Link to re-download Thinkvantage Toolbox T420

The Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox recently quit working on my T420 Win 7 laptop. It would not open and when it did, it would not show any information. After 2 weeks of this, I decided to just delete the program and re-download it from Lenovo's website.
I went to the download drivers and software but I can't find the Thinkvantage Toolbox download. I called Tech support and they were less than helpful. I was on the drivers and software screen and asked him if he could tell me which one I needed to download. He told me just do do a system restore all the way back to when I bought my machine. I explained to him I did not want to go that far if I was going to loose all my information and asked him what would happen if I do a system restore. He then told me to "nevermind" and that the Thinkvantage Toolbox was no longer supported and was not available any more. I asked him if there was another program that took the place of the Toolbox and he told me there was not, and unless I restored my system I was not going to have the program any more.
Can anyone help me find this program again? Thanks in advance for the help.
Solved!
Go to Solution.

Here's a thread on it.  
Everything happened at once.  Toolbox went end of life and the replacement went online.  I don't think it was quite ready yet. They are still working on it.
If you are using the preloaded OS, Toolbox should still be on your computer.  In C: maybe in SWTools or the drivers folder.  If it is still on your computer, it can still be used.  There's just no support for it though.
Dave
T430u, x301, x200T, x61T, x61, x32, x41T, x40, U160, ThinkPad Tablet 1838-22R, Z500 touch, Yoga Tab 2 Windows 8.1, Yoga Tablet 3 Pro
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

Similar Messages

• Can't download thinkvantage toolbox for win 7 (32-bit) from the site.

hi,
    i try to download thinkvantage toolbox for windows 7 (32-bit),
    however everytime i try to download, it stay at 119kb from the total 53,6 mb.
    i already check in your site help page about the best time for download it.
    i did try to download it in many times, day, night. but it still cant work! Im sure my connection is ok!
    I can download all except this toolbox.
    do you have any problem with the file? do you have another source where i can download it? i will very appreciate for your help. somehow its strange to me not to see the blue light in my toolbox button .
    best regards for you all.  GBU

The best source for Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox is the Lenovo Drivers and Software page:
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=TPAD-MATRIX
    Select your model and then look in the "ThinkVantage Technologies" section.
    Stephen Streufert
    Senior Product Marketing Manager
    PC-Doctor, Inc.
    http://www.lenovothinkvantagetoolbox.com

• Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox 6.0.5514.61 "has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Popup Error Message after launching Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox from the toolbar:
    "Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."
    The options presented are "Debug" and "Close". If I don't hit close, LTT keeps running.
    From the Event Log:
    "The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( PC-Doctor ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (4060) Asapi: (09:23:49:8990)(4060) DEFECT.LOCALIZATION - Error -- Missing String: scriptlets : button1 locale: PCDLocale: language = en, customer = lenovo, variant = ltt"
    I am running the latest version, but this was happening with the prior version as well.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi,
    this sounds to me like a corrupt registry, or unregistered library files of the Toolbox aplication.
    Coul you please test the latest version, that can be downloaded from following link:
    http://web.lenovothinkvantagetoolbox.com/index.html#top
    This is the version "6.0.5551.02"
    Let me know, if this changes anything.
    Cheers

• ThinkVantage Toolbox Feedback

Does Lenovo really look at these surveys like in ThinkVantage toolbox feedback link?
    1. Provide ability to ignore and not report disabled device under Hardware
    2. Fix the 'Download Bootable Diagnostic Media Creator' link, http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/#ss?AID=10429688&PID=3719336&CJURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww-307.ibm.com%2Fpc%2Fs.... It goes nowhere on Lenovo's site.
    3. Fix the battery status screen where the battery condition and warranty used to be properly reported. Now the information is not correct.
    No issues other than these.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PJBLC2F

Hi,
    right-click the shortcut, or the executable, that you use for the start of the Toolbox, go to Compatibility tab and se the compatibility mode to XP or other OS.
    In some cases this works.
    Cheers

• This Version of Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox is not licensed to run on this system (**bleep**)?

