Needed to update 4000 entries in T510

Dear experts,
Do you know if exists any tool/report to update T510? I have to update 4000 entries, so I would appreciate very much you help!
Thanks in advance,
Maria

Try LSMW, the easiest way of loading mass entries into table.
Thx
Ashish

Similar Messages

• Need to update IOS without losing pictures, data entries, etc

I have an IPhone 4 and really need to update my IOS (I'm still on 4.3.1).   When I attempted to update it a long time ago, I received a pop-up message saying it would "delete all of the apps and media, including iTunes Store purchases" on my phone and said "to preserve your content, apply this update on the computer where you sync apps, music, videos, and photos.  Updating on this computer will only preserve contacts, calendars, text messages, and other settings."  I have synced my phone with iTunes several times and can see where it has saved my apps and I have my pictures from the photo app that came with my phone so I'm not concerned about them.  What I am concerned about is trying to save photos that are in a pass code locked photo app, entries made in my calendar (Dr's appointments, concert events, meeting dates, etc), and ENTRIES into a private diary that I have written in for several years.  I see the diary app on iTunes, but have no way of knowing if the contents/entries inside were saved.  My phone didn't come with ICloud and I am unable to download it on my phone because of the IOS, but I was able (using another IPhone) to get ICloud on my PC, but have been unable to find out if I can save these photos and diary entries there long enough to update my IOS. I'd really hate to lose 2-3 years worth of diary entries, but I seriously need to update my IOS!   If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it!!

You cannot.
    The iPhone is designed to sync to one and only one library.
    Attempts to sync (which is required to update) will wipe the content from the device and replace it with content from the new library.
    They need to fix or replace their home pc and then upgrade.

• Have been using good ole cannons from 70 h 80's for years.Need to update and understand new technolo

Have been using the cannons for many years mostly scenic areas. Quit using them eight years past.
    I am retired and need to update and understand what you have so l can start over.Thanks for your help, Edgar.

