Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Crashes XP-Pro T61

I recently updated my windows XP Pro SP2 version of windows to SP3. When I went to connect my wireless, it successfully connected, but then I got the BSOD suggesting I uninstall any recently installed h/w or s/w. Windows error reporting suggested a wireless adapter problem, and sure enough, as soon as I disabled the Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection adapter, the crashing stopped. So I went into device drivers, and attempted to update the driver, but was told that it was already updated.
Then I went to Intel’s website and found a couple of updates, but they indicated:
“The driver version of the following products will not update. The Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software version will be updated.
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection”
So since I prefer to use the ThinkVantage Access connections, I decided to run ThinkVantage System Update, but got the message: “An error occurred while gathering user information.” So I was going to try the solution George had given me a few days ago to solve my “T42 will not connect to secure home wireless/ThinkVantage Access Connections Freezes” problem:
Of downloading the latest version of System Update from here:
 http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013489
But I wasn’t sure that would work for my T61 Type 7665-CTO s/n **-***** 08/05. Product ID 7665WZK.
Moderator note: serial number removed for member's protection.

'afternoon.
first, you should edit your post to remove your serial number.
next, the version of TVSU you linked is correct for your XP machine. the version for win7 was just updated to v5.
finally, if you want to bypass TVSU, for now, you can get any drivers for your PC from the driver matrix here:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-67853
looks like the WLAN driver pack you could use is v14.03.000 available here:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS030245
hth.
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
I am not a Lenovo employee.

Similar Messages

• Intel Pro wireless 3945ABG and WPA 2 Question

I see that Intel says this adapter is compatible with WPA2 but I can only find WPA support in the Lenovo driver download.  Without WPA2 AES I can't connect this laptop to many of the newer N wireless routers.  Has anyone found a driver that support WPA 2?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Welcome to the forum!
    I'm not sure I quite understand your dilemma...any Lenovo driver for this card will enable the type of encryption that you're looking for...typing this on a X60s with the exact same card and connected to the WPA-PSK network...
    I'm using Windows to configure my networks, not Access Connections.
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• Unable to autoconnect to Wifi network after installing Windows update 8.1 - Toshiba Satellite - Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG-netwerkverbinding

Hello, got a problem connecting to my wifi: every time I start up my Laptop (5 year old Toshiba Satellite L300) the wificonnections are listed but windows is unable to connect to the WIFI. Wificonnection states unable to connect, after running Windows Network
    Control the issue is found en the WIFI connects correctly. 
    I need to run the troubleshooter every time after staring up windows in order to get my wifi running, this is rather annoying..
    Does anybody have a solution? I downloaded and installed the latest driver from intel, and also tried to enter below without any improvement.
    netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
    netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)
     see below error report:

Hi,
    With the google translate, It seems that you are facing with the following problem:
    A network cable is not connected correctly or may be damaged
    Problem with wireless adapter or access point
    For this issue, I suggest you try the following steps:
    Try with another account, or test with another system, another cable.
    Reinstall network adapter.
    Open  Device Manager then Network Adaptors, find the wireless NIC and choose properties then open the power management tab and uncheck the one that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
    Test this issue in safe mode with networking
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode
    Does this work? and I would be appreciate if you could update the diagnostics with English.
    Regards,
    Yolandac

• [SOLVED] PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Since the long time ago kernel update and ndiswrapper threads, I didn't get my wireless to work..... laptop wireless light not turning on. It works fine with Linux Mint live CD, not a hardware issue. I tried all the solutions in the forums and wiki, seems I am missing something. In my Linux years, I never configured wireless. What are the steps?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless
    IPW3945 is well supported. Shouldn't be any problem at all - you need wpa_supplicant, wireless_tools etc. installed (I assume you already have a DHCP client).
    Check dmesg output for pointers, if your drivers are loaded, check with rfkill to see if it's a software block (and also make sure you don't have a hardware switch you need to flip).
    Last edited by .:B:. (2011-10-18 21:56:02)

• Unable to connect HP PC or Macbook Pro wirelessly to Laser jet pro P1102w

I got a new HP computer & am not able to connect wirelessly to the printer.  I also lost the printer connection to my  Macbook pro and when I deleted it, cannot find it to reinstall.  The network light blinks but wont stay on.  When I was just having problems with it staying online, I noticed the network name was wrong.  Everything has been rebooted over & over. I cant get it to do anything!

