Looking for a Backup T60

Looking for a T60 8743CTO -- anyone know of a refurbished that is available?
jcm

An Intel-based 14" T60 would boot from your disk (you would get an error message from the ATi driver). It would also use your same battery, memory and optical drive. It would be the cheapest backup. You might or might not need a wireless driver. It depends on which wireless card you now have. Usually, you would not need one. Buying a machine with 1GB of memory would cost an extra $10 (approximately) but would save you from needing to open the machine. I have a couple of very clean ones. If you are interested, send me a pm.

Similar Messages

• I am looking for a backup drive for my macbook pro, any suggestions?

I have a macbook pro and I am looking for a backup drive.  There are so many out there and I would like suggestions for which one to purchase.  Thanks!

Pretty much any drive will work, but for a laptop, you might like to get a portable drive (doesn't require that you connect it to power) with USB3. Thunderbolt drives are also available, but they're more expensive and no faster than USB3 for a single hard drive.
    I personally like the Lacie rugged series: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H9377ZM/A/lacie-1tb-rugged-hard-drive-triple-u sb-30-5400-rpm?fnode=5f
    If you shop around you should be able to get it a little cheaper than Apple's prices.
    Matt

• I'm looking for iPad backup to windows software reviews

I'm looking for software that will run on windows that will backup/restore reliably :
    iPad2 / iPhone 5
    1. apps.
    2. photoes / movies.
    3. Settings.
    4. Documents.
    5. Contacts
    6. iBooks
    Thank you,
    Docfxit

I realize iTunes is available for partial backups.
    I do sync with iTunes.  I don't like iTunes.
    1.  I have 4 different devices I need to backup up.  iTunes lets you have one account sync'ed to one PC.
    2.  iTunes doesn't backup everything.
    3.  iTunes fails sometimes and you loose what you have sync'ed.  I would like backup software that is more reliable.
    Thanks,
    Docfxit

• My time capsule just keeps looking for a backup disk

I am having problems with my Time Capsule. I try to back up my mac book pro onto my time capsule and it just states "looking for back up disk" and wont go past that. It still works as a shared folder to store files, however it never comepltes a back up. It had been working fine then all of a sudden stopped. I have tried everything. I reformated it back to the factory settings and set it up again. I didn't lose any of the files I had on it using it as a external hard drive. However it still wont back up. Any help would be great as I have tried multiple things. I am currently using moutain lion.
    Thanks

Do a full reset of TM..
    See A4 here. http://pondini.org/TM/Troubleshooting.html
    Your reset did nothing to the TC drive.
    Try a verify of the backup.. A5 in above reference.. And load the widget, A1 so you know what TM is doing.
    If you continue to have issues.. ensure the TC has a short name, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.. See C9.. same reference again. Many people use names which are far too long.. it causes issues.
    Sometimes mixing data and backups as you are doing has bad effects.. it is certainly not without issues.
    Look at Q3 here.
    http://pondini.org/TM/Time_Capsule.html
    Sometimes it does just bomb.. you do have to wipe the drive.. ie erase and start over. Clearly if you are loading data as well onto the TC.. wiping will require you first off load those files. Consider using a USB drive to keep data and backups separate.

• Looking for good backup program

im using a external HD for my music, copied from itunes. Im looking for a program so when i remount the drive it will reconize any new music or changes i have made to my music files. Thanks

lawrence gelman wrote:
    im using a external HD for my music, copied from itunes. Im looking for a program so when i remount the drive it will reconize any new music or changes i have made to my music files.
    sorry, i fail to understand. if your music is on the external, changes or new music would be done on/going to the external. so when the drive remounts what will be there to recognize ?
    do you have a separate library on the external and your startup disk ? or did you split one library, partly on the internal and the rest on the external ?
    also, why are you posting in the time machine forum (TM, incidentally, is a backup program) and not in the iTunes forum ?
    JGG

• Looking for a Backup software with remote encrypted files and FTP or WebDav support

I know and have been using a bunch of software to backup my files, but none of them respond to my needs. I have a server running (windows xp) at a friends of mine with SSH, FTP and WebDAV capabilities.
    I want to be able once a week to incrementally backup my iTunes, iPhoto and important documents to this remote location. I know there are may tools on the market that does this, but here is the trick, I want the files on the remote machine to be encrypted. The connection is 10Mbits.
    I though that some of you might already be using such a solution or will have a good idea to share with me and the community on how to do this efficiently.