I have a 3 week old W510, Windows 7 64-bit, i7 Thinkpad. Over the Chritmas holidays I was able to start exploring the software that came loaded on the machine. One of these was the ThinkVantage Toolbox which I accessed at least 2 or 3 times to explore the programs and what they had to offer. It worked fine and I was able to view the different offerings inside the toolbox.
    Two days ago I used the Lenovo ThinkVantage Tools "Update and Drivers" to find updates to the the machine. It found some updates (I'm not sure of each and everyone but they seemed reasonable) and downloaded them all to bring the system up-to-date.
    Today I tried to access the Toolbox and was greeted with a License Authentication Failed message box with this message:
    "This Version of Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox is not licensed to run on this system".
    I assume it was something in the recent updates that did this. I have only installed a couple other photo editing pieces of software since then that I doubt would have any effect on this.
    I certainly can do a system restore back to before I did the updates, but I'd rather not since a) the updates for the most part appeared to be needed and were successful, b) I'd rather not have to update those things that have auto-updated (like Norton and Super Anti-Spyware definitions), and c) I'm not sure restoring will help, not to mention re-installing the other pieces of software that successfully installed.
    I have been a good doo-bee poster and searched this forum and other web resources and while there is reference made to some solutions for this, I didn't fully understand them so I figured I would ask here for help before trying anything. I do have Lenovo phone support but trying here before calling them.
    Thoughts anyone? Should I simply download the latest ThinkVantage Toolbox software and install it? If so, should I uninstall the version I have now?
    Looking for any assistance anyone could render.
    Thank you.
    Jim
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi again Jim,
    First of all you're welcome!
    I have another suggestion for you, it might successfully help you in updating Toolbox to the current version, but for this I'd suggest that you first create a restore point just in case the advice fails. Once created a restore point, launch ThinkVantage Toolbox, give it a minute to completely load/run quick tests etc, thereafter click the green colored question mark -> check for updates, once it finds the latest version, let it download and install, I'm hopeful you won't run into any issues via this approach.
    Keep us posted.
    Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
    ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
    IdeaPad: U350
    Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
    Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
    Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
      Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
    Visit my YouTube Channel

• ThinkVantage Toolbox does not run after BIOS update

Lenovo ThinkVantage System Update Tool on my T410 ThinkPad (2518EWG) offered me download and installation of ThinkPad BIOS Update Utility US version 1.28-1.11.
    Since then,  whenever I try to run Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox I receive a message: „This version of Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox is not licensed to run on this system“.
    I notice that the ThinkVantage Toolbox still shows the old BIOS No. 6IET49WW (1.09), while the updated BIOS is 6IET68WW (1.28).
    Any comprehensible instruction how to solve the problem for a computer layman will be much appreciated. Thanks - Jan

I have at least found out why this happened, the program obtained from Toshiba automatically 'attempts' to upgrade the BIOS upon activation. This means that the program engaged with errors without my authorisation. I don't find this very impressive from a company as large and powerful as Toshiba.
    Also it may be possible to fix myself if the BIOS installation instructions made sense, extracting the .zip file does not create three sub folders and pressing the F12 key does not start the laptop.

• How do I remove extra Thinkvantage Toolbox listings in the toolbar?

I have 3 Thinkvantage Toolbox listings in the windows toolbar area, and I would like to get rid of the two extra listings. Does anyone know how to do this? I am using Windows XP
    Walter

Hi Woronick and welcome to the Forum,
    Go into Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs and look for Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox.  See how many are listed in there. You should  be able to uninstall them from there.  I would Uninstall them all and then download and install a new one from support and downloads to insure that you have the current one.
    Dave
    T430u, x301, x200T, x61T, x61, x32, x41T, x40, U160, ThinkPad Tablet 1838-22R, Z500 touch, Yoga Tab 2 Windows 8.1, Yoga Tablet 3 Pro
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
    If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• Thinkvantage toolbox not responding | T510 Windows 7 64 bit

HI,
              I am using Lenovo T510 with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. The thinkvantage toolbox used to work (i.e, come up an display, scheduled tests of hard drive and other components etc). Recently, probably for last two weeks, whenever I try to launch the toolbox using the blue button on my keyboard, the toolbox is invoked but then it becomes frozen and just stucks. It can't even pick up BIOS, warranty information and my cursor shows busy/working symbol when i place the cursor on it. Finally, aftre 30 mints or so, I get a message that it has stopped working properly and need to send some message to windows etc and only option thereafter is to close it down. All other things work properly but i am jus tlittle worried what could have damaged the toolbox. few days back i got a message in my windows action centre that lenovo access connection didn't work properly last time and i solved it by re-installing lenovo access connections software from lenovo website. i guess, after that, this new problem of toolbox not coming up is ocurring.
              Will be helpful if the forum can suggest a way out. thanks!
    Regards,
    Kalyan

