Laptop requires a password to start T410

Morning to all,
few days ago, my laptop requires a password to start.
This started abruptly. I carried the laptop turned on to place it on a table and there it restarts by itself and displays a padlock requiring a password.
Please, can you tell me how to fix this.
Bests regards

Did you happen to run a BIOS update?
What if you try a blank password?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen

Similar Messages

• There is no option to use the laptop without requiring a password?

The machine contantly asks me for a password.  There is no option to use the laptop without requiring a password, such a nuisance. Like everyone else I really do not like Windows 8 either.  I'm returning this waste of money and going back to living with my 5 year old HP.
    Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

That finally did the trick, thank you very much Bugbatter.

• My hp mini requires password at start up

My mini is requiring a password when i turn it on. its been ages since i used it and i cannot remember the pw now...how can i by pass this or even factory reset it and start fresh?
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

Hi,
    Unfortunately not - the only other option would be to connect an external usb keyboard and enter the code using this.
    Regards,
    DP-K
    ****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
    ****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
    ****I don't work for HP****
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience

• HT1414 I loss my iphone 4, got a iphone 5 and try to restore the iphone info from my laptop.  But the itune requires a password, which I forgot (I set this up two years ago!).  How can I get into my itune to restore the iphone info.

I lost my iphone 4, got a iphone 5 and try to restore the iphone info from my laptop.  But the itune requires a password, which I forgot (I set this up two years ago!).  How can I get into my itune to restore the iphone info.

Go to appleid.apple.com and try to login there. If unsuccessful, there is a link to change your password.

• TS1398 After updating to ios 6 my iphone 4 would no longer connect to my home wifi. At work we have a free wifi connection that does not require a password. However my wifi at home is password protected. I have the right password. It works on my ipod touc

After updating my iphone 4 with the ios 6 update. My iphone would no longer connect to my home wifi that is password protected. I know that I have the right password entered in. At work we have a free wifi connection that does not require a password and I can connect no problem to it. My ipod touch has no problem connecting to my home wifi. It is a 3rd gen ipod and does not have the ios 6 update on it. Please help!

I'm having the same issues. Started when I upgraded iphone 4S and ipad1 to 5.1.1. Wife's iphone 4g on 4.4.2 has been ok. I've forgot the network on both devices and restored the iphone, none of which changed the issue. I've upgraded to ios 6 on the iphone 4s, problem still persists.
         One thing that will help for a time: go to your router and change the wireless control channel. When I first did this I got full connectivity for about 48 hours... and now the problem is back. I'm now changing the wireless control channel every 12 hours, which is a pain but at least keeps me connected. I've tried a few other solutions that are out there and that has been the best one so far.
         to do this on a motorola router: type 192.168.0.1 in your address bar.
    username: admin and password:motorola if you have not changed the factory defaults.
    Click on the word "wireless" and look for the "control channel" field. This may be set to auto or to 1, try changing it to 6 or 11 (preferred) or any other channel.
    The control channel can cause static in the wireless system IF there are several networks nearby that are on the default setup.
    There is a fair bit of buzz about this issue out there, some other things I've seen:
    This is a hardware issue. Go to the store and have your wifi antenna checked, some users reporting that they get free replacement devices.
    Check against other wifi networks that require a password (this is next for me). Logon to those networks and surf until your wifi stops. If your wifi connects to the internet but stops responding, then this is a software (or hardware) issue and apple needs to step up. Some are claiming this to be the case.
    IF you connect and stay connected/on the internet on another password protected wifi, then the issue is with your router. this is where things get cute.
    Comcast may tell you to update your firmware. Motorola may tell you that your cable provider is the only one who can push through firmware updates. Comcast may tell you that you are not in an area that is being updated. It's unclear if they say that to all customers, or just those who have purchased cable modems and aren't renting them from comcast.
    Good luck, more to come if I figure out anything else, and please post any solutions you may find.

