Lost connection after wake up (T410)

Hello,
I have a permanent problem with losing WiFi connection after wake up (from hibernation and suspend). The access connection manager looses connection and cannot connect automatically (although the setting is set so). I have to connect manually every time and mostly even three times before it finally connects. The manager says either "driver was disconnected" or "operation was cancelled".
Is there any workaround, please? It's horrible to wait minute or two before I can use WiFi after the full wake up. In linux everything works fine
Teddy

hey teddy_the_bear,
curious to know, when your unit was a mono-boot; did it have the same problem or did the problem start after installing linux ?
WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

Similar Messages

• My Mac Pro loses network connection after wake from sleep since Yosemite upgrade.

Mac Pro loses network connection after wake from sleep since Yosemite upgrade. Any one have this issue as well. And is there a work around?

Wi-Fi?
    Wi-FI connection drops
    Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite
    Wi-Fi Problems in OS X Yosemite (2)
    Wireless Diagnostics
    Also try turning off Bluetooth.
    Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues in OS X
    Wireless Connection Problems - Fix
    Wireless Connection Problems - Fix (2)
    Wireless Connection Problems - Fix (3)
    Wireless Connection Problems - Fix (4)

• TS4036 Trying to restore, I've tried a dozen networks and I keep getting a "lost connection" after an hour or two, EVERYTIME. Using Cox Wi-fi with a net gear 300 router. Any suggestions?

Trying to restore, I've tried a dozen networks and I keep getting a "lost connection" after an hour or two, EVERYTIME. Using Cox Wi-fi with a netgear 300 router. Any suggestions?

Thanks, helped me figure out a bigger problem there was with my router's access control and all kinds of crazy numbers that needed to be changed, but I got it.
    Problem is fixed as far as I can tell!

• MBP takes long time to restore wired network connection after wake-up

Hello...
    My Mid-2010 MBP (MacBookPro6,2) has been experiencing this problem recently -- Whenever I wake up the computer from sleep, it needs approximately 10 seconds to restore its wired network connection. I know there are other annoying connection issues with MBP's WiFi/AirPort out there, but I'm talking about the wired connection here.
    Maybe some don't even think this slowness is a problem at all, but this laptop used to be network-ready right after wake-up until 3~4 months ago. That was around the time when I upgraded to SSD and changed some settings via pmset, not sure if that's the culprit. It is now running OS X 10.8.5 and its pmset settings are:
    Battery Power:
    lidwake              1
    ttyskeepawake        1
    hibernatemode        3
    gpuswitch            2
    hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
    displaysleep         2
    sleep                15
    acwake               0
    halfdim              1
    sms                  0
    lessbright           1
    disksleep            10
    AC Power:
    lidwake              1
    ttyskeepawake        1
    hibernatemode        0
    gpuswitch            2
    hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
    womp                 1
    displaysleep         10
    networkoversleep     0
    sleep                60
    acwake               0
    halfdim              1
    sms                  0
    disksleep            0
    I'd appreciate help of any kind
    Thanks,
    zuoy

Maybe try this, i am not sure that it will resolve the problem, but it is worth trying anyways.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/eef49e64-157c-4082-8e80-52e48309691f
    Hi All,
    I've seen this problem multiple times, especially with Windows 7 64-bit versions and Enterprise edition.  The source of the problem appears to be the Bonjour service that is installed in the background and set to "Automatic" when installing certain 3rd
    party applications.  Apple applications like iTunes and Adobe applications like Acrobat Professional and Creative Suites have been known to cause this problem.  I've also seen virtualization software like VMWare and VirtualBox cause similar issues
    with network adapters.
    The solution in most of the cases I've come across has been to stop and disable the Bonjour service.  The Bonjour service also masquerades as a service with a name of the format "##Id_String1.6844F930_blahblahblah".  Here's how to disable this service
    in Windows 7:
    Right-Click on Computer > Select 'Manage'
    Expand the 'Services and Applications' section in the bottom of the Left-Nav dialog and Select 'Services'
    Sort the Services list by name and look for either "Bonjour" or the "##Id_String..." name mentioned above
    Right-Click on the service and select 'Properties'
    Click the 'Stop' button to stop the service
    Select 'Disabled' from the 'Startup type' drop down list
    Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'
    Reboot your machine and see if the "Multiple Networks" issue is resolved.  If so, you should have internet connectivity again.
    Hope this helps.
    cheers,
    Aaron

• Time Machine lost connection after Lion update

Wanted to see if anyone lost the time machine connection after the latest 10.7.1 update released yesterday?  My system couldnt find the drive for it and I had to re-set my time machine and then I could connect.

