Lenovo T510

Have a T510 Model 4349WQ9. Need to run using XP. Having problems with drivers for Video Controller VGA Compatible.
Display Adapters are Intel HD Graphics and Nividia NVS 3100M
Looking for drivers to support this under XP

T510 driver matrix:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-74582.html
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen

Similar Messages

• Lenovo t510 can i upgrade the res from 1366x768 to 1920x1080

I have a lenovo T510 which has a maximum res of 1366x768 it has nvidia NVS 3100M graphics.Ive checked with nvidia and it says the gfx card supports 1920x1080.
    If its possible could i buy a 1920x1080 lcd and fit it to this laptop without any problems.Or shall i just buy a 1366x768 lcd.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

There's something strange going on with that link. Here's what I get when I refresh it:
    Panel Brand :
    AUO
    Panel Model :
    B156HW01 V4 
    Panel Type :
    a-Si TFT-LCD,Panel
    Panel Size :
    15.6 inch
    Resolution :
    1920(RGB)×1080 (FHD)
    Display Mode :
    TN, Normally White, Transmissive
    Surface :
    Antiglare (Haze 42%), Hard coating (2H)
    Brightness :
    270 cd/m2 (Typ.)
    Contrast Ratio :
    400 : 1 (Typ.) (Transmissive)
    Display Colors :
    262K (6-bit)
    Response Rime :
    6/2 (Typ.)(Tr/Td) (ms)
    Viewing Angle :
    70/70/60/60 (Typ.)(CR≥10) (L/R/U/D)
    Frequency :
    60Hz 
    Lamp Type :
    WLED
    Signal Interface :
    LVDS (2 ch, 6-bit)
    Input Voltage :
    3.3V (Typ.)
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• Lenovo T510 (4313CTO) fingerprint reader not working at first login

I have a Lenovo T510 (4313CTO) system that until recently worked just perfectly. After I know not what - I have checked the Windows Update log, etc. - now, when booting, when the system reaches the Windows logon screen, the usual 'Please wait' message is displayed, but after maybe 30s of that, it reads 'No attempt to start this service has been made since the last boot'.
    This error only occurs on a fresh boot. When logging out and in again, it works correctly. I use the SSO function, so one finger swipe unlocks the hard drive and should log into Windows. The first BIOS swipe works fine, i.e. it cannot be a hard ware problem.
    After a little research, I reckon this 'service' that is not starting is upeksvr.exe, given pg. 66 of this Lenovo CSS document. The particular error message I believe is a Windows system error, no. 1077 given this MSDN article.
    After removing all of the Lenovo Fingerprint software and all fingerprint data, upgrading FPRS, downgrading, and having trawled the net for solutions to no avail, I have not had any success. A call to Lenovo yielded no help either (no surprise there...) I would really appreciate any help you can offer, to save me from having to reinstall the system!

I had a similar problem, the first time I occurred after a Windows Update.  This time I formatted and made a fresh Windows 7 installation. 
    The next time the same happened again after I updated the system using the "Lenovo ThinkVantage System Update".
    When I tried to open the Fingerprint software directly the following message appeared “The dependency service or group failed to start" and the Error Code E7210001 appeared in details.
    This time I discovered in another forum while searching for another problem ( "Devices and Printers" did not load) that the problem was due to one of the services was disabled, the Credential Manager service.
    To correct this just type in Start the following: services.exe
    Look for the service: Credential Manager
    In properties the Startup type should be set to "Automatic"
    Press Ok and the next time you restart the computer the Fingerprint reader should work.
    Hope this solves your problem.

• Virtualization on Lenovo T510 (4313CTO)

Hello Friends,
    I am using this laptop since several month and was interestered to try Virtualization now.
    When I try to install any guest OS Like Windoes 2008 R2 or Windows 8 Consumer Preview x86 the virualization software (VMWare Client or Sun Virtual BOX) does not allow me to do so by telling that please enable Virtualization from BIOS.
    But in the laptop BIOS already these values are enabled, then why any virtaulization aplication cant read that?
    Details:
    System:  Lenovo T510 (Model = 4313CTO)
    Bios Ver: 1.48 (6MET88WW) Date:  2011-11-28.
    These details are enabled in BIOS under CPU menu:
    1) Intel Hyper-Threading = Enabled
    2) Intel Virtualization = Enable
    3) Intel VT-d = Enabled
    Please advise how can i take advanateg of virtualization on this laptop.
    Thanks.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

