Is the 1RET84WW 2.11 lates Bios for T40

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I am using Lenovo System Update and find my BIOS 1RET84WW 2.11
Is this the latest - cannot find a download on site for latest Bios update - the message for embedded controller was not required - was this because my bios not higher but lower?
really having mouse problems would so like to fix - could be faulty mouse but very suspicious - have made searches for virus and would like to proceed crossing out possibilities but am kind of stuck here
bought laptop a few years ago and because i was experimenting with sql server / web developer to increase skill s for work purposes ie to get work - anyway th drive wasn't partitioned so did  format and reinstalled borrowing disk and downloaded asi thought all necessary drivers but...
all advice gratefully received except asking me to 1 buy more spy software - enough already - 2 buy driver from driver downloads - did i say i had no job?
this site is kinda hard with no mouse  or the family ghost is playing up something rotten

OK some am thinking no one has answer to this??? - i know have used system update etc
anyway seem to have resolved mouse problem which was serious so must have done something right - you know with BIOS is kind a scary I know plenty people who messed their motherboards with bad update
if the 1RET84WW version 2.11 is the latest then am happy but suspect itis not seeing as how the controller did not want to install - or maybe is installed - used Lenovo system toolbox which is interesting but....
I am thinking that RET DR comes after 84 as per 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f   but honestly would like confirmation before i go ahead
Thanks for someone's time

Similar Messages

• Has anyone successfully downloaded the latest 2.40-WIN BIOS for the P100-188?

The reason I ask is because when I try to download the file it keeps coming up empty, I'm not comfortable with updating using the traditional method, as it seems more things can go wrong during the process, and Toshiba recommends using the windows method anyway.
    I don't understand it, the graphics driver they have listed as the latest version for my machine is 8.3.2.0, the one on my machine is 8.4.0.0, numbering convention states the version I have installed is the latest, so how come the 8.3 version is listed?
    Plus when you download a new driver or BIOS they don't give any details on what issues the update fixes or addresses, are they hiding this information from us or just assuming we're all psychic?
    Now they seem to be posting blank files as well, I know we are all human and we all make mistakes but is anybody working for this website paying attention? I sent an email to ForumModeration on the 17th of October about not being able to post as it was coming up as "profanity or inappropriate language" even though the offending piece of text was a link to a web page! 9 days later I'm still waiting on an answer, or even an acknowledgement.
    I'm sorry for ranting on a bit but I can't help feeling it would be easier to get blood from a stone than a information from anyone.

Hi
    Strange. View min ago I have tried to download the BIOS 2.4WIN but I was not able to unzip this folder. I think there must be a zip error. Possibly it will be fixed in the netx couple of days. Lets hope
    Anyway, I have also looked for some additional information about BIOS update and release details but it seems there are no further informations about BIOS changes.
    But if you click on the option more info to the right of every update you will find some descriptions. You will also find Toshiba BIOS-Update Description.
    I think you should read this document before starting any BIOS updates.
    I get also the profanity or inappropriate language message and I assume it happens because of the word filtering which check the message before it will be post in the forum.
    Sometimes its a little bit annoying because I have to change the text but I can live with them. B-) be cool

• MOVED: how to change the cpu frequency/voltage from bios for k8ngm2il(n force 410)?

This topic has been moved to Overclockers & Modding Corner.
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=98841.0

Quote from: tech_junkie on 11-July-06, 16:03:26
    recently purchased an --msi k8ngm2il(n force 410) motherboard and an amd 64 3200+(venice core) processor..but now i cant overclock the processor from the bios settings,when ever i try to change the fid settings from the bios settings and try to reboot, the settings go back to its default value!so i cant change the settings!! so does that mean that i cant change the fid settings and overclock my processor??please help!!please tell me how do i cahne the cpu frequency??please
    do you save the settings before exiting bios? also make sure that you clear your bios once by removing the battery for 10 min, in order to clear all rezidual information.

• HT201371 More Apple id's with the same Touch ID possible? I have two Apple ID's, one for buying apps since the first iPhone and later, one for iCloud. Now with my new iPhone 5s, after installation Touch ID is connected to the iCloud one.

