Mac OS X 10.4.11 - Have a loner HP OfficeJet T45

Advice sought. Am at school for 2 weeks w/ a loner OfficeJet. I have the HP disc and the updated T45 driver version 1 but Mac not reading any of this. Printer cable replaced w/ USB and the communication link to send a print appears to work but the actual print - is not happening.
Any advice? This is making me a bit frantic as I need to print a bunch of stuff.
Gail.

Open Printing Foundation has one:
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-OfficeJet_T45
Although these drivers were originally written for Linux, they are now also supported by Mac OS X. More info here:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosx
Message was edited by: Grant Bennet-Alder

Similar Messages

• I have not been able to use iTunes for several months.  Every time I open iTunes, it freezes by computer such that there is about a minutes between each action.  I am running iTunes 11 on Mac OS 10.6.8 and have a computer with maxed out memory.

I have not been able to use iTunes for several months.  Every time I open iTunes, it freezes by computer such that there is about a minutes between each action.  I am running iTunes 11 on Mac OS 10.6.8 and have a computer with maxed out memory.  Help!  I can't access my iTunes content.

I have not been able to use iTunes for several months.  Every time I open iTunes, it freezes by computer such that there is about a minutes between each action.  I am running iTunes 11 on Mac OS 10.6.8 and have a computer with maxed out memory.  Help!  I can't access my iTunes content.

• I have a mac mini mid 2011, this device have; 2,3GHz and 2 Gb Memmory.I want to upgrade the memory and i need the list of supported memory modules

i have a mac mini mid 2011, this device have; 2,3GHz and 2 Gb Memmory.I want to upgrade the memory and i need the list of supported memory modules. i am from turkey.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities
    The Mid 2011 Mac mini supports 8 GB of memory officially, but you can install up to 16 GB of RAM, so you can use 2, 4 and 8 GB modules. You can buy more RAM from OWC or Crucial.
    If you are looking for memory at a local shop, make sure you buy 1333 MHz DDR3 memory. See > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4432?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

• I would like to find out how I can setup my Mac Air to allow me to have an email template open up in Outlook instead of Mail when I click on an email address on a website.

Can anyone help me with setting up my Mac Air, to allow me to have an email template open up in Outlook instead of Mail when I click on an email address on a website?

All the limits you mention 100 e-mails at a time and 500 in a four hour time frame are limitations imposed by your mail provider, not Thunderbird. Thunderbird places no restrictions on the maximum number of recipients.
    Have you tried turning your computer off for a few minutes?

• I have Photoshop Elements 12 for both PC and Mac (I use both). I have a new camera, Nikon D810. I downloaded the latest version of Camera Raw, 8.8. My D810 is listed as a supported camera model. However, when I try to open a raw photo in Photoshop Element

I have Photoshop Elements 12 for both PC and Mac (I use both). I have a new camera, Nikon D810. I downloaded the latest version of Camera Raw, 8.8. My D810 is listed as a supported camera model. However, when I try to open a raw photo in Photoshop Elements, I keep getting the message "Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw. I have tried reinstalling Camera Raw many times, and have tried to open many different raw files in Elements, and still get the same error message. Please help.

How did you try to install ACR 8.8.  The only way I know of that works with Elements is to use the Updates Choice on the Help menu.
    There are two charts supplied by Adobe that explain your RAW dilemma.  This one tells you what your camera needs:  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html   This one tells you what version of software you need:  http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html
    In your case, the Nikon D810 needs Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) 8.6 or Lightroom 5.6.  (Congratulations on buying a new camera!)
    To get to that level with Photoshop Elements, you will need to replace your Photoshop Elements 12 with version 13.   Adobe caps ACR updates on version 12 at 8.5.
    The most convenient way to get around it without spending any money is to use the FREE from Adobe DNG Converter.  Download and install it from here for FREE:  http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5855&fileID=5890  Once it is installed you can convert your D810 raw files to an Adobe RAW version with the .DNG file extension that most, if not all, versions of the various Adobe software programs can use.  That includes old versions of Photoshop, Elements and Lightroom.  DNG converter can be used as the tool to move your files from your memory card to your computer, is efficient, will convert in batches and is completely lossless.  There is no risk of any image quality degradation or RAW functionality.

• HT1727 i bought some ringtones on my iPhone, later on i sync my iphone to my old computer now i have a new mac pro desktop and i only have 2 ringtones on my phone but not the rest of them how can i get them back without having to pay for them again?

i bought some ringtones on my iPhone, later on i sync my iphone to my old computer now i have a new mac pro desktop and i only have 2 ringtones on my phone but not the rest of them how can i get them back without having to pay for them again?

If you bought them on your iPad then you will need to connect your iPad to your computer's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy them over to the Tones part of your computer's iTunes library and you can then sync them to your iPhone - ringtones are a one-time only download, so you won't be able to redownload them directly on your phone.

• Can anyone recommend an external storage device to supplement my mac book air?  I already have a time capsule but want the new device to replicate the data on that so ideally would like a device that i can connect to the time capsule through a cable.

Can anyone recommend an external storage device to supplement my mac book air?  I already have a time capsule but want the new device to replicate the data on that so ideally would like a device that i can connect to the time capsule through a cable. 

