Is W510's 135w Power Supply Safe To Use With T61?

I just ordered a new W510, whick of course comes with the 135w power supply. All documentation says that it is compatible with other Thinkpads goint back to the T400. There have been BIOS updates to accomodate the 135w supply on these machines.
I have a T61 (90w power). I plugged the 135w into it BRIEFLY, and the power manager indicated a 120w power supply connected.
---- Does this mean it IS safe to use the 135w brick with the T61? I need someone who is truly informed to weigh in.
Many thanks to all!

Hi and welcome to the forum!
See the KB:- http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/AC-Adapter-Compatibility/ta-p/288146
Hope this helps.
Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
IdeaPad: U350
Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
  Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Similar Messages

• W510 135w Power supply questions? Differences...

Hi,
    Recently I purchased a new 135w power supply for my w510 off of amazon. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038LYW8O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00)
    When I got the power supply in the mail I plugged it in. Within only 5 minutes it got VERY hot and then just stopped working.
    When I compared it to my old power supply I noticed slight differences. I attached some images below. Can someone give me some insight to this? Did I get a knock off or incorrect power supply?
    The left side is the new one, the right is the original shipped with my laptop.
    Link to picture
    The first thing I noticed was the icon on the bottom left is yellow on the new one, it's not on the original. What does that mean?
    Also different sized text, PIN's and icons in the center.
    The other big difference was the plugs that go into the power outlet. Again... New on the left, original on the right.
    Link to picture
    I have no idea if anything makes a difference that I mentioned. I'm just trying to figure out if I should exchange the one I got for another or get a refund. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks!
    Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

I don't believe it's a copy. 
    Both the different FRU numbers are listed on this site and match the 135W adapter FRU numbers.  I would suggest that the difference is source manufacturer, Lenovo doesn't rely on one source for particular components alone; it would be too risky.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• The output of a power supply in labview using a Magna Power LXI over RS232 to simulate a periodic voltage.

How can I toggle the output of a power supply in labview using a Magna Power LXI over RS232 to simulate a periodic voltage?  Any help would be apreciated?

LXI is Ethernet communication.
    Does the power supply have an RS232 port?
    Are you looking for an RS232 to Ethernet (LXI) Converter
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=rs232%20to%20ethernet%20ip
    But to simulate a periodic voltage you need to send the SCPI "Source" command to the power supply in a loop.
    Changing the Voltage setting in periodic value.
    How fast of a periodic voltage do you need?
    You may be limited to how fast LabVIEW, Windows and your power supply can respond to commands.
    Use VISA writes. It is the same for LXI as it is for RS232. The LabVIEW code would be the same.
    After you select the corrent VISA Ref, either a com port or an IP address, LabVIEW does not care if it is LXI or RS232.
    From a Magna manual I found
    Command Syntax
    [SOURce]:VOLTage[:LEVel][:IMMediate][:AMPLitude] <nrf+>
    [SOURce]:VOLTage[:LEVel]:TRIGgered[:AMPLitude] <nrf+>
    Examples
    VOLT 200
    VOLTAGE:LEVEL 200
    VOLTAGE:LEVEL:IMMEDIATE:AMPLITUDE 2.5

• Boot Camp safe to use with Time Machine?

Is Boot Camp safe to use with Time Machine? I will be installing Windows on a partition and using an external hard drive to back up. I only want the Mac partition to be backed up, though, since Windows will just be used for applications which I can reinstall if my machine messes up.

Yes, this is perfectly safe. Time Machine won't backup the Bootcamp Windows partition.

• Are magnetic cases safe to use with iPhone?

Are magnetic cases safe to use with the iPhone? I've seen a few 3G cases that have magnetic flaps that look awesome, but I've heard arguments both for and against using them.

I received my SENA magnet-flipper case (croc-black) on Friday, Aug 22 and have had absolutely no issues... also need to mention I was concerned with my 3G over heating keeping it in a case now and again, no issues there... in fact, after removing it from the SENA after two days of being on, my 3G was cool at touch.
    I did experience a GPS search issue the day after putting it in the SENA, and three days after updating to r2.0.2 and originally thought the "magnets" interfered with my signal reception as some reported.. but when I took my 3G out of the case and experienced the same search and location issues (not to mention APPLE validating GPS map issues on 2.0.2 today), I am convinced the "magnet's" on the SENA case do not create problems. The magnets on the SENA case are quite small; powerful, as in you can't shake the case and the flap fall's away... and they are inconspicuous to the eye.

• 2 prong ungrounded power supply safe?

I just bought a back-up power supply for my Macbook.
    It is an official Apple Magsafe brick.
    [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MagSafe-Adapter-MacBook-A1184/dp/B002GU57E6"]
    My current power supply is grounded this one is not. I'm worried about where static discharges will go when passed to the computer if there is no ground. BUT it seems weird Apple would make an unsafe power supply.
    Any insight is appreciated.
    Best,
    Kkamin

You can buy the grounded three prong extension cord if you're worried about being grounded.
    http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Extension-Apple-PowerBook-Notebook/dp/B002V4XKRS/r ef=pd_cp_e_1_img

• Problem with Get the current and voltage from HP Power Supply (HP E3631A), using the GPIB interface.

