Mini dock 433820U for T400

I purchased a ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 mobile (433820U) for my T400 Model 2767-DV2
It won't dock my T400.  I read that that this mini dock does not work with old T400. 
Can anyone confirm this.  Thanks.

You need Advanced Mini Dock (FRU 250410U).
ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3 (including Plus model) are meant for T400s, T410, T410s, T510, W510.

Similar Messages

• Will old mini dock work for Z60m work with new T55

I currently have a IBM Z60m which I purchased with a Advance Mini Dock a few years back. I'm considering purchasing a T500 does anyone know if the old mini dock I have will work with a new T500, The picture looks like the same Mini Dock?

yes it does. 
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• T400 + Advanced Mini Dock + Windows 7 -- Problems

Hi,
    I have some problems with the named combination. When I put my t400 in the docking station sometimes or better most of the time the dock is not recognized or it seems to be not recognized. The external DVI TFT does not turn on. The same problem with the attached USB hub. Sometimes it is recognized and my mouse + keyboard works, sometimes not. Switcheable graphics is always in high performance mode.
    I have no clue what the problem is. Would be please if somebody could help.
    thanks alot!

I am having a similar problem with my T400 and Advanced Mini Dock.  My T400 has integrated graphic, by the way.  I've found that if I plug my computer into the dock while it is running, it does not detect the external DVI monitor.  But if I boot while docked, it does detect and use the external monitor.  It is very strange.

• Advanced Mini Dock Plus - Design Issues

I have purchased the Thinkpad Advanced Mini Dock Plus for my T410 but have a couple of concerns that I wonder if people have experience with:
    - The Vent design appears to be most illogical - the CPU Vent is on the left back/side of the T410.  When in the dock, this is where the solid locating corner is with the power switch.  The clearance is around 5mm on the left intake, although I see the fan does vent through a grill in the dock at the rear.  My fan always runs faster when docked - is there a thermal/airflow issue here?
    - When docked, the laptop leans at around 20 degrees from the horizontal.  Hard drives are actually only within specification when operated at <5 degrees from one of the 3 planes.  I have concerns this design will cause premature drive failure.
    Has anyone used a dock extensively and have feedback with these two items?

Hi warder!
    The T410 uses Series 3 docks. Per the tabook, any of these are compatible:
    ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3 433710U
    ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 433810U
    ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 (Mobile WS) 433820U
    The ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus for Mobile Workstations Series 3 433820U is compatible with the T410 but optimized for the W510.
    The Advanced Mini Dock 250410U is the T400 dock, and not compatible with the T410.
    Which do you have?
    I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!

• T400 DVI Out through Mini Dock

The T400 has no DVI output plug. However with my old A31p which likewise has no DVI-out, I can get DVI from it through its docking station. Is it the same for the T400? When docked to the ThinkPad Advanced Mini Dock, will I be able to get DVI from it?

Unfortunately, according to the Specifications posted at
    http://shop.lenovo.com/ISS_Static/merchandising/US​/PDFs/t400_and_t500_datasheet.pdf
    the T500 has DisplayPort but the T400 does not. So no digital video output from the T400 unless through docking station.
    I would strongly prefer the brighter WXGA+ LED-backlit screen which is only available on the T400 (T500 only has WXGA), AND the DisplayPort that is only available on the T500.
    It seems you can't get both the higer resolution LED and the digital output on the same Txxx series notebook.

• Is docking station compatible for T400 and T520?

Since 2 years I am working on a T400 laptop with a Lenovo ThinkPad Advanced Mini Dock for Z,T & R 60 Series. I am thinking of buying a T520 laptop and would like to know if this docking station is compatible? The shop says it is not, and I have to buy the Minidock Series 3, but I don't know if they are honest. Hope someone has experience with this.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Business_user, welcome to the forum,
    the shop is being honest with you; they are not compatible.  You can check this yourself by downloading a copy of the Options Compatability Matrix from this site.
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

• T400 with mini-dock, trying to use a FP with displayport

Hi,  I have problem with I'm trying to resolve because someone ordered the wrong FP in our dept.  I have a T400 and advanced mini-dock.  and trying to connect to a FP that has displayport.  I've searched and searched for a solution via the web but with no answer.  Has anyone had this issue or know of a solution that wouldn't be very costly?  I know i can connect to the VGA but that is already taken from another PC.  This FP has dual screen option, takes input from 2 pc's.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

get a vga KVM box, this is the cheapest solution to this problem.
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• 2504 Mini-Dock shows Generic USB Hub on T400 with XP. Drivers required.

