MSI StarForce FX5200-VT128

Well, before starting, let me say that I only have a few hairs left on my head, I pulled them all out in the last 36 hours. I'm all out of options and you seem my last hope.
-- skip if you don't want details --
  You see, I got this card, with a box that said "FX5200 VT-128". Box looked nice, it had an embeded tuner that wasn't ATI (I thew it out the window, it it responsible for me wearing a wigg), remote control (RF), and a rather new nVIDIA FX chipset that I heard good things about. Besides, I know nVIDIA drivers to be a one-click install and work flawlessly (at least they did so far)
  So I got this card into my W2k SP4 box, DX8.1, installed the nVIDIA CD, personal cinema setup. Then the drivers from the MSI disk. Rebooted, and the option to install video capture drivers appeared. Did so and Intervideo WinDVR was displaying TV, stereo sound and all. Yey! Remote controlled TV.
  Then the storm came. I got this CATV modem and the installation died at some point. New W2k, SP4, fresh install. Installed the software, drivers, got a BSOD. Mrrr. Went on and installed the web version of the drivers. No dice. Upgraded to DX9. Nope. And so on and so forth, I've been up 36 hours now and I'm turning a redish tint.
  IT DOES NOT WORK ANY MORE!
-- end of skip --
  It worked before. Nothing changed. Same card, same TV, same software, same OS. Tried 3 versions of drivers, all work fine on the video card, but TV tuner does not work, as follows:
  44.02 (on CD) - Remote control does not work (There is an FAQ on the site about this, says upgrade driver but link is broken, needs "&kind=10" at the end). WinDVR hangs, so do all other WDM tuners.
  53.04 (the one in the FAQ) - remote control still dies, as opposed to the FAQ. WinDVR hangs
  56.64 - bad - remote control dies(against what MSI says), windvr does not tune
  I currently have v44.02 on video card with capture drivers v2.2, still does not tune. By this I mean that TV apps start, display window that is actually TV, except that it's some kind of start-of-band (distorted, mis-tuned TV station, probably beginning of VHF-L). If I try to autoscan, tune to something, change input, switch pal/secam/ntsc, NOTHING HAPPENS. It's as if the driver got read-only. WinDVR either crashes or scans at about 8 channels/second (used to do around one/s)
  You might want to know what else do I want except complaining
  Well, please, PLEASE, if anyone has Windows 2000 SP4 and this card (that lists as Personal Cinema FX 5200, as opposed to the box, that states FX5200-VT128), tell me what configuration you have.
  Tell me what DX version, what video card driver version (Device manager>Display Adapters > Properties > Driver) and what Capture Drivers you own (check the same for nVIDIA WDM Tuner). And patches, order of install, anything I haven't tried.
  I have GIGS of software to put in this installation and I can't start if I need a fresh install.
  Also, as a bottom note, I read most of the forum, sticky posts, googled, nothing shows. I'm a system admin and a coder, in a word, a professional, so don't waste time on details if you don't feel like it. Just point me in the right direction.
W2k Pro SP4
DX9.0
Personal Cinema FX5200 (VT128)
512 RAM
Intel 2.8G HT (HT disabled) - It worked with HT enabled, too.
Intel PERL 68something mobo

La mine merge, dar merge ca dracu! (ma refer la tuner, ca restul merge, mai putin telecomanda pentru ca mi-au vandut placa cu IR Receiver si Telecomanda RF, basca un un disc cu soft schimbat!!    )
  NVARemote fails at software level, but the hardware works (so what?). It is a known bug that NVRemote does not work with 44.03 drivers. Well now it's known that it does not work with others either.
tunerul merge dar prinde de cate 2-3 ori acelasi post, dintre care numai o data acceptabil (dar asta s-ar putea sa fie si problema cablului),
  Hint: visit Germany - cable, Romania is poorly configured (if you read help, only Romania and China use PAL_D, which is outrageous)
captura de pe camera video merge dar in timp ce inregistrez ceva "crapa" softul cu mesaj windows de eroare!.
  Mine worked, it worked just fine... I swear it worked with 44.03 and capture. But now I have too many attempts at the river and MSI install disk no longer shows the option to install capture drivers.
  By the way, installing WDM Tuner (NVTUNEP.SYS) reboots my NT5. HInts?
Tocmai sunt in sapaturi. Te tin la curent. Daca afli ceva da-mi si mie un mail, te rog!
  O sa o fac. Am postat in engleza, poate mai citeste cineva. Eu am mail Ndi at Ndi punct ro.