my USB device's power support is from the DC Power Supply ( HP E3631A)
    I need to read using current from a DC Power Supply ( HP E3631A),via GPIB interface.
    When I use the follow command.Why can't read the current value.My environment is in vc++ 6.0.
    "APPL P6V,5.0,1.0"
    "OUTP ON"
    "MEAS:CURR? P6V"
    attached the NI SPY File.Please check it.
    Can you tell me what the problem is ??
    Thanks in Advance !
    Hope you can solve my problem !!!"
    Attachments:
    E3631AERR.spy ‏7 KB

Hi neilchuang,
    A read timeout error is usually caused by an error on the command string sent.
    The first thing I would check is if the instrument requires a termination character at the end of each message (such as linefeed). I noticed in the Spy capture that the commands do not have a termination character attached. This means that the instruments never recognized that you completed the query command, it doesn't execute the requested action and as a consequence of that it doesn't have any data to return.
    One question: Is the instrument detected by MAX when you scan for instruments?. If yes then you can assume that the GPIB software and hardware are properly installed. The scan for instruments sends the *IDN? (terminated by a linefeed). You can right-cli
    ck on the instrument entry in MAX and select "Communicate with instrument". Notice that at the end of the command the linefeed is included (\n).
    Double check with the instrument manual if the commands sent are the right ones.
    Finally, there is an instrument driver available in the idnet library: www.ni.com/idnet. Search for 3631. Since you are working in C you can use the LabWindows/CVI Plug and Play driver. Even if you decide not to use the instrument driver, you can still use it as an excellent reference on how to program with the instrument.
    Hope this helps!.
    DiegoF
    National InstrumentsMessage Edited by Molly K on 02-18-2005 11:05 PM

• Power supply voltage for using PoE splitters

Dear Community
    What is the power supply voltage for Apple TV 3?
    Power consumption has been specified on the Apple product site, but not the power supply voltage.
    Should be 5, 9 or 12 Volt.
    Thanks!

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0d88/0900766b80d88153.pdf
    Every Expert was once a Beginner!!

• Replacing Power Supply 200w ATX-1956D with 1956F

HP Pavillion 873n, replacing power supply have extra adapter. Looks like newer replacement has been slightly modified. Where do I plug this 3 pin femare adapter ?or do I leave it unplugged?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

chariot5 wrote:
    HP Pavillion 873n, replacing power supply have extra adapter. Looks like newer replacement has been slightly modified. Where do I plug this 3 pin femare adapter ?or do I leave it unplugged?
    I would venture to say that your 3pin female adapter should be plugged into a 3pin male adapter on your motherboard.  This allows your system to control fan speed on the power supply.  I hope this helps you.

• Replacement power adapters safe to use?

I need a second power adapter for my MacBook Pro 2008 4.1 It has an 85W adapter. There's a lot of replacement ones on eBay but I worry it might be a bad idea.
    Should I only look for an OEM version?

FWIW, I bought this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220644110266 on eBay, advertised as an 85 watt adapter, had 85w printed on the outside. When I went to About This Mac > More Info > Power and looked at the wattage it said 60 watts. Fake POS. I'm getting a refund and spreading the info as far and wide as possible.
    I don't mind knock-offs if they work as advertised and have specs as advertised, but faking the specs is a big no-no.

• Is Firefox safe to use with Kaspersky (on line banking)...my girlfriend says no??

My girlfriend said I should use IE for online banking on her laptop...I ALWAYS use Firefox & have always hated IE...what should I do? If there's something I need to do to make it safe, please explain thoroughly, I'm not a computer expert, lol...thanks!

You can use online banking with no worries if your antivirus and other browser plugin up to date.:)

• Anybody know if iPhone wall charger is safe to use with an older iPod nano?

My daughter always has to plug into a certain laptop to charge, and her eyes lit up when she saw this charger. Thanks.

The charger that comes with the iphone is the same one that you now have to buy separately for ipods. It charges my ipod video fine, no problems so far.

• Is CleanmyMAc2 safe to use with Mavericks or Yosemite

I recently had photos (folders and albums) completely disappear from my Apertrure Library recently after using CleanMyMac2. I am not sure if it caused some problems or there was a coincident.  I am wondering if others have experienced similar casualties?

Be careful. I tested it half a year ago, and it was buggy. I don't know if the bugs have been fixed. When I tested with a few small test libraries (iPhoto libraries) CleanMyMac2 removed most of the original files and replaced them by the previews of the edited versions. All photos were degraded in quality this way, and any photos with multiple versions were completely messed up, because the originals had been replaced by edited versions. So multiple, differently edited versions lost their original master files and could no longer be reverted to the original, or edited in any way.

• Safe for use with Ipod Touch ??

I am looking for ways to charge my Ipod during flights and periods without access to electricity. Is there any reason either of these two items would possibly cause harm to the ITouch and/or it's battery ??
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003VWXE7A/ref=oss_product
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002T8GSC0/ref=oss_product
    Any comments are appreciated.

Battery extenders work fine. Just make sure they are compatible to your model iPod.
    Check out the new remodeled MacOSG website! 24-hour Apple-related news & support.
     MacOSG: An Apple User Group  iTunes: MacOSG Podcast  Follow us on Twitter: MacOSG

• Is java safe for use with iMac?

Do I need Java on my new imac?

It depends on whether your are using Java applidations or not. Applications such as OpenOffice, NeoOffice, MaoneyDance, and others use the Java Virtual Machine for cross platform compatibility and are not subject to the same vulnerabities that have plagued Java applets

Maybe you are looking for