Installing XP home on a T21

Hello all, I just inherited a T21, the hard drive has been replaced and I have tried to install XP home. After several attempts the install always stop at the same place. Any ideas??
Thanks

Is the hard drive any good? Do you have enough memory? Is the cd scratched? Is the cdrom defective?
I would try running PC Doctor on it first and make sure the hardware is OK before proceeding.
A T21 isn't going to run XP very fast but at least put in as much memory as you can to help it out.
T60 2623-D7U, 3 GB Ram. Dual boot XP and Linux Mint.
T400 2765-T7U Windows 7
Registered Linux User #160145
FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo

Similar Messages

• I had a free trial of Adobe CC on my mac at home and later purchased on a different computer PC at work. When trying to install at home I am prompted for the Adobe password with the pre-typed email address on my home computer, not the other email on my wh

I had a free trial of Adobe CC on my mac at home, which I since uninstalled
    .  Later, I purchased on the PC I use at work with a Different email address than home. I have not been able to install at home.  When I log in the email address is preprinted and I cannot change it to the other one that I used when I made the purchase. Also the time for the email that was sent when I joined has expired. I tried changing the email and password at home and have only been able to get access to another free trial.

If you are facing issue with changing the email address your Home mac computer, then you may try below steps once.
    Click Gear icon on the top Right corner and Quit Creative Cloud App
    Click on Finder and then hold Command + Shift + G keys on your keypad
    It will open Go to folder window, type  exactly ~/Library and click on Go
    Then open Application Support > Adobe > OOBE folders
    Delete opm.db file.
    Then relaunch Creative Cloud App and check if you are sign in page.

• I am trying to install XP Home Edition over Windows 7

Hello,  I have been all over trying to resolve the problem detailed below and hope you can help me.
    I have a HP Pavilion Elite -  HPE 180T - OS Win 7 64 bit. 
    System Info: 9 GB Physical memory - 5 memory Modules - Video Card1.8GB  NVIDIA GeForct GTX 260 (2 DVI, HDMI and VGA adapters)- Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 950 @3.07GHz - 8GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM (4 DIMMs) - 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA 3Gb/s hard drive.
    Problem: I do not want Windows 7 and am trying to install XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 - Full Version/CD ROM.  I put the disc in and the install option is greyed out.  What do I need to do to prep my system to accept the installation?  I have my system backed up.  If I erased my hard drive would that work?  Is there a way to install over the Win 7 or have both OS's installed? I've seen advise to adjust the BIOS but can not figure out how to bring the screen up on start up.  I looked in the HP manual and can not find the information.
    Any direction is most appreciated. 
    Thank you
    B. Rappl
    [email protected]
    Revere, MA
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Hi,
    Windows XP is an unsupported OS and installing XP may void your warranty.
    If you still want to use XP, I would make sure you create HP Recovery Discs before you start anything.  Wiping the hard drive should allow you to install XP.  I'm not sure what options you have on the XP installation disc but I would look for an Advanced option and try a Dual Boot or Dual Install if you want to run both operating systems.  For help, do a search for "dual boot windows 7 and XP" or something similar and browse the results.
    -Chris
    I work for HP.
    Support Forums are now on your mobile phone: http://m.hp.com/supportforum

• Can I install windows home server 2011 on a mac mini?

Hey guys and girls...
    Can I install windows home server 2011 on a mac mini? If so how?

WHS is 64-bit. Genius are really not versed in Boot Camp or Windows, let alone anything not on the "approved" list of Windows versions.
    Most of the problems are with burning ISO, or the SuperDrive. It should have seen the NTFS partition. Disk Utility is known to be trouble, burning it on your Mac Mine but iwth Windows 7....?
    Seeing you have Windows 7, format the partition to NTFS 160GB you want and then exit and boot WHS installer.
    Or run the install from Windows 7.
    In past, WHS supported TimeMachine, streaming video, supported iTunes (that was broken/disabled it seems by Apple with 10.0), as well as even SuperDuper backups.
    Main idea is to have some network attached drives.
    Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra2 Review
    Newegg - HP StorageWorks X310 Windows Home Server
    I have both a ISO and Burned it to a dvd useing windows 7 built in ISO burning software, Its a 64 bit copy (got from microsoft download website from my dads microsoft account).
    It is enouth for the OS but it runs slowish on the mac mini (latest core 2 duo 2.4ghz model) The Idea was to have it backup my pc and laptop to a usb drive and act as a media centre pc (connected to av receaver and tv and on a gigabit network with a 2TB nas)
    Since it looks like this may not work, whats the best way to make it into a media centure? mac osx? windows 7? plex? whats best and good?
    I'd avoid USB like the plague. Why not use your PC instead? If I was going to use a Mini for WHS, I'd just use the Mini solely for Windows and not have OS X (you can boot OS X off an external drive anyway).