Hey @jgabby5,
    Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
    I would like to assist you today with resolving the wireless connection issues you're experiencing with your HP Laserjet Pro P1102w Printer on your Windows and Mac computers. Because your network light on the printer is blinking it does indicate that  your product is not on your wireless network at all anymore. Therefore, you will need to run a fresh new wireless setup installation. The wireless setup and install would be easiest on your new Windows computer. Than once the printer is set up properly on the wireless network again you can add it back to your Mac.
     Step 1: Powercycle Network: 
    First, unplug the power cable to your Router
    Once your Router is unplugged, turn off your printer
    Next, shut down your computer
    After 30 seconds to 1 minutes, plug your Router back in
    Next, turn on your printer
    Turn on the computer
    Step 2: Install Printer Wirelessly:
    Please have your USB Cable handy but do not plug in your USB Cable until prompted.
    On your Windows computer please click the following link: Windows: HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver
    Once at the website, select the Download option
    Allow the download to run once completed
    The driver package will extract and then launch the installer for you.
    Please run through the step-by-step instructions to 'Connect through a wireless network'
    When prompted, plug in your USB Cable
    The Wireless Configuration will now complete
    Once the Installation on your Windows computer is complete you will be prompted by the installer to disconnect your USB Cable
    Now you should be able to go on your Mac and open Print & Scan and (+) Add your product back in.
    Please let me know if these steps resolve your issue. Good luck!
    X-23
    I work on behalf of HP
    Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
    Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

• Help please, when I use my Macbook Pro internet it crashes our XBox Live

When I use the internet at all on my Macbook Pro, wireless, it crashes the games my DF is playing on xbox live through the the same router but with the ethernet. It doesn't do this with his laptop PC. Any ideas?

Most routers have the option to list DHCP devices connected to them ... often you just use your browser and point to http://192.168.1.1 and you'll get it's home page.
    And, the Mac's IP number will be showing in System Preferences/Network/Advanced under the TCP/IP Tab, not sure where the XBox would show it's IP# though.

• Can't set Intel 3945AGB wireless card to Ad-Hoc

When I try to set my wireless card to ad-hoc ...
    [root@pwn max]# iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc
    Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    I was always able to do this until recently ... did an update break this?  This is on what lspci reports as ...
    03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)
    Last edited by synthead (2009-04-14 03:22:52)

I'm having the same issue with Arch64 on kernel 2.6.29.
    lspci output:
    0c:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)
    uname -a output:
    Linux charon 2.6.29-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 17 14:14:28 CEST 2009 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5850 @ 2.16GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
    I've been able to get this working before with kernel 2.6.28 and wicd, but now it's not working with wicd or iwconfig. I've tried Googling around for a solution and found some bug reports, but haven't come up with anything recent. Any help is appreciated.
    UPDATE: I found this bug report. Apparently it's an issue with the kernel itself that has been fixed numerous times. Any chance we could get this fixed permanently in the Arch64 kernel?
    Last edited by lumpy211 (2009-04-24 22:31:38)

• T41 Intel Pro/Wireless 2100

IPCONFIG reports that our T41 machine's wireless adapters are disconnected. Yet, the Intel Pro/wireless 2100 detects networks but fails to communicate and receive IP addresses.  Intel reports no longer supporting the cards or providing driver updates, which implicates either a WINXP update or an update to our wireless network.  Are there any Intel Pro/wireless 2100 drivers and/or WINXP communiations updates/patches that will permit the T41 to communicate and receive an IP address from the newer faster networks? 
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Welcome to the forum!
    I would strongly suggest upgrading to a newer card, such as Intel 2200BG, Intel 2915ABG or IBM/Atheros b/g or a/b/g
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• WPA issue on Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B

Hi,
    I'm trying to use the WPA authentication using my Toshiba's Tecra S1 with an integrated Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B. I've read that this adapter supports WPA. I've installed the newest drivers under my Windows xp SP2, but the OS doesn't allows me to select WPA authentication in the wireless properties.
    Any help is wellcome.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi
    The Wlan encryption standard you will find in the WLan properties.
    You have to select you SSID and click on the properties.
    If there you will not find any option for WPA so this WLan miniPCI card doesnt support this encryption option.
    Note: This option depends on the hardware and not on the software. You cannot enable the encryption by updating any drivers or any SP.

