MacBook + samsung syncmaster T220

Hi!
I have Samsung Syncmaster T220 and miniDisplayPort to DVI adapter. When I connect that monitor w/ my macBook I can set maximum resolution 1280x1024 but maximum for monitor is 1680x1050.
How I can set maximum resolution to 1680x1050?
Thanks all.

Guys... my problem is similar but not equal..
I can set the 1680X1050 resolution on my Syncmaster T220.
My macbook, that is connected to the monitor through a mini-DVI to VGA adapter, recognizes it immediatly.
The problem is that it doesn't uses the entire SyncMaster's screen.
It get the higher resolution, but it displays the things centered on the screen.
I just can't strech it to get full screen.
When I use lower resolutions, like 1024x768, it shows fullscreen.
But with 1680x1050 don't.
I start to suspect the VGA Cable...
but I tested it on a windows xp laptop and I got 1680x1050 fullscreen.
Now I suspect the mini-DVI to VGA Adapter or something software-related.
I tryed to reset PRAM, but got no success.
Have you ever gone through a problem like this?

Similar Messages

• Using a Samsung SyncMaster T220 1680X1050 resolution monitor

Whenever I try using the above external monitor at the listed native resolution, my Macbook displays it for a split second before becoming a black screen. All of the lower resolutions listed in the Display PreferencePane work, but it's blurry and not too enjoyable to use (at the moment I'm using a 1280X800 resolution on it).
    I read somewhere that the SwitchResX application works, and I've tried it successfully too but I don't want to purchase more software for my Mac. Are there any other alternative solutions to this problem?
    As always, thanks for any help you can provide!

First off, if SRX is the solution to your problem, the shareware fee seems to be a small price to pay given the alternative.
    But you could also just uninstall it. Now that it has appended the needed resolution to OS X data file, the data will remain, with or without SRX being installed.

• Samsung Syncmaster T220 monitor + MBAir mid 2013

Hi, I am trying to connect my external monitor to my MBAir using Mini Display Port to VGA adaptor without success.
    I've tried with a new cable, also tryed to restart the system... but nothing is working.

its working, i did nothing.... thanks for myself.
    chryssoares wrote:
    Hi, I am trying to connect my external monitor to my MBAir using Mini Display Port to VGA adaptor without success.
    I've tried with a new cable, also tryed to restart the system... but nothing is working.

• Connecting a macbook to a samsung syncmaster T220HD

I have recently bought a macbook and want to connect it to my samsung syncmaster T220HD. Does anyone know what type of adapter I would need to use?
    thanks x

Hi!
    If you bought the late 2008 MacBook you need either a MiniDisplayport to VGA or MiniDisplayport to DVI adaptor.
    bye, Paneer

• Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD doesn't want to work with new MacBook Air

I have a (pre-unibody) MacBook Pro and a Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD. I just picked up a MacBook Air with a MiniDisplay Port to DVI adapter. The monitor works fine with my older Pro but when I connect using the adapter to my Air, the monitor doesn't work. The monitor momentarily lights up and complains that it's not receiving a signal.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Dan

Hello there - did you end up ever solving this one?
    I have a 13" MacBook Air (2011), using a mini display port to HDMI with a P2770HD, and I just cannot get the air to detect the display, or vice versa.

• My Samsung Syncmaster LD220 USB monitor will no longer work. Please help.

I just upgraded to Lion with my MacBook Pro and now my Samsung SyncMaster LD 200g monitor will no longer work. If you can help please do.

I'm getting the same with a macbook Core 2 Duo (aluminum body). I am using USB connection only, but plan to try with VGA cable...

• I just bought Mac Book pro; trying to hook up dual monitor with Samsung syncmaster 2033 but no signal; I am using dvi to hdmi converter. Please assist.

I just purchased a Macbook Pro but unable to set up dual display with samsung syncmaster 2033 via DVI to HDMI port.
    Thank you in advance for help.

There has been quite a lot of discussion here about driving twin displays with the mini, and more recently about the potential for USB video adapters to facilitate this, particularly in the light of several vendors claiming they have suitable MacOS devices and drivers 'almost ready'.
    The DisplayLink solution seems to be the one most suggested as viable, though it's a pity they have not yet been able to move their drivers from beta - I suspect that puts a few people off. It's therefore good to hear of a real-world experience that should help others decide whether or not to go this route!