Similar Messages

• Unable to capture video with MSI StarForce 822 GeForce 3!

I have a MSI StarForce 822 GeForce3 graphics card with 64 MB DDR SDRAM on it. I have VGA Out, as well as TV-out (AV), TV-out (S-video), and TV-in(?) (S-video).
    This brings me to two questions:
    First, I have NEVER been able to figure out how to use the TV-in (S-video) port. I have tried numerous programs designed to capture video, including the one that came with the graphics card, and none of them recognize the card's TV-in. Do you have any recommendations as to how to use this port to capture video?
    Second, in reading through the online manual for the graphics card on the company's website (under the name G3 Pro-VT64D MS-8822), I saw that the card supposedly has the capability of "High-quality HDTV/DVD playback" (8822 v2.0.pdf, page 8 ). However, in playing back DVD's through the card's s-video output onto my HDTV-ready monitor, I definately do not see HD quality videos. Could explain why this is the case?
    I have an assignment coming up where I must do some video-editing work, and thus I am posed with a situation where I need to capture video using this card (and I can't afford to buy something new for the moment).
    Thanks for your help.
    Charles Bergmeier

If you have the Video Capture Driver installed then the video capture program should see it. On MSI site version 1.16 of the driver is available for download.
    If you still have problems (e.g. too many frames lost) you can try using Virtual VCR (worked best in my case).

• Video capture Cables with MSI StarForce 822 GeForce 3!

I have the VT64D and I woiuld very much like to know where to find the cables for this card, I need the A/V Cables... as I would like to have the full benefit of sound as well...
    If anybody has this calbe/breakout box I would be Extremely interested in purchasing it...
    Thanks,
    Marc
    PS: Its the second revision of Starforce 8822

If you have the Video Capture Driver installed then the video capture program should see it. On MSI site version 1.16 of the driver is available for download.
    If you still have problems (e.g. too many frames lost) you can try using Virtual VCR (worked best in my case).

• MSI Personal Cinema FX5200 TV-OUT problem (overscan?)

Hello!
    I have a very annoying problem with my MSI Personal Cinema FX5200 graphics adapter / tv-card combo. I use it as a HTPC, record tv, play music and watch dvd and digital video. I use bsplayer to view digital video and it works fine.
    But when I try to watch dvd's in full screen with my 16:9 32" Sony, I think the card overscans the image and big partitions from upper & lower screen are not displayed. This is especially annoyting, because I use subtitles. The lower line of the subtitles is 2/3 hidden when I view dvd in full screen on the tv, and I believe this is because the overscan "zooms" the view over-screen.
    As said this problem does not exists with digital video (mpeg, avi or what ever), only with dvd-disks. I have tried three different dvd-player softwares, so the problem is not with the software. I have tried WinDVD, PowerDVD etc. The problems persists.
    I can negate the problem by useing two displays, entering the screen settings in TFT desktop and using the - button to zoom the tv image into smaller - but you can imaginate this is very annoying. Even when I save the setting, it resets when I start viewing a new dvd and I have to zoom it again to fit into the viewable area of the television. When I am using the TV as single display I cannot even do this - because the "overscan" problem happens only when playing full-screen dvd (not on desktop or any other full-screen image).

