Is it possible to install Win XP on Satellite T110?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL WINDOWS XP IN TOSHIBA SATELLITE T110.
BECAUSE WHEN I START INSTALLING XP IT SAYS SOMETHING "HARDISK ERROR" PRESS F3 TU QUIT.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ??

Of course its possible.
The Win XP does not seem to recognize the HDD due to missing SATA driver.
You have to add SATA driver while Setup procedure.
The SATA drivers are part of Intel Storage Manager which you can download from Toshiba EU driver page.

Similar Messages

• Is it possible to install Win XP on Satellite P20 w/o DVD drive?

Hi, I'm new to this support forum, but I'm hoping you can help with my problem.
    Windows has become corrupt on my Satellite P20-521, yet I'm unable to use the Recovery Disc as the DVD drive has ceased functioning. I was wondering if there is any other possible method for installing the OS onto my laptop without the need for the drive. I have gotten to a stage where the harddrive is essentially formatted (due to placing the HD into another laptop and performing a windows boot that formatted and copied windows install data, however, this hasn't worked in terms of installing windows).
    Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Okay, thanks for the help and suggestions guys. With the info you gave me, I managed to think out the most awkward and roundabout method possible. I've noted it down so that others may attempt to do so in the future if they so desire.
    Process to install Windows:
    Transfer HDD from Toshiba Satellite (Comp A) to Dell Latitude (Comp B)
    Copy the 'i386' folder from the Windows XP CD to a USB Memory Stick
    Use a DOS CD to boot into DOS on Comp B
    Delete all partitions and create 2gb FAT16 partition
    Format C: Drive
    Install DOS to HDD ('XCOPY A: C:\DOS' & 'SYS A: C:')
    Remove DOS CD
    Restart
    Test booting into DOS (if it doesn't work, repeat steps above or find method to remove the MBR)
    Restart
    Use 'Damn Small Linux' live CD to boot into Linux
    Mount HDA1 (Harddrive FAT16 partition) and SDA1 (USB Memory Stick)
    Transfer the 'i386' folder from SDA1 to HDA1 using File Manager
    Restart
    (Optional: Activate 'smartdrive.exe' in DOS if it's available)
    Activate 'WINNT.EXE' from within i386 folder
    Follow Windows XP Installation procedure
    (Note: somefiles may not be found when it's in the copying stage, this may be due to the version of Windows XP you copied the i386 folder from)
    Warning! Can take numerous hours to complete without 'smartdrive.exe'.
    For me, due to the only readily available disc being an 'upgraded' XP (came with lots of tools and service packs allready installed for convenience) install disc, I found files 'missing' during the file copying stage prior to actual Windows installation:
    ieframe.dll.mui
    msfeedsbs.dll
    The files are part of Internet Explorer 7, and are neither crucial to installation nor the running of Windows XP.

• Is it possible to install win 8.1 (32 bit) in Intel(r)Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz /4 GB Ram 1333 MHz desktop

Is it possible to install win 8.1 (32 bit) in Intel(r)Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz /4 GB Ram 1333 MHz desktop.
    Thanks.

Is it possible to install win 8.1 (32 bit) in Intel(r)Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz /4 GB Ram 1333 MHz desktop.
    Thanks.
    Could be possible, but you ask this question to persons who probably think they know it and guess.
    Ask this in the End User Forum for this problem
    http://answers.microsoft.com
    Success
    Cor

• How can I install Win XP on Satellite U300-150 PSU30e

How can i install win xp on U300-150 / Model : PSU30e
    I try to boot from CD Win XP SP2 but cannot not detect any HDD.
    How can i do it ?
    There is no option on bios for SATA support or IDE
    please help me

Hey buddy
    You will not find any SATA or IDE settings in the BIOS. The problem is that you have not installed the SATA driver which is necessary to install the XP on this notebook.
    The key is Intel Matrix Storage Manger!
    The Storage Manager has to be included into the Windows XP OS during the setup procedure using the button F6.
    At the other hand you could include the Storage Manger using the free application called nLite.
    Search a little bit in this forum. There are enough threads and postings regarding this theme.
    Ciao

• Is it possible to install Windows 7 on Satellite Pro 6100

Is it possible to install windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite pro 6100 machine? I 'm currently using windows XP.
    thanks.

Hi buddy,
    Do you really think about Windows 7 installation on many years old Satellite Pro 6100???
    In my opinion this will not work because its too old and not fast enough. Newest OS that is supported from Toshiba is Windows XP and this should be the best choice for this oldie.
    So just be satisfied with Windows XP, its a good choice for older computers! :)

• Would like to install Win 7 on Satellite C in UEFI mode

Hello
    I would like to install Windows 7 64bit instead of 64bit Windows 8 creates too much trouble.
    I saw that there how to install:
    1 - BIOS Mode
    2 - UEFI MODE
    I would like to install in UEFI mode and enjoy this mode.
    But when I boot my PC by pressing F12, I do not have UEFI option for my DVD player:
    UEFI: HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GT51N
    Do you have a specific tutorial for TOSHIBA to reinstall Windows 7 in this mode?
    thank you
    Regards
    +Message was translated by google translator+

wrong
    It is possible to install Windows 7 in UEFI mode dice when it is a 64-bit version of
    If we go back to standard BIOS mode to install Windows 7 that can do because the GPT partition is not in MBR.
    I followed this procedure but when I validate the DVD player that will read out the bootable DVD WIndows 7 but it puts puts FAIL!!
    http://lecrabeinfo.net/installer-la-version-uefi-de-windows-vista-7-ou-8.html
    I want to keep the benefits of UEFI roles and not just convert MBR ...
    thank you
    +Message was translated by google translator+

• How to instal Win 7 on Satellite P300?