Some more info might help one of us with possible steps to resolve your problem. Is the external drive firewire, usb or network through airport, port-powered, etc?
    What basic troubleshooting did you try?
    Does it show up in System profiler? If it does there may not be too serious a problem.
    While there are some who've had problems with the latest updates many of us have had no problems but we do empathise with those who have.
    Neville

• Wreg54g lost connection after router restart

Hi everibody! i need your help if anybody can help me...Recently somebody helped me and installed my Wreg54g.after some time, i had to restart my router so i can connect my phone(it had to be directly to the router..so i had to restart it). after this operation, my range expander lost connection.one light blue, one red..so i pressed that button auto configuration, both lights turned blue, but still i don't have full signal on my comp.what did i do wrong, how can i fix it?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

I believe the settings on the range extender had been messed up so much that you press the AUTO Configuration button when you tried to reconnect though that is understandable. What I suggest is you make sure that the wireless internet is working okay through the router then on the WRE54G, configure the wireless settings again manually (without running the set up CD) the same with the router's. Check on the articles below to guide you in setting up the extender manually. By the way, reset first the extender before doing the reconfiguration.
    Setting up the range expander without the installation CD
    http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=4d0870bf247a47e5b49b945a7a1ff515_Setting_up_the_R...
    Additional References:
    http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=a3f6ea1b147844c090f7227d504ddbc1_.xml&pid=80&resp...
    http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=3723920ab5ec46f0a6d6a4f831e55b06_1488.xml&pid=80&...

• ORA-03135 (lost connection) after collector start

After installing either AV 10.2.2.0 or 10.3.0 and associated agent of same version, collectors die. Excerpt from DBAUD_Collector log file:
    INFO @ '25/07/2008 16:41:37 -5:00':
    ***** Recovery done OK
    ***** Initialization done OK
    ***** Starting CB
    ERROR @ '25/07/2008 16:41:37 -5:00':
    ORA-03135: connection lost contact

Problem solved!
    1. Stop db and rename
    C:\ORACLEXE\APP\ORACLE\PRODUCT\10.2.0\SERVER\DBS\SPFILEXE.ORA
    to
    C:\ORACLEXE\APP\ORACLE\PRODUCT\10.2.0\SERVER\DBS\OLD_SPFILEXE.ORA
    2. Start db.
    3. sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
    4. In sqlplus:
    startup pfile='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\config\scripts\init.ora';
    This brings up the database.
    5. In sqlplus:
    create spfile from pfile='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\config\scripts\init.ora';
    This creates 'C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\database\SPFILEXE.ORA'
    6. Stop db, move SPFILEXE.ORA to C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\dbs
    7. Start db. Now it is working.
    Thoughts:
    1. I probably don't have to do 4. And I can combine 5 and 6 and generate SPFILEXE.ORA from init.ora in one step by specifying the destination.
    2. In C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\config\scripts there is a initXETemp.ora which is very similar to init.ora. You may use it to recover as well.
    Thanks everyone!
    xmk

• I join the ranks of those with lost connectivity after 4.2...

I too can join the ranks of those who have upgraded to iOS 4.2 and having issues. My 64GB 3G iPad now has WiFi only connection. Shows "No Service" for 3G.
    I called Apple's tech folks who, predictably, blamed the SIM card being lose or out of place. Of course this only became a problem after having upgraded (really downgraded??) to 4.2. They have no solution otherwise.
    When will Apple release products/software that "just work??" Asking to much there Mr. Jobs?? Recall that pesky iPhone 4 signal strength issue?? It's still fresh in folks minds and this will exacerbate the problem more.

After any reboot, my iPad 3G always "loses" 3G connectivity, can't find the SIM, and doesn't know the cellular data phone #. Every time. While your problem might be related to 4.2, before you conclude that for sure, try the following:
    1. Reboot the iPad
    2. Turn OFF Wi-Fi
    3. Turn ON Cellular Data (even though Settings->General->About and/or Settings->Cellular Data->View Account said it couldn't connect or find the 3G stuff)
    4. Wait a few seconds to see if you get the AT&T signal strength bars then bring up Safari to force a data transfer
    You should be up. (Unless you really are having 4.2 problems). This problem happens to me all the time, and I haven't (yet) made the 4.2 upgrade. But (for me, so far) this sequence of actions forces the iPad to "rediscover" the information on the AT&T SIM card. Works every time.

• Loss of bluetooth connections after wake-up from sleep

Hi,
    I upgraded to Lion on my Macbook Pro i5 2.4GHz yesterday. Now every time when I wake up the computer from sleep, my apple bluetooth keyboard and mighty are not responsive at all. Even if I click on "connect" one by one, they still do not respond unless I turn off the bluetooth of the Macbook Pro and turn it back on again. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem too and would really appreciate a solution. Lion is great. But this bug is quite annoying.
    Thanks in advance.
    Doniel

1. Footnote to gtmagnet's suggestion:
    I tried it (checking the option to allow Bluetooth devices to wake the computer), then I put my MBP to sleep. Then I manually switched off my Magic Trackpad (to conserve battery life). With the option in question checked, the physical act of switching off the Magic Trackpad immediately reawakened the MBP :/   (I appreciate that the MT automatically retreats into a low power state without needing to be switched off, but I prefer to get maximum mileage from my batteries).
    That solution also didn't solve the original problem for me.
    2. Footnote to CWL's suggestion:
    I then tried that solution (removed the MT and then re-added it), but that didn't work either. Perhaps I need to be more aggressive in seeking out and deleting system files - but this makes me nervous.
    So for now, I'm still having to reboot every time the MT fails to be recognised on awakening from sleep. It would be really nice if Apple could just get over its blushes and issue the first batch of bug fixes without any further delay

