ISync 2.4 and Sony Ericsson T610

I have always stored contacts in my T610 as "Last Name, First Name" and never had a problem syncing with my Mac address book. Now with iSync 2.4, "Last Name," ends up in the First Name field and "First Name" ends up in the Last Name field. This seems like a bug. Has anyone else seen this?
eMac 1.25 GHz w/ SuperDrive   Mac OS X (10.4.9)  
eMac 1.25 GHz w/ SuperDrive   Mac OS X (10.4.9)  

Maybe I should have been more clear about this.
You cannot install iSync 2 or later using Pacifist from anything but a Mac OS X 10.4 or later Install or Upgrade DVD - either the one which shipped with your machine, or a commercial universal installer disk.
You don't have the option at the bottom of the Devices menu because, no matter what you might believe about the process you followed, you STILL have iSync 1.5 installed. The list of menu items you show is the view in iSync 1.5, not iSync 2 or later.
You need to locate your Mac OS X 10.4 or later disk or purchase a retain version, and then follow these instructions:
Launch Pacifist. Insert your Mac OS X 10.4 Install or Upgrade DVD in your optical drive and wait for it to mount. Press the now-activated Open Mac OS X Install Packages button in Pacifist. Wait for the window to appear - it will take some time to load all of the resources - then double click on the Contents of Essentials.pkg file to open it, double-click on the Applications folder, select iSync.app then press the Install button.
That will install a copy of iSync 2 into your Applications folder. Then run the Mac OS X 10.4.9—at minimum, or the 10.9.10 or 10.9.11—Combo update for PowerPC or intel processor based machines—whichever is appropriate for your platform—to update it to release 2.4.
There is no other way to do it: Pacifist. Original disk. That's it.

Similar Messages

• Sony Ericsson T610

hey I have a Sony Ericsson T610 and I bought a few Java games over the internet and I don't know why but they run SO SLOW!!! it takes something like 4 seconds after I hit a button for the thing to move or jump, loading times are also insane!! it runs at something around 0.4 fps!! Is it supposed to be that way or is something wrong with my celphone? from the day I bought it it was this way already. My friend has a Motorola V600 and THE SAME games run so perfectly on it! no slowing down at all, everything smooth, can anyone help me?
    thanks in advance.

If the contacts are in address book on your computer, why not just set itunes to sync the address book to the iphone.
    When the iphone is connected with itunes, go to the info tab and set the contacts to sync and choose all contacts.
    Hope this helps.

• Problem transferring files to Sony Ericsson T610

I can’t manage to transfer files from my G4 iBook with OS 10.4.2 to my Sony Ericsson T610 phone.
    Pairing works fine, and I can download email using the T610 - but each time I try and transfer a file using Bluetooth File Exchange, I get an alert saying “The file transfer failed: the recipient has stopped or refused the transfer”.
    I have Bluetooth File Transfer switched on. I have Bluetooth enabled in the phone as well as the iBook, and I’m using a D-Link USB dongle. I’ve also tried with a Belkin Bluetooth adapter.
    I’ve tried setting up pairing from the phone instead of the iBook, but the problem remains.
    Any ideas?

Unfortunately I've seen this all too often with the players and will make the warning again to NEVER USE AN MP3 PLAYER AS A SINGLE SOURCE FOR FILES.
    Despite this, sometimes upgrading or even downgrading the drivers can increase the stability. Notmad Explorer is more stable than other programs for data, and with Xstreamer, using the free trial, you can access data.

• Mac os x and Sony Ericsson are they compatible

I have a Cellphone Sony Ericsson W41S, I plugged to iMac 20" PPC and tried to sync it, no luck. How can they communicate with each other? Any solution?
    Thank you
    Luis
    20 iMac G5 PPC 1GB Ram   Mac OS X (10.4.5)   iBook 500, 784 Ram

Apple has a compatibility list for phones that work together with isync:
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html
    But there are quite some phones that are not on the list but work anyway. So i think your SE phone should be able to connect to your mac.
    But as you can see on the bottom of that site, SE phones can only connect via bluetooth to the mac. So if your phone has bluetooth built in, you should try this.

• Linksys WRT54G3G-ST and Sony Ericsson GC89 Compability?