So Novastor is blowing my phone up because they want me to renew this month.
    I have been with them for a couple of years...and I am just not that impressed.
    It was cheap software, but to this day, I still dont have full confidence that it actually will work if sh*t hits the fan. It has saved me on one occasion, but it required 2 calls to tech support because recovering from bare metal is insanely difficult compared to other software I have used.
    Anyway, I am looking to see what my options are. My basic requirement is that it needs to be able to use tape. Symantec did a great job with tapes so I am leaning in that direction but they are so damn expensive. 
    So I put it out to you guys, because I love getting real world opinions, instead of salespeople pounding down the doors. 
    This topic first appeared in the Spiceworks Community

• Looking for article "Backup::Restore"

I am getting ready to start a backup system and trying to decide between the cloning style using SuperDuper or the archival system using Retrospect. Both have merits, if I don't catch an issue right away, SuperDuper will transfer it to my backup (making the backup useless) while Retrospect won't give me a bootable backup making disaster recover more of a challenge.
    In searching the forum I found a couple of references to an article by a user named Lee Cullins, but his .Mac account where he posted it is no longer active. Does anyone have the article? I would like to read it.
    Dual 2.66 Mac Pro   Mac OS X (10.4.8)   also have a 12 inch Powerbook

I make my living backing up several TB worth of data each night. I can't help you with locating that article you want, but I can give you a couple of suggestions.
    First off though, what is your budget and how catostrophic would lost data be to you? The more important your data is, the more rigorous you will need to be with setting up a backup and disaster recovery policy.
    Backup and disaster recovery is all about mitigating risk, so its different for each person or organization.
    What I do with my PowerMac G5 at home is to have a second internal disk drive. The first drive is my primary boot drive. The second drive is a duplicate of the first. I only update the second drive after each OS upgrade, and only after testing the upgrade for a few days, at which time I will clone it again.
    I use Superduper for that purpose. I also have all my data sitting on an external Sygate firewire disk drive. If I lose both internal drives, all I need to do is connect my external disk drive to a different Mac if I need my data quickly. My data disk does not change that much in a typical day. What I do is simply clone my data disk (with SuperDuper) once a month to a second external disk drive. I then take my secondary external disk drive and store it outside my home for safe keeping.
    For my PowerMac G5 at work, I have a second internal drive for both data and the OS. I do not use any external disk drives on my Mac at work, but I do automated backups to tape of my Mac at work to a huge tape library that's located several blocks away from my office.
    On my MacBook Pro, I simply copy my files via my home Airport Extreme network to the external hard drive on my desktop Mac to back them up.
    What you end up doing depends on your budget, your needs, and your tollerance for disk. If you are running a mission critical server, you need to get a lot more elaborate with your backup strategy then what I do with my Macs.

• I'm looking for a backup software other than TimeMachine

Hi,
    I really don't need to backup my whole HD (250GB). I only need to backup my music folder and iPhoto folder. Time Machine can only backup the whole harddisc. Can somebody recommend a tool/application that makes this possible?

Super Duper is an excellent program with plenty of options. I would wait for the next update. I decided to try it and here's what happened: Super Duper allows one to set your back up Firewire drive up as bootable "clone". It will copy over either all files, user files, or just files that have been changed since the last back up. Normally, whatever version of OSX is installed on the back up drive remains unaffected by a back up. You have to boot up from the clone and then run software update on it, or do an install for a major revision. My iMac had been updated to Leopard but I left the back up clone in Tiger on purpose. Unfortunately after the last back up the clone is now showing itself as a 10.5 disk in the Startup Disk menu and will no longer boot nor can I repair permissions. I will have to either install Leopard on it or re-install Tiger. By the way, my Leopard iMac won't run the Tiger install disk anymore. I guess I'll have to use an older G3 iBook I still have.

• Time Capsule, Looking for backup

Since the recent software update my timecapsule isnt backing up anymore, my drive seems to mount and appear on the desktop and i can see the drive but all i get is looking for backup, in the time machine prefrences i have tried re selceting disks and a few other things but still no joy, does anyone know if this a a bug in recent software and if so how to report to apple, if not any ideas to fix this world be great.
    in finder i can see the time capsule drive and drag and drop files in and out with no problem
    I have macbook 2GHz intel core 2 duo 4GB Ram running Mac OS X 10.7.3
    Time Capsule is running 7.6.1