Hi all,
    When  you hook this Mini-Dock up to a T400, you see a Generic USB Hub pop-up in the USB section of Device Manager on XP SP2 and the Factory Preload.
    There should be drivers for this somewhere but I dont see them even on the factory preload which was done sitting on one of these docks.
    The PCI string is: USB\VID_04B3&PID_4485\5&36CF88F1&0&5
    There are some compaints about USB devices being hooked up to these docks and not working properly and I am pretty sure that installing the proper drivers would probably fix this issue.
    Thanks in advance. 

Excellent, thank you!

• T400 Win 7 Advanced Mini DOck Question

HI,
    I am using a T400 with Win 7 and advanced mini dock.  All was well with Vista but now I can't make my DVI output work.  I have called C/S at least 5 times and now they tell me that the driver is not out yet and I have to wait.  Does anyone lese have any experience with this?
    Also is it recomended to use Presentation DIrector or Win 7 itself.

seattleian wrote:
    HI,
    I am using a T400 with Win 7 and advanced mini dock.  All was well with Vista but now I can't make my DVI output work.  I have called C/S at least 5 times and now they tell me that the driver is not out yet and I have to wait.  Does anyone lese have any experience with this?
    Also is it recomended to use Presentation DIrector or Win 7 itself.
    i thought presentation director is discontinued in win7 (only available for up to windows vista)
    http://lenovoblogs.com/insidethebox/?p=270
    T400s - 2815RW1 + Win7 Ultimate
    Don't pm me for help! That's what the forum is for. Also, Google's nicer than me. Ask him.

• Is there a docking station for ipad mini

Is there a docking station for ipad mini which you listen to music on?
    I have bought a logitec docking station but it has the older bigger charger fitting..!!

Most commercial Docks are still only compatible with the 30 pin connector.
    For newer devices such as the iPAd 4 and mini and the iPhone 5, some manufacturers are putting out a few docks but there are limited.Once such dock is the JBL OnBeat Micro.
    http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/JBL-OnBeat-Micro/JBL%20ONBEAT%20MICRO_ JBL_US?skuId=JBLONBEATMICBLKAM_JBL_US&searchMode=regularProductOnly
    However for the most part, wireless speakers are the way to go for these devices with the new connector.
    Either thrue Airplay or Bluetooth.
    The Best Wireless Speakers For the New iPad
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2395030,00.asp

• Where are the Serial Numbers for T410 and Mini Dock Series 3?

I recently called the support line, and between the young ladies on the phone and me, we couldn't find them anywhere!  There are lots of other numbers, but we couldn't find anything with an SN, S/N etc.  And why (Lenovo engineers, I'm looking at you!) do the numbers have to be in such tiny font and of a color that blends in so well with the color of the computer or device?  There is an entire laptop bottom to use, I'm sure there's enough room to put numbers that can be more easily read  wtihout having to resort to magnifying glasses. 
    At any rate, someone, please tell me where they hid the serial numbers on these two pieces of equipment?
    Also, I apologize for sticking this post in an existing, not-exactly-the-same-topic thread, but I couldn't find any sort of "create new thread" button anywhere.  I also did a search, and while there were posts on how to find the serial numbers on other models, I couldn't find one for the  T410.
    Thanks so much ,in advance.

Using the mini dock series 3 you don't have to undock to remove the computer. So it's not like when using the advanced mini dock where you had to undock before the computer can be removed. That is why you don't have the undock option under the start menu or undock options in easy eject when connected to the mini dock since you don't have to undock.
    If you don't use Access Connections the wireless radio will not be turned off when connected to the network using a cable. If you use Access Connections you should check that a profile have actually been applied and also the settings to allow the radio to be turned off.
    Since you get network access through the docking it sounds like it's working fine. Is the monitor connected to the docking working as well?
    -gan

