New Multitouch touch pad and old t500

Just saw the new multitouch new T series touch pad and was wondering if it could be integrated to the older t500. Would be nice to have the ability on my T series
Message Edited by rotonbanana on 07-02-2009 05:24 AM

Sorry,  the newer panels aren't backward compatable with the current generation of machines.
You could simply buy a new Thinkpad !!
Terry
LESE

Similar Messages

• I recently got a new ipod touch. My old ipod nano is synced to a mac computer at my mom's work. And my new ipod is synced to my pc computer at home. Is there a way i can get the songs from my old ipod to my new one?

I recently got a new ipod touch. My old ipod nano is synced to a mac computer at my mom's work. And my new ipod is synced to my pc computer at home. Is there a way i can get the songs from my old ipod to my new one?

Copy the music from Nano to computer by:
    Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device: Apple Support Communities
    Then just sync to the new device
    iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

• I bought a new ipod touch today and it connects to my wifi automatically... But I forgot my wifi password for my new iPod touch and I don't know how to find it in my old iPod?

I bought a new ipod touch today and it connects to my wifi automatically... But I forgot my wifi password for my new iPod touch and I don't know how to find it in my old iPod?

You can usually find the wi-fi password on your router itself if you know the router's ID and password (not the wi-fi password).  You can log into your router by putting its address (usually 192.168.1.1) into your browser's address window. 

• How do I connect a new Thunderbolt MBP to and old 23" HD Cinema Display ADC port

A question Im sure many have asked but I cant find a straight forward answer.
    I simply will be buying a new thunderbolt MBP 15 and NEED to connect it an old 23" Apple Cinema Display that uses the old ADC connector.
    Can I do it and if so how? I realise theres a potential under powering issue?
    Thanks

Hello Sigh
    I am sure there is no way to get your ADC connector display to function with your new Mac Book Pro.
    I tried everying I could and gave up and purchased a 24" Apple refurbbished Cinema Display for $599 + tax on 4/27/2011. The Apple part number is FBXXXXL/A, Model A1287.
    Gave my  year 2002 ADC 22" display to a friend.
    d
    Sent- Tuesday, August 9, 2011-- 3:49 PM(Pacific Time)
    Don Macdonald
    < Edited by Host >
    Re: How do I connect a new Thunderbolt MBP to and old 23" HD Cinema Display ADC port Jul 8, 2011 4:58 PM (in response to Russy47)
    Got my new MBP 2011 today. Hooked it up to my 23" Apple Cinema Display fine, using the Apple DVI to ADC converter > Mini Display port adaptors. I could then mirror display, but only at 1440 x 900 resolution.
    My dream is to have it like my old laptop--I mostly leave it shut, and main display is on the Cinema Display. So far, if I close the laptop lid on my new MBP, display shuts off. Also, can't get it to bump up the resolution to 1920.
    Sigh.

• I use MacbookPro late 2011 with Maverick, when i put iPhone 5 or another cellphone askew on left corner of touch pad and slide it to keyboard, the macbook will sleep, i don't know what the problem is, it occur on another macbook pro late 2011

I use MacbookPro late 2011 with Maverick, when i put iPhone 5 or another cellphone askew on left corner of touch pad and slide it to keyboard, the macbook will sleep, i don't know what the problem is, it occur on another macbook pro late 2011

It may well be a driver issue but considering the loading: Xorg trying to load different drivers is somewhat normal. @cafe you can see that these are autoconfigured by X above the loading in the log:
    Jul 20 19:48:24 arch gdm-Xorg-:0[216]: (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 0
    Jul 20 19:48:24 arch gdm-Xorg-:0[216]: (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 1
    Jul 20 19:48:24 arch gdm-Xorg-:0[216]: (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 2
    Jul 20 19:48:24 arch gdm-Xorg-:0[216]: (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 3
    Jul 20 19:48:24 arch gdm-Xorg-:0[216]: (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 4
    As long as one of the drivers gets loaded, which it apparently does the failing of the others is fine.
    Was there an update maybe ?

• Cracked screen on ipod touch can't get in to it. did a back up with it and tried to put it on new ipod touch 5 and now it keeps talking and won't let me in or turn off.  how can i restore to nothing

Cracked ipod touch screen and it won't let me in or turn off.  Tried to back it up and put on new ipod touch 5 and now it's not working and doing the same thing. I tried to restore to orginal  but it won't let me any suggestions?