• Samsung syncmaster ca750

Hello there!
    Does anyone know if its possible to connect my samsung syncmaster ca750 to my macbook pro (1.6.7).
    When I plug in the HDMI cable the screen is detected but won't display anything. Are there any kexts to
    fix this?
    Regards

kimvanlavieren wrote:
    Thank you tjk,
    You were right about the usb setup (windows only). Though the weard thing is samsung tells on their website that the monitor is compatible with mac but in the user manual they say it's just windows.
    Hopefully they release a mac driver or some makes an custom one. Hate it to work on windows..
    Thanks again.
    I'm not surprised about the USB being Windows only, that's life in the Mac lane.
    I am surprised if it won't work with Mac using HDMI or one of the other inputs it has (think I remember DVI or VGA?). No go on finding setting buttons on the monitor housing or in one of its menus (I have no idea how to access menus/settings on that monitor)?

• Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX

Hi just got today a TFT Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX in order to use as a external monitor with my Mac Airbook. My question is, how can I disable the macbook to not show anything in the Display and only have the TFT showing the image. At the moment, I have both the TFT and the Mac displaying what I am doing which is a bit confunsing. Is there a FN + other key to only show the external TFT like the PCs do?
    thanks

Hi just got today a TFT Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX in order to use as a external monitor with my Mac Airbook. My question is, how can I disable the macbook to not show anything in the Display and only have the TFT showing the image. At the moment, I have both the TFT and the Mac displaying what I am doing which is a bit confunsing. Is there a FN + other key to only show the external TFT like the PCs do?
    thanks

• Samsung SyncMaster 931BW 19" has a weird resolution?

Hello everyone!
    I am using my MacBook for some years now. I never had ay problems with it, it has always worked properly. Recently, my mother gave me an old screen she did not need anymore, the Samsung SyncMaster 931BW 19''. I have some problems with it. The resolution is very very weird. When I connect the screen I get a popup that sais:
    Not Optimum Mode
    Recommended Mode :
    1440x900     60Hz
    I know this is a 16:9 configuration. The only configurations I can get are 1600x1200, 1400x1050, 1344x1008, 1280x960, 1024x768 and 800x600. As far as I know this are all 4:3 configurations. That is not what I want. The screen kind of scales it to the screens resolution but it looks so weird.
    When I make a screenshot of it I get, again scaled, a 4:3 ugly pixelized PNG file. I do not like this.
    Besides the resolution problem I also get a weird color. I cannot set it to the right white point and also not the right GAMMA mode. Which makes it almost impossible to see anything on the screen. I tried in the screens options menu to reset the color and the image but that did not change anything. I tried to calibrate it in System Preferences but that only made it worse.
    Please help me with this. It really bugs me.
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2011
    Samsung SyncMaster 931BW

Also, when I click on the Apple logo in the top-right of the screen, I go to "About this Mac", then go to the tab Displays, it shows me two displays:
    Built-in Display
    13,3-inch (1280 x 800)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Display
    13,9-inch (800 x 600)
    Inte; HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    The first is the display of the mac and the second is the Samsung monitor which actually is 19'' with a resolution of 1440x900! I think my MacBook doesn't quite understand me.

• Problem (ugly display) with Samsung syncmaster 2243

Hello
    I just plug my Samsung Syncmaster 2243BW on the mac mini (DVI). The resolution set is the good one : 1680x1050 @ 60hz, but the display isn' t clear, accurate, especially with the fonts.
    any ideas
    thanks in advance

Without knowing exactly what it is you see and object to, I will say that a 22" monitor with 1680 x 1050 resolution is at the low end of the scale among most monitors on the market in terms of density of pixels on the screen. If you consider one square centimeter of area on your 22" monitor, it will have approximately 1250 pixels within that area. Then consider that a 17" MacBook Pro will have 2750 pixels within that same area of one square centimeter.
    Obviously text will look a lot more clear when there is a pixel density of more than double on one display compared to another. Again, I am not sure if this is the underlying reason for your complaint about your new monitor, but it's something to consider.
    Samsung also make a 2343 monitor, and even though it is only one inch larger in size, it is quite a bit higher in resolution. You might be happier with that.

• Improving screen image on Samsung Syncmaster Monitor connected to MBP

I struggled to remove the fuzziness from the picture displayed on my Samsung Syncmaster XL2270HD Monitor from my 2010 MacBook Pro. They are connected using an iWires DVI to HDMI cable. Then I found a contribution from ROLNAS2 from 2 years ago and a variant of the suggested solution works well for me:
    On the Samsung monitor control hit MENU and then select:
    Input > Edit Name > HDMI and set the detail to HDMI and DVI PC.
    Thanks ROLNAS2.

