Is there a way to recover purged calendar files for Tungsten T5?

I accidently purged 2 months of calendar files from my Tungsten T5 a few days ago. The kicker to this scenario is I hotsynced my PDA 2 months ago. I did not check the "save archive on pc" in the dialog box. Is there a way to recover the deleted calendar records?
Post relates to: Tungsten T5

I take it that the calendar data is also not in Palm DT any longer? Have you synced more then once? There is a backup made automatically in the Palm software; but it would be overwritten if you have synced more then once.
If your data is not on the device, or in Palm DT software, and you have synced more then once, there would not be any way to recover your data unless your computer has been backed up at some point within the 2 months. 

Similar Messages

• Is there a way to recover corrupted psd. files?

I recently transferred all my work from a work computer to my mac at home. i am unable to access my work computer until October as we are having a 'break'. However, I have a deadline for September 15th and I need all my files.
    Some older files open perfectly fine but I fear there was a problem in downloading-perhaps due to my haste to leave and enjoy the beautiful weather!
    I tried downloading a Remo Repair software but unfortunately this was unable to launch. Is there program out there that you would recommend in this instance for me to recover my psd files-which are of great importance!
    Any help would be appreciated
    Basic notes:
    Created on Windows computer cs5
    Trying to open on Mac cs5
    Sd card used to transfer-couldn't eject, this may be the problem

It is most difficult to recover a corrupted file.  Many have tried but almost all end up in failure.  Try opening in another program.  IF you can then "save as" and you can probably open in PS.
    Do you have a backup?  Do you still have original files on Win computer?  These are your best bets.  It is too late for these files, but I think you can see the necessity of having a backup on a separate HD or even on a disk.

• Is there a way to create a commentary file for the summary screen?

I am not seeing the summary screen in the list of commentary files in the \Development\include\commentary\en-CA\screen path. Is there a way to create a commentary for the summary screen?
    Thanks all.

thanks Kristy,
    I'm not sure of the best way to add any requests we have for future releases.
    If there is one, let me know what is best.
    Here is what I want to add.
    In the properties file, one can set decision report preferences for an attribute - for invisible and silent.
    I wish we could also set preferences for bold, and given that, I guess it makes sense to be able to set preferences for italic and underline
    While these can be addressed through custom properties and XSLT, it obviously would be easier for the modeler to be able to select the attribute enhancement in the properties file. Given that decision reports can get very long, and there are attributes which might be better highlighted in some way, this would be a great approach.

• Is there a way to list all .DS_Store files for selective deletion?

I routinely run VirusBarrier X6 antivirus software. Every time I do, it gets hung up on a single .DS_Store file for days on end, and I have no way to ascertain where the file is located. I understand that .DS_Store files are hidden and in every folder, so I was wondering if there was a way to list all of them via Spotlight or a Terminal command line. Whenever VirusBarrier has been hung up on a system file in the past, it's been freakishly large. I figured if I could list and sort all of the .DS_Store files, it might help me to pinpoint the one responsible for the hang-up. I know about the Terminal command to show all hidden files, but I do not know how to view them all together in a sortable list by size.
    I am also aware of the Terminal command that deletes all .DS_Store files on your computer, but I've read that it may lead to catastrophic results. I'm not looking to cripple my computer over a virus software hang-up.
    Thank you.

I'm not looking to cripple my computer over a virus software hang-up.
    The computer is already crippled. Remove the Intego product, which is worse than useless and worse than the imaginary "viruses" would be if they really existed, which they don't, by following the instructions on this page. If you have a different version, the procedure may be different.
    Back up all data before making any changes.

• Is there a way to create a .dmg file for a DVD inserted into the system

I am wondering if Snow Leopard has integrated any tools that can create a .dmg file for the CD or DVD inserted into the system?
    If not, any recommendations for freeware 3rd party tools? Thanks

Insert the disc you want to create the .dmg from, then choose the disc in the left hand pane of Disk Utility. From the File menu, choose New > Disk Image from (name of disc).
    EDIT: This is basically how it's done; however, there may be other steps involved, depending on the type of disc you're trying to copy and what your goals are with the .dmg. If you provide more details about what you're trying to achieve, maybe we can help you further.
    Message was edited by: Tuttle

• Is there a way to recover deleted video files from the finder folder

I recently and mistakenly deleted video files that were in my Finder folder,don't know why they were in there but that's another question, in doing this it also deleted them from IMovie and I have lost them unless someone out there know's different,
    Colin

If you haven't emptied your trash, they should be there.
    If not, they should be in your last Time Machine backup. (Or other backup.)
    Matt

• We had our MAC book Pro stolen and we registered it with Apple. Is there any way to recover the serial number for police reports if the receipt does not have the serial number on it? Thx

We had our Mac Book Pro stolen and have not been able to recover the serial number from our Best Buy receipt. We did register it with Apple during the set-up and downloaded music on it thru ITunes.  Any chance we can recover the serial number from somewhere?  Any details would be helpful.  Thank you!

