Is docking station compatible for T400 and T520?

Since 2 years I am working on a T400 laptop with a Lenovo ThinkPad Advanced Mini Dock for Z,T & R 60 Series. I am thinking of buying a T520 laptop and would like to know if this docking station is compatible? The shop says it is not, and I have to buy the Minidock Series 3, but I don't know if they are honest. Hope someone has experience with this.
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Business_user, welcome to the forum,
the shop is being honest with you; they are not compatible.  You can check this yourself by downloading a copy of the Options Compatability Matrix from this site.
Andy  ______________________________________
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
  Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
PepperonI blog 

Similar Messages

• Docking Station compatability for 8730W and 8560P - KP081AA?

Hello -
    I'm using a KP081AA for my 8730W with no issues even though it isn't listed as being compatible. I need to use a 8560P on this docking station as well. Will it work also?
    Thanks -
    Ty

Neither is on the official compatibility list but without seeing the laptop it is hard to say if the docking connector is the same on the two laptops. I would do a google image search on the 8560p and see if the dock connector looks the same as the 8730w.

• Hi! I went to the new Apple new shop and I was looking for a dock station/ speakers for ipod. Why is not possible to listen the models not in exhibition?! How can I decide?! Just the design?! It's stupid!

Hi! I went to the new Apple new shop and I was looking for a dock station/ speakers for ipod. Why is not possible to listen the models not in exhibition?! How can I decide?! Just the design?! It's stupid!

Hi! I went to the new Apple new shop and I was looking for a dock station/ speakers for ipod. Why is not possible to listen the models not in exhibition?! How can I decide?! Just the design?! It's stupid!

• External HD compatible for Mac and PC

Hi, anyone knows how to make an external HD compatible for Mac and PC?
    I tried formatting in ExFAT and MS DOS but on Mac does not let to copy big files (aprox 4GB) onto the HD. And if I format on Mac Extended, Windows doesnt recognize.

Mitshko wrote:
    Thank you OGELTHORPE and JoeyR,
    Yes, I tried formatting in Ex FAT, MS DOS, and Mac Extended and did all kind of tests trying to copy from one computer to another. I have being reading in some forums also that some people have the same problem.
    Formatting in FAT 32, I had to use fat32formatting.exe from this link http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm because the HD is of 500GB.
    But now I have the problem that big files cannot be copied on Mac (aprox over 4GB).
    ExFAT cannot be done on PC, I guess is because of the size of the HD. I only tried formatting Exfat on Mac but PC does not recognize.
    Fornat it exFAT ON a Windows PC. If you are running Windows XP you need a update from Microsoft so XP can read/write and format drives exFAT. You also nee to be running either XP SP2 or SP3 to install the update from Microsoft.
    Let me add that formatting it exFAT on a Mac can cause problems. Windows may not see the drive as formatted. That is why I say to format it on a Windows PC. Then both Windows and Mac will see the drive.

• Ipad2 docking station compatible with iPad3

Is the iPad2 docking station compatible with the iPad3?

Yes
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC940ZM/A

• Is the Apple TV is compatible for America AND for the UK?

-1-
    Is the Apple TV is compatible for America AND for the UK?
    That is what the Apple TV sold in America is the same as that sold in the UK?
    What interests me most about the Apple TV is to see what I see on my iPad 3 on my TV.
    -2-
    Is the Apple TV will work properly on "Sony KDL-26EX320 LCD digital color".
    Inputs and outputs
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    HDMI® input: 2 (2 Rear)
    HDMI® PC input: YES
    SCART input (without Smartlink): 1 (Rear)
    USB 2.0 input: 1 (Side)
    Ethernet input: 1 (Rear)
    Composite video input: 1 (Rear)
    Component video (Y/Pb/Pr) input: 1 (Rear)
    PC in (D-Sub) + Audio in (Stereo Mini): 1 (Rear)
    PCMCIA input: 1 (Side)
    Analog audio input: 1 (Rear)
    Optical digital output: 1 (Rear)
    Audio output: 1 (Side)
    Headphone output: 1 (Side)
    Network features
    Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi®): YES (built-in)
    Wi-Fi® Direct: YES (firmware upgrade needed)
    DLNA: YES
    BRAVIA Internet Video: YES
    BRAVIA Internet Widgets: YES
    Web browser: YES (firmware upgrade needed and display of embedded video not supported)
    Media Remote (iPhone / Android): YES (firmware upgrade needed)
    Skype™: YES (firmware upgrade needed)
    -3-
    Is the Apple TV can run on "Sony KV-27FS120"?
    Display
    •Aspect Ratio: 4:3
    Inputs and Outputs
    •Analog Audio Input(s) (Total): 4 (1 Front/3 Rear)
    •Audio Out: 1 (Rear)
    •Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s): 1 (Rear) 480i
    •Composite Video Input(s): 3 (1 Front/2 Rear)
    •RF Connection Input(s): 1 (Rear)
    •S-Video Input(s): 1 (Rear)
    Please if you answer detail your answers.