Hi CJR
    I'm not sure how Time Capsule can be replicated onto your external drive but there is a USB port on the back of TC that can be hooked up to any recent external drive.
    Another thing to think about , besides a Time Capsule failure, is the theft of your Time Capsule, so it might be a good idea to consider separating any redundant back-up from your Time Capsule or both my be stolen.
    TC will back up until full and then begin deleting the oldest back-ups.  Mine is a 2TB Time capsule.
    My back-up plan is as follows:
    1.  Macbook Air back-up on Time Capsule though Time Machine backs up everything - I think it's about every 30 min or so.
    2.  Contacts, reminders, appointments, notes, email are backed up through iCloud.
    3.  iTunes and non-itunes purchased music is on iMatch (and no need to back-up) and any non-iTunes music is backed up on an HP external drive (in case Time Capsule dies)
    4.  Photos are on my MacBook Air and are backed up on my HP external drive.
    5.  Office documents (Excel, Powerpoint, Access etc) are stored in a Skydrive app (like iCloud) and Skydrive syncs these docuemnts with the MS  cloud and my old PC and does not alter their native format like storing in iCloud would do.
    Cheers

• When I sync my iPhone to my Mac computer the items that I have put in my phone iCal sync to the computer, but the items that I have entered on my computer iCal do not sync to my phone.  How do I fix this?

When I sync my iPhone to my Mac computer the items that I have put in my phone iCal sync to the computer, but the items that I have entered on my computer iCal do not sync to my phone.  How do I fix this?

look here
    http://www.apple.com/support/ical/

• I have just recently bought a MacBook Air. I am looking for an email which I put into a folder on my Mac Pro. The smart folders have come across to the Air, but not the 'On my Mac' folders. Are they lost?

I have just recently bought a MacBook Air. I am looking for an email which I put into a folder on my Mac Pro. The smart folders have come across to the Air, but not the 'On my Mac' folders. Are they lost?

Are you sure that the "On My Mac" folders weren't empty? If all your mail accounts are IMAP, they may have been.

• I have MacAir with OS 10.8.4, how can I cancel the automatic link of my USB flashdisk to Mac instead of BootCamp, since I have one time press the ALT key before choosing "MAC" or "BOOTCAMP". Thanks

I have MacAir with OS 10.8.4, how can I cancel the automatic link of my USB flashdisk to Mac instead of BootCamp, since I have one time press the ALT key before choosing "MAC" or "BOOTCAMP". Thanks

That only happens when you are running Windows in a Virtual Machine with OS X as the host. Shut down the VM and restart your Mac.  Once the VM is running again and you insert a USB flash drive you should get that prompt again.

• How to restart base station from airport utility? I used to be able to do it remotely  I currently use a Mac Pro 10.8.4 and have a time machine for wireless 6.3 (630.34). Sometimes I cannot connect to the internet and use network preferences to diagnose t

How to restart base station from airport utility? I used to be able to do it remotely
    I currently use a Mac Pro 10.8.4 and have a time machine for wireless 6.3 (630.34). Sometimes I cannot connect to the internet and use network preferences to diagnose the issue. This results in being told to restart the wireless. The airport utility includes the drop down option of restarting but is not clickable so I can't choose it.
    With my prior macbook and same time capsule, etc  if i had problems connecting to the internet I would run network diagnostics to help out. This included clicking on the airport utility ---> base station --> restart. This worked most of the time.
    Bottom line, is there something I am missing in not being able to restart the wi-fi remotely? ]
    Thanks in advance

You are likely forgetting a step.
    Open AirPort Utility
    Click on the Time Capsule icon
    Click Edit in the small window that appears
    Now click the Base Station menu.....top of the screen....not the Base Station "tab" in the center of the screen
    Click Restart

• I'm new to mac. Just started out. Have OS 10.8.3. I have an HP 1315 printer.  It prints and copies, wont scan.  I see old threads on this, nothing recent.  ?can i make this work, or do i need a new printer??

I'm new to mac. Just started out. Have OS 10.8.3. I have an HP 1315 printer.  It prints and copies, wont scan.  I see old threads on this, nothing recent.  ?can i make this work, or do i need a new printer??

Hi Newbie111
    I see that you are unable to scan with the Photosmart 1315.
    What driver are you using?
    The driver listed in the url below is a basic print driver that will allow you to print only.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ps242muc&c c=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=1006&product=61956&sw_lang=
    You can try using the apple drivers in the url below.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907
    If you have any further issues please let me know.

• I just bought a new IMAC and i want to install the Office Mac 2011, but it doesn´t have a CD unit. How can I do it?

I just bought a new IMAC and I want to install the Office Mac 2011, but it doesn´t have a CD unit. How can I do it?

