Lenovo ThinkPlus TP Drive adapter Ultrabay Slim-HDD 2,5 with T40

I am planning to buy Lenovo ThinkPlus TP Drive adapter Ultrabay Slim-HDD 2,5 for my refurbished T40. Are there any limitations for disk to be used with mentioned adapter ? e.g. Can I have 320 GB disk in this adatper ? I am asking because internaly I cannot have bigger disk then 80 GB (120 GB was not working)
Thanks
Jan

You must have been doing something wrong with that 120GB drive, because there's no reason for it not to work. These machines take 160GB with no problems...been there, done that.
Hope this helps. 
Cheers,
George
In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
Collecting dust: T60
Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Similar Messages

• Re : T400 2764CTO, 2nd HDD Adapter for an Ultrabay Slim, to be used in the DVD bay

What is the part # for the 2nd HDD Adapter for an Ultrabay Slim, to be used in the DVD bayCan you also confirm it is a SATA connection, I have already been sent an IBM P/N 41U3148 which has the IDE connection and appears not to fit.
    Thanks for help 

shan_mcarthur wrote:
    Actually, it is entirely accurate.  Here is another related thread with a lot of pictures that demonstrate the problem.  I have 3 Lenovo W520s and 3 useless Lenovo Ultramedia bay adapters.  I cannot tolerate the gap because it causes frequent drive dismounts when I pick up the laptop when it is running or even touching the side.  The newmodeus adapters I purchased to replace the defective Lenovo adapters have been rock solid!  I recommend visiting all the picture links on this thread.  It will clearly demonstrate the problem:
    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Will-Hard-Drive-Bay-Adapter-II-two-work-in-W52...
    Shan, it isn't entirely correct because we have a lot of W510 and W520 users in my company this doesn't occur with. I am not discounting the problem. I only take exception to the statement that blankets ALL users and ALL hard drive adaptors.  Doing that is incorrect.

• LENOVO IBM Thinkpad Multi-burner Plus Ultrabay slim Drive P/N: 73P3342

Can you tell me if the multi-burner plus Ultrabay slim drive P/N 73P3342 is compatible with a ThinkPad 600X (Type 2645-4eu)?

Welcome to the forum.
    Unfortunately, the answer to your question is : No, it's not compatible.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• Is UltraBay Slim Blu Ray drive comming?

A few companies have 9.5 mm thick Blu-ray burners now. Does Lenovo have plans to provide and UltraBay Slim Blu-Ray drive option?

Hello,
    I noticed that Lenovo has a ThinkPad Ultrabay Enhanced Blu-ray Burner, which is a 12.7mm part for the R61 series, so perhaps they will introduce a 9.5mm Ultrabay Slim part when they become more readily available.
    Have you considered purchasing a bare 9.5mm drive to see if you can adapt it with the caddy and bezel from an existing Ultrabay Slim device to fit in your system?
    Regards,
    Aryeh Goretsky
    I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
    S230u (3347-4HU) • X220 (4286-CTO) • W510 (4318-CTO) • W530 (2441-4R3) • X100e (3508-CTO) • X120e (0596-CTO) • T61p (6459-CTO) • T43p (2678-H7U) • T42 (2378-R4U) • T23 (2648-LU7)
      Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español Русскоязычное Сообщество

• New Ultrabay Slim Optical Drive for T60

I'm after a new Ultrabay Slim Optical drive, whether CDRW or multiburner for my T60.
    Cn anyone suggest what model numbers I should be looking for, as the currently available ones seem to be incompatible?
    Many thanks.

Hello,
    If I am reading the specs right, the following FRU's are compatible:
    DVD±RW:  39T2570, 39T2828, 39T2829, 39T2851, 41N5643 , 42T2506
    CD-RW/DVD-ROM:  40Y8783 (does not burn DVDs)
    Please double-check with Lenovo support in your country, though, to verify compatibility with your machine type, which is listed on a sticker on the bottom of the unit, and will look something like "1234-ABC".
    Regards,
    Aryeh Goretsky
    I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
    S230u (3347-4HU) • X220 (4286-CTO) • W510 (4318-CTO) • W530 (2441-4R3) • X100e (3508-CTO) • X120e (0596-CTO) • T61p (6459-CTO) • T43p (2678-H7U) • T42 (2378-R4U) • T23 (2648-LU7)
      Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Did someone check Parallel/S​erial Ultrabay Slim Adapter for T61 on T400

