audio side audio jack.
    Jason

• Inspire T7900 Startprobleme (Starting problems)

Hallo zusammen!
    Wenn ich mein T7900 einschalte, kommt es manchmal vor, dass es f?r ca. 3 Sekunden aus geht.
    Manchmal geht es auch nicht sofort an, sondern nur nach mehrmaligen drehen des Einschlters.
    Diese Probleme treten aber nur auf, wenn das System l?nger als ca. 10 Stunden aus war.
    Wenn ich es z.B. nur 4 oder 5 Stunden aus hatte, treten die Probleme nicht auf.
    Desweiteren treten die Probleme auch nur beim Starten auf. Wenn es ein paar Minuten an ist , gibt es keine Probleme.
    Welche Ursache k?nnten die Probleme haben?
    Sorry for my bad english!!!
    Hello together!
    If I switch on my T7900, sometimes it occurs that it goes for approx. 3 seconds out.
    Sometimes it concerns also not immediately, but turn only after repeated the Powerswitch.
    These problems arise however only if the system were longer than approx. 10 hours out.
    If I had it e.g. only 4 or 5 hours out, the problems do not arise.
    Furthermore the problems arise also only when starting. If it a few minutes on is, there are no problems.
    Which cause could the problems have?
    cu. Sven
    Message Edited by sven on 03-19-2005 01:55 PM

try a computer with a sound blaster or something .. but from what your saying it could be a faulty woofer .. go to the service and let them check it.. it cant hurt

• Inspire T7900 and realtek AC97 subwoofer problems

Hi everyone,
    I am not sure if anyone had the same problem, I recently purchased a set of 7.1 T7900 and I have a Realtek AC97 on board card.
    The subwoofer works for some time then stop, then it goes again. I tried all the configuration possible, I updated the drivers. I even tried another computer (unfortunately another realtek for laptop). I swapped cables, I used another cable.
    I can't figure out what makes it stop (or working).
    Sometimes it works fine other time just refuse to work. All the other speakers are working fine. Just the sub.
    I am not quite sure if is the sound board or a faulty subwoofer.
    I tried everything but i still cannot link why it does this.
    If anyone can help or have a suggestion it'll be appreciate!
    thanks
    crix

try a computer with a sound blaster or something .. but from what your saying it could be a faulty woofer .. go to the service and let them check it.. it cant hurt

• I have a problem with the inspire t7900

hello all, i have the 7.1 speaker system, its greate, but i have one problem i am connecting it to a mp3 player, but the problem is that the sound volume change alone..!! i mean i leave the volume control after i settle it on a volume then the volume gets up and down alone without touching the remote its strange and they r less that month old !! plz if any one can help me i would be thankfull

I have a problem like this too. But my speakers system is the itrigue 3200. The model with the cheapest remote. The remote broke 2 or 3 weeks after I got the speakers system (but not from dell). The remote still work but baldy and the volume go up and down randomly and now I want to buy the wireless remote I200 but I live in Canada and Creative don't seem to consider that they have consumers in Canada. They don't ship in Canada.

• Inspire T7900, how to connect to the TV?

This is driving me mad, I can't for the life of me work out how to correctly set this up. I either get no sound, or good sound but with buzzing. I'm only using the front left and right speakers, and the centre + sub. My TV is a Samsung LE37R8 LCD TV.

If it helps: Speaker manual: http://files2.europe.creative.com/ma...ltilingual.pdf TV manual: http://www.retrevo.com/support/Samsu.../2322ag42/t/2/

Maybe you are looking for