May I order some more RAM along with my T400?

According to the shopping website, I can only order a maximum of 3GB of RAM for each T400 because I have simply seen no other choices.
So, my question is, may I order some additional  RAM separately for each machine from Lenovo's website? And if the question is 'yes', could you please give me a price? For example, if I want to buy an extra 2GB RAM, how much will I pay for it?
Thank you!

The matter is the price of DDR3 RAM from Lenovo is remarkably cheaper than any third parties else hence I want to order from them. 
One of my friends is ordering a T400 from Lenovo next week. Can I take this chance to order my RAM together with his laptop? 

Similar Messages

• I need some more interview question with answer on modeling,reporting.

i need some more interview question with answer on modeling,reporting.

Hi,
    You may find tons of topic about interview question. Please try to search forums before opening a post next time.Take a look at the link below.
    https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?cat=sdn_all&query=bwinterviewquestions&adv=true&adv_sdn_all_sdn_author_name=
    Regards,
    ®

• Does adding more Ram help with the speed of Compressor

At my office, we are having to dump out a 300k qt 7 project that is an hour long. It takes currently 2 1/2 hours to render out. Can this process speed up a degree with more ram?
    Currently we have 8 gigs.. and we can make out to 16 gigs.

I don't think so. I believe Compressor is cpu/disk io dependent. I think you have enough memory. Depending on what you're encoding to, you may be able to speed things up if your machine has multiple cpu's.

• Can I use kingston ddr 333 along with Kingmax ddr 333

Ok I wanted to add some more memory to my system I have 2 x sticks of 256 ddr 333 Kingmax right now. I would like to add some more ram but I cant seem to find Kingmax memory online I can find a stick of 256 but not a 512 I see alot of Kingston 512 stick and 1 gig can I use Kingston along with Kingmax ram? I dont want to spend too much on this upgrade since I will be upgrading my Mobo and Cpu in a few months and this memory would be too slow for a new system.

My comments are a probability
    Your comments are uninformed.
    A question for you, what do you mean by specification?
    Product specifications, module specifications, component specifications.
    No its not, you dont know the PCB revision, make, model.
    I would not mix double sided with a single sided module.
    lol!  Its not 1994 anymore.  Where have you been?  Mixing DRAM speeds, capacities, and timings has not been a significant issue for years now.  Memory controllers are designed[/i] to accomodate separate timing and speeds for each memory bank.
    Remember VIA Apollo Pro133/133A (VT82C693/694X) from way back in like 1971?
    VT82C694X DRAM controller supports standard Synchronous DRAM (SDRAM) and Virtual Channel SDRAM (VC SDRAM), in a flexible mix / match manner.  The Synchronous DRAM interface allows zero wait state bursting between the DRAM and the data buffers at 66/100/133 MHz.  Six banks of DRAM can be composed of an arbitrary mixture of 1M / 2M / 4M / 8M / 16M / 32MxN DRAMs up to 1.5GB.
    Remember KT133/KT133A (VT8363)?
    VT8363A Advanced High-Performance DRAM Controller:
    -Different DRAM types may be used in mixed combinations
    -Different DRAM timing for each bank
    -Mixed 1M / 2M / 4M / 8M / 16M / 32MxN DRAMs
    -Flexible row and column addresses
    -Independent SDRAM control for each bank
    nForce and nForce2:
    The TwinBank architecture is designed to provide a high degree of flexibility, scalability and upgradeability.  Its technical benefits include:
    • Both 64-bit and 128-bit operations.  In 64-bit mode, the DIMM can be located on either MC1 or
    MC2.  In 128-bit mode, both MC1 (DIMM0) and MC2 (DIMM1/DIMM2) are utilized.
    • Both controllers are functionally identical with all control and timing parameters independently programmable.  This allows asymmetric DIMMs with different memory organization, size, and speed to be used on MC1 and MC2 and still provide the full performance benefits of the 128-bit memory system.
    • Support for odd total memory size; eg. 64MB + 128MB = 192MB, while still taking advantage of
    the 128-bit TwinBank architecture.
    NFORCE2 DualDDR Memory Architecture
    Both of the memory controllers on DualDDR are functionally identical with all control and timing parameters independently programmable.  This flexibility allows the users to populate up to three asymmetric DIMMs in any organization, size and speed.  DualDDR simply adjust to the lowest common density that will facilitate 128-bit bandwidth, allowing a wide variety of different DIMM combinations to operate reliably regardless of the individual density and latency characteristics.
    SIS 655FX/655TX:
    Flexible Dual Channel
    This feature allows users to “mix and match” memory sizes and odd number of sticks to operate in Dual Channel mode.
    Do you think memory controllers have become less[/i] sophisticated since the days of VIA VP3 Socket 7 (which, BTW, also supported arbitrary DRAM mixing)?
    The ability to run different speeds, sizes, and densities of DRAM isn't just an accidental byproduct of advancing memory controller technology.  It is intentionally being built-in[/i] to the design to accomplish this.