Just a simple question. I need a serial adapter and the Parallel/Serial Ultrabay Slim Adapter is for me the best solution. If it really looks nice doesn't matter.
    I just want to know if it works.
    http://ivoidwarranties.blogspot.com/2008/08/thinkp​ad-serial-parallel-port-bay.html 
    Thank you.
    Salzmilch
    Message Edited by Salzmilch on 05-19-2009 10:40 PM
    Edit: Okay, it seems that Serial Ultra Bay has not the ports as the ultra bay from T6x series. But then is the question, does Lenovo plan to create also this Parallel/Serial Ultrabay Slim Adapter for T400 series?
    Message Edited by Salzmilch on 05-19-2009 10:53 PM

Did you investigate if the expresscard converters give you the full RS232 standard you require. The new expresscard slot on the T400 has better performance than USB 2 as it basically attaches directly to the bus.
    T500: Vista 32, 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 15.4" 1680x1050, 500GB 7200rpm, ATI Radeon HD3650 + Intel 4500MHD. T42: XP, 1.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 14.1" 1024x768, 250GB PATA, ATI Radeon 7500.

• X6 Ultrabase & Ultrabay Slim Drive compatible with X200?

I am looking at ordering a new Lenovo ThinkPad X200.
    I currently have an IBM ThinkPad X60 with:
    1. X6 UltraBase Docking Station
    2. ThinkPad Combo II Ultrabay Slim Drive - Disk drive - CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo - 24x24x24x/8x - IDE - plug-in module
        a. This drive's model number is HL-DT-st dvdram gsa-4083n
    I know it's a long shot, but I'm wondering if either my existing UltraBase or UltrabaySlim Drive would be compatible with the X200.  It would save me a little money and recycle some parts.
    Anyone have a clue about this?

no they are not compatible with each other. The ultrabase for the X200 is totally different to the one used in the X6x machines, the size are different too. The optical drive connector has changed from the PATA to SATA format. 
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• Replace T500 ultrabay slim cd/dvd drive

I currently have a T500 with a CDRW/DVD drive. I didn't think I would have to burn dvd's, but unfortunately.. I do.
    Can I just buy any generic slim dvd drive to replace it or is the bay specific to lenovo cd/dvd drives? If I have to purchase a lenovo drive, I'll probably just buy an external drive since the lenovos tend to run at rather high prices.
    If you need to know, I'm currently running on Vista Basic.
    Well thanks for any help in advance.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

You need an Ultrabay Slim DVD drive. In US these are the alternatives.
    T500: Vista 32, 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 15.4" 1680x1050, 500GB 7200rpm, ATI Radeon HD3650 + Intel 4500MHD. T42: XP, 1.7GHz, 2GB RAM, 14.1" 1024x768, 250GB PATA, ATI Radeon 7500.

• Do they still incorporate Ultrabay Slim?

Hi all.
    I believe my T42 2378EXU (awesome machine) is about ready for the boneyard.
    I'm going to get a new machine, but on the Lenovo site I see no mention of the Ultrabay.  I neeeeed the ultrabay (slim) as I have a HDD adapter and it will make life awesomeley awesome.
    Ultrabay?
    No Ultrabay?
    Anyone with advice... Thank you in advance!
    Best regards,
    roscopico
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

your drive would only work in T61 and T60 machines, as from T400 they changed the connector type from PATA to SATA.
    Regards,
    Jin Li

• 43N3412 (Hard Drive Adapter III) vs 43R1980 (Hard Drive Adapter II)

Hi,
    I can buy 2nd version of hard drive adapter. It's specifications are not avaible on Lenovo website. What are the differences between II and III version? I want to use it on T400 with SSD.