You can try going here, using the same AppleID you used on the machine:
    https://supportprofile.apple.com/
    You should see a list of all the devices registered to you

• Is there a way to turn off calendar notifications for ical and outlook when the program is not active?

Hi - i'm finding these to be a little bit annoying, anyone know how to do this?  The Outlook ones bug me more than the iCal ones.  Also, i'm wondering if that is hurting battery life to have that running the background.

I'd install Better Touch Tool (free). Add two gestures for Finder ONLY that have "No action" associated with them. This disbales pinch/zoom on the desktop AND in any Finder window, but not in any other application.
    If you'd like to occasionally use pinch to zoom in the Finder (to zoom into a photo thumbnail for example), then add two more gestures, again for Finder ONLY - but this time also selecting one of the modifier keys (e.g. "Option" key). For these gestures set as "Use Apple Default or do nothing".
    Together, this enables disabling of the zoom feature (to prevent accidental zooming of the desktop icons for example). But whenever you'd like to zoom into a document or photo etc in a Finder Window (which are also now disabled), you can now simply hold down "Option" key and the Pinch functions work again.
    This solution works for me on 10.6.8

• Is there any way to open an OST file for extraction of info?

Does the Offline Address Book download somewhere that you can check? Maybe that has the contact information you need.

So I've got a weird one...
    Whole network kind of went down. Server crashed and the backups don't seem to have worked. A workstation crashed. We have the OST file from the workstation thankfully, but have no idea how to extract data. We honestly just need to get to the contacts.
    Emails, calendars, etc. are not even desired. Just the contacts.
    I hope someone can point us in the right direction of a free solution.
    This topic first appeared in the Spiceworks Community

• While trying to sync my calendar to my new mac, I lost all my calendsr events on my iPhone. Best guess is I calends't set up icloud on my phone first and my computer delted them. Is there any way to recover them from iCloud?

While trying to sync my calendar to my new mac, I lost all my calendar events on my iPhone. Best guess is I didn't set up icloud on my phone first and my computer deleted them. Is there any way to recover my calendar from iCloud?

Your music will only be where you put it.
    Did you copy all of your music from your backup copy of your old computer to your new one?

• I accidentally over-wrote a NOTES file when update it from my iPhone.  Is there a way to recover this previous version of the file from iCloud or TimeMachine backups?

I ther as way to recove a NOTES files that has been recently over-written?

If you synchronize Notes with iCloud, open the iCloud preference pane and uncheck the box marked Notes. If you sync Notes with another mail service, disable that in the Internet Accounts or Mail, Contacts & Calendars preference pane. You may be warned that notes stored on the server will be deleted. If you trust your backups, confirm. Leave the window open.
    Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:
    ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes
    Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select
    Services ▹ Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)
    from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item named "com.apple.Notes" selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the selected item to the Trash, then restore it from a backup that predates the unwanted change. If you back up with Time Machine, enter it and select the snapshot from which you want to restore.
    Log out or restart and empty the Trash.
    Re-enable synchronization in System Preferences, if you disabled it.
    *If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select
    Go ▹ Go to Folder...
    from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

• Is there any way to recover a file if Time Machine is not set up?

I accidentally overwrote a file in word (i saved it as the same name and i agreed to overwrite it). I do not have Time Machine set up. Is there any way to recover the original file?

There's a slim chance. +*Stop using the drive IMMEDIATELY.+*
    Then see: [Data Recovery|http://web.me.com/pondini/AppleTips/Recover.html].

• Is there any way to recover deleted account on outlook express?

I didn't know that deleting account in outlook express will also delete the DBX files of that account. Is there any way to recover the dbx files?

Unfortunately, the mail accounts settings (and messages rules) for Outlook Express are stored in the Windows registry and not in a file that can be easily restored.

• Is there a way to recover a deleted calendar without deleting the rest?

Is there a way to recover a deleted calendar without deleting the rest?

You probably couldn't retrieve the deleted texts even if you had the phone, at least not without some expensive forensic software.
    If there is a recent back up of his phone on a computer that you legaly have access to, you might have some luck with something like BackUpExtractor.
    Note: Should you wish to use any of this information in legal proceedings, consult your attorney before doing anything.

• Iphone sync has deleted my computer calendar. is there any way to recover it?

iphone sync has deleted my computer calendar. is there any way to recover it?

Have you synced again since this happened?  (If not, don't.)

Maybe you are looking for