I have 2 Apple ID"s, one for buying app's (since the first iPhone) in the store and another one for operating with iCloud things. Now, after installation/activation of my new iPhone 5s, the Touch ID is connected to the iCloud world. Conclusion, if I like to buy a new app. I still have to fill in the password for the other Apple ID. In the past I asked Apple to may join both, but that seems to be impossible.
    Anyone a solution?

I am logged into the same things on both my iPhone and my MacBook Pro, except for mail. I use a gmail IMAP account and everything there already works on both machines. The iCloud account on my iPhone uses one Apple ID and the one on the Mac uses the second Apple ID.

• Requesting UEFI BIOS for GTX770 OC

Hi
    Please could you supply the relevant Windows 8 UEFI BIOS for this card?
    S/N: 602-V299-05SB1403027561
    nvflash info:
    Adapter: GeForce GTX 770      (10DE,1184,1462,2990) H:--:NRM B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00
    Identifying EEPROM...
    EEPROM ID (EF,3012) : WBond W25X20A 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
    Reading adapter firmware image...
    IFR Data Size         : 1140 bytes
    IFR CRC32             : A4D4C1AF
    IFR Image Size        : 1536 bytes
    IFR Image CRC32       : 08F213E0
    IFR Subsystem ID      : 1462-2990
    Image Size            : 99328 bytes
    Version               : 80.04.E6.00.29
    ~CRC32                : B38C5F59
    OEM String            : NVIDIA
    Vendor Name           : NVIDIA Corporation
    Product Name          : GK104 Board - 20050000
    Product Revision      : Chip Rev   
    Device Name(s)        : GeForce GTX 770
    Board ID              : E12D
    PCI ID                : 10DE-1184
    Subsystem ID          : 1462-2990
    Hierarchy ID          : Normal Board
    Chip SKU              : 425-0
    Project               : 2005-0000
    CDP                   : N/A
    Build Date            : 11/06/13
    Modification Date     : 12/30/13
    UEFI Support          : No
    UEFI Version          : N/A
    UEFI Variant Id       : N/A
    UEFI Signer(s)        : Unsigned
    Sign-On Message       : GK104 P2005 SKU 0000 VGA BIOS
    MSINV299MS.140

Will this one work on my card, n770 gaming oc 4gb ? S/N602-V282-22SB1307018783   ?, I do have a uefi version, but wondering if theres an updated one as the new gaming app doesn't work. I cant see where the attachment thingy is, im not getting an upload/browse option when I click attachment's at the bottom, but, the name of my rom is GK104.rom

• [Request] Latest BIOS for GTX970

Hello,
    I have a problem where after high utilization I'd get some blank screens restarts. Hoping a BIOS update can help fix this. Clock speeds are factory values, but I am reading quite a bit online about cards that dip voltage too low when idling?
    Anyways, please may I have a link to a later BIOS for S/N 602-V316-09SB14110
    Thanks!

It is NV316MH.182. Update to latest version NV316MH.186: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=184740.msg1456331#msg1456331

• [REQUEST] Legacy and UEFI BIOS for R9-280X 3G

Hello, can you please post the latest legacy and uefi bios for my MSI "R9-280X 3G BF4"
    Serial Number: 602-V277-28SB1311072602
    Reason: I'm experiencing flickering issues and both my first and second bios are flashed with custom ones.

Quote from: Svet on 15-February-15, 23:36:08
    attached below
    Thank you very much, but which one is legacy and which one is uefi?
    I got two files - TV277MH.330 and TV277MS.330

• AHCI option on any bios for K9N6PGM-FI mobo (MS-7309)