The Apple TV sold in the US and the UK is identical except for the plug.
    The Apple TV will connect to your first TV without any problems, however it is not compatible with your second TV.

• Will the ipod docking station work for the iphone5?

will the ipod docking station work for the iphone5?

Which iPod is it?
    If it's the newest generation iPod dock, then it probably won't as the new iPod is much thinner than the iPhone 5. It also depends on the shape of the dock (if it has a thin space for the iPod device). Do you think you could add a picture. I will give a more direct suggestion of you can.
    Sandy-Wood

• EN488AA docking station compatible with Elitebook 6930p?

I have an Elitebook 6930p laptop at work that uses a KP080AA docking station.
    I bought another 6930p laptop for home and I have an EN488AA docking station that looks idential to the KP080AA docking station but my 6930p laptop is not listed as being compatible with the EN488AA docking station (although it does plug into it ok).  Perhaps the EN488AA doking station is just an older version of the KP080AA docking station?
    Can anyone tell me ifthe 6930p will work in the EN488AA docking station?  I don't want to harmmy new laptop by just rying it out..
    Thanks!

I actually found the answer myself in the small business HW forum of this HP website.
    In that post, it said that the EN488AA docking station IS compatibale with the Elitebook 6930p laptop.
    I have since plugged my 6930p laptop into the EN488AA docking station with no damage done that I noticed.
    The only issue I have is that when I swap the laptop into the docking staion, the display resolution seems to get screwed up on the external monitor.  The desktop is bigger than the physical screen so some icons can't be seen. I haven't had time to investigate that yet.  I am sure there is a setting I need to adjust somewhere for that.
    Gary

• I have an iPod Nano 8GB 2nd Generation device which I retain for listening to speech mp3s only. Can I obtain a docking station/charger for this device?

I have a 2nd generation iPod nano used for speech mp3s only. Can I obtain a docking station with or without charger for this device?

Yes.  Have you tried looking on Amazon for compatible options?  There are still plenty available.  Here is one possibility.
    http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Portable-Digital-Docking/dp/B000KE48CM/ref =sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316447195&sr=8-1
    B-rock

• Does a speaker system (docking station) exsist for IPHONE?

Does apple make a docking station similar to the one for IPODS?

Welcome to the forums.
    Apple doesn't, but other makers are starting to. There was one (in the U.K.) company that is going to release something close to Christmas -- it can probably be bought and shipped to the U.S. if you are interested.
    More and more companies will be taking into account both the iPhone and the Touch and you just need to keep looking both at the store here (which carries products made by other folks) as well as online (a Google for "iPhone speakers" will do wonders).

• Docking station compatible with Otterbox defender case??

Realized after I bought Otterbox protector yesterday that it doesn't fit my docking station with it on.......  Mine is a front docking station so it simply is too bulky to fit with the otterbox on.  Would a top docker fit or will it still be too bulky on the bottom to connect?

Or if you really didn't want to spend that type of money @ Radioshack, just pick up one of these from eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3-3ft-3-5mm-4pole-Audio-headphone-Extension-Cable-/17057 1531071?pt=LHDefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b6db033f#ht_507wt1139

• Dock station compatible with new nano with multi-touch

Does anybody knows if JBL OnStage IIIP Speakers are compatible with the new iPod nano with multi-touch?
    Thanks.

I don't think you understand the problem then. When pressing 'menu/back' on the remote it goes back to the Album list, but there's nothing 'highlighted' and hence no way to switch between different Albums.
    I'm guessing it's because it doesn't make sense to have navigation highlighting on a touch only device.
    It does, however, work on the iPhone 3gs (and all other ipods I've tried), which is why I'm hoping for an update from apple that would fix this. I don't see why they'd purposely make previous ipod docks incompatible with the new nano... then again, it's Apple.
    There's a bunch of software issues with the new nano, so I guess they'll have their hands full with more important problems for the time being.
    I don't see how JBL could fix this.