• Lost Connection after Update

Hi,
    on one of our servers, a mac mini I started remotely a software Update. It was 10.68 Server.
    After that I could connect, but I saw thet all users were entitled for remote management.
    So I deleted the users, but left me in. Later I was not able to connect anymore.
    First it said ARD not active. So I learned my way to kickstart (I have SSH enabled), but everything failed.
    Alo when I want to add the computer, the password and name is failing, but I´m able to connect with this name and password trough terminal.
    I think the mini is on his login screen. I tried also to reboot, but no change.
    Should a manual restart from some staff in the datacenter should do more then a reboot?
    Maybe I have to drive all the way to the datacenter
    Any tipps
    Norbert

with "ARD_AllLocalUsers" = 0; only authorized users can connect, instead of all users. If the account your trying to connect with, is not on the list, and or doesn't have the right allowed access, This could explain why your not able to connect.
    Have you tried the command:
    zdactivate -configure -access -on -restart -agent -privs -all
    Or Alternatively:
    sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/k ickstart -activate -deactivate
    sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.RemoteManagement "ARD_AllLocalUsers" -integer 1
    sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.RemoteManagement "ARD_AllLocalUsersPrivs" -integer 1073742079
    sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/k ickstart -activate -activate

• Lost connection after restart  -- Please Help

Bought 5th gen ipod week ago. Don't use my home computer much:
    - iBook G3
    - OS X 10.2.8
    - iTunes 3
    Updated my software, connected the ipod and immediately starting syncing and listening to music. Imported 20 CDs...all good.
    Today, computer froze when I tried to eject the ipod. I restarted the computer and when I came back to it, everything is erased from my ipod. Everything still on itunes. Started to Update everything back to the ipod and realized that the ipod was not showing up in my itunes library.
    Done the 5 R's, except I can't install the most recent version of itunes because I'm not on OSX 10.3 or above.
    Please tell me there's a way to fix this without having to purchase new operating system software.
    Thanks to anyone who will respond.

And which iPhoto version did you use before this happened?
    If you upgraded from iPhoto 7.1.2 or earlier, you need to run the iPhoto Library Upgrader.  Restore your iPhoto lIbrary from your backup to the state before the upgrade, then download, install, and run the upgrader, use this link  iPhoto '11: About the Library Upgrader
    If you upgraded from a newer iPhoto version, see this discussion:
    Re: It appears my iPhoto Library is corrupt after upgrade ...
    Are you seeing a folder "Old Masters", when you are ctrl-clicking your iPhoto Library and using "How Package Contents"?
    Also see this discussion:  Re: Yosemite, iPhoto 9.6 upgrade, large photo library is not recognised.

• Lost connection after sleep

I installed safari 4 yesterday. But when i put my laptop to sleep, I lose my network connection when I wake my computer up. I need to restart the system, than everything is working fine again. I'm working with XP. With my mac I don't have this problem.

Have her open System Preferences>Network and click on the PPPoE tab then the PPPoE Options button. Is "Connect automatically when needed" check marked and the other three under "Session Options" unchecked?
    John

• Aironet 1140 AP - Lost connection after updating duplex

I change the duplex from Auto/Auto to Full/1000 via the attached screenshot setting in the web access console. Now the AP will not respond and allow items to connect to the AP. I can no longer access it via the URL or ping it. Any ideas on how to get it back?

You will need to console into the AP change the settings back.  Make sure you leave speed and duplex to auto/auto.

• Lost connection after power up my iMac (2011)

Every time i shut down my new iMac an power it on again i must connect time capsule again. The Internet connection is also down in that case.

Most likely, one of these:
    com.vmware.kext.vmioplug        0053.60.16
    com.vmware.kext.vsockets        90.1.3
    com.vmware.kext.vmci    90.1.1
    com.vmware.kext.vmx86   0053.60.16
    See
    What is a kernel panic,
    Technical Note TN2063: Understanding and Debugging Kernel Panics,
    Mac OS X Kernel Panic FAQ,
    Resolving Kernel Panics, and
    Tutorial: Avoiding and eliminating Kernel panics for more details.

• Bluetooth not connecting after wake up from sleep

This morning, post Lion install, none of my bluetooth devices would connect automatically - keyboard, mouse, trackpad. I was left to plug in a wired keyboard and restart the computer.
    Had never done this with Snow Leopard.

Same here with Magic Trackpad. Reboot was required.
    I am providing feedback as a bug report using the feedback page for the Magic Mouse (which I don't have, but is obviously also a Bluetooth device like the Trackpad):
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/magicmouse.html
    The form's drop down menu also doesn't have an option yet for Lion, so be sure to make clear you're talking about Lion if you also use the form to report this

Maybe you are looking for