I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite P300. When I bought it I had on it Vista family premium. Now I wanted to install Win 7.
    I have the DVD of Win 7 professional but when I want to boot from the win 7 DVD it wouldnt accept and the pc boot always from the hard disk even when I changed it on the BIOS like it doesnt recognise it. I tried with other Win 7 DVD to format the hard disk and install the win 7 like the normal procedure but Toshiba doesnt recognise any Win 7 DVD, it recognise only its original system DVD (the hddrecovery files which combines the win vista and all Toshiba laptop drivers as u know).
    So how to do to format the pc and install Win 7 (if u run the setup of win 7 from the computer I can install Win 7 but I cant format the pc and I keep always the old files and I dont like) so please help me if you have a solution for that thank you!!

yes i have the original microsoft win 7 dvd,but when i choose from bios to boot from the dvd to start format the hard disk and then instal win 7 like the ordinary procedure the system doesnt recognise any win 7 dvd ( i tried with other dvd ) and start directly from the hard disk,but for example if i try with a win xp dvd ,then it work and the system recognise the dvd and boot from it ans start formating etc..it happens only with win 7 dvd ,so what to do?

• How do I install Win 8 on Satellite C850 following HDD failure?

I have a PC repair business, and a customer has brought me a Satellite C850-1KN laptop which has had a catastrophic hard drive failure (just clicking sound coming from the drive.)
    I replaced the hard drive and tried booting from a Windows 8 DVD, by changing the boot order in the bios, however, it still gives a "no bootable device" error message.
    I see no way of turning off UEFI boot, it is grayed out in the bios setup.
    How can i reinstall Windows on this laptop?

First of all you should know that the setting (CSM/UEFI mode) needs to be changed only if you want to install non-UEFI capable system (Win 7 and older).
    Win 8 and Win 8.1 are UEFI capable systems and you should be able to use the UEFI mode option.
    How about the secure boot option?
    Did you find it and did you try to disable this option?

• Installing Win XP on Satellite L40-18Y

I have bought a Toshiba Satellite L40 - 18Y from vodafone along whit the preinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium. I want to put Windows Xp but it sems that the installer doesn`t recognize the HDD ( in BIOS appears the HDD ). I
    `ve shearched other threads and found answer but seems that doen`t work. I have a USB flash disk. My flash is seen as a boot one and I can install windows on it to :) .
    Some help pls to install Windows Xp ( to see the HDD ), and pls if can say links to all programs that I have to download and what to do the noobis way :)

Installing a Retail (street copy) version of Windows XP on a Vista Toshiba Laptop.
    If the laptop has a separate BIOS version for XP and Vista, download and flash the XP BIOS over the Vista BIOS.
    If XP Setup does not detect the SATA Hard Disk, simply turn on SATA Compatibility Mode in the BIOS if this option is available.
    If that option is not available, you need to use SATA drivers on a Floppy Disk during XP Setup. Follow these steps:
    1) Download the Windows XP SATA F6 driver from the Toshiba Support/Downloads Website.
    If an individual F6 driver is not available, download and unzip the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver. The Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver package should contain some folders under the "F6flpy" folder. For example: ICH7M_32bit for an ICH7 based chipset when installing Windows XP 32bit.
    2) Copy the F6 driver files (iastor.inf, etc..) to a blank floppy disk. The actual files must reside in the root directory of the Floppy Disk. For example, A:\iastor.inf, A:\iaahci.inf, etc..
    3) Use a Toshiba USB Floppy Drive with the Toshiba notebook. (some non-Toshiba USB Floppy Drives may not function properly during XP setup)
    4) Boot from Windows XP CD-ROM, start the installation and ensure the floppy disk is inserted in the USB Floppy Drive.
    5) When XP Setup prompts you to press F6 to install a Storage Driver, immediately press F6.
    6) When XP Setup prompts you to select a SATA driver, select the appropriate driver and continue. For example: ICH7M Intel(R) 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller, ICH8M Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller
    7) Keep the Floppy Drive attached and Floppy Disk inserted until XP has completed its installation. Do not Partition or Format the Hard Disk during XP Setup. The SATA drivers from the Floppy Disk are copied and stored on the Hard Disk during XP installation.

• Installing Win in Mac retina display

Is is possible to install Win 2007 in MacPro (retina display) with USB (2.0 or 3.0) as new Mac retina display lacks DVD.