MSI finally replied to my questions regarding this problem. Without answering the question directly here is what they have to say:
    Thank you for contacting MSI Technical Support.
    There is no need to install nvidia standard VGA driver (eg . 56.64 or 53.03) . Therefore, please try to reinstall OS, for Personal Cinema FX5200-VT128 driver, please refer to http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/dr...ail.php?UID=459 for driver and patch and capture driver.
    Thank you for supporting MSI product. Please feel free to let us know if you still have any further issues or inquiries.
    Best regards,
    MSI Technical Support
    I'd already reinstalled my OS (WinXP Home sp1) and then reintalled Personal Cinema v2.25 from the MSI disc and the display driver from the second disc I got with the card, v45.33. This seems to have solved the problem for me. Not so far removed from what MSI are suggesting, so it seems that whichever way you go, you must reinstall your OS. That ain't so bad. It's reinstalling everything else which takes the time.
    Good luck to you all.

• FX5200 no valid capture...have drivers...where to intall?

FX5200  VT128
    "No valid WDM video capture devices were found"
    "One or more expected drivers were not found"
    I re-installed this product into my computer. (what I thought to be junk PC...)
    I had some issues with this PC about 7 mo. ago. When asked for help from computer store they told me the PC "probably" had a bad motherboard.  ...So you might want to  buy a new PC.  So I did,  and I love it.
    But my other PC was a pretty good PC as it was, so I just stored it in a closet this whole time.  I finally hauled it out again to see if it really was the motherboard ....and found out it just needed a new power supply!!
    Just installed the new power supply and it runs like NEW!!!  so excited!!
    So, anyway I decided to place my FX5200 video card (with personal cinema) back into the slot and begin again to record cartoons for my grandkiddies.
    Here is the problem...I used the CD to re-install this item and after doing so I was not sure that 7 mo. ago I had even un-installed this video card.  ....stupid stupid,...should of checked first...now possible problems??
    "No valid WDM video capture devices were found"
    "One or more expected drivers were not found"
    Using DriverGuide toolkit ...Ihave all the drivers buthave no idea were they have to be returned to.
    Any help would be AWESOME!!!
    Granny

Quote from: chacherry3 on 08-November-06, 09:32:43
    Awesome that worked THANKS!!!!!
    But I did some testing...from titanTV.com I asked it to add a program to record.
    It recorded fine,..but when done the screen went black and could not change channel ...and soon it was "not responding" ..is there a fix for that?
    Thanks in advance.
    Granny
    well you can try with other similar software to record it, or to try alternative capture drivers.
    you are welcome mate. , but better stuck at current worked position and ignore this failure.
    you can install Personal cinema patch too can help with that issue: http://download.msi.com.tw/support/dvr_exe/mut_dvr/PersonalCinema225Patch.exe
    Ensure 2.25 CD is into your CD drive and then execute PersonalCinema225Patch.exe

• FX5200 slowdown in games

Everything seems to be going OK then I get one game (Midnight Club 2) which causes no end of problems.  In the game, the graphics pulse (slow down, then speed up) and becomes unplayable.  Whenever smoke or flame effects turn up it goes down to a crawl.  Hey, I want to play a game not watch a series of screenshots.  At this rate my old banging 3Ti would have been better...
    Specs:
    MSI KT4V-L Mobo
    2400+XP processor
    MSI Geforce FX5200-TD
    1x120GB 1x80GB 1x40GB Hard Drives
    1xRelicsys 16x DVD ROM
    SB Live Value
    Windows XP Professional SP1
    Hauppage WinTV Card
    512MB DDR 2100 RAM
    550W PSU
    IRQs
    0 System Timer
    1 Keyboard
    6 Standard floppy disk controller
    8 Standard CMOS/Real time clock
    9 Micorsoft ACPI Compliant System
    12 PS/2 Compatible mouse
    13 Numeric data processor
    14 Primary IDE Channel
    15 Secondary IDE Channel
    16 MSI MS-Starforce GeForce FX 5200 (Nvidia GeForce FX 5200)
    17 Hauppage WinTV 848/9 WDM Driver
    18 Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
    21 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller
    21 VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller
    21 VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
    23 VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adaptor
    Using the latest official MSI drivers 44.03 and latest mobo drivers, latest WinTV drivers, SBlive drivers.
    I've tried using the MSI Clock utility to overclock and no improvement.  It's now running at the default settings.
    Are there any settings in the BIOS which may be required to improve performance?  Is there any possibility that upping the AGP voltage may help?
    And why does the Driver Cleaner link send me to a religious page.  I know that most people often need god's help with GFX cards but surely He's not giving tech support on them now?