Hi Many thanks for your reply...
    I have tried uninstalling and re-installing after downloading from lenovo website...but, no luck
    My laptop details as below:
    Make/Model: Lenovo T510
    Type: 4313CTO
    SL - xxxxxxx
    OS - Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    Processor - Intel Core i7    M [email protected]  2.67GHZ
    RAM: 4GB
    Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

• ThinkVantage Toolbox no uninstall file

Hi, can anyone please assist...
    I want to uninstall ThinkVantage Toolbox from my Win7 machine but it is not listed in Add/remove programs and there is no uninstall file in the PC-Doctor directory folder.
    Is there anywhere on this site that I can download the Toolbox file in order to reinstall it and replace the missing uninstall file... or alternatively does anyone have instructions to manually uninstall the program?
    Thanks for you help

I have PC-Doctor installed (Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox) on Win7 x64. 
    (1) I find it in add/remove programs (programs and features)  as Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox.
    (2) I find a uninstaller.exe here:
    C\Program Files\PC-Doctor\uninst.exe
    (3) You could also try microsoft mr. Fixit.
    http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall
    There is also a Lenovo Thinkvantage Tools. This is a panel interface to run other utitiles.  It is not PC-Doctor. 

• ThinkVantage Toolbox Won't Start/Hangs

Recently on my new x201 with Windows 7 x64 the ThinkVantage Toolbox won't start, it just locks up. Eventually Windows tells me it is hung, and checks for solutions but doesn't find anything.
    I have tried uninstall/reinstalling the version from the website with no change. (File name: lttsetup_60551460x64)
    I searched the forum and saw problems with account names that have spaces, but that isn't my problem. (Single word username, no spaces.)
    Downloading the installer from http://web.lenovothinkvantagetoolbox.com/index.html#top didn't help.
    Since it won't start I can't use the update option inside it to get an update, what can I do? (Not that I am sure the update would resolve my problem.)

I ended up doing a complete system restore, letting LTT update to the .61 version and then applying the Windows 7 updates and it is working again. I sure hope I wouldn't have to do that on a normal basis.

• ThinkVantage Toolbox

Hi, I have a ThinkStation E30 with the ThinkVantage Toolbox...under "system history" I occassionally see warning application errors (application 3 or application 7 is all it says). 
    Can anyone tell me what these application errors all mean or point mean in the direction of a listing for the various errors?
    Thank you.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

welcome to the forum!
    thinkvantage toolbox was replaced with lenovo solution center.   the errors you're seeing are likely due to the lack of support.   the best recourse would be to upgrade from LTT to LSC.
    LSC can be downloaded at the top of this page: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=LENV-DIAGS
    ThinkStation C20
    ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30 · 600

• Thinkvantage toolbox is slow

The thinkvantage toolbox looks like it should be useful. Two things prevent from being so. Firstly, I have to give it permission to run every time I run it on windows 7, secondly, it's very slow to load. As a result, on my x61 tablet, I prefer the tablet shortcuts button to the thinkvantage button.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi,
    according the UAC, that I assume is the message, that you get every time when you try to start this application, you have here two options:
    1) dissable UAC
    2) use "Application Compatibility Toolkit" to give exception to this application, so that you will no longer get the UAC by start of this application.
    You can read more on this link about this tool:
    http://dailyapps.net/2008/01/hack-attack-disable-uac-for-certain-applications-in-vista/
    Please note, that UAC is a part of the Operating system and it's reactions depends on the configuration that you have made. Toolbox is reading the OS kernel content which will always bring up the UAC, if configured so.
    Can you confirm, what it exactly mean slow? How long does it take.
    Cheers

• T510 win7 x64 ThinkVantage Toolbox does not function

This is my first Lenovo after years of Dells. Normally I would junk the preloaded non microsoft bloatware just to be confident that I knew what was going on. However the ThinkVantage Toolbox might seem to be a useful free utility, but out of the box it does not work. It launches, runs it's diagnostics, but if I click on 'ThinkVantage Rescue and recovery' to launch the backup program, nothing happens. Likewise nothing if I click 'Lenovo Fingerprint software'. The release version is 6.0.5514.60. Am I missing something obvious?
    Also this forum appears to have no text search facility, so I can't search for other mentions of 'Toolbox' - again have I missed the obvious?

