Minor issue with keyboard Backlight T530

Keyboard backlight works fine on all three settings, however if I close the computer screen and open it back up the backlight/thinklight remains off. As in, the keyboard backlight/thinklight mode isn't saved and restored when closing and opening the computer lid

Hi there ocm,
This is normal behavior for the keyboard backlight/thinklight. I do not believe there is a way to change it from happening, it behaves this way on a few Thinkpads that I tried this morning.
Ed
Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.

Similar Messages

• Minor Issue with Keyboard Config in Gnome

A few days ago, the numeric keypad changed the dot(.) for a comma(,) and since then, I have not been able to restore its original value.
    Affects only when I log into gnome (3.6.2), not when using a tty.
    (CTRL+ALT+F2)
    Any suggestions to fix this issue?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by JohnnyDeacon (2013-01-08 19:18:22)

Any ideas?? I'm searching but I have not found anything useful. . .

• Buggy issues with keyboard buttons.

Getting constant issues with keyboard keys in Photoshop. Delete key does not delete layer, Fill layer (Option Delete) only works when I change tools. And it does this intermittently. It's very annoying!
    Anyone else have these issues? These are just some of the issues that pop up.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:
    Note that this is boilerplate text.
    If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,
    such as your platform (Mac or Win),
    exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,
    your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance
    the type of file you were working on,
    machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,
    what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,
    what error message(s) you receive,
    if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,
    if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.
    etc.,
    someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster).
    a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.
    Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0
    Thanks!

• Three minor issues with CSDK documentation

Three very minor issues with the CSDK documentation:
    1. The JavaDoc documentation for the Session class at
    http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B13866_01/calendar.904/b10973/toc.htm
    describes the getHandle() method as:
    "Handle getHandle(int in_flags, java.lang.String in_user)
    Java interface to CSDK_SetIdentity"
    This looks like a cut-and-paste typo, and should
    instead be "Java interface to CSDK_GetHandle".
    2. When the Api.CSDK_FLAG_STORE_INVITE_SELF flag is not included
    in the "in_flags" parameter in the call to Session.storeEvents()
    in the Java CSDK, and no attendees are otherwise specified in
    the iCalendar string passed to that method, that method returns
    the status code 'CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOATTENDEES'.
    This behavior is consistent with the description of the C toolkit's
    equivalent function, CSDK_storeEvents().
    However, the 'CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOATTENDEES' status code
    does not appear to be documented in Chapter 6, Calendar SDK Status
    Codes, of the Oracle Calendar Application Developers Guide.
    3) In Chapter 3, the Calendar SDK Function Reference, of the
    Oracle Calendar Application Developers Guide, there are
    listings for the equivalent method(s) in the Java toolkit for each
    of the C toolkit functions.
    At least one description of a C toolkit function call is missing
    its listing of its Java-equivalent method (or in the case of this,
    function, a description of why there is no equivalent method):
    CSDK_CreateMemoryStream().

A follow-up to this long-ago thread:
    in addition to the "CAPI_STAT_DATA_ICAL_NOATTENDEES"
    status code, at least two other status codes occur in
    ctapi.h but are not mentioned in the Developers Guide:
    CAPI_STAT_CONFIG_CANNOT_OPEN
    CAPI_STAT_SECUR_CANTBOOKATTENDEE
    I haven't done a systematic comparison, but these are
    three errors that we've encountered in our testing,
    so we've noticed that these are missing from the Guide.

• Minor issues with CreditRating tutorial

Just in case someone else encounters these problems with the CreditRating tutorial in the Quick Start for BPEL:
    The Eclipse wizard doesn't seem to be able to add the home="${orabpelHome}" attribute to the bpelc task in the build.xml. In my case it's C:/Apps/OraBPELPM_1/integration/orabpel.
    I had to manually change the WSDL in the orabpel\domains\default\tmp\.bpel_CACreditFlow_1.0.jar\ directory. There must be some way to get the deploy tool to set $SERVER-URL$=http://yourserver:9700, but I don't see the way. This needed to be set in the schemaLocation attribute for the ws-addressing.xsd file.
    The generated build.xml refers to a "BPEL Programming" guide... but I haven't found it. That's annoying.
    There are a couple of other minor issues with the tutorial, but this got it working for me.
    Chris