Hi Edgar,
    While there are occasional Canon tech wizards on here to help out, mostly it's conversations among Canon users.
    You are basically wanting to go from film to digital, which can be both easy and very, very complex. Some of the modern DSLRs can be used in a highly automated, almost "point n shoot" manner. Or you can get as involved in using them as you wish, using less of the automation, usually with more consistent and pleasing results... but a much steeper learning curve.
    If your Canon are from the 70s and 80s, they are manual focus lenses and cameras with the FD mount. Some of those were fantastic, but simply aren't usable on modern Canon, which use EF mount. So you are most likely starting from scratch.
    I'd recommend one of the more entry-level models, perhaps with one or two kit lenses to get started learning to shoot digital. But it sort of depends upon your budget, how much you want to spend. I don't know where you are in the world... I'm in the US so below I'm refering to the current US model designations Canon offers (and international designations are in parens). All these models are "EOS".
    The Canon Rebel T3 (1100D) is the most entry level model. If bought in kit, it usually comes with EF 18-55mm lens.
    Rebel SL1 (100D) is a very compact camera, in kit usually comes with 18-55mm lens.
    Rebel T3i (600D) is a bit larger and adds some features... in kit it's often offered with 18-55mm, or sometimes with 18-135mm, or sometimes in a 2-lens kit with 18-55mm and 55-250mm.
    Rebel T5i (700D) is the top of the Rebel series line and mostly adds features related to videography. It can be found in kit with the same options as the T3i.
    EOS 60D is a mid-grade model, using a true pentaprism (the Rebel series use a penta-mirror). With higher top shutter speed (1/8000 vs 1/4000 on the Rebels), somewhat different controls (more direct access to things commonly used by more advanced photographers). The 60D is being discontinued right now, but you will still see a lot of them in stores.
    All the above have essentially the same "APS-C size" 18MP sensor (except T3/1100D which uses a 15MP sensor). T5i and 60D have a similar, more advanced autofocus system.
    EOS 70D is the new model that's replacing the 60D, has a new 20MP sensor, as well as a more sophisticated autofocus system than any of the above.
    60D and 70D in kit usually come with 18-135mm lens, but sometimes there are alternatives.
    The EOS 7D is the top of the line APS-C size sensor, a fairly pro-oriented camera with less support for new digital shooters, a sophisticated and fast autofocus system. .
    Finally there are also and so-called "full frame models EOS 6D, 5D Mark III and 1DX (sensor is 24x36mm, same image size as most 35mm film cameras shoot). The 6D is essentially an entry-level, more compact full frame model. 5D Mark III is a mid-grade model, and the 1DX is an uber expensive pro-oriented, high speed model. You might be tempted by these initially, coming from film cameras. But be aware they not only cost more initially, are a bit more limited in lens choices, plus the lenses for them will generally tend to be larger, heavier and more expensive. The APS-C or "crop sensor" models can use all EF and all EF-S lenses. While the "full frame" models can only use EF lenses. EF-S lenses are specifically designed for crop sensor cameras. EF lenses were designed for film or have been designed for full frame, but are also fully usable on crop cameras. So, crop cameras can essentially use any lens Canon has made since around 1990 and onward.  
    I'd recommend you start with one of the crop sensor models.... graduate later to one of the full frame models, if you find that necessary. Today's crop sensor cameras are actually quite capable. You can make a pretty large print from them, with little loss of image quality. You'll just have to "re-think" focal lengths, from what you are accustomed to. For example, a 50mm lens on a crop sensor camera is no longer a "standard" lens. It acts more as a short telephoto, like an 80mm would on your film cameras (nice for portraits). If you want a standard lens on a crop sensor camera, you'll want something around 30mm. The 18-55mm kit lenses, for example, cover approx. the same angle of view range as a 28-90mm zoom would on your film cameras.
    Now, seeing that you are an experienced SLR user, you probably don't need the automation and newbie support of some of the most entry-level models. But also going from manual focus to autofocus (which, when used right is faster and more accurate than I ever was with manual focus, and I was pretty good!)... I'd suggest starting out with one of the simpler AF systems.
    The T5i or 60D might be good choices for you. Go compare in a store, if at all possible.
    Just as was true in the days of film, lenses still tend to make more of a difference than the camera they are used upon. In other words, the entry level kit lenses might be a low cost way to get into modern, autofocus, digital cameras... but if you're budget allows you might want to consider some more advanced lenses. In the kit lenses, I would recommend the "STM" (stepper motor autofocus drive) models... they are the latest and greatest. But there are even better, in particular the USM (ultrasonic motor autofocus drive) which are often found in otherwise upgraded lenses. For example, for crop cameras there are the EF-S 10-22mm, EF-S 15-85mm USM, EF-S 17-55/2.8 USM and EF 70-200/4L USM lenses. These are fast and accurate focusing, with top quality optics. Most of these lenses also have or are optionally available with Image Stabilization (IS), which is great and allows handheld shots that were near impossible with your older gear. Highly recommended.
    Shop around and don't forget to allow some room in your budget for other necessities. You'll need memory cards (the entry level models and T5i, 60D that I recommended all use "SD/SDHC" memory cards). You also might want a spare camera battery (most entry level models use LP-E8, the 60D uses the larger LP-E6 to get about twice as many shots per charge). There are also accessory battery grips available for most models mentioned, which give secondary controls that are nice when shooting with the camera in portrait orientation, as well as adding a second battery to double the number of shots you can take. Most of the lenses mentioned don't include the lens hood, which I highly recommend buying, too.
    All these Canon cameras come with a complete software suite, all you really need to get started cataloging and editing your images on your computer (some other manufacturers sell certain softwares separately). However you still might want to look into some third party softwares. Adobe Elements is an excellent and affordable introduction to Photoshop, which is arguably the "big daddy" of all image editing softwares. There are others... some cheaper, even some free... and you don't really need to rush into adding softwares unless you simply want to. The included Canon software is fine to get started.
    I guarantee you will find yourself shooting a lot more digital images, than you ever did with film. For one, after the initial cost of the camera, lenses and basic gear, you will feel like "shooting digital is free!". It's not really (camera and memory wear out eventually, upgrades come along, and digital storage & backup fill up rather quickly). But it's certainly cheaper than shooting film. Last time I shot a lot of film I figured it cost a minimum of 50 to 75 cents per shot (common 35mm film with local, consumer grade processing, 4x6 prints or contact sheets... $15 to $20 per 36 exposure film). Digital reduces that to around 5 cents per shot, on average.
    You'll also love high ISO shooting with your new DSLR. Any of the above cameras can be used at ISO 1600 with much better results than any film at that rating. With a little extra work, ISO 3200 and 6400 are quite usable... perhaps even higher! I rarely use lower than ISO 200 now, where with film the bulk of my work was at ISO 50 and 100.
    You also will enjoy the immediate feedback you get being able to review your images on the spot, right on the LCD screen on the back of the camera. The histogram, in particular, is very helpful once you learn to use it. Heck, you can even shoot tethered to a computer and see your images full size on a computer monitor immediately, if you wish... Or download them and view them just minutes after pressing the shutter release button!
    Get some books about digital photography. In addition to something more general, I also highly recommend getting one of the guide books specific to whatever camera model you choose. That will complement the manual that comes with the camera. If you get an image editing/cataloging software, I'd recommend a book specifically for that, too. Another book I recommend is "The DAM Book - Digital Asset Management for Photographers"... which can be found and bought online. It's very helpful setting up your "workflow", and the sooner you do that, the better (it's the pits having to go back, reorganize and potentially redo thousands or hundreds of thousands of images).
    There are also good online tutorials about many aspects of digital photography. For example, I highly recommend the three half-hour videos on YouTube about Canon autofocus systems and how to get the best results with them... beginning with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAx86nblZ2g This is a few years old now, but still quite relevant... the 50D is discussed at length, but it uses an AF system that's virtually identical to the 60D, for example. It also might help to know some of the features of the more recent, more spphisticated AF systems, which are discussed a bit. There are other videos and online tutorials at the Canon Learning Center, on YouTube, and elsewhere. Some are model specific... such as the AF system of the 7D (which is largely carried over into the 70D now).... and the even more advanced 5D Mark III/1DX AF system.
    Other users here and at other forums online can be a big help, too. Don't be afraid to ask questions (we've all been there at one time or another).
    Alan Myers
    San Jose, Calif., USA
    "Walk softly and carry a big lens."
    GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
    FLICKR & PRINTROOM