• I need to uninstall then re-install Vista Home Basic and need to know if I must back up all my bookmarks to a disk first.

I have had on-going problems with communication between my Lexmark X3650 printer/scanner/copier and my Dell Vostro PC. Dell has instructed me to uninstall then re-install Vista Home Basic to my PC. I need to know if I will lose my Firefox bookmarks when I do this (I am waiting for them to send me the Vista disk before I can re-install). Will my bookmarks be saved on Firefox? Will I have to re-load my Firefox browser? I am certainly no computer whiz buy I simply cannot afford to lose all these links (collegiate workbooks and course-work submission links etc.). HELP!

You can backup the bookmarks in the Bookmarks Manager.
    You can export the bookmarks in Firefox to an HTML file:
    Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Export HTML
    You can also create a JSON backup:
    Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Backup
    An HTML backup doesn't support tags and annotations, so if you want to preserve those then you need to use a JSON backup.<br />
    Restoring a JSON backup will replace all existing bookmarks, so existing bookmarks are lost.<br />
    Importing an HTML backup will merge the imported bookmarks with existing bookmarks, so you do not lose the bookmarks that you already have, but you may get duplicate bookmarks if some already exist.
    See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Backing_up_and_restoring_bookmarks_-_Firefox

• The following error message came when I tried to open Firefox and install Firefox Home. "can't create mcafee plug-in object: TypeError: Components.classes[cid] is undefined"

The following error message came when I tried to open Firefox and install Firefox Home.
    "can't create mcafee plug-in object: TypeError: Components.classes[cid] is undefined"

This issue can be caused by an extension or plugin that isn't working properly.
    Start Firefox in [[Safe Mode]] to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
    * Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
    See:
    * [[Troubleshooting extensions and themes]]
    * [[Troubleshooting plugins]]

• Is it possible to install my home folder on an external drive?

I need to hand my MacBook in for repair, but I don't want any of my documents on it when it goes in to the repair shop. I have full Time Machine back-ups of the entire laptop, but is there any way I can install my home folder on an external drive so that while my laptop is being repaired I can continue working as usual with my external hard drive plugged in to another (older, smaller hard drive) laptop?

Get an empty external drive properly formatted. Get Carbon Copy Cloner 4.0 and use it to backup your Home folder to this external drive. Create a new admin user account and turn off auto login if it is enabled. Reboot the computer and sign into the new user account. Delete your user account.

• Problem installing XP home SP2 on MacPro

I am trying to install XP home on a freinds new MacPro. He has 2 Hard drives and needs Linux. We have installed rEFIt.
    The partitions are set up as followes
    Disk 1
    235GB OSX HFS+
    40GB Linux Swap to be
    200GB Users Directory RAID
    Disk 2
    40GB Windows NTFS
    1GB linux boot 1 to be
    1GB linux boot 2 to be
    100GB 6 assorted linux partitions
    free space
    40GB Linux swap to be
    200GB Usere Directory swap
    I install XP onto the Windows partition and all goes well untill i am called to reboot when i get a "Hard disk error press any key to reboot" message can anyone help. I have tried remooveing rEFIt but it makes no difference.

Interesting, SP2 did not come out until 2004. Anyway, check my post at:
    http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6671247
    Maybe it will work for you.

• No sound anymore after installing XP Home on Satellite Pro 4600

Hi gents,
    I don't have any sound more after I have installed winxp home on my Pro 4600. I used the problem solve wizard but without any improvements. I have also installed the latest sound driver and bios.
    Looking forward to some replies, .............Harry

He Eldorado,
    You teached me a wise lesson "first look to the obvious things". And yes it was the volume controller at the side (did not know there was one). But anyway problem is solved
    Thanks...........Harry

• How do I install a home made video onto iPad - have tried converting to mp4 but no sound comes through

How do I install a home made DVD holiday video onto iPad containing both pictures and video.  Have tried converting to mp4 but sound and music doesn't come through?

Marie-
    What did you use to convert to MP4?
    I've never tried to convert a DVD, but have had success with various other video formats using HandBrake from <Download HandBrake now.>.
    Fred

• I recently brought a mac and downloaded windows with the help of boot camp and by mistake i installed windows 7 ultimate version whereas i had the cd and serial key of windows home premium i started installing windows home premium from windows 7 cont...