As far as most games go it's fine.  It's just on MC2 with all the details turned down it seems to rollercoaster for no reason.  It can happen with the minimal amount of stuff on the screen.  I could understand if this happened on other games (with the details to the max) but it doesn't.
    As for it being a "low end" card it means that I have been mis-represented by MSI themselves.  "Power and performance, the two elements every gamer craves, are the heart and soul of the GeForce FX" it says on the box.  If this is the case and it won't even RUN a game that came out a MONTH after the card then will MSI be refunding me my money??  I doubt that any MSI emplyee reads this so they probably won't answer.  If this is the case, it means that I have a lump of PCB with a few components on it that won't even be any use in two months.  Betcha the software supplier won't refund my money either.  Everybody shaking their heads and saying it's not their fault.  Hell hath no fury like a OneEye sold dodgy equipment.  Watch yer inbox MSI....

• Fx5200 ddr128 problem

hi everyone my problem is "screen refreshing",my screen vanished and coming:) ,  when click right a video it is occuring
    my system:
    asusp4p800-x
    on motherboard i am using sata hdd note:when i sata off didn't solve
    ddr400-512MB-RAM
    fx5200 msi starforce geforce my driver version NVIDIA v9147 (MSI Version) and many drivers i tried.
    could you help me please these days i am in financial problem:)  i dont wanna money to waste

hi there, welcome to forum.
    get Driver Cleaner(http://www.drivercleaner.net/download.php?site=2&file=DCProSetup_15.zip) and complete remove your currently VGA drivers.
    then get and use those (77.77 Nvidia official, for your VGA) ---> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.77.html
    and install it.
    Ensure mainboard chipset drivers is installed before proceed with VGA driver installation.
    also give more details about your system, including PSU specification, read here---> Moan Guide
    if problem persist, give more details about your "screen refreshing" problem. (screenshout, or more detailed explanation when and where that is happend).

• Dual monitor failure! (FX5200)

Well, 2 days ago I connected a second CRT monitor to my MSI NVidia FX5200 VTD128 card via the addapter given with the card.
    It was working ok, though the refresh rates were noticeably slower on both monitors when both monitors were active.
    Then I started getting little flickers, even though there was nothing going on, which was a little strange...but I figured it was ok.
    So I was working with powerpoint, Macromedia Flash MX, Windows Media Player, etc. and I started having some problems, especially with Powerpoint. I'll use powerpoint to explain what happened: While previewing my presentation the 2nd (older) monitor was where the presentation was being displayed. It usually didn't take long for the screen to flicker a bit, and change the vertical and horizontal size of the display, to something that was just not right. I could reset it back to the orizinal resolution or v/h sync by going into settings and changing the resolution.
    Well, then it happened again, but this time the entire image was lost! Now I can not get an image to that monitor while in windows...works during startup though. Please help.