• Need to update table from Maintenance view (Very Urgent !!!)

Hi Abap Guru's,
    I got a requirement where in I need to create a new Zprog so that it shld give  a call to view v_abc and thru this view I need to update the table abc if any duplicate entries are entered then I shld popup a message.
    Cld u plz help me out how to go further with this requirement and any suggestions...
    if we create a table maintenance generator for the table abc then it will check for the duplicate entries are not ? if it checks for the duplicate entries then my job is done esaily but how to assign the zt-code to the table maintenance ?
    awaiting for u r answer's and realyy appreciated with lots of points.
    Regards,
    Ravi V Ganji

Hi,
       table generator will check duplicate entries as any
       other table .
        table maintanance Generator is used to manually
        input values using transaction sm30
        follow below steps
       1) go to se11 check table maintanance check box under
          attributes tab
       2) utilities-table maintanance Generator->
          create function group and assign it under
          function group input box.
          also assign authorization group default &NC& .
       3)
        select standard recording routine radio in table
        table mainitainence generator to move table
        contents to quality and production by assigning
        it to request.
       4) select maintaience type as single step.
       5) maintainence screen as system generated numbers
          this dialog box appears when you click on create
         button
        6) save and activate table
       using sm30 you can create entries manually.
    also check below thread to assign transaction code to
    table generator
    Re: Table Maintanance Generator  
    create transaction use se93
    select parameter transaction and give below attributes
      Transaction code      ZTX1                                                                               
    Transaction text      Maintain View ZSDCZTVIEW                                                                               
    Transaction        SM30            Screen             0           
                                              From module pool                                                                               
    Name of screen field           Value                                
       VIEWNAME                       ZSDCZTVIEW                           
       UPDATE                         X

• Need to update row in the table if any one of the value is getting updated

Hi All,
    I am new to SQL, I need to update the table's row if any one of the value of the row is getting updated, if none of the value is updated then do nothing.
    Advice requested