Try:
    - iOS: Not responding or does not turn on
    - Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
    How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings
    - If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
    - Try on another computer                            
    - If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
      Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar                                              
    When the above says to restore via iTunes, restore to factory settings/new iPod, not from backup

• I'm new to I pad and want to delete an I podcast I don't want. How?

I am new to I pad and want to delete a podcast I don't want?  How?

If it's an audio podcast and is in the Music app, then on the podcast selection screen press and hold the podcast that you don't want for a couple of seconds and you should get an 'x' on its top left corner - tap that and it should be deleted

• Touch pad and keyboard not working!

Just the other day while my computer was starting up i took a tissue and started to clean it. Then the password screen popped up. I typed in the password and started to browse the web. After about 1 minute, my touch pad and keyboard stopped working! I tried to restart the computer and it did nothing. I then restored the computer to this morning ( the update my computer did while it was turning on also the time i was cleaning it. ) and it still did nothin. Please help with this problem, right now im using a USB mouse and a on screen keyboard!
    I am using a HP pavilion g7 running windows 7 and AMD a6 vision.
    product key: P9BXR-F3G4G-HQD6J-XBMJP-93QKT 
     please help me
     BTW i did press somekeys while cleaning the laptop.

Yes I installed the right drivers before trying to dual-boot with Linux. The issue was there from the beginning. But the issue appears only after 1 or 2 hours of use. It was mandatory for me to install Linux, for my studies. So I hope it doesn't break the warranty, because it would be unfair for people who need to do what I did.
    The problem is that I am right now in Finland, but I am French and I bought my netbook when I was in France. So if I send it back to HP France, it will take weeks and weeks to get it back here, and shipping cost will be really expensive, and I will be without computer during several weeks, which is impossible for me as I need it for my studies. That is why I want to go to HP Finland and ask them. I know I could call them but the last timeI called HP France, I waited for hours and didn't get any answer on the phone.

• LAPTOP TOUCH PAD AND NUMERIC KEYBOARD

I want to turn off the touch pad and I want the numeric key pad to work.

Hi Trevor6050,
    I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Forums! 
    I see that you would like to turn off your touch pad and turn on the numeric keypad. I can help you with both of these requests.
    For the touch pad here is a YouTube video that will walk you right through turning off your touch pad. How to Disable the Laptop Touchpad in Windows 7
    For the numeric keypad, here is a document for How to Use the Numeric Keypad on Your Laptop with very straight forward steps on how to enable your numeric keyboard.
    I hope this information helps, please let me know how it goes.
    Good luck and have a great day!
    I worked on behalf of HP.

• Ideapad S400 left touch pad and clicker not working

I've had this device for less than a year now, and all of a sudden the left touch pad and clicker are not properly working. If i try to click on something sometimes it doesnt work. I've tried about anything I can think of to see if it would help and so far nothing is working. Now let me mention that it doesnt happen all the time sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Yes I installed the right drivers before trying to dual-boot with Linux. The issue was there from the beginning. But the issue appears only after 1 or 2 hours of use. It was mandatory for me to install Linux, for my studies. So I hope it doesn't break the warranty, because it would be unfair for people who need to do what I did.
    The problem is that I am right now in Finland, but I am French and I bought my netbook when I was in France. So if I send it back to HP France, it will take weeks and weeks to get it back here, and shipping cost will be really expensive, and I will be without computer during several weeks, which is impossible for me as I need it for my studies. That is why I want to go to HP Finland and ask them. I know I could call them but the last timeI called HP France, I waited for hours and didn't get any answer on the phone.

• Only use 7 days, and my touch pad and keyboard is broken

High Price and Low Quality.
    My Macbok Air 2011, I brought in Aug. 2011 on Apple Store, was broken. After checking by apple engineer, touch pad and keyboard is not working.
    From 9/17 to date, my computer is still repairing and I cannot use it.
    I think apple should compensate this and extend my warranty...........
    After this, I think apple already lose the credit for me. If I can return for this goods, I would like to return my AIR and get my money back.
    The Macbook air waste my time and let me very very unhappy now.

See Here  >  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808
    You may need to try this More than Once...

• TS2446 I got a new iPod touch 5 and because of security reasons they asked me my security questions that I forgot the answers to. Please help!

I got a new iPod touch 5 and because of security reasons they asked me my security questions that I forgot the answers to. Please help! I made the answers a long time ago. Thank you!

