Need new battery and DVD burner for T61

Hi,
I need a new battery.  Old one has totally died and won't hold a charge.
The burner is a different story.  Sometimes it will read discs other times it won't read at all, so I'm thinking it's on its way out.  Can someone supply correct part numbers?  Do you need the current part numbers of the parts that I have?
Thx
Mark

Hi Mark,
if you have a 14.1" 4:3 standard screen or 15.4" T61, you will need the T60 type battery now commonly referred to as battery 41+ 6-cell or 41++ 9-cell by Lenovo marketing. If you have a 14.1" widescreen T61, you will need battery 33 4-cell, 33+ 6-cell or 33++ 9-cell.
Here is a useful post with some detailed information I shared with someone else facing similar T61 DVD Burner issues: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/optical-drive/m-p/1077041#M67668. As for part numbers, you will some listed in T61 System Service parts here: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-67911#16. I.B.M./Lenovo loves to use many different part numbers for the same component based on the different manufacturers and different Thinkpad models. But basically, what you need is the Ultrabay Slim (PATA) type DVD Multi-Burner which fits T61, R61, T60, x60 dock, x61 dock, etc.: ThinkPad DVD Ultrabay Slim Burner - Overview.
If you need, I have all of these parts available, including New and used Genuine Lenovo T61 batteries and DVD Burners at terrific prices. I have sent you a PM with more info. Check you "New" messages at the top of this page
Have a great day. (I do not work for Lenovo)

Similar Messages

• PowerBook G4 probably needs new battery and power jack. Worth the repair?

I have a PowerBook G4 that is about 4.5 years old, with a 1.33 GHz Processor, 512 MB RAM, and a 60 GB HD. I got a new MacBook Pro recently, so I'm trying to sell this old PowerBook, but there are a couple problems with it.
    One is that it still has the battery the computer came with, so it's safe to say that it's dead. Another problem is that there's a minor dent on the side by the power jack that makes the interface a bit fussy. Sometimes it needs to be fiddled with to contact correctly. So, in addition to a new battery, the external casing (and/or the DC-in) may need to be repaired, and I know doing so is few hundred dollars. Is it worth it for this computer? It's going on 5 years old, so I'm wondering if other things (like the hard drive), are going to fail soon.

Is it worth it for this computer? It's going on 5 years old, so I'm wondering if other things (like the hard drive), are going to fail soon.
    Looking at ebay, there are two Powerbook 1.33Ghz models with bids between $185 and $249. If you're looking to sell it, and the hard drive is operating fine now, it's longevity shouldn't be a concern. That said, notebook hard drives do seem to have a higher failure rate the 3-5 year range than desktop drives.
    Replacing the lower case, DC-in card, and new battery can run you around $450. You'd almost be better off taking it to Apple, to see if they'd send it to the Apple depot for around $325 to repair the DC-in problem. (I just sent one to the Apple depot for a logic board replacement, and they replaced the battery, too). Even so, you might have difficulty recouping that in a sale.
    It does have Leopard, which may help the price you might get when you sell it.

• What to do if you need a new battery and wifi chip for iPhone 4S

I brought my IPhone 4S last year when I was in Brisbane from Dicks smith and i lost the receipt. My phone is starting to play up now the battery runs out in an hour and the wifi doesn't turn on it's greyed out. I live in New Zealand now so where do I send my phone to get fixed ? And how Much will it cost me ?

The warranty is only valid in the country where you bought the phone. You'll have to bring it back Australia to get it serviced. Apple Support does not ship to foreign countries.
    Check this link for more info:
    Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

• I have an iphone that has stopped charging. I have purchased a new battery and charger for it but it is still not charging. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

I have an iphone that has stopped charging. I have purchased a new battery and charger for it but it is still not charging. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

That pretty much eliminates all the user-serviceable parts the phone has.
    When you say you purchased a new battery, I'll assume that it included the installation and you did not go fiddling with the nanoscrews and such. So it's got to have some sort of warranty that the part is good and it is time to take it back for service.

• File name punctuation WILL cause MP3 and DVD burn errors – workaround?