• Can I add more ram than suggested

I need to get some more ram for my imac that apple say I can expand to 16gb. I currently have the standed 4gb.
    In the following article from pcworld i noticed the following (especially the bold)
    All iMacs come standard with 4GB of memory, installed as a pair of 2GB modules. When you order an iMac through the Apple Online Store, you have the option to upgrade the memory to 8GB (a pair of 4GB modules) on all iMac models for $200, or to 16GB (four 4GB modules) on the 27-inch models for $600. The iMac has four memory slots located at the bottom of the iMac that are user-accessible. Since two slots are empty when you buy an standard-configuration iMac, you can easily add more memory. The 21.5 inch iMac has support for up to 16GB of memory; third party companies are offering 32GB memory upgrades for the new 27-inch iMac.
    Does this mean that I can technically go up to 32gb?  Is there a down side to adding more the an 16gb suggested.

Although you can install up to 16 GBs of RAM in both 21 and 27" models, I can not confirm that you can install 32 GBs in the 27" model. You might check OWC to see what they say.

• How can i allocate more RAM for my onboard video card on a 2011 macbook pro 13 inch running windows 7 via bootcamp

I noticed that since Macbooks.. macs in general use an EFI instead of BIOS.  . .. Now i need to allocate some more RAM for the onboard video card since its currently running with an estimated 50mb.. I would like to increase this to 512  and cut the 3.95 down to 3.5 MB for the rest of the system ( allowing me to run more graphic intensive games and the such ... ) I know this could slow down the entire system.. ( i am aware of this ) and have gotten a 3rd party application to control and close out uneeded processes during gaming.. I just need more ram for my onboard video card.. Any help?

You don't allocate more RAM towards your video card, you put more RAM into the machine and hopefully some machines will bump the CPU graphics RAM allocation up a little.
    The problem is you bought a integrated only graphics computer, if you want to 3D game you need a dedicated graphics computer with it's own or dedicated VRAM.
    If your this serious about 3D gaming, your on the wrong platform.
    Get a Windows 7 64bit i7 8GB RAM expandable 3D gaming tower with a good power supply and video card upgrade path, this way every few years you buy and stick in a new video card to play the latest games.
    Mac's are not gaming machines and never will be because they would last too long if we could upgrade them.
    http://www.cbscores.com/index.php?sort=ogl&order=desc

• After Effects CC 12.1 Adding more Ram

Sorry, I've searched for this answer and haven't found anything about AE CC v12 and Ram, plenty on Ram, just not AE CC v12, actually v12.1 now.
    My question, is it better to have fewer slots of Ram with larger sticks, or more slots of ram with smaller sticks ?  Basically I want to add more ram to my system but not sure which of those is better, if any?
    I'm running a HP Z820 w/32 processors (hyperthread of course), nvidia k5000 & 32GB Ram.   I wanted to throw some more Ram into the system, maybe 64GB but wasn't sure it I should just add more to the 16 slots I have available or replace the sticks I have with larger ones ? OR maybe it's a waste of time/money.  The way capitol works here, i use it or lose it and not sure when the bank will be open again if ya know what i mean.
    thanks for any adivce and for answering my Ram question, much appreicated.
    Running windows 7 professional, Adobe Creative Cloud, C4D R15, maya, etc.

