Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock / Port Replicator (0A33970) and ThinkPad T430

Purchased a 0A33970 port replicator and having issues getting it working.  Cannot display to an external monitor.  Trouble shooting suggests bringing up the GUI but I don't see options for managing or troubleshooting.  The CD would not autostart, mouse does not seem to work, really not impressed so far and had to disconnect everything to get some work done today.  Who has gone through the process of standing up an A33970 and getting it to work right?  My T430 was just built in September of 2013 so it is fresh and should be compatible with the A33970.

Hi,
Please run through this guide for general troubleshooting tips:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896
If you are using Windows 8.1 please see this guide:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=346
To help us investigate the issue, please download this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Please run it and select "Gather Support Information"
It's also worth trying the "System Compatibility Check" to see if anything is flagged up.
Please send all results to technical_enquiries @ displaylink.com with a mention of this thread.
Thanks,
James

Similar Messages

• Issues external LCD: S430 + Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock

Hello,
    ThinkPad Edge S430 with Intel HD 4000 and Optimus (GT620M)
    I am not able to extend my desktop to the external LCD connected to Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock station
    I am using drivers DisplayLink_7.0M3.exe from DisplayLink (http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php)
    [Display]
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit
    DirectX version: 11.0
    GPU processor: GeForce GT 620M
    Driver version: 306.97
    DirectX support: 11.1
    CUDA Cores: 96
    Core clock: 475 MHz
    Shader clock: 950 MHz
    Memory data rate: 1800 MHz
    Memory interface: 128-bit
    Total available graphics memory: 4096 MB
    Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB DDR3
    System video memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 2048 MB
    Video BIOS version: 70.08.A8.00.66
    IRQ: 16
    Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
    Does anyone have similar issues? How to get this to work?
    I wonder are these two devices even compatible?

bumping post, still not solved
    may be related to http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2070
    Does anyone from Lenovo support have an insight?

• Hi speed USB via an Advanced Port Replicator for a Tecra 9100?

I have the same issue with a Tecra 9100 and upgrading it to hi speed USB as an earlier post where the suggested solution was to use a PCMCIA card.
    (see link: http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=24103)
    I had an idea but i don't know if it will work and need some advice?????
    Can you buy an Advanced Port Replicator that has Hi Speed USB 2.0 ports on it (like the APR II PA3082U which works with the Tecra 9100) instead of the PCMCIA card.
    If the Port Replicator docks into the motherboard will it give you Hi Speed USB 2.0 or is the Tecra 9100 constrained to USB 1.1 via the hardware within the laptop itself and the port replicator won't help?
    Also if I go down the Port Replicator route do i need any drivers for the Hi speed ports of the Port Replicator to work on the Tecra 9100?
    Or to ask the question another way - what does the PCMIA USB 2.0 card have in it that the Advanced Port Replicator with hi speeed USB doesn't have?
    Many thanks in advance

Hi there,
    the Tecra 9100 has NO usb 2.0 and thats a fact. Since the port replicator has these USB 2.0 ports does not mean that your machine, when docked to the Portrep, is able to handle USB 2.0 devices. The portrep is just like an usb-hub and behaves like. So if your machine doesnt have it then thats it.
    And the explanation to the PCMCIA/Cardbus solution:
    The pcmcia card has USB 2.0 Chipset, thats the reason why it IS a USB 2.0 device (roothub).
    I hope that was clear for you :)
    Just purchase that card and you will have USB 2.0
    Greets

• Enhanced USB port replicator 43R8811 and dual monitor

I have problem with USB port replicator. I cannot put a right resolution to monitor (wide screen monitor). Replicator's settings say that I can use up to 1280x1024 resolution but monitor support i.e. 1400x1050 resolution which port replicator should support by user manual.
    If I put monitor direct to my X300 laptop I can use monitor's right resolution (1680x1050).
    Is it drivers problem or what that I cannot put a right settings?
    -Paul-

I'm having trouble understanding your phrasing.
    The Enhanced USB Port Replicator I recently purchased supports 1440x900 and can be configured to do so.  I did have to install the drivers by downloading from the web (they were provided on a CD -- convenient since my laptop came with no CD/DVD drive :-).  Once the drivers  were installed, it happily suports 1440x900.  Did you already install the software?  Older versions of the port replicator don't support above 1280x1024, but that should not be the case with the Enhanced one.
    So you should be able to set any resolution up to 1440x900.
    Of course "1400x1050" would be a higher resolution than 1440x900, and thus not supported right?