Hi Christopher,
    Thanks for the Post.
    Just a few Questions on the version on which you faced this issue.
    1. The Version of the BPEL Server.(Is it 10.1.2 or 2.1.2)
    2. Have you applied the patch on the install if its 10.1.2?
    3. What Designer you are using? (JDev or Eclipse)(I presume Eclipse)
    4. Are you facing the same issue if you use the JDev Designer? or the obant on the Developer prompt?
    Regards,
    Dhaval

• Hi, I had recently purchased ipad3 and but obviously have been having issues with heating up and some minor issues with video playback etc. Apple has agreed to replace my device. I need help in deciding whether i should get a new ipad3 or opt for ipad2.

Hi, I had recently purchased ipad3 and but obviously have been having issues with heating up and some minor issues with video playback etc. Apple has agreed to replace my device. I need help in deciding whether i should get a new ipad3 or opt for ipad2. Seller is willing to replace it with ipad2 as well..
    Have also heard that the ipad3 revamped version is around along with the mini pad rumor..too much information - lot's of confusion pls help

Lindsay,
    Your iBookG4 is still a pretty awesome Mac. Like already said, it has the power to run Leopard, but it depends if you have an internal DVD drive.
    Then I suppose you have to add up the cost of the OS, perhaps another 512MB RAM, iLife 08 and replacements for any favourite apps that you currently use (Leopard breaks a lot of stuff, but Intel breaks even more). Compare it to the cost of a new MacBook, which wil have all of that included and be 3-4x faster too.
    It also depends on what you want to achieve with your iBook. My PMG4 still cuts it today, I still use it in preference to my new Mac Pro, It's about the same age as your iBook, and I'll only stop using it when it becomes "painfully" slow. My 1 year old son currently uses the Mac Pro (parts for a Mac Pro are easier to replace than those for a PMG4).
    I think your choice is simple, if you can a cheap copy of Tiger, use that, it'll get your iPod Touch up and running. It came in DVD and 4 CD version (by request).
    Leopard will work for you too but a lot of the best eye-candy requires quite a meaty graphics card and you may need a RAM upgrade and replacement software - OS9 Classic is not supported in Leopard.

• Unibody Macbook display issue and keyboard backlight issues while booting

I have a 13" aluminum macbook which has been having some issues when booting up. The machine seems to be booting just fine all the way up to the log in screen. The display is normal and everything seems fine. After I log in, the various pieces of the screen start to display (desktop icons, menu bar, etc) and my wallpaper is visible. After a few seconds, the display seems to degrade and the wallpaper image is visible but distorted. It is almost as if the machine is in some sort of safe mode (pardon the windows reference).
    Normally, I have my macbook connected to an external display and external mouse/keyboard. After a reboot, this issue occurs. If I put the macbook in sleep mode, and then wake it by clicking the external mouse, the display reappears normally and everything is fine.
    The problem is when I am NOT connected to these external devices. The screen stays distorted (like it has lost its full color range) and there are other issues. The keyboard backlight seems to be disables and highlighting text does not work normally. I have tried rebooting, removing the battery and rebooting, resetting the SMC, removing recent applications (chrome, quicklook, etc.). Has anyone heard of or experienced this behavior?
    Thanks.

Have you called Applecare? If you sent the machine in and it came back with a cracked case, that seems like an Apple repair to me.
    As for the display issue - I think I would accept it and move on. Unfortunately, with these ever-higher resolution displays, we have more dead pixels. Since no one would pay $3000 for a display with 100% no dead pixel guarantee, Apple has to alot for a few dead pixels being acceptable inorder to keep prices reasonable.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=22194
    Check with other vendors, this is common practice with LCDs (even HDTVs).
    I know it isn't great to hear this, but it is what it is.
    iMac G5, MacBook   Mac OS X (10.4.7)  

• Issue with Keyboard Special Characters in HP Pavilion DV6-3004TU

I am using a HP Pavilion DV6-3004TU notebook. I just had my Windows 7 Professional installed. When I @ using Shift + 2 it displays " (quotation marks). It is vice-versa as well, ie., when I type " using Shift ' it displays @ symbol. I as well have issue with typing the hash symbol. When I type Shift 3 it displays £ instead of hash symbol. This is a brand new laptop and I am using an external USB keyboard as well for my convenience. This problem is encountered in both keyboards (notebook keyboard and external keyboard) as well. What do I do now? It has become a literal mess with characters making it difficult most of the times. Kindly help
    This question was solved.
    View Solution.