HI zoltanthegypsy,
    Thanks for the hint. That actually worked and I can now install Win8 on VMWare .
    Also I came to know that Intel TXT should be disabled to ensure Virtualization working. So this may help other having similar issue.
    So I disabled ALL virtuaalization from BIOS
    Started Windows
    Shutdown
    Enabled ALL Virtualization options
    Started Windows.
    Thanks,
    Prabhat

• Lenovo T510 mouse click issue

Hi, 
    I have Lenovo Thinkpad T510. Lately, I have been having isses with touchpad and trackpad right clicks, right click do not work. This was right after a little bit of water had gone inside the touch pad right click button ( Just about two drops). After this incident, trackpad left click stopped working too, and water did not go insde in this button at all. I had immidietly turned off the machine and botted back up several hours later, but it seems to be still not working. 
    Edit: After this incident, I have noticed computer becomes unresponsive at times for several seconds. 
    any suggestions?
    Thanks..

hey OhhLenovo,
    i suggest not using the T510, call our support team via
    1-800-565-3344 [24 hours/day 7 days/week]
    At the same time and this is something which I had learned from an accident i had with my phone... if you have a container and uncooked rice, place the laptop and cover it with the uncooked rice.
    It's based on this : http://lifehacker.com/269427/dry-out-your-soaked-gadgets-in-rice
    WW Social Media
    Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
    Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
    How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

• Lenovo T510 Freezes Randomly

I have a newer T510 laptop that my company gave me. We have approximately twenty T510's in the company and I would say 6-8 people have complained that at random their computer freezes. Mine is one of them. I've found only a handful of threads but it doesn't appear that anyone has a solution.
    My computer freezes at random while plugged in or running on battery. The computer itself doesn't seem like its frozen just the screen, but there is no way to shut down properly or save any work. The mouse doesn't work and the only way to shut down is pulling the battery or pressing down the power button. I would say a random freeze happens once a month and my computer is on 10hrs a day.
    Can anyone help? Is there any known solutions? Does Lenovo know there is a problem? I have a feeling more and more people in our office are having this problem but their just not saying anything.
    Thanks in advance.
    Lenovo T500 - Windows XP Professional

These are the common problem
    a) Most of the freezes I have experienced are due to graphic card problem. This is IMHO a intel-lenovo, or Nvdia-lenovo driver problem.
    b) A second common source of problem is overheating of the graphic card, especially during intense movie, gaming.
    c) A rare but possible problem is the window networking (especially window xp) trying to find the domain, IP address, network cache or whatever. The issue was so random that I don't think there was a solution. You will experience this if you ever try to connect to a network and find a disk drive, it just 'freeze' till the correct IP and window network name is 'resolved'. Some googled solutions shows that you can set the search time to faster, eg 1 second instead of the default.....with some compromise of course.
    My suggestion is
    a) You can try process tamer, a freeware at  http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/proctamer/  What this does is to reduce the process that is hogging the system and at least give you back some control from the 'freezing'. This works great for me when using XP. You can also see which process is the culprit 
    b) From Bios set the CPU Stepping to be 'balance' instead of maximum performance for AC or battery operation mode.
    c) You can download an official window 7 that can be tested for 30 days before activation is required. Set a 30GB partition and install this into that partition. When bootup you can choose XP or window 7. This is for you to use window 7 to see if the freezing still occurs.

• Lenovo T510 Ubuntu 10.10 Mouse Lag

Hi I have wubi installed with Ubuntu 10.10 on my T510 along with Windows 7.
    When i'm on ubuntu, every few 15-30 seconds the mouse would lag behind a bit. It is starting to drive me insane. I had 9.10 on there before which had no problems at all.
    Is there a fix for it? Is it a driver issue?

possible ubuntu issue.

• Where can i buy a Lenovo T510 1080p or 1600x900 lcd in the uk

Ive tried all the sellers on ebay they usualy sell the model but say it could be an equivalent.Then when i send them an email they say i will get an equivalent or there rating on ebay is really bad.
    Im looking for the 1080p FRU 04W1544 is a AU Optronics B 156H01 V4.
    or
    the 1600x900 FRU 42T0763

This is the real panel.  The real matte deal.  We buy them all the time and they are sealed and shipped superbly.  They are stunningly beautiful screens.
    W530 | 3840QM | 32g @ 1.35v CL9 1986z | 512g 840 Pro | 1t HGST 7200 | FHD AUO v.4 | Quadro K2k | GOBI 5k | Centrino 6300