It is not clear what you meant... Perhaps a trigger 
    CREATE TRIGGER ShowUpdatedColumns ON Test FOR UPDATE
    AS
    DECLARE @ColumnID int, @Columns nvarchar(4000), @ObjectID int, @LastColumnID int
    SET @ObjectID=(SELECT id FROM sysobjects WHERE name='test')
    SET @LastColumnID=(SELECT MAX(colid) FROM syscolumns WHERE id=@ObjectID)
    SET @ColumnID=1
    WHILE @ColumnID<=@LastColumnID BEGIN
    IF (SUBSTRING(COLUMNS_UPDATED(),(@ColumnID - 1) / 8 + 1, 1)) &
    POWER(2, (@ColumnID - 1) % 8) = POWER(2, (@ColumnID - 1) % 8)
    SET @Columns = ISNULL(@Columns+',','') + COL_NAME(@ObjectID,@ColumnID)
    SET @ColumnID=@ColumnID+1
    END
    PRINT 'Updated columns are :' + @Columns 
    Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP,
    http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/
    MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting:
    Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services:
    Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services:
    Business Intelligence

• Need to update the business place and section code for the advances

Hi,
    I need to update the business place and section code for already posted advance payment requests (f-47), advance payments (f-48) and clearing documents (F-54).
    I can able to update the business place and section code for only invoices those are coming from MM route in J1INPP.
    guide me
    sateesh

Hi ,
    Please follow the below point as per note no 640231
    2.  Path : Transaction SM31 . Enter the table name as TRWPR and press
                                                                      Page 2
        maintain .
        a) Delete all entries linked to component ZIND if they are present.
        b) Check that, entries as specified below exist for Component IND.
           Business
           Tran.    Time     No    Component        Function Module
           DOCUMENT CLOSE    043   IND              J_1I6_UPDATE_BA
           DOCUMENT CLOSE    044   IND              J_1IEWT_UPDATE_SECCO
           DOCUMENT PREREV   810   IND              J_1I6_CIN_DOC_PREREV
           DOCUMENT CLOSE    810   IND              J_1I2_COPY_TO_LOCAL
           RABELEG  ERGAENZE 810   IND              J_1IEWT_COPY_BUPLA_FBZ
           BELEG    POST     810   IND              J_1ITDS_TABLE_UPDATE
           DOCUMENT CHECK    810   IND              J_1I6_VALIDATE_GR
           DOCUMENT POST     811   IND              J_1IEWT_UPDATE_PROVISION
           BELEG    POST     811   IND              J_1IEWT_UPDATE_PROVISION
           BELEG    CLOSE    820   IND              J_1I2_COPY_TO_LOCAL
           DOCUMENT CHECK    820   IND
           J_1I6_VERIFY_GR_EIC_QUANTITY
           DOCUMENT CLOSE    820   IND              J_1I6_COPY_TO_LOCAL
           DOCUMENT CLOSE    821   IND              J_1IEWT_COPY_TO_LOCAL
           DOCUMENT POST     821   IND              J_1ITDS_TABLE_UPDATE
           BELEG    CLOSE    821   IND              J_1IEWT_COPY_TO_LOCAL.
        For the first two entries which are marked with sequence number 43
        and 44 for the Business Transaction 'DOCUMENT' and Time 'CLOSE' ,
        ensure that the sequence number is below the number for function
        module FI_DOCUMENT_CLOSE. This is to ensure that these two functions
        are processed in time for other checks in Financial Accounting.
    MIRO documents also will update the Business place section code.
    Reg
    Madhu M

• Need to update target data source in ODI

Hi All,
    I have 2 tables 1. Tab_abc(col1,col2,col3,col4,col5) & 2. Tab_xyz(col1,col2,col3).
    Tab_abc has already some records with NULL values in col2& col3 and Tab_abc.col1 = Tab_xyz.col1
    I need to update col2 & col3 in Tab_abc.
    I have used IKM: oracle Incremental update
    and checked col2& col3 for update and made col1 as key.
    But it is giving some problem.
    COuld you please let me know, in deatail to solve this issue.
    Thanks.