I recently brought a mac and downloaded windows with the help of boot camp and by mistake i installed windows 7 ultimate version whereas i had the cd and serial key of windows home premium i started installing windows home premium from windows 7 ULTIMATE then after the exctraction of files and everything the windows setup came and my mouse and keyboard stopped working and i dont know how to open mac os x there is no option anywhere?? what shall i do pls help!!!!if there are any keyboard shortcut key to open mac os x or boot camp pls mention.

For Boot Camp issues please repost in the Boot Camp forum located by clicking Boot Camp

• Trouble installing In Home Agent

When i try to install In Home Agent, I get the message:
    "Multiple VZ-An Home Agent cannot be installed.  Please uninstall the old kit from Control Panel and install the new kit"
    There is no other At Home Agent installed!.  How do I proceed? 
    Mike S

I point to http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Verizon-In-Home-Agent-runs-on-my-system-MAC-OSX-but-does-...
    and quote from it
    a)
    I like the online version of the app at www.verizon.com/repair  
     you can do a lot of the functions of the app without all the bloatware
    b)
    As other have said it does something, it waste resources.  Not sure on the MAC, but on PC's it has been none to drive at least one cpu to 100% (If you only have one its really bad).  And the number of functions it does that you might ever want to do is minimal.
    Personally I recommend that you uninstall it, and make sure you get all pieces of it.
    I point to
    http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Installing-InHome-Agent/td-p/544663
    and I quote from it
    Count yourselves lucky, That program is more trouble than help. It took me about 90 seconds to realize this and to remove it from my system. If you have any real questions about anything more complex than hitting the enter key, you are not going to find any answers from the In Home Agent. Its all basic stuff and will not help with any real issues.
    You will probably find better, more easy to understand and more usable answers on Google than you can in any verizon software i have seen to date.
    If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

• Decided to download "Lion" from work to install at home

Decided to download “Lion” from work to install at home. We have a much faster connection at work. Went thru the procedure of Registering and Paying and as soon as I hit the download button, it started to install. DO NOT want to install at work. Where is the physical file to download?
    The install is on pause at the moment. How do I stop it completly.
    Instead of calling it a download button, call it what it is, an intsall button. Call a spade a spade!

Well I gambled and downloaded their upgrade from work. From the things I had read It just seemed to me it had to work and it did. Besides it would have taken me 12 hours at home to download and I’ve thrown away more in Vegas.
    When it finally finsihed and asked me to install I quit the installer. Burned the Installer app to a DVD and took it home. I copied the Installer .app to the Applications folder and launched it. It went thru a couple of things and then after about a minute it wanted to restart the iMac. I thought man that was fast or it didn’t work. What it was doing was restarting from the Installer app.  Took about 30 minutes to finish. Restarted and everything works fine.
    I think the secret is coping it to the Applications folder and to launch/run it from there because I believe it’s last act is deleting the Installer app. (No installer app, No finish! - Just a guess) You always have a copy on the DVD.

• Yoga 11S [Clean Install] - Dolby Home Theater v4

I failed to make a backup of the D:\ drive prior to formatting the hard drive on my Yoga 11S.
    I am now trying to reinstall all of the software/drivers that were previously installed.
    I obtained the majority of them through download, however I am having trouble installing Dolby Home Theater v4.
    I keep receiving the error message "PCEE needs to be installed"
    Is there some driver/software that I am missing that would allow me to install this?
    Thanks,
    Brad
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506E&SUBSYS_17AA1001&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506E&SUBSYS_17AA1001
    It is installed as "High Definition Audio"
    ---EDIT TO ADD---
    I clicked to update this device driver.
    I selected the folder that had the W8-64 drivers (C:\drivers\Conexant Audio Drivers\W8-64) and it said that the correct driver was installed. I then directed it to browse for my own driver and was able to install the Conexant Smart Audio HD driver.
    I was now able to install Dolby.
    The only thing I can think of is for whatever reason Windows believed it had the best audio driver.
    Thanks for your help.

• How may I install firefox home for iPhone

Am trying to install firefox home on iphone

'''Andrew''', the question was not about mobile Firefox browser but rather the Firefox '''Home''' app that Mozilla used to make for iOS as it has been discontinued.
    https://blog.mozilla.org/services/2012/08/31/retiring-firefox-home/
    Since the code is open source there was a app called "Bookmarks On The Go" two years ago however it is not listed anymore and even if it was it would have needed to be updated for the new Sync.

Maybe you are looking for