• USB adapter for docking port Screen hp split x2

Hi! I would like to know if there is a USB adapter to connect to the expansion port on the bottom of the screen Hp Split x2 m121sa. The USB adapter for HP Elite h n46aa pad is compatible with my HP Split x ? I thank

Hi, No. The product says: Expand what you can do with a suite of accessories designed specifically for the HP ElitePad and turn a true business tablet into a total business solution.Simply connect one end of the adapter to the HP ElitePad, and connect to your USB device on the other end. Then pack and go when you’re ready to disconnect.Get the peace of mind of a one-year limited warranty. Additional support is available (North America only) seven days a week, 24 hours a day by phone as well as through online support forums. and your machine:     http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Split-13-x2-PC/5401170/model/5442928/document/c03944512/ Regards.

• USB Port Replicator II and IEEE1284 - Windows XP

I have a port replicador (Px1098e-1prp) and it is impossible to make work LPT (IEEE1284) nevertheless in Windows 98 works perfectly. I have a M30-801 and I have also proven in several computers and it wont works with Windows XP. How can I make it works?
    Thanks!

Drives is correct for Windows XP. (V1.10) 02/08/04 To the second question: IF I can use the 4 ports without problems, everything works except the LPT. Since I have said I have proven in two PC's and in both it happens the same. In Windows 98 IF it works perfect! but in Windows XP no!

• Port replicator 2504 and w530

Hi all,
    would like to check if the 2504 is compatible with the W530?
    I do realize it will miss the USB3.0 functionality, but that is not an issue.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Welcome to the Forum!
    Advanced Mini-dock 2504 is not compatible with W530. You will need a Mini Dock Series 3 with USB 3.0, or Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with USB 3.0. Check here for the exact model numbers which you can use with your system: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&DocID=PD024298
    Have a great day. (I do not work for Lenovo)

• X1 Carbon USB 3.0 dock and external display

Following installation of a series of optional updates, including a BIOS update, my external display (connected to the USB 3.0 dock/port replicator, ref 0A33972) is no longer detected.  I get an error message "Displaylink USB graphics software is not compatible with this graphics card or operating system.  Please visit www.displaylink.com/software and check if a new software version is available".  However, a newly downloaded driver won't install, giving an error message saying I need to use the OEM driver update system.
    The Update History showing what I installed yesterday does not include any reference to a Displaylink driver.

Install: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21129&lang=eng&wapkw=usb+3.0+driver
    Reboot your machine post install, go into the BIOS and set USB 3.0 to enabled and NOT auto.

• Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator Freezes Issues and Problems

Okay, I have THREE of these port replicators in my office, and ALL THREE have the exact same problem on various laptops(X1, T420, Edge 13) with various kayboard/mice.  I've been through all stages of the port replicator drivers on the various systems, and the issue is always there.  All laptop drivers are updated.
    Here is the issue: working away, and then bam, mouse and keyboard don't work.  I'm working in a external monitor only display setup.  I go to the keyboard/touchpad on the laptop and they don't work...however ctrl+alt+delete works on the laptop keyboard(not the regular one).  Then the touchpad works...but I can't click on any of the settings EXCEPT sleep.  When I press a button to wake it up, everything works fine.  Basic external keyboards/mice, no need for different drivers.
    The other thing that fixes everything is unplugging the USB connection from the port replicator and plugging it back in to the laptop(or unplugging the power to the port replicator). 
    The weird thing is that I took the keyboard and mouse and they are plugged into the laptop itself, NOT the dock, and I still get the same issue with responsiveness.  This happens on ALL the docks, so it's not a keyboard/mouse driver thing. 
    The one thing that's occuring to me is that maybe it's a weird display issue?  I haven't tried actually using the external or laptop keyboard to run commands while it's frozen...and I also haven't tried unplugging things from the port replicator one by one (such as unplugging the display cable from the port replicator, then the printer, then the ethernet).  I'll keep you updated if I get any further.  It's been like this for months, and my users are just doing the workarounds.  one thing is for sure...
    I'M NEVER GOING TO SUBSTITUE THIS PORT REPLICATOR FOR A NORMAL DOCK AGAIN! (although i have no choice with the X1). 