That looks like keyboard layout issue...Looks like your keyboard is set to UK english...to check that...
    To check that, Click Start, type intl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. On the Keyboards and Language tab, click Change keyboards.
    You should see 2 entries English (united States) and English (United Kingdom). If true, delete English (United Kingdom). That should take care of it...
    Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
    Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
    Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"

• Problem with Keyboard Backlight

Ok the keyboard backlight starts to turn on and off when it is in use, but the problem stops when i have it very low (1 or 2 niches) or a least it isn't noticeable. Has anyone had this problem?
    Also when the keyboard starts to turn on and off the screen brightness also starts to change.
    Any feedback is appreciated. The laptop is only one day old

Yes i have tried with th ambient light adjuster on and off, but the backlight keep going wild when they turn on. My fear is that with time it will completely stop working or it affects the screen in some way.
    I have noticed that the screen is really bright, can this affect the sensor for the backlight on the keyboard?

• Minor issues with a first time Arch Install

FInally installed Arch and now facng minor issues:
    I've installed GNOME {wanted to install KDE but that thing required 1 GB install and 2GB disksapce so went with GNOME.}
    I've added
    dbus
    to
    /etc/rc.conf
    and also added
    exec ck-launch-session gnome-session
    on the initrc file on the non root login I'd created but the darned GNOME doesn't start up at boot time.
    I have to log in with the user id and then type :
    xinit gnome-session
    each time to get GNOME working.
    Can't fiigure out the thing that I'm missing out on! Also how to setup/configure AUR? I don't seem to be able to get that thing on the Beginners Guide chalked out!
    Please help.

I'll modify the /etc/rc.conf to make the net as a background process.
    but I'm also facing another small hurdle.
    I wanted to install MPlayer . After resolving some dependencies, I get a message saying the total download size is 8MB. When I type 'Y' to continue install, it proceeds for a while and then displays a message saying some of the files are not available.
    After a little while, when I try to install it again, I get the same message. Can you guys please help me out!
    [root@arch ashwin]# pacman -S mplayer
    resolving dependencies...
    looking for inter-conflicts...
    Targets (20): libmng-1.0.10-3 talloc-2.0.5-1 cifs-utils-4.9-3 smbclient-3.5.8-3 gpm-1.20.6-6 aalib-1.4rc5-8 giflib-4.1.6-4
    imlib2-1.4.4-1 libcaca-0.99.beta17-1 libmp4v2-1.9.1-1 faac-1.28-2 libftdi-0.18-2 libirman-0.4.5-2
    lirc-utils-1:0.9.0-2 recode-3.6-6 enca-1.13-1 libdca-0.0.5-2 a52dec-0.7.4-5 fribidi-0.19.2-1 mplayer-33159-1
    Total Download Size: 0.04 MB
    Total Installed Size: 106.70 MB
    Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
    :: Retrieving packages from extra...
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.163.com : Not Found
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.limun.org : Not Found
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in : Not Found
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.cbn.net.id : Connection timed out
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.unej.ac.id : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp : Not Found
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.svk.su : No address record
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.tku.edu.tw : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.cs.vt.edu : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.cs.vt.edu : Not Found
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.easynews.com : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from mirrors.gigenet.com : Not Found
    error: failed retrieving file 'libftdi-0.18-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu : File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
    warning: failed to retrieve some files from extra
    error: failed to commit transaction (File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access))
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

• X240 touch pad issue and keyboard backlight

Hello all,
    After last touchpad updates (Synaptics UltraNav Driver 7/8/8.1 ver. 18.0.7.57) my track point died (red dot middle of letters GBH) and I could select which parts of my touchpad/trackpoint I want to use. Because I have a mouse I usually dont use touchpad and if I'm on the road and I dont have mouse with me I use track point. I want to turn of touchpad because its really annoying to type anything cos my hand touched the pad and mouse makes mistake clicks. Now, If I want to disable my touch pad I need to make it from BIOS and still.. I cannot activate my trackpoint.
    Another think that I also realize that my keyboard backlight is also dead no matter how much i tried to press fn+space nothing happened.
    Did anyone else noticed this type of problems?

