Laptop keeps turning off (T500)

I have a Lenovo T500 with 6GB RAM,  320GB HDD and an intel T9600 @ 2.8 GHZ. I installed Windows a few weeks ago and haven't used the laptop. Upon turning it on, when I logged in, it said there was a startup error. So, I restarted, did startup repair, logged in...and it said Windows wasn't genuine.
So, I stuck in the installation disk and the only option it gave was to install Windows (I thought it'd have a repair function as I was logged in)
Restarted to do a clean install...blue screen.
Restarted again, laptop shut off. Wouldn't turn on.
Took battery out and plugged in adapter, and it turned on.
Now, within seconds of being on, it shuts off.
I have a cooling bay and cleaned the fan.
So, what could be wrong? The fan is very loud and I'm not sure why. I touched it and it seems mildy warm, but not hot.

Hi Razorboi,
Welcome to Lenovo Community!
I’m sorry to hear that you are facing the issue with system not powering on.
 1.  Please check if the system is getting more heated at the bottom.
 2.  Please enter to BIOS mode and keep the system in BIOS mode only and check if the system will shuts down in BIOS mode also.
 3.  Check if the system is having dual memory, if yes check with removing one of the memories.
 4.  Check with removing HDD drive.
 5.  Also check if there is any foreign particle stuck in power button.
If the issue still persists after following the above steps, then the issue must be with system hardware, and I strongly recommend you to visit the nearby service center for further assistance.
Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.
Hope this helps! 
Best regards.
Hemanth Kumar
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Similar Messages

• My toshiba laptop keeps turning off for no reason

my laptop is a Satellite A205 s7464 and when its on it randomly turns off. I cant seem to find the problem, its not overheating or anything, but it constantly does this.
    can anyone help?

The cpu fan may not be function causing the computer to shutdown. Does this happen when you walk away from the computer for awhile? Could it be set to hibernate?
    the product specifications states the under some condition your computer may shut down not sure what that means?
    from product spec
    CPU performance in your computer product may vary from specifications under the following conditions: 1. use of certain external peripheral products 2. use of battery power instead of AC power 3. use of certain multimedia, computer generated graphics or video applications 4. use of standard telephone lines or low speed network connections 5. use of complex modeling software, such as high end computer aided design applications 6. use of several applications or functionalities simultaneously 7. use of computer in areas with low air pressure (high altitude >1,000 meters or >3,280 feet above sea level) 8. use of computer at temperatures outside the range of 5°C to 30°C (41°F to 86° F) or >25°C (77°F) at high altitude (all temperature references are approximate and may vary depending on the specific computer model – please visit the Toshiba website at www.pcsupport.toshiba.com for details). CPU performance may also vary from specifications due to design configuration. Under some conditions, your computer product may automatically shut-down. This is a normal protective feature designed to reduce the risk of lost data or damage to the product when used outside recommended conditions. To avoid risk of lost data, always make back-up copies of data by periodically storing it on an external storage medium. Use your computer product only under recommended conditions. Read additional restrictions under “Environmental Conditions” in your product “Detailed Specs.” Contact Toshiba Technical Service and Support for more information.
    hope this helps

• T500 wifi keeps turning off!!!

hi i got t500 with win vista 32 bit
    i got intel wifi 5300 
    for some reason the wifi keeps turning off every 5 min
    how can i stop this ?????
    plz give me step by step as im not a computer savvy!!!
    thanks for  your help

i got t9600 proccessor im not sure about my exact model type...
    in the lenovo wifi driver update link it says b4 u install the new update u should check for the following:
    Notes: If you use ThinkVantage Access Connections, the following software must be installed.
    ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows Vista version 5.21 or higher
    Lenovo System Interface Driver for Windows Vista version 1.00.0702 or higher
    ThinkPad Power Management Driver for Windows 98 SE/Me/2000/XP/Vista version 1.51 or higher or ThinkPad Power Management Driver for SL Series version 1.44 or higher
    ThinkPad Hotkey Features for Windows 98/98 SE/Me/NT 4.0/2000/XP version 1.24.0603 or higher or Hotkey Features for Windows Vista/XP/2000 version 2.09.0002 or higher (Note: Refer to each Hotkey package for which version to use.)
    Notes: You may need to re-enter security information after updating the Wireless LAN driver.
    Notes: Before installing this software, you should install Windows Vista fix module KB932063. The detail information and how to obtain the KB932063 module is located in the following Microsoft's site. To verify if the KB932063 module is installed properly:
    Click Start, then click Control Panel.
    Find 'Programs and Features' and click. If this option does not exist on the window, choose Classic View to find it.
    On 'Tasks' pane, click on "View installed updates".
    Verify that KB932063 is included in the list of installed updates
    i know my access connection version is 5.21..
    but how do i check the other stuff? where is the lenovo interface system tray? where is the hot key tray? how do i check the versions of all these drivers?
    and if all is update - i just need to install the exe file of the new wifi driver? how should i do it?