• After Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG software/driver upgrade cant authenticate to WRT310N

I was having connection issues (solid connection at first then weak to poor connection downloads on the internet started good but degraded - after reading the forums here it seems likely heat related as router is very HOT), so I decided to try upgrading the Intel Pro 2200 BG software for the driver and program.  Upgrade was to version 12.0.4.0 version and driver was upgraded to 9.0.4.39 version.  Now when I try to connect to the WRT310N router via the Intel software it cant get past the authentication (I use WPA2 - Personal (AES-CCMP) ), the message I see is "Authentication process to connect to the network has not started".  Even completely removed the Intel software and reinstalled no dice, can connect to other non secure routers, just cant get my connection to work.
    Now the odd thing is that I can connect no problem with the Windows Wireless manager but not with the Intel software.  I know I could just use the Windows but kind of got use to the Intel and like that better.  Passphrase is correct, so I dont know what the heck is causing this.  Any ideas?  Anyone having the same issue?

OK last update, tried again when I got home nada, got Windows Wireless connection setup and connected fine.  Prior to that I took off all the wireless security from the router and the Intel connected fine with no security (actually restored router to default as well) soon as I enable WPA TPIK Intel cant connect.  I wonder if somehow it got corrupted and cant relay the passphrase correctly for some reason.
    The other odd thing that I see is when trying to repair the Intel softward (add/remove, click on proggy and select "repair") it tries to repair but then stops as it cannot locate the Intel PROSet Wireless.msi file and I searched my entire HDD and cant find the file so I am just ripping the whole program out and going to stick with the Windows Wireless manager for now.

• Update Intel Pro Wireless driver

I am trying to update my Intel PRO/Wireless through the Intel main site.
    I downloaded the driver and while trying to install it there is two exe. files there
    *1- dpinst32.exe*
    *2- iProDifx.exe*
    My question is: Which one to install from the above? And if both which one first pls?
    Thank you

Hi!
    Is there no setup.exe or install.exe?
    But I think you must start the dpinst32.exe file.
    You can also install the driver manually. Go to the device manager => right click on the WLAN card => update driver
    Bye

• Windows 7 Driver for Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG

Hi,
    I've upgraded my MotionComputing LE1600 Tablet from Vista Business to Windows 7. A relatively seemless process and a more efficient OS. However, I need the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG driver for my WiFi card or maybe even a generic one? Anyway have a suggestions?
    Thanks,
    j

I have a DELL Lattitude D830 with the Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN. I upgraded from Vista Business 32bit and all of the netwrok connections (wired and wireless) went out. The wireless told me I had an invalid IP configuration and that I could connect locally, but not internet. Looked like a DHCP issue - couldn't get a valid IP configuration, coudn't specify static IP information.
    I tried *everything* to get the network to work. Luckily, I stumbled across this post. If you aren't familiar with it (I wasn't), in order to install in Vista Compatibility mode, right-click on the .msi and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility", then choose Vista from the list of OSs. I DID get the latest drivers, both from Dell and Intel (The one that I installed was from Dell, haven't tried the Intel version which is slightly newer under this process). You may have to get the newest version to get it working - not sure.
    Mike

• Intel Pro Wireless misbehaving - very slow internet

I have a problem with the Intel Pro Wireless card in my T60.  When I try to use the internet, it is incredibly slow (about 9 kbps download), even though I have broadband.  I have found a temporary fix for the problem.  In Device Manager, under the Intel Pro driver properties, I noticed that the power management for the wireless card is all the way down.  By increasing the power, my internet problem is fixed.  However, every time I restart the computer, the same thing happens again.  How can I fix this long term?

I have a problem with the Intel Pro Wireless card in my T60.  When I try to use the internet, it is incredibly slow (about 9 kbps download), even though I have broadband.  I have found a temporary fix for the problem.  In Device Manager, under the Intel Pro driver properties, I noticed that the power management for the wireless card is all the way down.  By increasing the power, my internet problem is fixed.  However, every time I restart the computer, the same thing happens again.  How can I fix this long term?