Hi skrasher, welcome to the forum,
    could you please try the following to see if it changes the behaviour of the USB ports.  In Device Manager, with the port rep attached, disable the ability on each of the USB Root Hubs for Windows to disable the device in order to save power, restart the system and see if the problem still occurs.
    Let us know how you get on.
    edit; for clarity
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• W510 Docked in 433820U Port Replicator USB Ports Occassiona​lly Stop Working

Has anyone had the problem where the USB ports on the 433820U Port Replicator stop working? I've had it happen on several occassion where the USB ports on the port replicator stop working when I do something seemingly unrelated (e.g. unplugging a CAT5 network cable, dropping something on the desk near the docked laptop). Once this happens, I have to unplug the USB devices from the port replicator and plug them into the laptop's USB ports in order to continue using the keyboard or mouse, or turn the laptop off and then back on. I'm trying to figure out if this is a defect in the port replicator or some outdated driver. Anyone else have a similar problem?

This system supports USB3 ports but they are only USB2 on the port replicator. What's up with that?
    Hi William:
    I kinda, sorta think that the reason that the USB connectors on the Dock are only USB2 has to do with the speed of the connection between the big dock connector on the bottom of the notebook and the USB ports on the back of the Dock.
    I notice a similar problem when I had a W500 and a earlier model Dock.  That earlier model dock had an UltraBay in it.  If I put a hard drive (installed in a caddy) in the Dock, it ran very slowly - as if it was connected by USB - but if I put the same hard drive in the same caddy into the UltraBay on the side of the W500, it ran very, very fast.  So, all I could attribute this to was that the data just could not flow through the dock connector on the bottom of the notebook as fast as it could flow through the UltraBay connector on the inside of the notebook.
    Perhaps the same concept applies to the USB connectors on the Dock... maybe the USB3 connectors on the notebook itself have a faster data connection into the computer than the USB connectors on the dock, which need to pass through that big dock connector on their way to the computer.
    Michael
    W520 (4270 CTO), which replaced a W500 (4062-27U), which replaced a T42P, which replaced an A21P...

• Port Replicator III+ very high cpu when moving usb mouse only in W2k

Tecra M2 with a port replicator III+
    It's set to dual boot into XP and Win2000 (yes I know it's getting on a bit, but I've got a lot of stuff installed in win2k that is difficult to get hold of these days).
    XP is 100% fine, but with win 2000 if I use my *USB mouse* on the *port replicator* ports and waggle the mouse around - the *CPU* jumps from 0 to *70+%* usage (the system process which I think indicatates as IRQ problem). If I plug the mouse into the laptop ports (when the laptop is docked) - it's fine, at most 5% cpu usage. It's a basic microsoft mouse. I definately think it's a usb problem of some kind, because the cpu even jumps a bit if I type quickly on my usb keyboard (only a couple of %). It happens with all the replicator's usb ports.
    Any ideas? I don't really want to plug in my mouse in the morning because it kinda defeats the point of having a docking station in the first place! I've got the mobile extensions installed. All the other aspects of the replicator are fine
    Martin

Huh it will not be easy to find good explanation for this.
    At this time when Tecra M2 was offered on the market as compatible port replicator Toshiba has offered Toshiba Advanced Port Replicator III (not +) and at this time both supported operating system was tested with it.
    Later Toshiba has designed Toshiba Advanced Port Replicator III+ and confirmed compatibility with Tecra M2 but obviously with newer (at this time) WXP.
    So now you have follow situation: you use newer port replicator but with much older operating system so I presume there is maybe some compatibility problem with W2K.
    I cannot imagine you use it so often with W2K and if yes it cannot be so problematic to connect mouse directly on notebooks USB port.
    Sorry but I dont think there is anything you can do about it.

• Port replicator​, docking station 2504

I need to ask dumb and dumber questions.
    First the dumb question.  I have a T61 that I upgraded to Windows 7.  I used the automatic driver utility and everything works fine, both docked in a 2504 or undocked.  I would like a more detailed user manual than the one you can get in support.  That one says to go to the Lenovo help in ThinkAdvantage to "port replicators" for detailed instructions, however that is replaced with the Toolbox for Windows 7 which does not have any info for port replicators.  Is there any way to get a detailed user manual or the detailed help for the 2504 port replicator?
    If I had that I may not have to ask the second dumber question. The key,  which I have, can not be removed unless it is in the locked position requiring the key to unlock and use the dock.  Is there any way to remove the key in the unlocked position so the key is not needed?  I really don't need that type of security and worry I may someday lose the key, even if I leave it in the lock.
    Thanks for any help

thanks for reeply.
    I can only take out the key when it is in the unlocked position,  when I move it to the locked it is held by something in the lock,  I have pushed buttons, unplugged the power but it still only can be removed with the key "vertical" or unlocked, with the key horizontal or locked it is stuck in.
    because I do not have the detailed help for this mini dock, they were lost in the Windows 7 upgrade, according to the very basic mini dock user guide it says to go to the Lenovo help in ThinkAdvantage under port replicator for detailed help, but that was only available with the original OS, Vista,  Windows 7 Lenovo upgrade has a ThinkAdvantage Toolbox which does not have that help available,  I believe there must be a certain button or a release slot I can't see to release the key