• Require A Password When Viewing A Livestream - Media Server 5

I am testing out Adobe Media Server Starter 5, and creating a livestream using Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2. I believe I have everything working right now, by embeding the video in a webpage and I can see the livestream just fine.
    What I would like is to know how to require a password to VIEW the livestream.
    ex: I setup a livestream I only want 3 clients to be able to view. When they bring up the webpage they cannot view the video until they enter a username or password.
    Embeding the video in a webpage is not required (I am happy to use another method if required to achieve the authentication option).

Ask in the AMS/ FMS forums. Could be that this is not part of the starter editions since they only have limited security features.
    Mylenium

• How can I require a password to be entered in order to install a program/software? (NOT the MasterPassword Option)

I'm NOT looking for Master Password. I DON'T want to require a password in order to start/open Fire Fox.
    I want anyone trying to download or install a program/software on the computer to have to enter a password, and otherwise not be able to complete the installation.
    People visiting my mother keep installing junk on her computer and keep jamming it up with stupid programs and games.

though not really a firefox issue - create a password protected administrator account on the pc & turn the freely accessible account into a restricted user account.
    http://www.wintuts.com/Manage-User-Accounts
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Prevent-children-from-using-specific-programs
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Choose-which-games-children-can-play

• HT4262 I have two networks one each in two cities.  Both are named the same but require different passwords. I am at my second location but cannot connect to his wifi network. How do I delet one network so I can connect to my second network?

I have two networks one each in two cities.  Both are named the same but require different passwords. I am at my second location and cannot connect to this wifi network. How do I delet one network so I can connect to my second network?

Just go to the wireless network preferences and empty out all the stored wireless networks.. then scan and connect to the local wireless.
    Select them and tap the - button below it.
    Once they are emptied out.. it might be good to reboot the computer with the remember networks unchecked.
    Start with a clean slate.

• Been asked for passwords at start up constantly

Been asked for passwords at start up constantly, i only changed my password once and now i can not even get into my keychains to see previous passwords.
    anyone have this problem, pelase let me know what to do about it.

Go here: http://www.apple.com/support/tiger/accounts/
    And ...
    About passwords in Mac OS X
    Mac OS X is designed to give you the safest and most secure computing environment available. The best thing you can do to keep the information on your computer secure is to choose a good password for your user account.
    There are four main types of passwords in Mac OS X:
    • User account passwords allow users to log in to their home folders. This is often referred to as a "login password."
    • Administrator passwords are required to perform many tasks on the computer, including setting system preferences, installing software, and administering user accounts. An administrator password is an administrator user's login password.
    • The master password is a computer-wide password set up by an administrator as a safeguard in case the administrator forgets his or her login password. The master password is usually used in conjunction with FileVault, a way of encrypting a user's home folder so it can't be seen by anyone but that user. If a FileVault user forgets his or her login password, even an administrator can't log in to the user's account with an administrator password. Only the master password can override a FileVault user's password.
    • Your keychain stores your passwords for various applications and resources on the computer, and your keychain password "unlocks" the keychain so the passwords inside it can be used. Your keychain password is the same as your login password when your account is first set up.
    You'll also need passwords to access servers, secure websites, shared folders, password-protected documents, and more. You can use your keychain to store these passwords so you don't have to remember all of them.
    You can create additional keychains with passwords that are different from your login keychain and login password. If you forget the password to these keychains, neither you nor an administrator will be able to access them.
    If you are in a secure environment where smart cards are required, you will be asked to insert your card and enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) instead of a password.
    You can use Password Assistant to help you choose a new password. Click the key button to the right of the Password field to see how secure your new password is.
    Hope this helps.
    Carolyn

• HT201303 Why do I have to put my debit card information when I sign in to download a free app from the App Store? This was not required before. It started happening like 2 weeks ago.

Why do I have to put my debit card information when I sign in to download a free app from the App Store? This was not required before. It started happening like 2 weeks ago.

i had to format my laptop
    You can reinstall Lion (Mac OS X) by pressing Command + R while booting your Mac. No need to re download Lion again.
    Help here >  OS X: About OS X Recovery

• HT5858 I upgraded my ipad.  Now it requires a password to open, I have tried every password I know. Now it is disabled

I upgraded my ipad yesterday. Now it requires a password.  I tried my password, then every password I use.  It is now disabled.  It says go to itunes to reset. I reset password this morning, still nothing.  Now do I open this ipAD.