It seems you are on the right track. On the target table , you have made col1 as key.
    The only issue is that it will update all your target columns ( col2 , col3 ) based on the entries of source columns ( col2 , col3 ).
    One of the prospective solution can be make a join of target with the source or simply put a filter to find out the rows which have col2 , col3 in target as null.
    i.e.
    on Source table put the filter
    Tab_abc.col1 in( Select Tab_xyz.col1 from Tab_xyz where Tab_xyz.col2 is null or Tab_xyz.col3 is null ).
    BUT in this case , col2 and col3 both values will get updated if any of the value for col2 ,col3 is null for particular row.
    If you want to update only null valued columns then you will need to create interface based on the following query :
    update Tab_xyz set (col2,col3) = ( select NVL(a.col2,B.col2),NVL(a.col3,B.col3) from Tab_abc B,Tab_xyz a
    where Tab_xyz.EMPLOYEE_ID = B.EMPLOYEE_ID and A.EMPLOYEE_ID = B.EMPLOYEE_ID)
    where col3 is null or col2 is null;
    For this you need to make a join of target table with the source table.
    Hope it helps

• Freeze the video for about 3 to 5 seconds in all the media players (e.g VLC, quick time, divx etc). do i need to update any video codec??

while any video file is running , suddenly it freezes the video for about 3 to 5 seconds in all the media players like quicktime, vlc and div x and this thing happens frequently with video files.
    it very hard to watch the video movie with this issue.
    do i need to update any video codec or any thing else??
    following are my notebook specifications
    Processor  2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory  4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
    Software  OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

while any video file is running , suddenly it freezes the video for about 3 to 5 seconds in all the media players like quicktime, vlc and div x and this thing happens frequently with video files.
    it very hard to watch the video movie with this issue.
    do i need to update any video codec or any thing else??
    following are my notebook specifications
    Processor  2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory  4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
    Software  OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

• How do we update the entry in Table HRESSAPPROVER Table?

Hello friends,
    I need to understand how the table HRESSAPPROVER Table entries are modified? Do we need to follow a Tcode like PA40 to initiate an Action or do we need to update any infotype, or should we directly edit the entries in table using some Tcode?
    Thanks
    Avik

Hi,
    check this thread
    How to maintain HRESSAPPROVER table
    Regards,
    Manoj.

• FB01 - Need to update fields and cannot find solution

I have a need to update VERTN, KUNNR, WERKS, and PPRCT when posting an invoice with FB01.  The only field I can find a way to change is PPRCT (through substitution).  I have looked at all the user exits, BADI's, BAPI's, and BTE's and cannot find a solution.  Nothing I can find has these fields available to change. 
    I thought BTE 1020 was my solutution, but it seems you can't change any data with it - which I can't figure out the point of it then.  Right after the call to the BTE, it sets the BSEG internal table back to the way it was before the call.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi,
    You are corrent that the fields you want to substitute are not available in <b>BSEG_SUBST</b>.
    To get these fields you will have to maintain <b>table GB01 and GB01C</b>. This is where you define which field you can substitute. The fields you want are define as non substitutable in table GB01 ( BEXCLUDE = 'X' ).
    I know that you can substitute custom fields by adding entry in these table but i do not know if it is advisable to change the entry in table to make the field substitutable. I checked OSS not but could not find any for the fields you have specified.
    You might want to check for OSS note by yourself and if you could not find any, write to SAP and ask if you can change the entry in GB01 and GB01C.
    Let me know if you have any question.
    Regards,
    RS

• Need to update premiere but it stops & needs to close CEPHtmlEngine... what is this???

I need to update premiere on the creative cloud but it stops and 62% and needs to close "CEPHtmlEngine" in order to continue. What is this and how can I close/update the app?!

Jeff - I know this is a different topic, but have you been able to figure out the cause/solution for that nasty crash problem that a lot of us are experiencing, seemingly related to the render operation in PP 2014?
    It is pretty random, and occurs instantaneously, usually upon hitting the render button, sometimes partway through a render, and sometimes upon simply opening a project.
    It is always a complete system crash, computer shuts down, has to go all the way through a re-boot.
    It has happened to me at least 15 times, and also to others according to the numerous blog entries.
    There must be something in there that can be removed or tweaked or altered.
    Thanks for any 'specific' feedback.
    I am on a Mac, but others on PC's report the problem as well.
    Cheers,
    Peter

• I am on a intel Imac and need to update to 10.5. How can i do this?