• T510. Optimus technology support in Win XP

Hello,
    Have Lenovo T510 4349-PG9 with optimus technology.
    Need to use WinXP SP3 instead of Win7.
    I have installed WinXP SP3 with all updates, but can't install NVS 3100M driver. After i switch video card to NVS3100M in BIOS instead of optimus option, i have success. After i switched option back to optimus and after restert...
    The same problem as in this topic: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T500-Hybrid-Graphics-Problem-How-to-blindly...
    Laptop is new so i will obtain new one from my provider. Seems that motherboard is broken or something.
    So the question in advance is: Does WinXP SP3 support optimus technology or i need to choose Inter or Nvidia video in Bios and use it? And if WinXP supports optimus technology how to install drivers in a proper way?
    Thanks in advance!

XP does not support Optimus. You'll have to choose between Intel and nVidia in the BIOS.
    W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1080/688/1376, 21GB RAM, 500GB + 750GB HDD, FHD screen
    X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
    Y3P: 5Y70, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, QHD+ screen

• Using T510 for the 1st time and finger print reader

I am preparing for the delivery of my Lenovo T510 and when you use it the first time, what are the procedures, set by step, and at what point and how do you set up the finger point reader please.

Hello mate,
    On the task bar you have a laptop icon call Lenovo Think. click there and then click on Lenovo Thinkvantage Tools. In here you have all the Thinkvantage softwares in the computer. Just clic on Fingerprint Reader to open it.
    The fingerprint reader can be use to power on the computer you need to specify a windows password to use it.
    you can put a BIOS password and you use fingerprint instead.
    Make the restore disks as soon as possible. To create them follow the steps above and click on Factory Recovery Disks instead.
    Changing the boot order is just a setting in the BIOS you can do that at any time.
    No you don't have to install Norton or Office 2010. If it's already installed you can uninstall them from the control panel>programs and features.
    Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.
    ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
    ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

• Backup issues - New T510 running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)

I am running Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) on Lenovo T510 (4313-CTO). As soon as I loaded some applications and transferred data from my old computer to “My Documents” in the “C” partition of the T510 I immediately began having space issues with automatic backup. I received the following alert:
    Low Disk Space.
    You are running out of disk space on Lenovo_Recovery (Q
    Click here to see if you can free space on this drive.
    The "Q" partition was pre-set by Lenovo at 9.76 GB.  I have not tried to change it (yet).
    I set the backup options to “Keep only the latest system image and minimize space used by backup.” Note that I viewed backups and it lists only one backup image on the “Q” partition (given the warning message, perhaps even that is only a partial image).
    Properties for the “Q” partition indicate
    Used space: 10,476,949,504 bytes 9.75 GB
    Free space: 8,806,400 bytes 8.39 MB
    Capacity 10,485,755,904 bytes 9.76 GB
    What do I do at this point to complete a backup?
    If relevant to your suggestions, here are some specific questions about solving the problem:
    How can I manage backups to the “Q” partition given the space issue – i.e., do I need to reallocate partitions on the hard drive to create a larger “Q” partition, or are there other options?
    Related to my first question, can I create sufficient backup space without reformatting the hard drive and destroying content on the “C” partition?
    Would the better choice be to use DVD media for backup – since using the “Q” partition on the same hard drive leaves it vulnerable to failing at the same time as the “C” partition?
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks, in advance, to all who are able to respond. Peace … E

Thanks Nap.
    To Nap and others
    Got it on back-up.  I did not initiate a backup but assumed that the error messages that I am receiving were caused by a Lenovo auto-initiated backup.  What can I do to elminate the error messages I am receiving (see my prior post).
    Peace ... Ed

• Thinkvantage toolbox not responding | T510 Windows 7 64 bit

HI,
              I am using Lenovo T510 with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. The thinkvantage toolbox used to work (i.e, come up an display, scheduled tests of hard drive and other components etc). Recently, probably for last two weeks, whenever I try to launch the toolbox using the blue button on my keyboard, the toolbox is invoked but then it becomes frozen and just stucks. It can't even pick up BIOS, warranty information and my cursor shows busy/working symbol when i place the cursor on it. Finally, aftre 30 mints or so, I get a message that it has stopped working properly and need to send some message to windows etc and only option thereafter is to close it down. All other things work properly but i am jus tlittle worried what could have damaged the toolbox. few days back i got a message in my windows action centre that lenovo access connection didn't work properly last time and i solved it by re-installing lenovo access connections software from lenovo website. i guess, after that, this new problem of toolbox not coming up is ocurring.
              Will be helpful if the forum can suggest a way out. thanks!
    Regards,
    Kalyan