What do you have mounted in the ThinkPad 12.7mm Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter III  and how is the drive secured?
    I found that the unit requires the HDD drive tray + the rubber rails for an HDD or SSD to be mounted properly. The Newmodeus UltraBay caddy has none of those requirements. The older 9.5mm UltraBay caddy only required the drive tray with the screws attached to the drive to keep things secure.
    Thanks for the response.
    W520, i7-2820QM, BIOS 1.42, 1920x1080 FHD, 32 GB RAM, 2000M NVIDIA GPU, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD, Crucial M550 mSata 512GB, WD 2TB USB 3.0, eSata Plextor PX-LB950UE BluRay
    W520, i7-2760QM, BIOS 1.42 1920x1080 FHD, 32 GB RAM, 1000M NVIDIA GPU, Crucial M500 480GB mSata SSD, Hitachi 500GB HDD, WD 2TB USB 3.0

• T430 Ultrabay or HDD Caddy and mSATA

Hi,
    I just ordered my T430 and waiting for delivery. I was wondering if it is possible to use built-in HDD and add a second HDD with UltraBay or HDD Caddy for storage and programs and also add a mSATA SSD for OS installation.
    3 Hard Drives on a laptop is what I am looking for. I am a heavy VMware user and need to install separate VMs to separate HDDs. If this is possible, is it advisable?
    Also I would be glad if you can give me some advice with the drives. I think with the 2nd HDD (UltraBay or Caddy) I am OK with 12.5 mm but I just couldn't be sure.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

ForksAndKnives wrote:
    In response to the original post, I was also going to install the operating system on the mSATA drive but I'm not going to now because there was a post that I read that advised against it.
    I can't find the post right now but I highly recommend you do some more research before going into it. Cheers
    If you find that post, please post a link.
    IIRC there was a thread/post advising to not use the caching SSD that shipped with these machines for the main OS drive.
    That was to do with the specific technology of that particular SSD.  It was not stating that it was a bad idea to use an SSDs in general for an OS drive.
    Z.
    The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Ultrabase (42X4963) not compatible with ultrabay slim (42T2545)

Hi,
    I have an ultrabase 42X4963 that is meant to be used with my X200.
    From the MIGR-7029, clearly shows that 42T2545 is compatible with the ultrabase.
    Problem is that, the Ultrabay slim drive does not fit nicely into the ultrabay. Small portion of it is potruded out.
    Also it is not able to detect the ultrabay slim.
    Anyone face the same issue?

no they are not compatible with each other. The ultrabase for the X200 is totally different to the one used in the X6x machines, the size are different too. The optical drive connector has changed from the PATA to SATA format. 
    Regards,
    Jin Li

• T41 Ultrabay Slim options

Hi all
    I want to buy a ultrabay slim to place in it a 2º hdd. I´ve been reading a lot of posts here and i can´t decide if culd be better a sata ultrabay o an ide ultrabay. Sata ultrabay is gonna give me more reading hd velocity? Do you have expirience whit sata 2º hdds? any problem whit them? Now is cheapier an easier to find a sata hd than a ide hd
    Another cuestion is: Searching in ebay i´m finding a lot of diferents seller with differents prices for the same article, i read hera that some of this seller ofers non cuality ultrabay, so i will appreciate if anyone of you could tell me experience whit this, a if you can recomend me serious ebayer even if the price is higer
    Thanks in advance, Best Regards

I'm not sure what part you would want with the T41, as I'm not familiar with that model's accessories, however a tip when buying on ebay.  Try to avoid sellers selling out of China, Korea, Taiwan or Hong Kong.  Despite the fact that Lenovo products are produced in China, I'd keep away.  There are alot of fake parts on ebay, which very well might work just fine, but if you want to go with a genuine Lenovo part, buying from North America or Europe is your best bet.
    T61 15.4" T9300 (2.5GHz 6MB L2) Windows 7 Professional x64 4GB Memory, NVidia Quadro NVS 140M

• Is there a way to access my iTunes Library, which is stored on a (PC) External Hard Drive, on a MacBook Air (through an Apricorn Universal Hard Drive Adapter), without transferring the music files off of the external hard drive?