I am on a intel Imac and need to update to 10.5. How can i do this?

You really should update to Snow Leopard because Leopard is no longer in production. The following tells you about Snow Leopard but also what's need to upgrade past Snow Leopard should you be able and wish to do so.
    Upgrade Paths to Snow Leopard, Lion, and/or Mountain Lion
    You can upgrade to Mountain Lion from Lion or directly from Snow Leopard. Mountain Lion can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $19.99. To access the App Store you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or later installed.
    Upgrading to Snow Leopard
    You must purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order.
    After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store. Access to the App Store enables you to download Mountain Lion if your computer meets the requirements.
         Snow Leopard General Requirements
           1. Mac computer with an Intel processor
           2. 1GB of memory
           3. 5GB of available disk space
           4. DVD drive for installation
           5. Some features require a compatible Internet service provider;
               fees may apply.
           6. Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and
               terms apply.
    Upgrading to Lion
    If your computer does not meet the requirements to install Mountain Lion, it may still meet the requirements to install Lion.
    You can purchase Lion by contacting Customer Service: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes international calling numbers. The cost is $19.99 (as it was before) plus tax.  It's a download. You will get an email containing a redemption code that you then use at the Mac App Store to download Lion. Save a copy of that installer to your Downloads folder because the installer deletes itself at the end of the installation.
         Lion System Requirements
           1. Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7,
               or Xeon processor
           2. 2GB of memory
           3. OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
           4. 7GB of available space
           5. Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
    Upgrading to Mountain Lion
    To upgrade to Mountain Lion you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion installed. Purchase and download Mountain Lion from the App Store. Sign in using your Apple ID. Mountain Lion is $19.99 plus tax. The file is quite large, over 4 GBs, so allow some time to download. It would be preferable to use Ethernet because it is nearly four times faster than wireless.
         OS X Mountain Lion - System Requirements
           Macs that can be upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion
             1. iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
             2. MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
             3. MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
             4. MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
             5. Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
             6. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
             7. Xserve (Early 2009)
         Are my applications compatible?
             See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.
         Am I eligible for the free upgrade?
             See Apple - Free OS X Mountain Lion upgrade Program.
         For a complete How-To introduction from Apple see Upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion.
    How to Install OS X Updates Successfully
    A. Repair the Hard Drive and Permissions:
    Boot from your current OS X Installer disc. After the installer loads select your language and click on the Continue button. Then select Disk Utility from the Utilities menu. After DU loads select your hard drive entry (mfgr.'s ID and drive size) from the the left side list.  In the DU status area you will see an entry for the S.M.A.R.T. status of the hard drive.  If it does not say "Verified" then the hard drive is failing or failed. (SMART status is not reported on external Firewire or USB drives.) If the drive is "Verified" then select your OS X volume from the list on the left (sub-entry below the drive entry,) click on the First Aid tab, then click on the Repair Disk button. If DU reports any errors that have been fixed, then re-run Repair Disk until no errors are reported. If no errors are reported click on the Repair Permissions button. Wait until the operation completes, then quit DU and return to the installer. Now restart normally. 
    If DU reports errors it cannot fix, then you will need Disk Warrior (4.0 for Tiger) and/or TechTool Pro (4.5.2 for Tiger) to repair the drive. If you don't have either of them or if neither of them can fix the drive, then you will need to reformat the drive and reinstall OS X.
    B. Make a Bootable Backup Using Restore Option of Disk Utility:
      1. Open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder.
      2. Select the destination volume from the left side list.
      3. Click on the Restore tab in the DU main window.
      4. Check the box labeled Erase destination.
      5. Select the destination volume from the left side list and drag it to the
          Destination entry field.
      6. Select the source volume from the left side list and drag it to the
          Source entry field.
      7. Double-check you got it right, then click on the Restore button.
    Destination means the external backup drive. Source means the internal
    startup drive.
    C. Important: Please read before installing:
      1. If you have a FireWire hard drive connected, disconnect it before installing the update
          unless you will boot from this drive and install the update on it. Reconnect it and turn
          it back on after installation is complete and you've restarted.
      2. You may experience unexpected results if you have installed third-party system
           software modifications, or if you have modified the operating system through
           other means. (This does not apply to normal application software installation.)
      3. The installation process should not be interrupted. If a power outage or other
          interruption occurs during  installation, use the standalone installer (see below)
          from Apple Downloads to update.  While the installation  is in progress do not use
          the computer.
    D. To upgrade:
    Purchase the Snow Leopard Retail DVD.
    Boot From The OS X Installer Disc:
          1. Insert OS X Installer Disc into the optical drive.
          2. Restart the computer.
          3. Immediately after the chime press and hold down the "C" key.
          4. Release the key when the spinning gear below the dark gray Apple
              logo appears.
          5. Wait for installer to finish loading.
          6. Follow instructions.
    E. If updating:
      1. Download and install update(s) 
      2. Use Software Update, or
      3. Download standalone updater(s).