Hi,
    I have ver 1.6 bios on the K9N6PGM-FI mobo (MS-7309) which does not seem to have the AHCI option for sata. After installing a Samsung 830 128GB ssd cache/temp file disk (for photoediting), connected through sata II, I ran Samsung's Magician software, which suggests activating AHCI would give better performance. Does anybody know if the latest ver 1.C bios for this 'old' board has the AHCI option?
    Pan
    Win XP SP3
    K9N6PGM-FI
    v1.6 bios
    MCP61 with latest driver 15.56
    AMD Athlon 64x2 3.01GHz
    Maxtor S TM3320820AS 320GB boot (OS) HDD Sata I
    GeForce 8400GS 512MB
    4 GB Ram DDR2 800
    Syba SD-PEX20122 VLI VL80x PCI-E 2-Port USB 3.0 Controller Card
    Seagate STBV2000200 2TB Expansion USB 3.0 Extremal HDD
    StarTech.com 2.5 inch SATA Removable Hard Drive Bay for PC Expansion Slot
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD Sata III
    Diskeeper 12 Pro (with Trim)
    Acronis Home 10

You're welcome!

• BIOS for Medion X7821

Hi,
    Wondering whether it's possible to get a nicer BIOS for the Medion X7821 (e.g. all "hidden" options available).
    I hope I'm not going over something that's already not possible; whereas the thread VBios Medion Erazer x7821x equal to MSI GT70 Series says no, the other (newer) threads Unlock BIOS for Medion X7872? and  MS-16F3 (Medion X6823) Unlocked Bios request look hopeful!
    BIOS version: E1752IM7.50M
    Date/time: 01/04/2013 17:06:57
    EC Version: 1762EM71 Ver5.0.3
    EC Build: 09/25/2012
    ME FW Version: 8.1.0.1248
    From HWiNFO64:
    Release date: 01/04/2013
    Start segment: F000
    Size: 3072KB
    System Version: 4.6
    Win8, EFI, non-RAID
    Core i7-3630QM
    Nvidia 680M 2GB
    [Edit 1: Add more information, e.g. EC and ME]

I hope I'm not going over something that's already not possible; whereas the thread VBios Medion Erazer x7821x equal to MSI GT70 Series says no
    We don't support OEM products, but only retails MSI units.
    he other (newer) threads Unlock BIOS for Medion X7872? and  MS-16F3 (Medion X6823) Unlocked Bios request look hopeful!
    Those are considered private cases in custom modded area,[related to me only] where i can make exceptions for some cases.[if its related to some modification, no other support]
    BIOS version: E1752IM7.50M
    Date/time: 01/04/2013 17:06:57
    EC Version: 1762EM71 Ver5.0.3
    EC Build: 09/25/2012
    ME FW Version: 8.1.0.1248
    From HWiNFO64:
    Release date: 01/04/2013
    Start segment: F000
    Size: 3072KB
    System Version: 4.6
    Win8, EFI, non-RAID
    Core i7-3630QM
    Nvidia 680M 2GB
    It's not 100% sure, but think 90% yes can be done

• New Bios for K9N Neo-F. Is it possible?

It has possibility of the MSI to launch a Bios for the K9N Neo-F, with more options of OC? how adjustment of VCore, for example?

Quote from: nascarbr on 23-January-07, 10:26:11
    But it does not use same chipsets of Abit KN9S, that is very good of OC?
    no idea for Abit KN9S, to your main question again don't think MSI will add more OC options in futures BIOS in that board, but that is my guess only.

• BIOS for K8N Neo2 Platinum

Hi to all. 
    Just wanted to know what's the best and most stable bios for my K8N Neo2 Platinum. I'm currently running ver. 1.B, but I've read that ver. 1.9 is the best. Just wanted to know everyone's thought on this one.
    In case ver. 1.8 is better,
    ¿can I flash my bios to ver. 1.9 from 1.B without having any problems?
    ¿Is ver. 1.9 better for overclocking?
    Thanks. 

Quote from: Stu on 20-May-06, 07:55:41
    if you wanna OC, then Syar's BIOS is the best bet; its the one i use
    I agreed with you Stu as I'm also using Syar's Bios 1C.  

• What's the correct bios for my Satellite A100? Is PSAA9E = PSAA9 ?

Hi,
    I wanna do a BIOS Update. But If I go to the Toshiba-driversite: http://de.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_bios.jsp and choose Notebook-->Satellite-->A series there are listed:
    A100 (PSAA2)
    A100 (PSAA8)
    A100 (PSAA9)
    A100 (PSAAN)
    A100 (PSAAR)
    At the undersite of my Laptop is printed: PSAA9E. Is this the same as PSAA9 ?