Is there a way to access my iTunes Library, which is stored on a (PC) External Hard Drive, on a MacBook Air (through an Apricorn Universal Hard Drive Adapter), without transferring the music files off of the external hard drive?
    In other words, because the MacBook Air only has 120 gbs of hard drive space & my old hard drive, from a Lenovo, has 500 gbs of hard drive space (and I have over 120 gbs of music), I’m looking to manage my iTunes music from the external hard drive permanently. Upon attempting to access the iTunes library held on the external hard drive the following message comes up: “The iTunes Library.itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file”.  Is there a way to get around this?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

You will have to engage a split library which means you will have to start answering questions on this forum because you will need to learn a lot about how iTunes works in order not that have a big mess at the end of it all.  It also won't be easy when the time comes to relocate it all to different drives.
    You can go to advanced preferences and turn off organize media and copy to items to media folder when adding items to library.  Next read about how to selectively consolidate items to the external drive.
    Sept. 2010, Consolidate selected content - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2589812 and April 2014, https://discussions.apple.com/message/25414357
    "...selected the new tracks directly in iTunes, Control-clicked on the selection, and saw that now you can consolidate selected items." - http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20090919000326840
    Remember that when you start iTunes without the external drive turned on iTunes will present you with a bunch of broken links.  If you have automatic downloads enabled with iCloud you may have to turn that off to prevent iTunes from repopulating your drive trying to deal with those "missing" tracks.
    If you add tracks in bunches to iTunes and want them to go to different media folders you will need to either add them by holding down the option key while dragging if the desired media folder is not the one set in preferences, or by changing the media folder in preferences.  Changing media folder preferences only applies to new files added, not old ones.
    Okay, I am going to stop typing because you might just reply to me, "Oh, okay, forget it," and I don't need the exercise.
    What are the iTunes library files? - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1660
    More on iTunes library files and what they do - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes#Media_management
    What are all those iTunes files? - http://www.macworld.com/article/139974/2009/04/itunes_files.html
    Where are my iTunes files located? - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1391

• How to Clone Primary Drive prior to, or after, adding a second drive in Ultrabay

Alright, I have a T510 with a single internal drive. I wish to add a SSD drive and make it my primary drive. I have an Ultrabay and know about the drive adapter for it and plan to use it as the new drive location.
    My question is how to perform the cloning of the primary drive. I can install the new SSD in the Ultrabay and use software, previously copied to the primary(or backup) drive since the Ultrabay is now used for the SSD so I can't run a CD. The issue is how to clone. I don't wish to buy another external drive just for the cloning software CD.
    I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Has anyone cloned a copy of a drive(A) to another drive(B) and then copied it to a new drive(C)? If this is a good idea, it is easy since the CD drive is still available using this method.
    The end result would be to swap locations of the drives making the SSD the new primary internal drive and the old drive goes to the Ultrabay.
    Just looking for input. 
    Thanks for taking the time,
    Pete

Hi RePete,
    Cloning Hard Drive
    How to install Windows on the Solid State Drive
    Hope this helps.
    Be AWESOME Everyday!
    Donate KUDOS and Click "Accepted Solution"
    Did someone help you today?
    Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
    This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Maybe you are looking for

• No longer able to insert ActiveX controls or use existing ActiveX controls in Word documents

Using Word 2010 32bit on Windows 7.1 64bit OS. I have a document with several ActiveX controls that I use as a template to generate new documents.  This morning I installed the monthly roll-out of Windows/MS Office updates and then rebooted.  After r

• Component in Multisim

Hi guys, I just started learning in Multisim.  I tried to add a 4011 and 4017 CMOS Gate into my circuit, but I don't know how to connect VDD and GND to the ICs.  Because there are only input and output pins.  I also wonder that if I can enlarge the 4

• Uninvited app appears in dock periodically on Lion?

I've brought this up before, but I have slightly more information now. I've noticed since I installed Lion many months ago that periodically, an app that I did not launch will run on my system for about half a second. It appears in the dock for about

• Subquery table is not existed ?

I got compiler error, "dept" in sub query is not existed, actually I have defined it. Thanks. select dept.department_id, dept.department_name from hr.departments  dept right OUTER JOIN hr.employees emp on (dept.department_id = emp.department_id) wher

• [SOLVED]Firefox doesn't detect Flash plugin on a fresh installation

I have tried the package in extra and the package from AUR, but firefox still doesn't register the flash plugin. I'm probably just missing something here.. [tapio@Pochi flashplugin-alpha-64]$ ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ libflashplayer.so Is there so