Yes. Install Windows the same way you would in a Macbook Air. Put the Windows and the downloaded support software onto a usb thumb drive. Make the thumb drive bootable and follow the installation guide. http://support.apple.com/manuals/#bootcamp, or use an external DVD for the Windows DVD.
    You should visit the Boot Camp forum. https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

• Why it is not possible to install apps on an SD card on a Win 8.1 tablet?

Why it is not possible to install apps on an SD card on a Win 8.1 tablet? If it is possible to install apps on SD card in Windows phone 8.1, why is it not possible on Windows 8.1? What sort of design philosophy you follow that gives better features on
    a mobile version of the OS but not on the parent OS? Kindly explain if you can!

Hello,
    I'd ask in the
    Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.
    As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.
    Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':
    Karl
    When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book:
    Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Satellite 850 - is it possible to i install Win 7 - If yes, how?

I was in a rush to get a laptop for a job and got a Toshiba Satellite 850 which comes with windows 8 pre-installed.
    I absolutely detest it and assumed I can simply wipe the whole thing and put on a windows 7.
    After reading through lots of advice forums it seems that this machine is built for windows 8 and I can't remove it easily. I am so utterly and totally disappointed.
    Is this really the case? Please tell me it's not.
    I urgently need a reply as I start work in the morning and I need Win7 installed for work.

You are really a funny guy You blame notebook manufacturer because you are not able to install Win 7?
    I assume you are doing this out of ignorance... you are unaware how to do that exactly...
    First of ALL notebooks from ALL notebook manufacturers which are preinstalled with Win 8 supports secure boot and UEFI BIOS. These are Microsoft requirements.
    Secondly: Its possible to install Windows 7 on all notebooks; no matter which system was preinstalled. But you have to know how to do that...
    You said you are owner of Satellite 850. But what series? L, A C??
    Now some basic info:
    To boot from external sources: CD/DVD drive, USB, etc. you have to disable secure boot and have to change from UEFI to CSM mode.
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2B03F30002R01.htm
    It seems that you done this thats good.
    Keep the SATA option in AHCI mode.
    During the Win 7 installation setup, you will be asked to add drivers (SATA drivers)
    Download the driver from Toshiba EU page, put it on the USB stick, and add it to the Win 7 installation.
    Now the Win 7 should see the HDD and you should be able to install Win 7 on new partition.

• Win 7 x64 - possible to install CS4 64-bit only?

Is it possible to install only the 64-bit version of CS4 on Win7 64-bit ?
    I do not really need to keep both versions (I do not use many plugins).
    Thank you

The general advice is to install both 32- and 64-bit version but there is a read-me on the installation disk which tells you how install CS4 64-bit only.
    Quote:
    If you want to install ONLY the 64-bit application follow these steps:
    1. Run the Photoshop CS4 installer.
    2. Enter your serial number. Click Accept.
    3. On the right side of the Options panel under the 64-bit heading, uncheck the box for Adobe Photoshop CS4 (leave the “Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64-bit)” option checked).
    4. Finish installation.
    NOTE: For detailed information about installing, go to http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/

• Is it possible to install WAS6.4 on Win 2000, but Oracle on Unix?

We want to do a distributed installation of WAS6.4, then EP6. We want to install the Central istance on a windows 2000/2003 server. Since all our oralce servers are on Unix machines, I want to know whether it is possible to install the database instance on a Unix box.
    Has anyone done this kind of installation? Is it possible and is this supported by SAP?
    Thank you.

Hello,
    We just finished a distributed install of EP6.0.  The central instance (WAS6.40 and EP6.0) was on Win2003 Server and the Oracle DB on Linux.  Suffice to say, it works.  However if you look at the PAM dated Oct. 28, 2004 the EP6.0 and DB must be installed in a homogeneous environment to be supported.  So... if you were installing the WAS6.40 on a different OS than the DB, this should be supported.  Only the EP6.0 must be installed on the same OS.
    Cheers,
    Mike

• Is it possible to install the T60p BIOS update without a battery pack?

Hello,
    I was running some maintenance on my gfs Thinkpad T60p, model 2007EC1, and the BIOS update failed since she does not have a battery pack. The battery pack is unavailable as it was left behind when she came here for the summer. Is it possible to install the BIOS update with out? Is there a work around?
    Thanks for your time.
    Edit: Sorry i forgot os. It is currently running win xp sp3
    Message Edited by stellar on 06-27-2009 05:20 PM
    Thinkpad T60p 2007ec1

There used to be some jumper hacks on the web for the older Thinkpad models.  Try a Google search and see if you find anything.
    Keith
    Formerly 600E 2645, T30 2366, X31 2673, T40 2373, T41 2379, T42 2373, T42 2379, T60 1952, T61p 8889, T61p 8891
    Currently T420 4177-CTO, T430 2347-A54, T430 2349-L64, T430 2347-UN9, T430 2342-CTR, Ideapad K1, H520S 2561-1LU

Maybe you are looking for