• R61e With Windows 7 Software Compatible for Roxio and PC Doctor?

Hi,
    I have just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit on my Lenovo R61e. I have a couple of questions about the mentioned software. My full info on the computer is R61e Type 7654-84U
    1. When looking at the Roxio downloads in the download center it lists it to work on Windows 7, however it also mentions that it is for a light scribe DVD drive. I have the original drive in my system and it is not light scribe. The drive is as follows:
    HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-T10N
    Will the Roxio download with file name "d302az00lls-b" work with this device or should I try to install the original version that I saved a few years back from the folder created on my drive from Lenovo?
    I would like to have the iso burning features of that software not just the basic default burning features of W7.
    2. The new diagnostics tool listed for Lenovo does not list my machine as being compatible with this software. Again even though not available anymore I still have a downloaded copy of PC Doctor from when I downloaded the upgrade in the past. Will this work with the Windows 7 OS.
    Thank you
    Vince

On the HP.com site under support and drivers link, there was an alternate HP Deskjet 9800 driver identified as partly compatible, that at least partially solves the driver problem.  It involves a specific set of steps to be followed so that you could configure the printer driver to work with a USB port properly....
    piledoc with Dan Brown and Associates

• Hard Drive Compatible for Mac And Windows

This is a strange problem, and I cannot find a solution.
    I just built a PC with a 300gb drive for just installing programs. I also bought a 500gb internal for storage of music, movies, pictures.
    I want the 500gb to be able to be accessed over the network by my Macbook. I know that I need to format the drive to FAT32 so it can be read by both my mac and my PC, but Windows XP does not give me an option to format it into FAT32.
    I have partition magic and it does not give me the FAT32 option either. What should I do. My goal is to use this drive as network storage and it will be my iTunes and iPhoto library for my macbook.
    Thanks for your help.
    Jake

If you are going to access the drive over a network you can go ahead and format NTFS as the Mac will never access the drive directly. OS X supports the SMB protocol used by Windows XP for network access, so any Win XP format will work.

• Ultrabase vs docking station for X220

I have a lenovo thinkpad x220.  I want to be able to use a docking station with the monitor down on the laptop.  My end goal is to use a monitor with the tinkpad in a docking station and then use the usb ports to connect a full size keyboard and mouse with my 23" monitor.  all this while the laptop screen is down.
    can i do this with the Ultrabase  Item model number: 0A33932?  it is less expensive than the Docking station.
    thanks for the help in clarifying the difference between these 2 products.

no they are not inter compatible.
    X220 uses Ultrabase series 3, or Series 3 dock.
    The X61 uses X6 ultrabase that were only compatible with X60s, X60, X61s, X61 machines.
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Maybe you are looking for

• Where did my ringtones go after I downloaded them from VCast tones?

I just recently bought a LG Lucid.  This is my first smartphone, so it's a big change coming from a basic phone.  I recently purchased some ringtones from the VCast tones app on my phone, but now I can't find them anywhere.  When I go into my recent

• How do I create an alert for a collection?

Hi, I created a collection that queries computers with Endpoint definition files of 7 days and older.  Now, I want an email alert daily what computers are in that collection.  How do I do that? Please give me some steps if possible because I am not f

• Doubt in SM59

Hi Experts, While creating the RFC destination for IDOC Adapter we choose the connection type as " 3 " ( ABAP Connection ) But for the RFC adapter the connection type is " T " (TCP/IP) . What is the reason behind this ? And in the Sender RFC adapter

• How do I set the monitor to a bluetooth headset and real instrument thru built in jack?

So, here's the ingredients: - Macbook white unibody running OS X Leopard, Garageband '11 - Nokia BH-504 bluetooth headset; - One regular cable connected to an electric bass; - One adapter to the built-in input; The problem: monitor the real instrumen

• What problems should be expected after purchasing a macbook in america?

My friend is purchasing a Mac Book in the united states and then moving to england. Apart from the obvious need for a plug adapter, what other problems will he face? How might this affect the warranty or cover plan? Any advice would be appreciated! i