I have had a similar problem with Time Capsule, Time Machine and Mac OS 10.7.
    In french, Time Machine was telling "Recherche du Disque de Sauvegarde" which seems to be similar to "Looking for Backup Disk" and couldn't backup anything.
    I've resolved it (while keeping the last backup) with following what is described there :
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/17239743#17239743
    Below, what I have done in details :
    To your own risks... (risk of erasing everything on the mac and of deactivate some functions... and to be unable to recover anything)
    It has worked for me but it couldn't for you. 
    1/ Deactivate Wifi on the Mac
    2/ disabled the backup from the preferences panel
    No pending backup.
    Open "Terminal" app
    3/ disabled spootlight:
    sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist
    (described here : http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/10/disab...mac-os-x-lion/)
    4/ delete the following hidden folders from the diskboot and external drive backup (.Fseventsd and. Spootlight-V100)
    4.1/ delete .Fseventsd on the mac, enter :
    cd /
    ls -l
    (you must find .fseventsd and .spotlight-vt100)
    sudo rm .fseventsd/fseventsd-uuid
    sudo rmdir .fseventsd
    4.2/delete spotlight-vt100 of mac :
    sudo rm -dR .Spotlight-V100
    4.3/ delete .fseventsd of Timecapsule :
    cd /Volumes
    ls -l (you have to look for the backup directory)
    cd Cop* (because for my computer : the name is 'Copies de sauvegardes de Time machine' and it is the single directory name begining by Cop)
    sudo ls -l (check presence of .fseventsd et Spotlight-vt100)
    sudo rm -dR .fseventsd
    4.4/ delete .spotlight-vt100 :
    sudo rm -dR .Spotlight-V100
    5/ Restart Time Capsule and mac
    6/ spootlight rehabilitated (details here :http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/10/disab...mac-os-x-lion/) :
    sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist
    and index launch (found here : http://www.printedbyerik.com/2011/08...index-on-os-x/) :
    sudo mdutil -i on /
    It took 4 hours for 500Go
    7/ at the end : put an internet cable between Mac and Time Capsule (it is mandatory)
    Launch a backup in Time Machine preferences.
    For my computer : 15 hours for 70Go.
    3 backup since without any problem.

• I keep getting a 'Looking for backup disc' message from my  Time Capsule.

I keep getting a 'Looking for backup disc' message from my  Time Capsule. I have set it up several times without any apparent problems (I have even done a Hard and Factory reset). Everything seems fine until I ask Timemachine to 'back up', and then the problems start.
    Any ideas?

I had the exact same problem. I bought the Time Capsule this past July and it worked fine for about a month then it told me it hadn't backed up in 10 days and was stuck looking for the backup drive. I called Apple and they said the reason was that the Time Capsule was in Bridge mode. I launched Airport Utility and sure enough, it was. I changed it to DCHP and NAT (Airport Utility -> Network tab -> Router Mode). After updating the Time Capsule, I couldn't even get on the Internet, let alone do a backup. A logged into the software for my cable modem and discovered that it too was in Bridge mode.
    It turned out (for me) that neither should be in Bridge mode (which is for connecting two networks). Your cable modem only has one IP address. Your Time Capsule should be doing the NAT (Network Address Translation) which translates the internal IP addresses on your network to the one IP address your cable modem has. When I switched my Time Capsule to DHCP and NAT, it conflicted with the fact that the cable modem was also trying to do this. The answer was to turn this off on the modem (allowing all the packets to just go through the modem to the Time Capsule and let IT do the NAT). I did that last week and since then, my Time Capsule has been working perfectly.
    1) Go to your cable modem (via a browser, enter "http://192.168.100.1"). Log-in and find the setting that indicates NAT. If you're uncomfortable doing this or can't find it, call your cable company and ask Tech Support to do it for you. They can do it remotely.
    2) Launch Airport Utilty. Go to the Network Tab and change the router mode to "DHCP and NAT".
    3) You may need to restart your modem and Time Capsule. I can't remember if I had to or not.
    I hope this helps. I tried many things but this is the only solution that fixed it for me. And it makes sense. Only one device, the cable modem or the Time Capsule, can be doing the NAT.

• How can i change the paasword for my backup?

how can i change the password for my backup?

Actually what I'm looking for to backup my data but unfrotunetely I can't because always asked me for the correct pasword to allowed to restore my data. thx Libby 101a

• How do i find a recent backup from on icloud. i don't want to restore on my iphone, just view on my Pc and keep as file. looking for pics and video i recorded thanks

How do i find a recent backup from on icloud. i don't want to restore on my iphone, just view on my Pc and keep as file. looking for pics and video i recorded thanks

The password is set on the WiFi router providing the service, by the owner of the network to prevent unwanted "guests" accessing the network.  The only way to know it is to ask the owner permission to use the network.  Otherwise, you  have to find a free WiFi hotspot that doesn't require a password.