Sorry,  I really had to leave earlier.
    I got the two monitors to work together again, but this time there were some limitations, and it eventually led to the same end as before.
    As far as I can tell it is a windows problem or a video card problem, not a power supply or motherboard issue. I should have said that earlier. I believe it to be a video card problem, which is leading to a windows problem.
    So as I said I have the FX5200 VTD128 card, running on a 4x AGP slot with NVidia drivers (not MSI drivers as these do not work on my system). My case temperature is fairly constant at approx. 81 F, and I don't know the temp of the video card.
    The first time I had a problem I was using the DualView option, where both monitors are separate pretty much. After a few hours of working nicely the monitor started having so problems...it would blink an come back with a picture that was very narrow and extremely tall (both more than what could be fixed with the monitor controls). Also the colour was dull and dark. Eventually after fixing this problem a few times by changing the resolution to reset the monitor, the computer crashed. When I restarted windows the second monitor remained black while in windows (though I still see all the start up stuff on it).
    So today since I couldn't get the Dual View option to work I used the option that spreads the image over both monitors. Exact same thing happened a few hours after use.
    Since I had restarted my computer over this period of time, I am pretty sure it is not a memory thing. I'm guessing it is a heat thing. I have a feeling the fan on the video card is not working like it is supposed to without the MSI drivers. If this is the case, MSI should be responsible for informing buyers about this problem.
    Since I was using different programs both times, I'm pretty sure it is not related to what programs were running. And since the monitor was working no problem earlier, I don't think it has anything to do with the hardware in my computer, though I tried to provide some info earlier...though I do believe there was enough info there for a somewhat educated guess as to what my problem could have been.
    I have a feeling this will have to go to MSI support to get any type of answer, but hopefully someone else has a good idea as to what it is and what can be done about it.
    Thanks
    PS.
    Richard, I believe the 4 wheels would be the equivelent of me saying I had a video card....the h/v sync thing would be like saying the car is making a specific noise. Welcome to the life of a mechanic. I appreciate help, but please refrain from the sarcasm.

• Problems with GeForce FX5200

Hello guys,
    I bought a MSI GeForce FX5200 TD-128 last year. It's working well, but I can't update its driver, that's why I'm using the driver that comes in the CD with the video card.
    I bought Half-Life 2 yeasterday, and the game recommends me to update the video driver in order to have the best graphic quality, but when I install the most up to date driver, the image becomes the worst of all...
    I've tried to update the DirectX aswell, but it didn't work...
    Now I'm using the DirectX 9.0C
    Can someone help me??
    Thanks !!

Originally posted by Kafkacell
    What version of the drivers are you using?
     Did you uninstalled completely the old drivers? Are you using MSI dirvers or nvidia drivers? remenber this: the latest driver are recommended mostly for the geforce 6 series. So i recommend you to download this version: 61.77 those are very stable and you get a good image quality, becasue if you install the latest drivers you could see a very good image but for the sake of performance, and also you could try installing several drivers and check them and stay with the one that you liked most.  And remember also that each vid card it's unique! you can't compare them even if they are identical.
    are doing overclocking? did you installed the chipset drivers before to reinstall the vid card drivers?

• FX5200 T128 and DVI Port :(

Dear Friends
    I have a MSI GeForce FX5200 T128 (128MB) VGA card.
    It has only D-Sub Port(DB 15-Pin) and a S-Video port and DO NOT HAVE A DVI Port :(
    But in the manual its written that
    "Support for dual-link DVI for compatibility with next-generation flat
    panel displays with resolutions greater than 1600x1200 without
    the need for reduced blanking"
    So, now I'm planning to buy a new LCD/TFT monitor, to take advantage of digital picture through DVI input without converting from Digital->Analog->Digital. SO that I'll not loose any quality.
    So Is it possible with my card ?
    I think its not possible as it does not ve a DVI port.
    Very bad product .................

Thank you all for your support.
    But, it has been writen in the FX5200 T128 section/features.
    So I thought .......
    Anyway seems I ve done a bad investment  Any exchange offer from MSI for Asian customers  in future 