• Help - T42p and Lenovo Enhanced Port Replicator does not external monitor

T42p  Win Xp SP2  2GB Memory ATI Mobility Fire GL T2
    I had an old style port replicator that supported my ThinkVision 17" flat panel monitor.  The port replicator died and I got a replacement  - Lenovo Enhanced port replicator.  If I go to the Control panel/Display it now shows 3 monitors and when I try to enable #2 or #3 it takes the extend my desktop setting but when you press the identify button it only recognizes #1 (my T42).  My external monitor is blank..............any ideas where to start?

No, I could not get help from any place. I did some research on my own and realized that the Lenovo port replicator (with Lenovo name on it) is actually theTargus ACP50 which is sold as a universal port replicator. The difference is that the Lenovo unit has a driver specific to Lenovo. I even went to Targus website and download their latest “generic” driver. The driver worked with the Lenovo computer fine, but still does not resolve the issues that you and I see. So I concluded that it is the port replicator crappy design.

• Port replicator on T43

Hello,
    I received today the Port replicator but could not get the PC to recognize this and create a "docked" hardware profile.
    Going trough diferent searches I could not find if the port replicator should allow "docking" or not
    The use of the port replicator is mainly to be able to disconnect the second monitor, external keyboard, mouse and LAN when I have to move into an other room and being able to link up to projectors trough the VGA port

Huh it will not be easy to find good explanation for this.
    At this time when Tecra M2 was offered on the market as compatible port replicator Toshiba has offered Toshiba Advanced Port Replicator III (not +) and at this time both supported operating system was tested with it.
    Later Toshiba has designed Toshiba Advanced Port Replicator III+ and confirmed compatibility with Tecra M2 but obviously with newer (at this time) WXP.
    So now you have follow situation: you use newer port replicator but with much older operating system so I presume there is maybe some compatibility problem with W2K.
    I cannot imagine you use it so often with W2K and if yes it cannot be so problematic to connect mouse directly on notebooks USB port.
    Sorry but I dont think there is anything you can do about it.

• Port Replicator compatible with Windows 8.1

Does anyone know if HP has a port replicator that is compatible with Windows 8.1?  I have found that there may be one for Windows 8 but not 8.1.

Hello JLINDBACH,
    Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!
    I understand you are looking for a port replicator that will work on Windows 8.1. The HP USB 3.0 3005pr Port Replicator does have a driver for Windows 8.1 that you can download here: HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator Driver for Windows 8.1
    Currently, HP does not sell any with the support built-in out-of-box. Downloading the driver and applying it allow you to have that compatibility. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks!
    Mario
    I worked on behalf of HP.

Maybe you are looking for

• Macbook to Sony Bravia - Problems

Hey - So I'm trying to connect my Macbook (I got this back in like 2006-2007?) to my Sony Bravia TV. I have the current set-up: VGA Cable connected from the back of the TV to a Mini-DVI-to-VGA connector to the MacBook. When I plug it in, the Macbook

• Installing Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 on MacBook Air

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 on my new MacBook Air, but have no cd drive. Is there a way to download this without a cd drive?

• MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null) returns null.. why?

Hello I have seen lot of posts regarding this but no clear reason why this would happen. My server runs under Tomcat 6.0.33. In a spearate thread, I try to get MessageBroker msgBroker = MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null); but it always returns null

• OCR in Acrobat 9

Hi Guys I've invested in CS5 Master Collection, with AcrobatPro 9. I have a bunch of manuscript notes that I've scanned and keep on my laptop for business meetings. Will AcrobatPro 9 be able to convert manuscript into text, like one of the IRIS progr

• PO lead time

Hi experts, Can any one suggest me here PO date -PR date i created formula with replacement path its working fine  but both date available its ok if one of the date is not avilable the out put is displaying as date but i need If one of date is not av