OK, I’ve seen TONS of questions about problems burning MP3 format CDs and DVD. I’ve been having this problem for quite a while and today I just got ****** off enough to do some deep research. I seek to share my finding and suggestions for work arounds.
    THE PROBLEM
    iTunes can burn regular CDs since the song file name is not actually put on the CD. The CD or DVD burner work for burning audio discs and with other applications. All the burn preferences are set correctly and have been validated. But when you attempt to burn an MP3 CD or DVD (for backup, transfer or for player that play MP3 discs), iTunes may do the following:
    Checking media (iTunes will ask: “You have inserted a DVD. Are you sure you want to create a Data DVD? answer yes, it’s a blank DVD disc in a working DVD burner)
    Checking playlist
    Burning disc… initializing
    "The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred (xxxx).”
    THE CAUSE
    Many times the error is due to song, album or artist names with unacceptable punctuation in them. iTunes does not tell you why and the error message and Google searches and Apple support/discussion forum details are sketchy… but in most cases its “illegal” punctuation in the song name, artist or album. I isolated at lest the apostrophe ‘ there are probably other illegal name punctuations too.
    The cause my be explained by Apple following ISO or Joliet file name specifications or file name length specifications for CD or DVD discs. But since this appears to be undocumented (to the iTunes user) there is a need to understand the restrictions to allow error free disc burning.
    THE CHALLENGE
    Even if the playlist name does not have punctuation, if ANY playlist song name/artist/album does, the DVD burn will fail. Removing the offending songs from the playlists results in a successful burn but hey, I WANT those other songs too!
    POSSIBLE WORK AROUNDS
    Changing actual song file name – even if you change the name in iTunes (Get Info, Info, change name, artist, album) the actual song file names are not updated and continue to have the punctuation error resulting in a burn failure.
    It appears that the actual file name needs to be changed. This can be a challenge. If you change only the file name you need to add modified file back into iTunes and the old file link is now broken. This is a bigger problem if that song file is in multiple playlists (the old ones are broken and the new one needs to be substituted). This is a REAL problem if you have 2,800 songs with an ‘ in them (like I do).
    LETS WORK TOGETHER AND SHARE RESULTS
    I’ve seen many, many unanswered questions about iTunes CD and DVD burning problems that will likely be solved if we can collectively develop and document a workaround. So, here is
    THE QUESTION
    What is the best way to rename (or retag) MP3 song files to eliminate punctuation and update iTunes and playlists so these songs can be burned to CD or DVD without violating the undocumented illegal punctuation restriction? The work around may differ for OS X vs Windows users so help on both would be appreciated.
    Thank you all in advance for your help!
    Windows XP Pro

been searching myself to create my own cdg for use in universal karaoke players. Kjams appears to offer the most hope for all I want to do. although there's something new now called Aria which promises to do a bunch of stuff for 79 $. Otherwise, all that I want to do as listed by the original poster, would cost me Kjams lite, plus the burn plug in is extra, plus I'd need the kjams producer as I would be building a cdg by adding the synced lyrics to something I've removed the vocal from, on Audacity program. if I go with Kjams, those 3 softwares, it will cost me 150, while I'm so jealous all those PC karaoke singers have free software for karaoke they can download.
    I've been buying my cdg discs at 1.99 a pop, but they don't have special songs I want to perform. Aria for Mac might just do it all but I don't need the "scratch" sound they are pushing. that makes me steer away from the software.
    experimenting with the Imac 10.6 idvd movie quicktime might work. I made a few cdg but have not tried them in the club karaoke machine yet. I added the lyrics to tuneprompter which is a free software that lets you add and sync the lyrics to the music with the spacebar. thats fun. but it's all in experimental thing so far. I know Kjams does not let you add lyrics and sync them yourself. you are supposed to import cdg to kjams that are already available and pay for them. in this case I want to find my own special tunes. good luck to you. there's one other thing but it's expensive. buying software which turns your mac into a windows platform by partiioning it and you start up in one or the other. that's also about 100-150 software.

• Looking for a external blu ray dvd burner for my mac

looking for a external blu ray dvd burner for my mac

There are plenty of options but I have found that the LaCie d2 http://blu-ray.burnworld.com/burners/lacie-d2.htm works more consistantly. I use Toast 11 mainly for Blu-Ray. The drive does come with a basic verison of the software which is good for most but you need to upgrade to do some serious authoring.