Fewer is (slightly) better generally as long as the config is optimized. On a dual CPU Z820, 64GB (8x 8GB ECC reg) is also a good setup along with the 128GB one Eric suggested.
    Also see no problem with just adding another 32GB (8x 4GB) as long as they're matched for type (all registered or unbuffered but not mixed).

• New Processor Or More RAM?

Hi,
    I just wanted to know whether to buy a new processor or some more RAM. I am pretty sure more RAM won't help, seeing as I only have a 400mhz processor. Its just my brother wants to play runescape on it and it won't take it, it's too laggy.
    -Ollie

One trick you may try is to go to the top menu bar in your desktop and pull down: GO > Go to Folder... > and type in /var/vm/. This will take you to a directory and if you see several files with names like swapfile0, swapfile1, etc. , then you need more ram. Judging from your profile, it probably does need max ram as you're talking about running a game. Don't concern yourself too much with clock speed as the ram is of greater impact, in this particular case.
    Good luck

• More RAM or memory needed to run Windows-- AutoCAD 2010 on my mac?

Hi all,
    I have researched for days and have still not been able to find an answer, last time I was here I was thoroughly impressed with the help, so I'm back!
    I have a MacBook 5,1, basic model 2 Ghz, 2GB, 65.7 GB free on my hard drive. I run parallels to use Windows XP to use AutoCAD 2010. I borrowed a friends Mac, a larger "better" model and was instantly jealous at the speed his computer was able to do the same tasks my computer takes when I have Windows/AutoCAD running.
    So my question is.. would more RAM help with the speed and overall function of my computer? Would more memory help? A combo of both? Also where is a reliable place to purchase what I may need? The best (and most cost effective) advice for my computer would be GREATLY appreciated!
    oh, would upgrading to Snow Leopard help as well? I am currently running just Leopard as far as I can tell (10.5.8). Also would this require me to reinstall all programs on my computer?
    Thanks in advance,
    Laura

The short answer to your question is a resounding YES! RAM and memory are the same thing, but having more of that would most definitely improve your performance at almost everything.
    Upgrading to SL may help a little, but not nearly as much as more RAM. I'm not positive, but I think that model maxes out at 4GB, so that should be your goal. If it's 8GB, even better. The more RAM you have, the better things will be with a memory hungry app like AutoCAD.

• More RAM for Final Cut?

Im probably beating a dead horse here so if someone can point me in the right direction, great
    I just installed a gig of RAM and plan on getting another shortly, giving me 4 and half gigs in my g5 powermac. My question is, in order to enjoy the benefits of more RAM, do I need to tell Final Cut Pro to use more of it in the preferences or something? Do I need to make any changes in order to notice the added memory?
    This is my first RAM install that I've done before so I am unsure. Thanks
    Bones

Probably not... but you can assign RAM to FCP in FCP's System Settings found in the FCP menu. There's a tab there labeled "Memory and Cache"... set it to 100%. You'll not be able to use all of the RAM you may have installed, however more RAM allows you to run more than one app at a time without bringing your machine to it's knees...
    Jerry

• Can we add button in query region  along with go and clear

Hi Friends,
    i have a requirement as below steps-
    1)i have developed search pgae by using query regiion
    2) in pgae,first we have search items,go and clear(submit buttons), table region.
    3)here go and clear buttons came automatically.
    4) i can able to add button in front of the page and end of the page.
    4) my requirement is i need to add one more button along with go and clear(here go and clear button are in between search items and table region) .
    5)i am not able to add button along with go and clear.
    Can any one know how to do this--
    Thanks in Advance
    vamshi

Hi Vamshi,
    You can not create extra buttons in Standard Query region.
    Alternatively you can create your custom region for the search and there you can add a button. If you don't need advanced region, you can create the custom region in place of standard one.
    Anoop

• Planning to do MS in computer science at US or Canada are there any universities provide sap certificate or sap course along with masters degree

seen many universities every university offering sap related courses in M.B.A , well i don't want to do it as degree it may be a non degree also along with my main degree sap related course as certificate will be fine to me. so friends can you help me in finding universities which offer sap certification not as part of masters but like online access to tools certification........