Is the WRT54G3G-ST compatible with the Sony Ericsson GC89 EDGE/Wireless LAN PC Card?
    My Broadband Internet provider uses only this card and WRT54G3G-ST appears to solve some our problems.
    I have been asking my Broadband provider to confirm if the GC89 will work with WRT54G3G, but no one has been able to confirm or deny if the card will work with the router.
    The information that I have about this card shows the following drivers
    NDIS 5 driver
    PC/SC driver
    Can someone help me to confirm that the router will work with GC89

According to the information in Linksys, this router also support the following card from Vodafone.
    Vendor Model
    Option GlobeTrotter HSDPA
    Novatel Merlin XU870
    Huawei E618
    Huawei E630
    Novatel Merlin U740
    Option GT 3G+
    Huawei E620
    Option 3G Datacard
    Option 3G Quad
    Novatel Merlin U630
    And these cards too...
    Pantech PX-500
    Sierra AC595
    Novatel S720
    Novatel S620
    Sierra AC580
    Sprint PC5740
    So I'm hopping that this router does work with other card other than Sprint.
    Is there any way to check if it will work, other than trial and error?
    Message Edited by RuloS on 07-06-2007 05:32 PM

• IPhone 3G S and Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800

I just started evaluating the Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 headset. It looks promising with its ultra-compact size and decent sound quality.
    However, I am having a major issue with the headset. It does not have volume control built in, meaning volume must be controlled on the iPhone. However, using the volume switch on the side of the iPhone does not work when it is paired with the HBH-IS800 (or any other BT headset, for that matter). It seems to contradict with Apple's following KB article.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1840
    Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

I bought Sony Ericsson's HBH-IS800 headset and I just can't believe this. Why is'nt there a volume control in iPhone for headset devices? I've been so impressed with iPhone that this though never even occurred to me. Just thinking that iPhone would play at FULL VOLUME and not let me choose a volume level was not something that entered my mind before buying this headset. Apple usually means quality and excellent user experience but this scenario is a failure. If I use the volume controls on the iPhone then naturally the output volume to the bluetooth device should be adjusted accordingly. Is'nt that what anyone would expect? I've been disappointed for the first time since I decided to buy iPhone. I really hope this is fixed in iPhone OS 3.2.

• 10.4.8 and Sony Ericsson phones

Since upgrading to 10.4.8, iSync can't connect any more to Sony Esicsson phones.
    Has anybody found yet a solution for this problem?

Since upgrading to 10.4.8, iSync can't connect any
    more to Sony Esicsson phones.
    Has anybody found yet a solution for this problem?
    I have also started to have a problem with iSync and my SE K750i. since upgrading to 10.4.8. I can connect the phone using the built in Bluetooth, and browse the deivce etc, but when I try to iSync my contact list and calendar it just fails.
    The log states:
    Connecting to K750i
    Device "K750i" connected
    Receiving changes from "K750i".
    "K750i" finished receiving changes
    "K750i" Processing changes...
    "K750i" engine processing complete
    Applying changes to "K750i"
    [K750i] An unexpected error occured.
    Device "K750i" synchronization failed
    When I look at the Consol Log it states:
    10:33:04.748 [iSync:328] ERROR (IPH): there is no repeating event with id com.apple.syncservices:AD5A6EA2-B2DA-4F22-8BE8-74D34846DA70
    2006-10-01 10:33:04.752 iSync[328] SyncServices precondition failure in [ISyncConcreteSession clientRefusedChangesForRecordWithIdentifier:]: I know nothing about a record with identifier EB5F7EAE-F9AF-4EFB-A5ED-2118D616AF3E. Are you sure you got it from this session or from the session's snapshot? If so, perhaps it has been deleted?
    10:33:04.752 [iSync:328] ERROR (.sync.SyncConduitManager): Exception catch: [ISyncConcreteSession clientRefusedChangesForRecordWithIdentifier:]: I know nothing about a record with identifier EB5F7EAE-F9AF-4EFB-A5ED-2118D616AF3E. Are you sure you got it from this session or from the session's snapshot? If so, perhaps it has been deleted?
    2006-10-01 10:33:05.749 iSync[328] we receive the end of our sync plan
    Does anyone have any ideas?

• I sync and Sony Ericsson Z610i

Any idea how I can synchronize my Sony Ericson Z610i with MacBook?
    Thanks

Yes, using an iSync Phone Plugin from:
    http://mobile.feisar.com/plugins.html
    Jools

• Using Bluetooth to send SMS and dial my Sony Ericsson S710A

Hi there. I can't send SMS or dial my Sony Ericsson S710A phone using the Address Book's standard bluetooth connection (no extra aps, plugins or widgets). I was able to do this 6 months ago, before I upgraded my OS to Tiger and using my Sony Ericsson T610. I don't believe this is an issue with the OS/phone compatibility, because like I said, my T610 used to work fine - unless the new OS is "no longer" compatible, albeit a step backwards is this is the case. Does anyone have any advice, please?