• [svn] 2312: CursorManager: New functionality and a fix for SDK-15029

Revision: 2312
    Author: [email protected]
    Date: 2008-06-30 17:24:01 -0700 (Mon, 30 Jun 2008)
    Log Message:
    CursorManager: New functionality and a fix for SDK-15029
    * NEW: When the mouse leaves a window/stage where a cursor is set, the cursor no longer sits on the edge of the screen until the mouse comes back into the window, it disappears.
    * NEW: In AIR, when the mouse leaves an active window and glides over an inactive window (without giving it focus) where a cursor is set, the system pointer will be hidden and the custom cursor will appear while gliding over that window, and disappear when you leave that window.
    * FIX: When a cursor is set in a child Window, and the mouse moves over another Window or WindowedApplication, the cursor no longer disappears -- the correct system pointer or custom cursor will display.
    * Fixed listener leaks when switching systemManagers (neither Jason nor I can tell when/why it would happen in CursorManager, however).
    Reviewer: Jason
    Bugs: SDK-15029
    Doc: No
    QA: Yes, here's an exhaustive list of ideas:
    * We'll need tests for the new behaviors.
    * For all tests, we need to try behavior in air AND behavior in (sa)player, and test regressions.
    * Please test SDK-15583 again, all other cursor tests.
    * Take the test case for SDK-15029 and open up TWO MyWindows. Test how the cursors change across all three app windows when they are overlapped like a Venn diagram, with different combinations of custom cursors on and off -- we should have test cases for all of this behavior.
    * Test that custom cursors work properly when the mouse leaves a non-rectangular stage with transparency.
    * Test mouse drag situations -- drag off stage, release, move back to stage; drag off and back onto stage, etc.
    * In my tests, I found a lot of bad behavior in AIR, and player seemed to be fine. Do we have drag and drop use cases for AIR with custom cursors?
    A list of some bugs I encountered:
    * BUG (cosmetic): If the mouse is outside the stage when a cursor changes for the first time (say you toggle a checkbox which sets the cursor using the keyboard), the cursor will appear on the stage in the last known mouse position. When the mouse returns to the stage, everything will start working correctly again.
    * BUG (cosmetic): In AIR, if you drag out, and back into the window, then release, a MOUSE_OUT is fired again over the stage, which is wrong. The mouse coords given are (-1,-1), also wrong. This causes the system cursor to show instead of the custom cursor.
    * BUG: In AIR: if you drag off the edge of a Window with a custom cursor, the cursor will vanish. The MOUSE_OUT event correctly event fires while dragging off the window. Even though the handler tells the system mouse cursor to appear, it doesn't -- might be an AIR issue, since the mouse is still dragging when told to show. If you move back over the active window without dragging, the cursor goes back to normal.
    * BUG: In AIR: if you drag over another window with a cursor, MOUSE_MOVE events don't fire on that other window until you let go. Therefore, a custom cursor in that window does not get drawn, nor does a system cursor. If you move back over the active window without dragging, the cursor goes back to normal.
    * BUG: In AIR: When dragging, off a window, Event.MOUSE_LEAVE only fires after the mouse is let go (unlike MOUSE_OUT), EVEN IF the mouse is dragged back over the window and released over the window. So you're told the mouse left when it didn't.
    * BUG: In Player: I could never get Event.MOUSE_LEAVE to fire when added to the stage in saplayer or browser.
    Ticket Links:
    http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-15029
    http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-15583
    Modified Paths:
    flex/sdk/branches/3.0.x/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/CursorManagerImpl.a s

• Iphone has a new battery and front camera flex cable. Wont turn on and Itunes gives me error 4014 when i try to restore

So my iphone 5 was having very bad battery problems and apple said they charged $80 to which i was astonished by because my warrenty ended 2 weeks eailer. I thought maybe they would be generous and help me out but no so i took it upon myself to get a new battery and install it myself. I did that and it turns out i need a new front camera flex ribbon so i also bought that and installed it myself. Whe i was donre installing it my phone flashed the apple logo and went black front there. I tried connecting to itunes and it gives me error 4014. Will apple still fix my phone even though i opened it?(Im not under the warrenty anymore).

It is unfortunate that you chose to open the device.  Apple will not touch it now.  Out of Warranty replacement is no longer an option.
    Buy a new device.

• I just called to get a new battery and....

They said it would be covered by the apple care pertection plan... but they took my card number down and said if i dont retrun the battery I will get charged. I havent even gotten the new battery and a $130 pending payment is in my account..
    anyone else?

Most retailers submit a charge reservation to a credit card in this case to verify that there is enough credit available to cover the purchase. It is usually for an amount that is slightly more ($1.00) than the actual purchase. If the actual purchase is not submitted within 3 business days, the reservation is usually automatically removed by the credit card company.

• I am using MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8. I need a compatible CD/DVD burner. Can someone recommend one?

Can someone recommend a compatible CD/DVD burner for a MacBook Pro? I have returned two burners, so far, that were not compatible,.

LowLuster wrote:
    The Apple external DVD drive will NOT work on a Mac computer that originally came with a built in DVD drive. They only work on Mac computers that did NOT originally come with a built in DVD drive. The Air, Retina and iMacs from late 2012 to present.
    True to the extent that out of the box they indeed will not work with Macs other than Airs and Retinas.  However a minor modification WILL make them compatible with other Macs.  Here are the instructions:
    http://www.tuaw.com/2012/04/02/use-the-macbook-air-superdrive-with-any-almost-ma c/
    Thus it is a valid choice for consideration.
    Ciao.