Resuce and recovery download x64.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73612
    Fingerprint software download x64.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73585
    You can even redownload the whole thinkvantage toolbox.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/LENV-DIAGS.html#ltb
    Perspective of life - http://www.marcnshawn.com

• Installing ThinkVantage Toolbox

I'm upgrading my X100e from 32-bit Win7 Pro to 64-bit Win7 Pro (which is not officially supported on the X100e by Lenovo yet). One of the things I want to reinstall is the ThinkVantage Toolbox.  But when I look on the Lenovo Support and Downloads pages for the X100e, I see a whole bunch of downloads that look like *pieces* of ThinkVantage, but I can't find anything that seems to have the entire 64-bit ThinkVantage Toolbox.  Does anyone know where that is?
    I did find a separate page for the ThinkVantage Toolbox.  But it's not listed or referenced anywhere in the X100e materials. http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73784  Do you think that would that work anyway?
    I also find a page in the X100e materials for something called the Device Experience, which seems to be larger than ThinkVantage Toolbox and seems to maybe include it (it certainly has a lot of the ThinkVantage words in it)? http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74803 Do you think that includes the ThinkVantage Toolbox?
    I've seen a couple of posts that point to new versions coming directly from PC-Doctor.  I assume that I would *not* want to use those, unless I experience the specific problem that was being discussed in the thread.
    Thanks for the pointers I appreciate it.

smok,
    GPS capabilities in win8 are available via GPS Sensor in the Windows platform "Sensors and Location". Launch that one from the Control Panel and enable GPS sensor. In this case only applications and widgets that support GPS Sensor might work.
    If you don't see GPS Sensor item in the Device Manager it means appropriate part of the wwan card driver package hasn't been installed.
    x220 | i5-2520m | Intel ssd 320 series | Gobi 2000 3G GPS | WiFi
    x220 | i5-2520m | hdd 320 | Intel msata ssd 310 series | 3G GPS | WiFi
    Do it well, worse becomes itself
    Русскоязычное Сообщество   English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

• How do I stop the Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox update message from popping up?

There are times when I am streaming video, and do not want pop up messages showing on the screen. I do not like pop ups. There seems to be no way to turn off Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox update messages from popping up on the screen. If I could turn the pop ups off, i would. I am running Windows XP - Pro.

Download and install MS Autoruns:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902
    Before you run Autoruns, in explorer, get properties on the chm help file and click the Unblock button if visible.
    Otherwise you may be unable to use the help file.
    Now run Autoruns.  Find all likely references to Thinkvantage Toolbox (PC Doctor) and disable (uncheck checkbox).
    You don't have to remove the references, just disable them.  You can re-enable them later if you like.
    Save and restart computer.  Poof! No more Thinkvantage Toolbox popups.  You will now need to run it manually.
    Ian

Maybe you are looking for

• Problem WITH ERZET

Hy ALL I have a little problem with the correct selection. I select data from VBAK, but the selection is not correct. Coding AND aedat GE i_aedat AND erzet GE i_erzet But i does not work. For Example, erzet = 12:00:00. If the day Change i could not f

• How to block or delete a Cost center

Dear expets ,                     how to block or delete a Cost center. regards rajakarthik

• HTML Post method.

HI Experts, Here my scenario is Proxy to HTTP. My Receiver system need HTML Post method in place of XML file. Normally PI will send the XML but receiver system is expecting HTML POST method. For this i have to do in configuration. Receiver is expecti

• Very strange Spotlight results..

I'm very confused with the results presented by Spotlight in Leopard: Can somebody explain me why the third picture below represents the only way (?) to find a 'Parallels virtual disk' on my Startup volume? (I wanted to exclude this file from Time Ma

• Dreamweaver CS6 Hangs on Launch Mountain Lion

Upgraded to CS6 over summer, have never been able to get Dreamweaver to run. It hangs on start-up, the start up screen pops up, wheel starts spinning then freezes, have to force quite. Used an older version until I recently updgraded to a new iMac, d