Hi Sarat,
    Please try these schools :
    CMU - http://www.cmu.edu/index.shtml
    Kelly School of Business - http://kelley.iu.edu/
    Hasso-Plattner-Institut - Hasso-Plattner-Institut
    All the beast
    Vimal

• Installing more RAM into my Macbok Pro

Hey guys,
    I'm looking to install more RAM (from 2 Gb to 4 Gb) into my MacBook Pro (15.4" Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz) that I bought last September, and I'm strictly a software guy: I know little to nothing about hardware.
    What kind of RAM do I need to install?
    Also, I have the AppleCare protection plan. Will installing more RAM interfere with that at all? Do I need to have a Genius install it for me?
    I've installed a RAM, hard drives, and video cards before so I know I can do it myself if I'm allowed to by the plan.
    Thanks,
    - Keith

Open your computer's User Guide. There's a whole chapter on upgrading memory in which the specifications are explained. If you don't have the manual you can download a PDF version from http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/.
    Installing RAM will not void the warranty unless you cause damage in the process.

• Passing parameters along with portlet publishing url

Hi All
    Any idea if portlet publishing url can take some custom parameters along with the publishing url when using disc api
    Thanks

Hi Muthaiah,
    Is this IView a Web Dynpro IView. If yes then you can easily do this by simply adding a Url parameter to the default inbound plug of the interface Controller of your WD application.
    You can refer to this link: <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/library/webdynpro/inter-application-navigation%20in%20web%20dynpro.pdf">Tutorial 15</a>, <a href="/people/jochen.guertler/blog/2004/11/23/web-dynpro-best-practices-how-to-navigate-between-different-web-dynpro-applications Blog</a>
    Do reward points if it helps.
    Regards
    Sid

• Itunes updated and it deleted all my playlist and half my music along with it. Now if I want to sync my phone it tells me in order to sync it has to delete more stuff off my phone. I would like to get my music and playlists back, how do I do that?

tunes updated and it deleted all my playlist and half my music along with it. Now if I want to sync my phone it tells me in order to sync it has to delete more stuff off my phone. I would like to get my music and playlists back, how do I do that?

Empty/corrupt library after upgrade/crash
    Hopefully it's not been too long since you last upgraded iTunes, in fact if you get an empty/incomplete library immediately after upgrading then with the following steps you shouldn't lose a thing or need to do any further housekeeping. In the Previous iTunes Libraries folder should be a number of dated iTunes Library files. Take the most recent of these and copy it into the iTunes folder. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library (Corrupt).itl and then rename the restored file as iTunes Library.itl. Start iTunes. Should all be good, bar any recent additions to or deletions from your library.
    See iTunes Folder Watch for a tool to catch up with any changes since the backup file was created.
    When you get it all working make a backup!
    Should you be in the unfortunate position where you are no longer able to access your original library, or a backup of it, then see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.
    tt2

Maybe you are looking for

• Use 11g portlet in Oracle Portal or WSRP1 in WebCenter application fails

Hi, I build a portlet as in the example at http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/tech/webcenter/files/owc_r11_portlet_bridge_demo.html and try to consume it from Oracle Portal. This is failing with a connection to the server failed error in the browser.

• Drag and Drop interaction.

I really struggle with setting this up. The Finish button stays inactive. Is the a tutorial for this? Kindly, Jake

• 'The termination occurred in system E03 with error code 403 and for the rea

hello gurus,                  i am very new webdynpro for abap.i strucked in one place at the time of designe a webdynpro component. i created one webdynpro component with one view.when i am going to design the view it is showing an error like . Serv

• As time goes a new software upgrade?

is that in the latest update when you restart stayed in my MacBookPro blue screen, and as the tube was in a hurry to turn off direct power button, and let me know when it snows out an update that I can not download almost anything you ask me the most

• Help me with a program

Hello I hope someone can help me!!!!!!! I have made a program to make math here it is. now it works but i want to change from "Integer" to "double" , but this don't work my compiler says always error can someone help me! when you can please sent me a