• HELP!!! PLZ Geforce FX5200

I have a Geforce FX5200 and when i play any game it shuts down the computer ,like loss of power ,i have tryed everything and i have updated DirectX,Graphice Card Drviers,Chipset Drivers,Bios for my motherboad,and i still cant get a game to run without the computer stutting down....for some strange reason it will only play Dungeon Siege and the Expansion Pack..all the rest of the games i try. It shuts down..when i use win bench mark 2003 it shouts down , but under the test directX everything comes back ok....thanks for any help you can give in advance
    my spec :-
    Windows XP Pro 2002 Version   5.1.2600
    motherboad details :-
    Manufacturer        
    Model   K7VT2    
    Version   2.00    
    BIOS Vendor   American Megatrends Inc.    
    BIOS Version   P1.20    
    BIOS Release Date   12/10/2002    
    BIOS Properties   Plug and Play, Flash, AGP    
     AGP
    Revision   2.0    
    Rate   1x, 2x, 4x (4x enabled)    
    Available Rate   0x00000007    
    Selected Rate   0x00000004    
    Aperture Size   64 MB      
    Sideband Addressing   supported (enabled)    
    Fast Write   not supported
    MSI Geforce FX5200 128meg DDR
    1.7 amd XP
    1 gig DDram 2700
    creative Audigy 2    
    Driver Version   5.12.5.441    
    Driver Date   10-21-2003
    cmd controller card
    winTV Tuner Card
    500 PSU
    DirectX version 4.09.00.0902

could be a power problem .. try a different power source ... or try running only with the video card .. all the other one out .. and see what happens.

• GeForce FX5200 - big problem

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
    1. I can't even start my OS. It's the graphic card problem for sure, because when I'm changing it for any other card it works fine. Ok, so when my OS (XP) is loading, my monitor just turns off and the led is blinking. All what can I do is reset or turn of the computer. There was no fan on the vga when I bought it (2 years ago). It was working excellent. And now I can't even run my OS.
    Does anyone of you know what's the problem ?
    2. Second problem - tvout. When I connect my tv, screen on tv is weird, I don't know how to describe it   but it looks like the colours are brightened. I can't do anything with it, I was trying some setup but nothing works. It was working good too, but it screwed up much more sooner then my first problem.  :D  
    MSI GeForce FX5200 128 mb, DVI, tvout
    nVidia Drivers
    Thanks in advance for the replys.
    Pawel

Quote from: ivangelion on 18-June-06, 05:01:18
    you can try, use fail safe mode, pressing F8 when booting, then set to start in failsafe mode with vga, then if you can get in to windows then go to video properties and change the refresh frecuency to 60hz in any resolution and restart, if do not work do it again in fail safe mode (no vga mode) if the last thing you see is the windows logo with the loading bar then the problem is monitor out of refresh values, that turn of the monitor, another thing may be if you conect a tv like a monitor without your pc monitor, sometimes the main monitor is set to tv so when start windows the pc monitor turn off, if you can see something in your tv then you must change to "clone view" the multidisplay setting
    ok mi english is not good too so i hope to help you in some way
    true but that dont explain --> "I was able to start an OS, but in the game it crashed again."

• Fx5200 keeps kicking me out of everything

I just bought the msi geforce fx5200 vid card, which now I believe I should of went with my original thought of getting the TI4200 anyways, any game I try to play lets me in for a quick peak then just boots me to the desktop.  I've got all the drivers, I've formatted my hardrive reinstalled windows checked the aparture size, and probally more.  I am at my wits end just bought this comp and it won't let me play, any kind of help would be great

IMHO I'd take it back and get either the FX5900 or the Ti4200 depending on your budget...
    The FX5200 just isn't up to par from the reviews I've read...
    In order to help you further it would be good if you listed, in detail, what your system consists of so that we can help you...my  is in the shop and I'm having a hard time picturing what's in your system...too many beers dulls my psychic senses heheheh
    Bonz 8)

• Is my videocard an MSI?

Hello,
    I bought a new assembled computer. I ordered it with a MSI GeForce FX5200-T128 videocard. Recently I opened the case and found out that the card is GREEN (not red) and much bigger than the card shown on the MSI homepage. Windows XP does not recognise the card if the drivers are not installed. After I instal them the card works properly
    The card looks exactly like a FX5200-TD128 (MS8911) but without the DVI connector and the memory chips above the cooler.
    I thought all the MSI videocards are red - am I wrong? How can I be sure I've got the card I payed for?
    Thank you in advance!