If you were running Mac OS X 10.4.x you could SMS people direct from Address Book, but Apple removed that feature in Mac OS X 10.5
    Phone Amego is an alternative to BluePhoneElite:
    http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/index.html
    Don't know if it does everything you want though...

• Manual transfer address book to Sony Ericsson phone

still cannot find any isync plugin for my Sony Ericsson phone
    how can i transfer address book manually?
    thanks in advance

Here's a similar thread--seems the Satio doesn't always play nice with the Mac!
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2212706&tstart=0
    I think this is the software you need--take a look:
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/sonyericssoni sync/satio
    ~Lyssa

• Is it the N85, the Sony Ericsson, Orange or O2 tha...

Hi All
    I have searched through the threads to see if I can find a previous answer to the problem I have but I couldn't find anything that quite matched all the facts, so here goes.
    A Nokia N85 that is on O2 WILL received Pics but WILL NOT receive vids from a Sony Ericsson (cant remember model no, but can get it if its important though) that is on Orange. The N85 user receives a text message saying "You've been sent a media message from +447966XXXXXX that your mobile doesn't support. View it at O2.co.uk by typing in your mobile number and pin XXXXX". 
    However the N85 that is on O2 is able to SEND both pics and vids to the Sony Ericsson that is on Orange and they are are able to be viewed perfectly.
    O2 have been contacted and the message settings have been sent to the N85 several times, the message centre number has also been checked. On contacting O2 for a second time was told that O2 doesn't support the N85 and Nokia should be contacted. Upon contacting Nokia twice, first time was told it was that Nokia N85 can't/won't receive video files over 100kb but when questioned further the operator then went on to say that Nokia and Sony Ericsson operated different formats. This I could totally accept apart from the fact that the Sony Ericsson WILL receive both pics and vids from the N85. The second time Nokia were contacted was told that Sony Ericsson or Orange needed to be contacted.
    So.... before hours are spent on the phone to either Sony Ericsson or Orange, I thought I would ask if anyone had any pointers as to where the problem might lie? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Disk2Phone application is installed at my PC even I have tried changing my PC as well.
    Sony PC Suite version is also updated [ 1.6.0 ]
    I installed these SW suits on different PCs and tried connecting it but still no success.
    I don't know why this Media Manager appears in Orange color.

• Sony Ericsson w300i and iSync 2.2

I am the owner or a brand new Sony Ericsson w300i. This is a clamshell model of the popular 'walkman' brand cell phones.
    Unfortunately, iSync does not recognize this phone. Does anyone have information on how to add support for this phone, or when an iSync update may support it?
    Thanks.

Replying to my own question. Seems you can get the w300i to work with iSync by following the directions here:
    http://mobile.feisar.com/z530isync22.html
    Once you install that plugin, find the MetaClasses.plist file and modify it so that "W300" replaces all occurrences of "Z530". Then start iSync and everything should work (you may have to pair with the phone first).
    I believe this works since the W300i is derived from the Z530.

• Sony Ericsson W810i and iSync 2.4: "can not connect to this device"

I am using Mac OS 10.4.11 and iSync 2.4, which I believe are the most up to date versions. My Sony Ericsson W810i is shown as being compatible with iSync as shown on the iSync support page, but while I try to add the phone to it I get the message:
    "W810i
    iSync can not connect to this device".
    Does anybody have any ideas how to sort this problem? I've tried restarting both my computer and phone before trying again.

I finally figured out how to fix this problem. The mobile phone had to be initially added by the computer under Bluetooth to pair them before adding the device to iSync. Adding the computer as a device to the phone to pair them, as I had been doing, didn't allow it to work with iSync.

• Sony Ericsson k800i and iSync wont be friends

hello, iam having a small issue, i recently downgraded to tiger from leopard and tiger is telling me that iSync isn't compatible with my phone K800i when on the web it says it is compatible, is there a way to upgrade isync? on my leopard it synced perfectly.