If you have a rescue email address (which is not the same thing as an alternate email address) set up on your account then you can try going to https://appleid.apple.com/ and click 'Manage your Apple ID' on the right-hand side of that page and log into your account. Then click on 'Password and Security' on the left-hand side of that page and on the right-hand side you might see an option to send security question reset info to your rescue email address.
    If you don't have a rescue email address then see if the instructions on this user tip helps : https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4551

• I had an old ipod, battery went dead so I just bought a new ipod touch but my old pc doesn't read the new one, when I attach it to my pc it says "camera detected" how to I get the new ipod touch to connect to the pc so that I can download songs?

I had an old ipod which I had downloaded songs from my pc..I bought a new Ipod touch and want to download songs onto my new ipod touch when I attach the ipod to my pc it reads "camera detected" I have a mac air as well but all my songs are on the pc. I want to download songs onto my ipod touch from the pc can any one help me?
    Les

This may help you find your iTune account:
    Frequently Asked Questions About Apple ID
    Without knowing your old account info there is nothing you can do.

• How do I track an old (stolen) ipod touch if I already synced a new ipod touch with the old information without knowing it would not allow me to track my old ipod but my new one instead?

I lost my iPod touch (4th generation) over a week ago and did not think I installed the icloud on it. When I was setting up my new iPod touch (4th generation),
    I saw that it automatically shows an option for icloud. That made me realize that I probably did install icloud in my old ipod. The problem is that I synced my old ipod with my new ipod on the computer. I thought if I didn't I would loose all of my old infomation. So now evertyime I use the app to find my iPod, it finds my new one. It shows only one device located under it. Is there a way I could find the old iPod? Or could I restore my new iPod and find the old one that way? I'm afraid if I restore it I would loose all my information from my old ipod.

That makes no difference in finding/tracking your lost/stolen device.
    The old device will only show up in icloud.com if you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.
    - You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.
    - If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
    - Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police
    - There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it.
    - Apple will do nothing without a court order                         
    Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product                                        
    - iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

• I wanted the music on my Ipod Touch 3g to be on my new ipod Touch 4g and Ive been trying to do it, by trying to copy and paste but thats not working so if you have another way can you please tell me. Thanks.

I was wondering how do you get the music on your old ipod to the new ipod?
    Because i have the Ipod Touch 3G and im getting the Ipod4G, and i was trying to get the music to go to the libary but it wouldnt transfer.Because i didnt purchase all my music i download some from other places so not all my music transferred. So i need a different way to get my music to my new Ipod. i was wondering if you just plug it in to the computer and if it would ask you to download the songs from the previous ipod im not sure so please help me out. Thanks!

All you have to do is connect your new iPod to the computer that has the library for your old iPod.
    When iTunes comes up, click on your new iPod under Devices.
    At the top of the Summary Page click Music.
    Click Synch Music.
    Do the same thing for Photos, Apps, Movies and so on...
    Now just synch the iPod.

Maybe you are looking for

• Creating an image slideshow as an animated gif in flash

So before asking anything, let me start off by stating that calling myself an amateur flash user is an understatement (once I animated a circle moving across the screen and became more proud of myself than I should have been...). that being said, I h

• Looking for a software - Interactive Calendar

Hey Everyone, I'm not quite sure if what I'd like to do exists on the market, but I'm hoping that someone may have an idea for what I could do to make my idea come to life. I'm a rep on the road and have lots of events & activities that I need to spe

• [P6N SLI Platinum] black screen NO BOOT after D-bracket replug [RMA-SOLVED]

Quick setup specs; P6N SLI Platinum E6600 (box/stock 2400mhz basic) 2x 1Gb DDR2 6400 Gskill HZ Sapphire ATI X1600Pro (PCI-e basic) Aerocool Zero DBA 620W (2 HDs sata, 2 Hds pata, 2 optical pata at first -all OK at first, disconnected after, so irrele

• Oracle Spatial operator SQL statement help

I have a 3D elevation point feature class (elev) and a polygon feature class (Building) loaded in Oracle Spatial. I am trying to update the "HEIGHT" attribute of the "Building" Feature class using the average elevation of "elev" feature class. Here b

• Smart Media or SD card?

I have the iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2011  10.9.5 OS X with 20Gb RAM But I am looking at getting a sampler/drum machine that uses either Smart Media, or SD cards (choice of both but they are rare!) Anyway my question is, which slot do I have in the side of