• I have a macbook pro, and am trying to update my software. I recently bought an iphone 5, and my software is to out of date to sync my phone with itunes. I currently am running 10.5.8 and I need to update to atleast 10.6.8. Just wondering if I need to pur

I have a macbook pro, and am trying to update my software. I recently bought an iphone 5, and my software is to out of date to sync my phone with itunes. I currently am running 10.5.8 and I need to update to atleast 10.6.8. Just wondering if I need to purchase it from apple or if there is an easy/free way to update it.

you need to purchase it: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard.  It is only on a disk, not in download form.

• I have recently upgraded my iMac Intel G5 iSight to OS 10.6.8 and now the internal mic does not work with skype or facebook. I can here static when playing back clips. Do I need to update firmware or reload old sys parts

I have recently upgraded my iMac Intel G5 iSight (iMac5,1) to OS 10.6.8 and now the internal mic does not work with skype or facebook. I can here static when playing back clips. Do I need to update firmware or reload old system parts. I have zapped PRAM. The blue indicator in system audio panel will appear for a second as I slide the bar for internal mic but then it disappears. Is there a fix?

The sound seems very faint but can here static on playback.

• If i reset my ipad can i install paye games for free if i sign back into my apple ID. Please i need help because i need to update my games but i need to put in this billing thing and i want to get rid of it so then i cant buy games with my credit card

If i reset my ipad can i install paye games for free if i sign back into my apple ID. Please i need help because i need to update my games but i need to put in this billing thing and i want to get rid of it so then i cant buy games with my credit card

Hello,
    As frustrating as it seems, your best to post any frustrations about the iPhone in the  iPhone discussion here:
    https://discussions.apple.com/community/iphone/using_iphone
    As this discussion is for iBook laptops.
    Best of Luck.

Maybe you are looking for

• "Hotel" wi-fi sharing single connection with multiple devices

Hi, Been reading lots of stuff on here over the last few days and bought 2 airport expresses the other day but I can't seem to get them working quite how I need: Ok, hotel wi-fi charges per connection - the wi-fi is unsecured (no key, yikes, no encry

• Itunes cannot open, missing msvcr80.dll, Help??

went to go download the new itunes today and even during the download it gives me a hard time in regards to "Apple Mobile Device" but even if it goes through it givves me a error saying missing MSVCR80.DLL CDoes anyone know a solution or has apple re

• JDBC Thin-Driver and Oracle Stored Procedure

I've got a Oracle stored procedure which returns a Oracle record. How can I retrieve the record in java using the JDBC Thin-Driver ? Record: TYPE messagerec IS RECORD (log_level VARCHAR(2), timestamp VARCHAR2(19), text VARCHAR2(200));

• CS3 Scripting Guide AppleScript

Shane Stanley wrote: > No, I have no financial link with Script Debugger, but I do think that > trying to script without it is a bit like having one hand tied behind your > back. > > We've talked of doing AppleScript Pro Sessions in Amsterdam, but al

• Bonjour Windows Doesn't show any printers

Hi, i got the ePrint app on my iphone and am trying to set it up. It shows two ways to connect either through bonjour or an ip address. I have the ip but it doesn't work when i type it in. Bonjour loads up fine it just doesn't show my printer, below