To anyone who can help,
    I'm not sure where else to post this, so i thought I'd try here. I just got a Sony Ericsson K790a (apparently same/similar to K800) and although bluetooth and iSync seem to work fine with this phone (using OSX 10.4.9) the removable storage features of the phone seem a little off. When I connect the phone via USB to a PC, it is immediately recognized as a drive (both in phone and in file transfer mode). However, with my intel iMac (home computer) it is another story.
    When I connect the phone via USB, the phone does what it usually does on the screen, but nothing happens in phone mode or file transfer mode on the Mac (i.e. no drive shows up). When I restart the computer (set phone in file transfer on restart) and leave the phone connected, the drive shows up (and I imgine so would the memory card if I had one) and file/music transfers are fine so far as I can tell. HOWEVER, when I then try to eject the volume in Finder, the phone does not receive the "go ahead" and remains in a screen telling me I can't disconnect it. If I restart again, the phone has a brief period where it says it is safe to remove. This means that in order to transfer files to my phone with the Mac I'll have to reboot my computer twice (once to get the drive recognized, and once to eject it safely). Pretty frustrating/time-consuming.
    Sony's people, although very friendly, have been incredibly unhelpful, telling me that it is definitely a Mac issue, they offer no support for Mac, nor articles in their knowledge base, or user forums for their products (so others might post a solution to what I imagine is not an isolated issue). I managed to find an article somewhere that said that they had an issue with drivers for the USB cable itself, however I tried installing both drivers he listed and neither changed anything.
    Has anyone else had this issue or know anything about how to fix it? Is this normal or as good as it gets for these functions with the Mac? Anyone know of any third party apps (Adium, Crossover, etc) that might be interfering with these functions?
    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

• ISync 3.0, Mac OS 10.5.2, Sony Ericsson w850i device not supported

I have a MacBook Santa Rosa that came with Leopard. I want to use iSync 3.0 to synchronize my address book with my Sony Ericsson (SE) W850i. My phone is on the Leopard feature bragging list: http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/
    Yet, when I pair my phone to the MacBook via Bluetooth and try to add the device in iSync, it finds the phone and then I am told that "This device is not supported by iSync."
    So today I updated to 10.5.2. No change. The Feisar plug-in won't even download. It reminds me that my phone is supported in Leopard. So what gives?
    I have tried unpairing and re-pairing, deleting the connection from my phone, restarting my MacBook, turning Bluetooth on and off on both devices, and resetting the iSync History.

Copied from another thread in which I replied, perhaps it may offer some insight;
    After setting up WinXP Pro under Parallels and installing/running Motorola's software, I was able to finally add contacts to the phone. But this wasn't easy. I first exported vCards from Apple's Address Book and imported the same into Outlook's Addresses. Motorola's software has a pretty straightforward interface, but isn't perfect. In order to "Save Changes", it was necessary to unplug and re-plug the phone to complete the process. During all this, the Motorola software unexpectedly quit a few times.
    But here's the kicker; after all this work, I thought to give iSync one more try... and it worked!!! I cannot explain how or why it suddenly recognized the phone, but imagine it has something to do with the fact the Motorola's software update is the key.

Maybe you are looking for

• Firefox won't even open!!!

I used Firefox for a long time now, and never had a problem. Now, all of a sudden, Firefox decides not to open. When I click the shortcut, it comes up on my taskbar, and that's it. I have windows 7, and when I click the shortcut, it doesn't load or e

• How to Restict number of rows to download data in excel sheet

hi, my requirement is that i m showing top 50 seller in my dashboard. but when we click on download to excel then all 500 rows are downloading. i want to restrict downloading all data and want show only displayed data of dashboard in excel sheet.(ex

• Abap webdynpro layout and application not displayed

Hi Gurus ,     We have upgraded the SAP HR system from ECC6.3 to ECC6.4 and netweaver from 7.0 to 7.1 .     Following are the list of error in EHP4 system ,                 1)  Layout of ABAP Webdynpro Component are not displayed .                 2)

• "Convert Selection for iPod" Command Increases File Size?

Hello! I'm trying to convert a file that has the following characteristics (as reported in Quicktime Pro): Format: H.264 Decoder, 496 x 208, Millions, AAC, Stereo (L R), 44.100 kHz FPS: 25 Data Size: 572.20 MB Data Rate: 659.18 kbits/sec Normal Size:

• How to access Remote File using File Services or Servlet

Hi Friends, I want to access a file from a remote location. How to do that ? I tried to display an image in my client application. The image source is from remote location. I tried with URL, is there any other way to read/write remote resources throu