• TS2565 when updated to 9.1.7 from 9. I need new serial and the old serial number doesn't work. How can i solve this?

when updated to 9.1.7 from 9. I need new serial and the old serial number doesn't work. How can i solve this?

There was no new serial needed to update from Logic 9 to 9.1.7
    If your Logic 9 was an upgrade from Logic 8 it may be asking you for your original Logic 8 Full serial first and then your Logic 9 Upgrade serial...
    Otherwise, it's best to call Apple directly and get them to help you...

• Why does my iphone 3gs shut down when battery gets to 80%?  have installed new battery and nothing changes?

Why does my iphone 3gs shut down when battery shows 80%.  a couple of months ago is shut down at 60% but has continually gotten worse.  this was before 5.0.  i took it to a repair man and he tried a used battery, a new battery, and the original battery.  nothing helped.  5.01 didnt help either.  What is my problem?

Fully discharge the battery (till it shuts down and won't turn on) and then fully recharge it (100%).  This will recalibrate the battery meter.  You may need to do this a few times.

• New Battery and PowerPack NOT WORKING!

Ok, so the other night my battery drained completely while I was working. I knew it was getting low but it never yelled at me so I kept working. Ever since then I can't get it to charge!!! I just bought a new battery and power pack this summer for this reason!!!! I spent well over a year with the X over the battery. I have the plug icon there now but it still reads 0% after being plugged in overnight.
    Now, I have browsed the forums and support pages and have tried the reset, the callibration, cleaning the magsafe adapter, etc. My light isn't coming on the magsafe, although it had come on and was a dim green for a few hours. Now it's not even doing that! I read somewhere that this is a problem. I guess I will have to try to get ahold of an actual support person. **** I hate the power issues on my MacBook Pro. I love the machine...hate the power issues!!!

and have tried the reset,
    Which ones? There are 2 of them - pram & smu.
    MBP Battery Troubleshooting:
    To check for a bad battery, go to Apple/About This Mac/More Info
    In the System Profiler window, select the Power entry & look for Health Information.
    If next to Condition it says "Check Battery" then your battery is probably on the fritz.
    Take your computer to an Apple Store. The staff will be able to check to determine if your model MBP qualifies for a free battery. Otherwise, you will pay for it yourself if you do not have Apple Care.

• Is there a dvd burner that comes with macs? if not whats a good dvd burner for mac os x?

is there a dvd burner that comes with macs? if not whats a good dvd burner for mac os x?

This may help, but it's an accessory with an extra cost:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD564ZM/A
    This new Superdrive also supports DVD-Audio so you can load more music into it than a CD.

• Touchsmart IQ775-keyboard, mouse, front USBs, and DVD burner

My power went off and immediately back on while I was using computer. Now, my wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, front USB ports, and DVD burner won't work.  The computer doesn't recognize them.  I have tried reconnecting the mouse and keyboard and replacing batteries.  I tried to burn a recorded TV show onto a DVD--doesn't recognize the recorder.  The printer works--it is plugged into a rear USB port.  The touchscreen feature works.
     Any and all help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

This does not sound good - to me, it sounds like the enumeration of your devices is corrupt in the registry - caused during the power failure.
    If you can get to Microsoft System Restore, use it to go back to a few days  time before before the outage ocurred.
    If that doesn't work, thenHP recovery is my suggestion.
    ... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
    Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

Maybe you are looking for

• Popup with generic ALV to display all fields of a structure

Hello WebDynpro Experts, I have developed a WebDynpro application using an ALV control to display all the search results in a table. The number of columns shown in this table is reduced by a default view, that is preset for all users. In the SAP GUI

• No extensions work at all, why?

I have a CF multiserver setup with CF7, CF8, and CF9 all running on JRun. I have CFBuilder installed as plugins to a clean version of Eclipse 3.5 64-bit for OS X. I installed the basic extensions to map to the CF9 server. I also installed a couple fr

• Print programs for (print) interactive forms

Hello, I am looking for an (any) interactive form and the print-program belonging to this form. It can be any form from any moudule, as i only need it for testing purposes. Thank you!

• Java.lang.AbstractMethodError: oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleResultSet.getBlob

Hi, I am using WSAD 4.0.3. While I am running application I am getting this error. [10/5/02 13:26:17:984 GMT+08:00] 7a483a9b ExceptionUtil X CNTR0020E: Non-application exception occurred while processing method lodge on bean BeanId(CePAC#CePACEJB.jar

• Since donwloading iOS 6

my apps crash constantly even when i'm searching for apps on the app store. apple can you please work on this?