• Airport keeps turning off on my Mac book

Why does airport keep turning off with no way to turn it back on except a restart?  I've seen countless posts on this, but ot sure if there is a solution.

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

• Equium A300D-16C - Keeps turning off after 5 minutes

My laptop keeps turning itself off.
    I've noticed lately it overheats faster than usual. When I use it I have to stack it on books but make sure the left side of the laptop is pushed to the side so the book isn't beneath it.
    I have tried the following:
    Taken the battery out and waited.
    Waited for the lap top to cool down.
    Use the power cord and remove the battery.
    Right now I have changed the power settings and it hasn't turned off as yet, but is there anything extra I should do?
    Also was wondering how to remove any dust that may be trapped inside as well as trying to figure out the over heating problem, I can never have the left side of the base covered even if its on a table as it will turn itself off.
    Help is much appreciated.

Hey,
    > but is there anything extra I should do?
    Yes, you should clean your notebook and remove the dust to avoid overheating and make your notebook stable.
    Here is a good article how to do this:
    [How to clean the cooling system of a Toshiba notebook? |http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=40]
    For example I clean my notebook every 3 months because I use it every day and compressed air spray is really good option for this. You dont need much time and its pretty cheap. ;)

• My ipod keeps turning off

My Ipod touch 5th generation,  keeps turning off when it thinks too much the screen goes green, red and sometimes negatives colors which then turns off , this issue has been going on for at least two months i would say,I honestly dont know what to do .... I have friends which they have sent back their iphone,ipod,ipad back to apple and got a new iphone,ipod,ipad back , but unfortnatley i do not know what is required for me to send back it back to apple. Also I have realised today that my ipod will not turn on , thats either when i press my home button ,lock/power button or connect it to my laptop and my wifi also keeps disconnecting and connection each time or sometimes it wont even connect to bluethoot.
    I don't know what else to do...

Try:
    - Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost      
    Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Reset all settings                            
    Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
    All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
    - Restore from backup. See:                                               
    iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes      
    - Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.                       
    If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.
      Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar                                                              

• I have a mac book pro still running mountain lion.I haven't powered it on in a few months. now when i try to turn it on all i get is the apple logo and the progress  bar after a few mins. of trying to load my laptop just turns off.can anyone help me

I have a mac book pro with retina,I haven't turned it on in a couple of months.no problems then, now when I try to turn it on i only get apple logo and progress  bar. After a few mins the laptop just turns off and nothing eles.any help would be appreciated  thanks

I linked to it above, but here is another link.
    http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

• My iPad is not charging when I pluged in and its keep turning off and on (it just shows the apple logo). I even changed the charger so what can I do to start my iPad?

My iPad is not charging when I pluged in and its keep turning off and on (it just shows the apple logo). I even changed the charger so what else can I do to start my iPad?

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE
    1. Turn off iPad
    2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)
    3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port
    4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.
    DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug
    5. Release Home button.
    ON COMPUTER
    6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.
    7. Select "Restore iPad"...
    Note:
    1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup
    2. You must follow step 1 to step 4 VERY CLOSELY.

• IPhone 4S latest software keeps turning off

My iPhone 4S was overheating a week or so ago, I was holding it and it got awfully hot so I put it down and left it for a few hours.
    A day ago, it turned itself off out of nowhere, I turned it back on and when I went to use it, it would keep turning off and on and freezing,
    Finally today it wont turn on, it gets to the start up part (black with white apple logo) and freezes and wont get any further.
    Help?