Just a thought,
    Come to think of it, I've seen this issue when a display isn't getting enough power from the graphics card. - Does your Apple display work if as a single monitor attached to the Mac Pro?
    If the screen is black, it could also mean that there is no supported resolution for the monitor provided by your video card, this could also explain why your Mac still registers a connected display. - Have you tried different resolutions and/or bit rates.
    Regards,
    Peter.

• Thunderbolt port not working as dvi in New iMac, is there any fix for it?. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 2494 SW

Just bought the new iMac, also bought apple's mini dvi adapter, when connecting to Samsung SyncMaster 2494sw i get a snow kind of pattern and sometimes let me see apple desktop through it, i tried changing resolutions but nothing, is it a software issue?

Well my friend, after 3 1/2 agonizing hours at he apple store, those "genious" declare that iMac came with defective thunderbolt/dvi to extra monitor , not mine, ALL OF THE NEW iMACS!!!!, shame on apple man, i had to spend 300 extra dls buying a new monitor with hdmi input to solve this crap that apple just did, is not fear coming out with a new product that can handle something so simple. i wish i could report this issue to someone that hears it and make something about it since i do not think this is a minor issue since this new iMac main feature was the thunderbolt port

• Problem: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter with Samsung Syncmaster 2033HD

Hi,
    I am using the Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter to connect to a Samsung Syncmaster 2033HD
    However, I get No Signal with DVI as the Source.
    It works when plugged into the DVI slot of the Mac Pro.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Chad

DisplayPort and its variant Mini DisplayPort, use a new and different protocol for communicating with your display.
    A properly-functioning adapter can request the DisplayPort use "Dual-Mode", which produces a good approximation of single-Link DVI/HDMI. This is good for resolutions up to 1920 wide, which would include your Samsung (1600 by 900).
    Wider displays require a more expensive "active" "powered" converter, to convert DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI.
    So if the display works with a straight DVI connection, but not a DisplayPort adaptation to "Dual Mode" DVI the weak link appears to be the adapter, but you cannot quite rule out the display card.

• Mini Display Port to VGA cable can't detect Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM.

Just conected a Samsung SyncMaster 2693 to my Mac Mini (2.5 CPU mid 2011) with an Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA adaptor it only sees the monitor as a VGA display and is limited to 1920x1081. I was using the same adaptor with an older Mac Mini (mid 2009) and had no problems getting the full 1920x1200 resolution. I've resarted and reinserted the cables, with no joy. Any ideas?

Looking into my problem more deeply it seems that the adaptor is a fault
    As stated by BSteely @ this thread https://discussions.apple.com/message/9447077#9447077 it seems that the 1600 x 1200 @ 85Hz is most likely beyond the capabilities of the DAC onboard the adaptor.
    Apple does make reference to this slightly in this FAQ http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3382 stating "The resolution available with the Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter is 1920 x 1200. VGA displays that use higher refresh rates (such as 85 Hz) at resolutions of 1600 x 1200 or greater may not generate video properly until you lower the refresh rate."
    Begin Rant: "May" As far as my understanding goes the chip inside this adaptor is either designed and the firmware is progamed to support 1600 x 1200 at 85 Hz or it is not. No "May" about it.
    The solution is as simple a providing a list of resolutions and refresh rates supported by the adaptor in some sort of "Technical Specifications" not simply the description provided by the overview in the apple store which makes no mention of any limitation other that the requirement of a display port.

Maybe you are looking for

• How to delete a file from adobe reader on a Acer tablet

I no longer require some pdc files in Adobe Reader.  How do I remove

• YYYYMMDDHHMMSEC to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SEC

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to convert the time stamp with the format YYYYMMDDHHMMSEC should be converted to MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SEC . to convert YYYYMMDD to MM/DD/YYY I am able to use the Function Module CONVERT_DATE_TO_EXTERNAL. But to conve

• Flash Forms

I've created a set of flash forms. It's place in flash as a movie. Approximately 7 frames. As the forms have been created with the excepetion of the send button, I would like to know how to create the submit button and send text ( placed in either fo

• Rescue and Recovery 4.3

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate on my Lenovo 3000 N500. Downloaded Rescue and Recovery 4.3 for Windows 7. It won't install correctly. I get a message that it is only for Lenovo products! How do I "rebrand" my laptop to Lenovo

• Help with using photos for web

I would like to use some photos I have stored in iphoto library, but I need to reduce them. Reading the help guide, it is indicate to export to web page. But in that case it opens automatically a new web page. How can I export to a page that I have a