• Need Help for Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Netw Card

Hello, I have an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Netw Card on an LG laptop model no LW65-PCMU1 with Windows XP PRO.
    The wireless card will not detect any networksAfter re installing windows and its drivers. And I do have a LINKSYS Wireless-G 2.4GHZ Broadband Router. But one other thing. The first time I got the computer it had this probleme. Then for some reason I had to format and re install windows and It worked. Now once again, I formated today and its back to when I got the computer.
    If someone understands this blabering, can you please help.
    Thanks
    SgtJoeDes 

The first thing to try is to simply turn off your computer's software firewall, and see if this helps you get a wireless connection.  Note that some Zone Alarm users have had to uninstall Zone Alarm to get the firewall turned off.
    Next, be sure you download and install the latest driver for your wireless card.
    If you are trying to use WPA2 encryption ( = PSK2 = WPA with AES ) , then you should note that Windows XP requires a patch to run WPA2. Go to Microsoft Knowledge base, article ID=893357 and it will direct you to the patch.
    Sadly, the patch is not part of the automatic Windows XP updates, so lots of people are missing the patch.
    To run a wireless card you need 2 things, a "driver" and a "wireless card configuration program".  Windows has a built in "wireless card configuration program" called WZC (Windows Wireless Zero Configuration)  (sometimes called Windows automatic wireless configuration).    Some manufacturers use WZC, while others supply their own wireless card configuration program.
    It is important to note that you should not try to use both WZC and the manufacturer's wireless configuration program at the same time.  Use one, and make sure the other is disabled.  If both are turned on at the same time, this can cause the wireless card to malfunction.
    Whether you use WZC or the manufacturer's wireless configuration program, you will still need to use the "driver" from the manufacturer.
    If you are using WEP encryption, please note that in your computer, you must enter "key 1"  ( found in the router) ,  not the WEP password or passphrase.
    Message Edited by toomanydonuts on 07-05-2007 01:15 AM

• Intel pro wireless card can not connect

Since some weeks, i can not use my wireless network, it does not associate the access point.
    The cared is a intel pro, using the agn driver.
    I can not connect to my wep key protected home network, or public, unprotected accesspoints.
    I tried various parameters with iwconfig, without success, so I assume the kernel module is broken.
    Any help would be appreciated.

B wrote:
    sredna wrote:Yes, I read the wiki page. Yes, everything is installed. It worked for a long time. I read the various manuals. I do it the correct, recomended way. It just does not work.
    Rather than blaming devs for putting out faulty software, if I were you I'd look at myself - the PEBKAC problem . So an upgrade broke it. When was this? What packages where upgraded? Check your pacman log (yes, it exists).
    You are aware the module name for Intel's wireless cards changed? Instead of referring to the card model it's now iwlcore and iwlagn. But then again, if you let udev figure it out, there shouldn't be the slightest problem in that upgrade.
    Care to share any of your cherished errors? Without them there's not much we can do. The BBS has been out of crystal bowls for a long time.
    Dear mr. B, I do not blame anybody anything. I report, as is, it does not work. On my system, in the hope that someone have something meaningful to say, not because I hoped for you to call me names. I do not know what your acronym means, and I do not wish to find out, since it appearently is there to make me less. I do not care for that.
    The kernel modules that are loaded on my system, and was back when I had working wifi support, are iwlcore and iwlagn. I do not know that the iwlwifi-4965-ucode package is used for anything, I installed it because the before-mentioned wiki page recommends that, and I did get working support. I do not try to configure it by hand, I trust udev/hal/whatever is there to handle the hardware.
    But, sorry for repeating, since some time, I can not connect to an access point. No matter if I try cli commands or use wicd or networkmanager applets. The result appears to be the same, there is no error from iwconfig, which does not succeed.
    I can't even remember the date it went wrong, but i know that the kernel was updated as a part of that particular update. rolling back the kernel did not help though.

Maybe you are looking for

• The upgrade of creative cloud is not possible because there is always the error code 204?

The upgrade of creative cloud is not possible because there is always the error code 204?

• Associating a Navigation Item with a View Controller in a XIB

According to Xcode: The 'navigationItem' outlet of a UIViewController has been deprecated. Navigation items are required prior to loading a view controller's view. Instead of an outlet, consider embedding the navigation item in the view controller. W

• Pre-Program DME

Hi All, I am basically from SAP HR background. But we are facing an issue, where when we run the pre-program DME, the corresponding SAPScript form is not being generated. We have asked the client team to give us more information but we do not have an

• Linking two drop down list together

I have two drop downs list and I need to link them together for the user to only answer one of them and it won't allow an answer in the other or vice versa. How can I set that up? If answer drop down list A then can't answer drop down list B else if

• Audio & Video

Hey all I would like to manufacture video clips of myself playing percussion instruments. Goal would be to have the audio be high quality (pair of Shure SM81 condenser mics - need a preamp), coupled with video. Also need to create many of these so qu