Hey,
    Thanks but all ready tried that.
    I took it to apple and its a problem with the latest software update, it wouldn't even let apple run a diagnostics.. It fried the whole thing lol. Caused from the battery so be sure to check your battery guys :)

• IPhone 3GS keeps turning off/shutting down.Have done system restore but no improvement. Suggestions welcome.

iPhone 3GS keeps turning off/shutting down. After numerous attempts I've managed to get it on again. Any ideas - could it be battery? Suggestions welcome.

Try forcing the phone into recovery mode and restore as a new device.
    Follow these steps:
    iOS: How to back up your device and setup as a new device
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137
    Doing this will help eliminate any possible software issue that could be causing this. Setting up a new device will bypass a backup with possible data corruption.
    If the issue continues after this, you should contact Apple for service for the phone as it will very likely be a hardware issue.

• Why does my ipod nano keep turning off

Hello

What do you mean it keeps turning off?
    Perhaps it's an issue with the headphones. Make sure your headphones are plugged all the way in, meaning there is no silver still showing from the headphone's plug.  You should hear a sort of popping/clicking noise when you have fully seated the headphones.  If that isn't the case, make sure the headphone jack is clean and clear of debris.
    B-rock

• Why does my ipod randomly keep turning off

my ipod keeps turning off and automacticly turning back on i have just synced it with itunes.
    when im on my ipod when i enter a app it randomly goes back to the home screen it aslo painfully slow
    i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try:
    - Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
    Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Reset all settings
    Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
    All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
    - Restore from backup. See:       
    iOS: How to back up           
    - Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
    If it still occurs that indicates a hardware problem. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.
    Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

• My 7th generation iPod nano keep turning off by itself

My 7th generation iPod keeps turning off by itself. I've checked on the internet that i have to make sure the headphone is plugged perfectly and it's totally plugged but my iPod keeps turning off every second. I also have restored it, when it was restoring it didnt turn off, but when it finished, it started to keep turning off again. May anyone help me to resolve my problem?

If you still not reached 1 year, run to apple store and change it. I have same problem, but during running and stop not often like yours but only one time.

• Ipod nano keeps turning off mid song unless plugged into a power source

ipod nano keeps turning off mid song unless plugged into a power source

Hi,
    I got the same problem, I just got it last night and charged it for more than 3 hours but with the same problem

• My ipod touch will not charge or register in itunes.  It keeps turning off and then showing the apple logo?

My ipod touch will not charge or register in itunes.  It keeps turning off and then shows the apple logo.  I have tried holding down the button and plugging it in.  It will show the red battery for a second and then turn off?  Any other suggestions?

I have checked for problems with the connections, but from what i can see with the naked eye, nothing appears abnormal. It is very strange, and very sudden. It just stopped in the middle of a charge. The apple store is my next step. I just wanted to see if anyone on here had some extremely eye-opening solution or check. thanks though!
    I'm also within warranty, so it's not a huge problem.

Maybe you are looking for

• P_GROUP Field in S_DEVELP Object?

Hi Experts, When user needs a S_DEVELOP Object,provides the SU53 with P_Group as <dummy>.We also provides the user with S_Develop with P_GROUP as blank.Even P_GROUP field is blank, user is able to work.Then what is the purpose of P_Group field in S_D

• How can I see my files from iCloud on my ipad??

I have some files different kind of files in my iCloud storage... I would like to view and access them from my ipad. How can I view them??

• How can I transfer large files from my iPad to PC-windows?

I have several videos on my iPad (recorded using the iPad camera).  I am trying to get these transferred to my PC-Windows. When I connect the iPad to the PC and try drag-and-drop from the Camera icon, video files greater than 600MB appear with a zero

• Macbook Airport doesn't work on AC power

Yeah, that's basically the deal. My airport decides that when it's connected to the charger, it randomly drops out (ie the signal thing greys out). If I click back on it, the network has disappeared and I can't get back on unless I unplug the charger

• Error Trapping

Using Forms 6i Client/Server... Does anyone have a generic error handling routine for Forms? I want to trap Forms and DB error messages in on-error/on-message triggers to display more user-friendly messages. I also want to retain message bultins in t