Howard has the easiest answer. Or at least, cheapest, since you don't need to purchase an external CD/DVD drive.
    The "demo" software from Microsoft's site is exactly the same as what's on the DVD. Install that and activate it with the key in your software box.
    From Microsoft's site:
    How do I install Office for Mac 2011 if my Mac doesn't have a DVD drive?
    There are two options for installing Office for Mac if your Mac doesn't have a DVD drive.
    Option 1: Convert your Office for Mac 2011 trial. To convert a trial version, you must have a valid product key. The product key will convert your trial into a fully licensed version of Office for Mac.
    1. Locate the 25-character product key in your product package or confirmation email.
    2. Open any Office for Mac application, like Word, PowerPoint, or Excel.
    3. On the first screen of the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant, click Enter your Product Key.
    4. Enter your product key and complete the installation instructions.
    Option 2: If you have not previously installed the trial version, you can download Office for Mac from the Office for Mac website. To download, install, and activate the software you must have a valid Office 2011 product key.
    1. Locate your 25-character product key found in your product package or confirmation email.
    2. Go to www.officeformac.com/download
    3. Click Get Started to start the download process.
    4. When prompted, enter your 25-character product key and select your product language.
    5. When prompted, sign in with your Windows Live ID or sign up and create a new Windows Live ID account.
    6. After you enter your Windows Live ID, you will see a link to download the software. (You will also receive a confirmation email with a link to your My Account page if you prefer to wait and download your software at a later time.)
    7. Click Download Now to start the download.
    8. Save the file to your desktop. Do not change the file name.
    9. When the download is complete, double-click the .dmg file icon on your desktop. This opens the Installer application in Mac OS X.
    10. Follow the instructions in the installer screens to complete your installation.

• Does anyone use a LaCie external hard drive with their Mac using imovie '09?  I have some questions.

Does anyone use a LaCie external hard drive with their Mac using imovie '09?  I have some questions.

Are you actually having a problem with the new Lacie drive, or are you just asking is the Lacie drive somehow different from your old G-Drive?
    From a connection standpoint, most Lacie desktop drives have both USB and FireWire connections, just like the G-Drives do.  You would connect and use it the same as a G-Drive.
    Regarding capturing to the external HD, if you are using a camcorder that has FireWire (iLink) connection, it is not advisable to have an external FireWire HD connected to your Mac at the same time as your camcorder; there are often communication conflicts between the camcorder and the hard drive if they are connected at the same time.  The conflicts usually appear as either dropped frames or a complete freeze.   This is more common with Canon miniDV camcorders but I have also seen this behavior with Sony miniDV camcorders.  (The problem is the camcorder's FW implementation, not the hard drive.)  The workaround is to capture to your Mac's internal HD and later copy the captured video to your external HD.

• I have recently purchased a hybred 750GbHDD as an upgrade for my MAC Book Pro (Intell Version) I have a boot camp partition to the original 500GB HDD. How can I expand both partitions to fit the new drive?

I have recently purchased a hybred 750GbHDD as an upgrade for my MAC Book Pro (Intell Version) I have a boot camp partition to the original 500GB HDD. How can I expand both partitions to fit the new drive?
    I have tried bootcamp and have had no luck due to the fact that boot camp doesn't see the additional HDD space of 250Gb. What am I not doing?

Ouch, well there is a problem.
    This is the stack of partitions on your old drive
    EFI (hidden)
    Lion (50GB say)
    Bootcamp (50GB say)
    Lion Recovery Partiton (hidden)
    This is the same stack on your new drive imaged from the old one.
    EFI (hidden)
    Lion (50GB say)
    Bootcamp (50GB say)
    Emtpy Space (100GB say)
    This is what you want
    EFI (hidden)
    Lion (100GB say)
    Bootcamp (100GB say)
    EFI has to be at the top of the drive and Lion Recovery has to be at the bottom of the drive.
    And you only have four partitions.
    You can't move the Lion Recovery Partition or Bootcamp partiton, however you can expand the Lion Partition into empty space below it. (but can't delete or move the Lion Recovery partition)
    Your Duplicator duplicated perfectly, too perfectly Likely would work with same sized drives/partitions.
    This is what your going to need to do.
    You need to move the Bootcamp partition to a blank external drive using WinClone and disconnect. This is so you have two backups of it. (one on your old 500GB drive)
    You will need a drive enclousre or IDE/SATA to USB adapter cable for the older 500GB drive and option key boot from it. (some enclosures can't be booted from so check first Other World Computing is good place to ask)
    Download the free Carbon Copy Cloner, grab any new files off the new 750GB internal drive to the old 500GB your booted from.
    Open Apple's Disk Utility and Erase with Zero option the entire internal 750GB drive and let it rip, this will map off as many bad sectors and improve reliability.
    Now use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the 500GB Lion + Lion Recovery Partitions to the internal 750GB, it will "fix" things and place Lion Recovery at the bottom of the drive where it belongs, give all the extra space to OS X Lion.
    Next your going to have to follow WinClones instructions to restore your Bootcamp, likely you will have to recreate the Bootcamp partition first (in Bootcamp) to the size you want and then clone. Likely Winclone may "fix" Windows to recognize it's in a new larger partition now. I don't know you'll have to check as I haven't used it.
    When Bootcamp creates the partition it will place it near the bottom next to the Lion Recovery Partition.
    As you know you will have to re-validate Windows with Lord Redmond or it expires as you changed the hardware.

Maybe you are looking for