• Looking for a better way to backup end users

Hello there.
    Not sure if this the best forum for this post but here goes.
    Last week my company had a break in and a couple of laptops got lifted. Not a big deal as I had backups of the machines on tape. It did take a while to recover the files though. During that time I got to thinking about a better way to backup and I am looking for any ideas of if this would work or not.
    First quick overview. About 60 end users majority with laptops.
    What I am thinking of doing is this. Take an xServe RAID configured in RAID 5, for redundancy and speed, and creating a shared folder on it for each of my end users. This way if they need to retrieve a file they can log in and will not have to call me. Then, this is where I need help, use some tool to copy all of their files at specified intervals into their folder, at least once a day. I am currently using Retrospect to backup everyone directly to tape and I could use that to do this but the only thing I do not like about Retrospect is it can only do one user at a time. With 60 users I have to start it pretty early in the day. I know copy files would be alot faster so I am not ruling it out. I was also thinking about using ChronoSync to accomplish this and then use Retrospect to backup the RAID to tape for long term storage. I am ruling out using Home directories on the xServe for my users because they are all laptops and are usually out of the office at least one day a week.
    If anyone could offer some ideas of whether or not this is going to work or not or if you have other suggestions, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Daniel Krajc

Hi,
    you could be using a combination of Mobile Accounts (for the settings of the ibook) and rsync (which is installed by default on 10.3 and 10.4), check man rsync for more info.
    regards.
    Dimi.

• PC - Mac... looking for backup suggestions

I never thought I'd buy a Mac (based purely on cost alone), but the big changes in Windows 8 have really turned me off.  What I'm looking for is suggestions on how to migrate.
    I'm looking at moving from a desktop PC with lots of storage space, to buying a Macbook Pro.  My current setup is as follows:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB (DDR3 1600)
    GPU: EVGA 550ti
    Primary Drive: 100 GB SSD - OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2
    1 TB personal drive for media/personal files
    2TB HDD for automated backups
    2TB HDD for manual/secondary backups
    Obviously I already have the drives and don't want to spend $300 on a MyBook, but I'll need an external enclosure that is compatible with the new MacBook Pro, and also easy connectivity.  Suggestions?

I agree with you in some part with regard to cost, but maybe not so much with my particular situation.  The Ultrabook I was looking at a few weeks ago was the Lenovo X1 Carbon for $1300 (base price), but since it comes with W8, I would still need to buy a W7 Pro disc for $200, putting the new price at $1500, the same starting price of the 13" MacBook Pro. 
    I'm also not fond of clinging to older software or OS's.  Microsoft has chosen their path and they're not going to do a complete turnaround with items such as "Metro" or the Start button. It seems like a good time to try something else.  If I don't end up liking the Mac OS, at least they hold their value better in the resale market...
    As for enclosures, they are renowned for being poorly built and unreliable.  I was hoping someone here could recommend one first hand.  If the WD MyBook had even reasonable reviews I probably would have just gone that route.  As is, I'm open to any suggestions.

• Time Capsule "looking for backup disk" problems, running Lion on 24" iMac

Hi,
    I'm having problems with my Time Capsule.  I can't get the backups to run for about a week.  The backup just says "looking for backup disk" for ever.  This is a first gen Time Capsule, and it's still working fine for two MacBooks in the house.  I have all the Apple updates installed, and I'm running 10.7.2.  In Preferences, Time Capsule, I can see the available/of space and there is plenty left.  It's not showing any Oldest and Latest date info for backups.
    If I go to "select disk" and choose the Time Capsule, I'm prompted for the password.  When I press "Connect", the message changes to "Stopping Backup" and this will run for ever.  I have plenty of disk space available, have repaired permissions, have booted in safe mode, reset pram and nvram and probably a few other options to no avail.  I can enter the Time Machine and see all of my backups without problem.
    As a side note, I have also noticed instability whereby various programs have been 'not responding' of late, and need to be force quit.  Once that happens, the iMac won't properly shut down and restart; I usually need to how down the power button.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm having the same problem.  Anyone have a fix?
    Nozz

Maybe you are looking for

• Please suggest solution for deletion of  all rows in table at a time

Suggest me pl/sql code for a push button in form to ‘delete entire rows’ in a table. BEGIN LOOP DELETE FROM mytable(say table name) WHERE ROWNUM < 20000; EXIT WHEN SQL%ROWCOUNT = 0; COMMIT; END LOOP; END; I wrote this code but not deleted . Execute i

• [SOLVED] Using Apple's UEFI boot menu with Arch

Hello,       I've successfully installed arch on my mid-2012 (5,1) 11" Macbook Air, and now I'm trying to get an entry in apple's boot menu (the one that shows when you hold 'option' when starting the computer).  From the author of rEFInd's install i

• Reversal T code for F-49 noted item

Hi experts, we have enter the customer Bank grantees as noted items through F-49 transaction code. can any body give the transaction code for reversal/deleted of this noted item.

• Mac version of Adobe IX Pro

I just purchased the Mac version of Adobe IX Pro and can't get it to open on my mac. Any advice? I see the icon on the upper right corner of my screen but I can't get it to open.

• Problems adding sequences in Premiere elements 7

I have Premiere elements 7. One problem is that I cannot import all the film sequences I have in one folder on my computer at once. I have to import every sequence separarately. Then  I can insert some scenes in the sceneline and the next ones I cann