Hi mate,
    dont worry and download the bios for PSAA9 since toshiba cuts the last digits from the model number because the last digit probably the region or country describes. I am not sure, but what I am sure is that PSAA9E definetively PSAA9 is.
    Cheers

• The bottom rubber case of my macbook 13" late 2009 has expanded and has detached from the main body..As i'm not presently under warrantty i wanted to know will the repair be free of charge for me. I had once got it replaced for free but in warranty.

The bottom rubber case of my macbook 13" late 2009 has expanded and has detached from the main body..As i'm not presently under warranty i wanted to know will the repair be free of charge for me. I had once got it replaced for free but in warranty. As i read some where in the support that apple had agreed with the defect and had decided to replace the bottom covers without any charge. And even if i'm charged for it what will be the amount  will hav to pay for it..
    Thankx

Hi,
    Here's the Bottom Case Replacement Link
    http://www.apple.com/support/macbook-bottomcase/
    It doesn't answer your specific questions about cost... but it does advise to contact an Apple Store or an AASP...
    Anyway have a look at it... if you haven't already..
    Cheers and Good Luck...

• How to install the new BIOS for Satellite Pro M50 running Ubuntu

I am running Ubuntu on my Pro M50. Could someone advise me what the latest BIOS is and how to install it?
    The BIOS upgrade site here seems to havean exe file but I couldn't see the BIOS file within?
    Thanks

Why do you want to update the BIOS?!
    Do you have any big troubles with your notebook?!
    The Toshiba European driver page provides BIOS for XP and BIOS for Vista.
    Both BIOS versions must be executed while the operating system is running!
    If you use the Linux on your notebook, you will be not able to update the BIOS!!!
    Do you understand?
    Once again; The BIOS update should be done ONLY if its absolutely necessary. In other case dont update it!

• How to find the latest BIOS for my T60P?

Dear Experts,
    I own a T60P 2007FBG which I like very much cause it still works like a charm. I'm interested in uploading the latest BIOS but, unfortunately, "my" model type isn't listed on Lenovo's website:
    http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/12b4-c4-3c77.jpg
    It would be very appreciated if somebody showed me the way to the latest and correct BIOS for my T60P.
    Many thanks in advance
    pudu51
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

They all work for me.  Entering 2007FBG leads me to the following;
    My guess is that you need to clear your selection on the support site before trying the quick path or following my other link.  By the way, the drivers on the linked to page will be relevant to your system, 2007 is the important relevant part in the MTM as far as drivers and BIOS are concerned.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

Maybe you are looking for

• Touchpad not working after suspend/resume on Asus R409LD

Hello, I have installed Arch on my Asus laptop and I had issues with the FocalTech touchpad being detected as a generic mouse. This problem is now fixed in the mainline kernel which I use (cf https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AS … #Touch_Pad). How

• Monitor says - "No Signal"

My G3 has been connected to a 21" Dell (really a Sony Trinitron CRT flat-screen) for over 6-1/2 years, and worked flawlessly. One day, on start-up, I get a blank screen with a terse message- "NO SIGNAL." (!!) Checked all the connectors, pulled & rese

• Can I delete ALL photo's not used in Albums?

Hi, So, my iPhoto Library has become too big to manage. about 40 gigs. My albums are filled with my selected photos. Is there I way I can delete everything else, not used in an album? Do I have to click on the photo tab and delete manually? I hate to

• Why doesn't Time Capsule appear in Disk Utility anymore?

Time Machine gave me a msg that it was unable to back up yesterday due to a problem with an image on my iMac (21.5") drive. It said to repair the external drive I'm using with Disk Utility. I tried the Time Capsule I'm using and which is hooked up an

• Hiding passwords behind **** in command line.

Hi, I am coding a program that needs a password, and I want to hide it but I just can't find the proper way. I've tried jline to no avail, I couldn't get it to work. Any ideas on ways to hide a password behind ****? Thanks, bto.