How can I unlock my iPad if I forgot the passcode?
    http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/ipad-troubleshooting-repair-faq/ipad- how-to-unlock-open-forgot-code-passcode-password-login.html
    iOS: Device disabled after entering wrong passcode
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212
    How can I unlock my iPad if I forgot the passcode?
    http://tinyurl.com/7ndy8tb
    How to Reset a Forgotten Password for an iOS Device
    http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Forgotten-Password-for-an-iOS-Device
    Using iPhone/iPad Recovery Mode
    http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/a/Iphone-Recovery-Mode.htm
    Saw this solution on another post about an iPad in a school environment. Might work on your iPad so you won't lose everything.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ‘iPad is disabled’ fix without resetting using iTunes
    Today I met my match with an iPad that had a passcode entered too many times, resulting in it displaying the message ‘iPad is disabled – Connect to iTunes’. This was a student iPad and since they use Notability for most of their work there was a chance that her files were not all backed up to the cloud. I really wanted to just re-activate the iPad instead of totally resetting it back to our default image.
    I reached out to my PLN on Twitter and had some help from a few people through retweets and a couple of clarification tweets. I love that so many are willing to help out so quickly. Through this I also learned that I look like Lt. Riker from Star Trek (thanks @FillineMachine).
    Through some trial and error (and a little sheer luck), I was able to reactivate the iPad without loosing any data. Note, this will only work on the computer it last synced with. Here’s how:
    1. Configurator is useless in reactivating a locked iPad. You will only be able to completely reformat the iPad using Configurator. If that’s ok with you, go for it – otherwise don’t waste your time trying to figure it out.
    2. Open iTunes with the iPad disconnected.
    3. Connect the iPad to the computer and wait for it to show up in the devices section in iTunes.
    4. Click on the iPad name when it appears and you will be given the option to restore a backup or setup as a new iPad (since it is locked).
    5. Click ‘Setup as new iPad’ and then click restore.
    6. The iPad will start backing up before it does the full restore and sync. CANCEL THE BACKUP IMMEDIATELY. You do this by clicking the small x in the status window in iTunes.
    7. When the backup cancels, it immediately starts syncing – cancel this as well using the same small x in the iTunes status window.
    8. The first stage in the restore process unlocks the iPad, you are basically just cancelling out the restore process as soon as it reactivates the iPad.
    If done correctly, you will experience no data loss and the result will be a reactivated iPad. I have now tried this with about 5 iPads that were locked identically by students and each time it worked like a charm.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Try it and good luck. You have nothing more to lose if it doesn't work for you.
     Cheers, Tom

• I mistakenly deleted all browsers from my laptop in an attempt to start clean with the newest version of Firefox. I still have Firefox on my desktop. How can I copy it to my laptop?

I mistakenly deleted all browsers from my laptop in an attempt to start clean with the newest version of Firefox. I still have Firefox on my desktop. How can I copy it to my laptop?

Re-installing the Firefox browser is fairly easy. For most users the important part is the information held in the [[profiles|profile]] including bookmarks and passwords.
    If you remove personal settings it is almost impossible to get them back. You can however [[what is firefox sync?|sync]] between computers, and that effectively clones your bookmarks etc.
    If you have not already removed setting do not do so now, some of that info may be recoverable.

• [SOLVED] systemd: laptop-mode-tools fails to start (No such file ...)