I had a few problems with the new update as well. I unistalled the driver and downgraded to the version before (16.2.19.14) and everything is back to normal. 

• Problems with keyboard backlight light on my macbook pro retina 2012

Is it a malfunction if it flickers off? Is there some kind of sensor in it sensitive to daylight?

" I've never had this problem on any of my other macbook's."
    Well it's been an issue with MacBooks of all flavors and goes all the way back to the iBook G3s. Those were plastic screens so it was worse. I've also seen it on PC laptops.
    I'd say thanks for the star but you gave it to yourself .

• Minor issue with open parameters upon initial PDF load

Hello, everyone.
    I am experiencing an odd issue with using open parameters to view a PDF in a browser window.
    We are using ColdFusion Server 9.0.1 (soon to upgrade to 10) and the Solr Collection Server that is bundled with it.  The server is updating the collections on a daily basis via Scheduled Tasks.
    When a user (okay.. it's me.. still in testing mode) uses the form to search the collection of PDFs for a specific keyword (let's use "petroleum"), the collections indicate that there are about 31 PDF files that contain the word "petroleum".  Most of them (when opened via "http://domain.com/pdf_file_a.pdf#search="petroleum"&zoom=100") will highlight the word "petroleum" in the document, every time.
    However, there are some PDFs that when opened will indicate that there are ZERO instances of "petroleum" in the document.  But if you refresh the browser, it suddenly finds three instances that it didn't see the first time.
    Is this a bug?  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Is there a fix or work-around for it?
    Thank you,
    ^_^

Anyone?

• How many have had only minor issues with ML?

Since most of these threads are for relatively negative things and upgrade disasters, just curious how many folk's upgrades were smooth? Other than iPhoto stop working and needed to be reinstalled and updated I went from Snow Leopard to Mountian Lion painlessly. The bootup/login seeme somewhat slower but not by much. This was on a 2010 MBP.

wb3jma wrote:
    Since most of these threads are for relatively negative things and upgrade disasters, just curious how many folk's upgrades were smooth? Other than iPhoto stop working and needed to be reinstalled and updated I went from Snow Leopard to Mountian Lion painlessly. The bootup/login seeme somewhat slower but not by much. This was on a 2010 MBP.
    Allan's comments about sum it up. Pick any technical forum and you will see a familiar pattern and range of experiences. Generally, people do not like to read, change their behavior, or admit mistakes.
    I have had no issues with full or upgrade installs from 10.6.0 through 10.8.1, across multiple devices. My Mountain Lion implementation just works, without any of the issues enumerated on this forum. I also run two different Linux guests and a Windows 7 guest via VirtualBox. These operating system environments run problem free too.

• GT60 issue with keyboard manager software after Windows Update

After a recent Windows update, I've started to get an annoying pop-up when I boot my GT60-0NE. The box says: "Microstar SCM service is stopped!!!"  I then have to click OK and immediately get a UAC pop-up asking for permission to run Msiservice.exe which I also have to approve. Finally after clicking OK twice my keyboard will light up. This is Windows 7 64-bit running S-Bar 2.0 (Ver 4.5) and Keyboard LED Manager v1.0.1112.1901
    Anyone else seeing this? Could it possibly be related to IE10? I tried disabling UAC but that only got rid of the second pop-up. Still got the SCM service stopped error. Thing is, when you check services it is in fact running not stopped.
    Edit: Uninstalled IE10 and the problem went away. If anyone from MSI reads this please take note that either S-Bar and/or KLM have issues running on Windows 7 systems with IE10 installed.

Quote from: Svet on 03-April-13, 20:19:50
    you can report this to msi at >>How to contact MSI.<<
    Thanks. Did that last night. They said they would inform their software team.

Maybe you are looking for