• Mini Dock for T61

Help,  I have Lenovo T61 6773 and MinI Dock 2504.I can't get the USB ports on the Mini Dock to work.  Trying to get the USB KeyBoard and USB Mouse to work when plugged into the Mini Dock.  Also would like to get the USB Printer to work from the Mini Dock.  I can't get the Ethernet plug in to work.  How do you get them to work? This is the second Mini Dock I have tried.
    Thanks
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Yes Sir
      The power is plugged in and on.  When the key is vertical, a red light (side the #1) on the Mini Dock comes on.  When the key is Horizontal the red light goes out.  Whick position is on and which is off?  All the instructions showed was that it was locked in the Horizontal position.  When I push the silver button just above it the laptop reboots.  What is the silver bar button just under the #1 on the Mini Dock?  I do not have a montor attached.  The green light (arrow) side #2 is on.  I thought that showed that the Laptop was plugged in and should charge the battery.  I found out last night that the battery wont stay charged while plugged into the Mini Dock, but I might have had it turned off at the Mini Dock.  Sorry I'm not up to date on fonicks and I don't understand the pictures as good as I would like to.
      My Goal is to hook up the Mini Dock with a external Mouse, Key Board and Printer (all using USB ports)  That will allow me and my big fat fingures to use the laptop more freely and then I could use one of the three USB ports on the laptop for a USB flash drive while docked.  I reckond the first question is "Can that happen or will that work?"  So far I have not been able to get it to.
    Thanks for the concern and help
    Wayne May

• T400 + Advanced mini-dock: hang on power failure

My T400 hangs if power fails while it is sitting in docking station (adv. mini dock). I have seen such problems with T60 on this forum, but not with T400.
    Does anyone experience similar problem?
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

You can fix this by selecting the following option in the BIOS:
    Config>>Docking Station>>Legacy Devices on Mini-Dock>>Disabled
    Basically, legacy devices (serial, parallel, PS/2) don't like being hot-plugged, which is what happens if you lose power on the dock. By disabling them, you can disconnect the dock without locking up the machine.
    See:
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-69370

• T420 Intel HD 3000 Dual Monitor Mini Dock Issue

I have a T420 with Intel HD 3000 using a Mini Dock, attached to Two external Monitor one VGA and the other one DVI, the problem is that the DVI won't work simultaneously with the VGA, after update the Intel HD driver to the last version available 9.17.10.2843, both monitors works simultaneously, but If I Reboot, Hibernate, Standby or Undock, only the primary monitor (VGA) works and the Extended (DVI) stop working.
    I tried using another video driver version and updating the BIOS but not luck, Does any one know if there is a solution for this issue???

Are you trying to keep the internal display on when you connect to the external monitors? 
    When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.
    My TPs: Twist 2HU: i5-3317U Win 8 Pro, 4GB RAM 250GB Samsung 840 | T420 4177CTO: i5-2520M, HD+, Win 7 Pro x64, 8GB RAM, Optimus, 160GB Intel 320 SSD, Intel 6300 WiFi, BT 3.0 | T400 2764CTO: P8700, WXGA, Win 7 Ult x64, AMD 3470, 8GB RAM, 64GB Samsung SSD, BT, Intel 5300 WiFi | A20m 14.1" PIII 500 (retired). Monitors: 2x Dell U2211h IPS 100% sRGB calibrated w/ Spyder3.

• Unable to use USB ports in Mini docks station type 2504

I have Lenovo T61 laptop and a Mini dock Type 2504... everything works great except the 4 usb port slots in the back of the docking station... I've upgraded my Bios to version 2.26, making sure USB is enable but NO LUCK... anyone else having this issue? I want to use the extra ports

Hi westchesterkat,
    Maybe you'll find this helpful:- http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-65164
    Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
    ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]
    IdeaPad: U350
    Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
    Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a Kudos!
    Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution! 
      Lenovo Deutsche Community     Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
    Visit my YouTube Channel

Maybe you are looking for

• When I plug in my ipod nano 2nd gen, it doesnt connect it to my itunes.

When I plug in my ipod into my itunes, it only charges and doesnt connect to itunes when i try to update some songs. whats happenin?

• Printing broken for HP LJ1150 over Lan

All of sudden today I cannot print to my LaserJet 1150, although all other Win boxes can. The printer is connected via USB to a MacMini and shared over Lan. It's rather embarrassing. When I attempt to print from say Safari, I get a dialog that says "

• Sorting While maintaining data through SM30

Hi Techies, I have developed a z-table with key fields a,b & c. Now when I am entering data through SM30, C(Char field) field is getting sorted after saving. My requirement is to store the data in table without any sorting. Actually this field C has

• I have lost all my contacts. Can't restore from Gmail.

So, I recently got an iPhone. I transferred contacts from my android phone using a CardDav. A while later I downloaded Cleandupes, an app to get rid of those pesky duplicates. It trimmed my contacts from 1600 to 600 contacts. Great! I deleted the app

• IDCS2 Screen Redraw issues

We're having screen redraw issues when panning and zooming pages. Getting screen anomolies and jittery display performance. It only happens when using InDesign, no other apps exhibit similar issues. PC specs are: WinXP Prop SP2 Dell Optiplex GX620, 2