Hi,
    I recently moved to systemd. I noticed that 'laptop-mode-tools' does not start:
    Loaded: error (Reason: No such file or directory)
    Active: inactive (dead)
    Also laptop-mode itself does not run (but exits successfully), maybe this has something to do with it:
    laptop-mode.service - Laptop Mode Tools
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/laptop-mode.service; enabled)
    Active: active (exited) since Sat, 2012-11-10 10:44:13 CET; 2min 17s ago
    Process: 1020 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/laptop_mode init auto (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    CGroup: name=systemd:/system/laptop-mode.service
    I cannot find anything in journal that would help resolve this issue. Has someone else come across this problem? Where should I look to fix this issue?
    Sidenote: When I boot up, there show up some errors about 'eth0' and 'wlan0' "No such file or directory", but I cannot find them in the journal so I don't know them exactly.
    Last edited by javex (2012-11-10 12:41:07)

When I upgraded, pacman said the following
    [2012-11-04 09:41] The systemd service name has changed from \laptop-mode-tools" to "laptop-mode"
    [2012-11-04 09:41] The change requires the old symlink to be manually removed:
    [2012-11-04 09:41] rm /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/laptop-mode-tools.service
    [2012-11-04 09:41] The laptop-mode.service can be enabled using:
    [2012-11-04 09:41] systemctl enable laptop-mode
    [2012-11-04 09:41] upgraded laptop-mode-tools (1.61-2 -> 1.62-2)

• Is there anyway to set my computer to not require a password at startup?

I am disabled and unable to type on the keyboard.  Can I set my computer not require password at start up?  If not, is it safe to just let it sleep when I'm not using it, meaning it would be on 24/7.

Sure. Go to the "Useres & Groups" System Preference and type "Change Password" and then remove the password for the account. Also in the "Security and Privacy" pane, ensure that "Require Password..." is unchecked.
    Also, you will have to disable FileVault, if it's enabled.
    Note that anybody in the world will have access to all your data should they access your computer, but I assume you're aware of that.

• Airport Failing to require Administrator Password when Turning on/off?

I was using Lion a ways back but became nervous about its security when I discovered it was failing to require Administrator Password for this simple setting. 
    See 'System Settings-->Network-->Airport-->Advanded.'  On the Airport tab, towards the bottom there is a section that states "Require Administrator Password to:"  with a checkbox at the bottom for "Turn Airport on or off." 
    This setting fails to do anything.
    Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it still a problem?
    I took my MBP into the Apple Store in Georgetown, Washington DC and a few guys at the store were able to verify this problem both on my MBP and on one store model....  I would like to try Lion again but I'm wondering if it is still a problem?

Crazy isn't it!?
    An 8MHz Atari can display many motion Screen Savers with almost no CPU!?
    It's a bit like calling today's Monitors Wide Screens as a selling point, when they're actually Short Screens! I haven't found a single web page that didn't need more Vertical!?
    I think you should get Applejack...
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19596
    After installing, Reboot holding down CMD+s, (+s), then when the DOS like prompt shows, type in...
    applejack AUTO
    Then let it do all 5 of it's things.
    The 5 things it does are...
    Correct any Disk problems.
    Repair Permissions.
    Clear out Cache Files.
    Repair/check several plist files.
    Dump the VM files for a fresh start.
    After a bit, it generally speeds everything up.

Maybe you are looking for

• Itunes photo syncing issues between laptop/ipad

I'm syncing photos on my laptop to my new ipad2 via itunes and randomly in each folder around 10% of the photos always come out corrupted with horizontal lines or even half the picture missing.  Have tried reinstalling itunes etc but still get random

• Anything wrong with Bapi of FB60

Hi friends , i m developing a prog with bapi of FB60 it always fire the error no 014 i.e. FI/CO interface: Line item entered several times  i am feeding the data which is given below in the BAPI . Please help me if anybody has worked on this BAPI w_i

• Cannot load certain websites

Hey all. This is the first time I have ever experienced this problem. As of today I can't load Facebook and a couple other sites. One minute it was working fine, the next I was kicked off. I waited awhile and was able to get back onto FB only to be k

• Minimum brightness level capped after upgrade

Dear all, Everything was going pretty well on my laptop (HP Envy 15) with nvidia -intel hybrid graphics, with bumblebee installed. A recent update broke the minimum level to which I can change the brightness. Previous it used to go all the way down t

• How To Assign Role To User Programatically?

Hi, We Need Code to Assign Role To User In JSPDynapage. Thanks SubbaRao Chinta