Hi Many thanks for your reply...
    I have tried uninstalling and re-installing after downloading from lenovo website...but, no luck
    My laptop details as below:
    Make/Model: Lenovo T510
    Type: 4313CTO
    SL - xxxxxxx
    OS - Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    Processor - Intel Core i7    M [email protected]  2.67GHZ
    RAM: 4GB
    Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

• T510 4313 has 64bit windows 7 8gb but only has 2.99 usuable

I have a Lenovo T510 4313 and has 64bit windows 7 ultimate installed. I replaced both memory slots from 2gb each to 4gb each for a total of 8gb but shows 8gb installed but only has 2.99gb usable. Has anyone found a resolution for this?

Good afternoon.
    Welcome to the community.
    What do you observe if you try to boot the machine with only one of the 4GB sticks installed, and then again swapping them one for the other?
    Regards.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
    PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
    X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
    I am not a Lenovo employee.

• T510 Screen Lag

Hello,
    I have a brand-new Lenovo T510 (i7, 4gb Ram, NVS 3100m, 3 displays being used) that I am very unsatisfied with. This is my work machine that doubles for very light gaming (some in browser stuff like 'Tiger Woods Golf) to pass some time.
    Here are my issues:
    1) On my middle screen (A 20" Samsung hooked up via DVI, setup as primary display), there is extreme lag when anything is moved. When moving a window around on the screen, it lags a bit. This is extremely frustrating, happening on a brand new machine...
    2) In Tiger Woods Golf (only game I've really tried) there is lag on every screen I try it on. It is impossible to play.
    These are pretty general problems that I figure would have some sort of fix. I know that the NVS graphics cards are pretty crippled and rather useless, but they HAVE to be better than my (older) Dell E5500's integrated card.
    any advice?

What driver did you download from the nvidia website ?
    Can you provide the link ?
    Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.
    ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
    ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

• T510 what is the factory default Power Plan

I  have a Lenovo T510.
    In ThinkVantage there are various Power Plans...eg Energy Saver, Timers Off, Power Source Optimized, Maximum Performance, Maximum Battery Life,
    Can someone advise me which Power Plan Lenovo sets it to when it is brand new from the factory.
    Thank you

Hi Alex 1945:
    Okay, I'm typing this on my T510 (bought in December 2010).  Lenovo repair center re-imaged my drive and I lost the Energy Saver Profile, which you have.  Here are all the power plan profiles that are available on my T510
    1.  Thinkpad Default
    2.  Power Source Optimized
    3.  Timers Off (Presentation)
    4.  Maximum Battery Life
    5.  Maximum Performance
    6.  Video Playback
    At least when I got my T510 brand new (pre re-imaging), Energy Saver was selected.  Wish I could get that profile back.  It set all the options at two green dots.  I really got a very long battery life using that profile.  Currently using Power Source Optimized, which does well but doesn't get me the battery life of the Energy Saver (although the difference is small).
    CHL
    T520 Core i5-2540M (2.60GZH) - 500GB SSD - 8.0GB - Blu-Ray - FHD

Maybe you are looking for

• BADI For Commitment Item Change for Service PO

Hi All, I want to change the commitment item in the PR on change of Material Group . I used the BADI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST for changing the commitment item and its working fine for all types of PR except Service PR . In service PR , its changing the co

• Tables running into each other on FF but ok in IE.  help please

Need some help fixing my tables.  the top table is running into the bottom one in Firefox.  here is site - http://greenpwwhh.com/bi_weekly_mortgage.html code is <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtm

• CDMA iPhone 4's sleep/wake button isn't working

Ok so this afternoon I was doing the usual and using my awesome iPhone 4. After locking the screen my pressing the sleep/wake button, the button became jammed. It won't go up or down, or click to preform the sleep/wake functions. Will Apple cove

• Strange looking file keeps appearing in Trash -

Over the past two days I keep finding a file called "␀␀␀õ␀␀.␀␀" in the Trash and if I do a Get Info on it it usually disappears. The next time I open the Trash it re-appears however. If I empty the Trash without listing the contents first, it will ag

• Right Outer Join in OWB

Hi, I am trying to do a right outer join between 2 tables say a and b, and I specify the following condition in the joiner as follows, say a.deptno(+) = b.deptono. But it throws an error during deployment as follows PL/SQL: ORA-25156: old style outer