Also, if you look at the part number on the card in white ink, it may show a MS-XXXX number, then you'll know it is an MSI card.

• T128 FX5200 graphics card gives poor quality TV display

I recently bought an MSI T128 FX5200 card and a Mega Sky USB TV receiver. I initially installed the TV USB card and this worked fine. However, as soon as I installed the graphics card the display was degraded. There is a poor picture, but it is washed out, garish, pixellated and indistinct (as if the display settings were very basic). I get the same problem with mpeg video on Windows Media Player. Having tested the graphics card using 3DMark 2001 it gives a perfectly respectable score of over 4662 - which suggests the hardware is working fine.
    My set-up is:
    Sempron 2200+ processor
    Socket A MSI Motherboard MS-7061
    512 Mb PC2700 Crucial memory
    T128 FX5200 graphics card (passive cooling)
    Monitor - Hansol 710P - 17" CRT
    Current Display mode 1024 x 768 (32 bit)
    Direct X version: 9.0c
    Windows XP (sp2)
    I have tried fiddling around with BIOS settings (e.g. turning off shared graphics and changing to 4X AGP instead of 8X) and display settings but to no avail. I don't want to remove my graphics card to be able to watch TV - rather defeats the objective of getting a graphics card. Any suggestions?

SORTED!
    Thanks a lot for the advice Dr Stu - although I'm not clear whether it was your advice specifically that sorted the problem. Here's what I did:
    I removed all Via Uichrome IGP drivers and utilities via Add/Remove Programs off the Control Panel.
    I closed Windows XP down and went in to BIOS. Changed to AGP 4X and turned off FastWrites and disabled shared VGA memory.
    Installed FX5200 T128.
    On entering Windows loaded drivers for FX5200 from CD-ROM that came with T128. Everything worked fine. I've since reverted to AGP 8X and enabled Fastwrites - with no adverse effects. So, it's unlikely that this was the source of the problem (I had tried turning them off before receiving your advice).
    The strange thing is, I'm pretty convinced I did all of the above previously. So the chances are that I'd failed to delete some of the VIA drivers properly even though I thought I'd done so. I turned off my internet connection, to make sure that the drivers weren't updated on the sly. I thought I'd done this before as well - but who knows.
    I suppose the moral for me is to be meticulous - and not to asssume I've done things properly first time!
    Thanks again for the help, if nothing else you inspired me to have another bash at sorting things when I'd given up.
    Now I will be looking for advice to sort out my MSI Mega Sky Usb Digital TV drive....

Maybe you are looking for

• ABAP runtime errors TYPELOAD_NEW_VERSI ON   (SAPM/SAINT UPDATE)

Hi ,All I am using SAP4.6c with Orcle8i database on aWindows 2k Adv server. I have imported SPAM (KD00050.CAR) but after imporiting I am unable to use SPAM/SAINT Transaction code and its showing ABAP runtime error like "ABAP runtime errors TYPELOAD_N

• Error occur when create a provider for the sample of JPDK1.4

I am trying to install JPDK 1.4 in Oracle 9iAS. Testing the sample successfully and I received a test page informing me that the sample worked. After I follow the instruction to create a new provider and press the 'apply' button, the following error

• Album splitting and disappearing from Music App

Hi there! I have a bunch albums in iTunes and Music App and they're splitting and disappearing randomly this **** is really annoyin me. Does anyone know how to fix and end this mess up? Here are the screenshots of iTunes and Music App. House Of Pain

• Internet slowed down to nill thanks to upgrade

since i updated my old version macbook air the internet has gone from fast to snailspeed and i have no idea why.. any1 got any idea's to solve it or atleast make it bareable to live with

• Installed Font not working

I found the Font Book and the font I want to use - Apple Symbols. I've tried a dozen different ways to get this font to work in WORD or APPLEWORKS, but it never shows up anywhere but in the Font Book. It even shows up as 'INSTALLED', but it still won