Newby with a T430 and T420

Hi all I am hoping this forum will help me. I have a Lenovo T420 and aT430 T420 I7 2640M cpu @ 2.8ghz8g ram T430 I7 3520 cpu @ 2.9ghz16gb ramssd 840 evo 120gb for startup I have put 750gb black HD in both of these in the dvd player using a caddy, the one in the 430 make no sound and is hardly on at all but the one in the 420 seems to be on most or all of the time. I am not very savvy on computers but would love to get the max i can out of these thinkpads would like to put a ssd in the 420 and another 8gb ram to make it 16 same as the 430 as the 430 runs very well.what is the max size ssd that can be used in the 420, i have heard that there is a limit, any help will make my day. cheers

There is no limit, though you will probably need to use UEFI if you want to use a disk over 2TB.

Similar Messages

• SSD rails for T430s and T420

I am not technical - let me state that up front
    I recently bought 2 SSD SATAIII hard drives to put in a 430s and a 420.  The drives fit......but the rails that I have don't seem to fit once I apply the caddy around the new 7mm hard drive - now I'm looking for rails for these 2 drives - any help is much appreciated - an amazon link to what I need to ensure I get the right part would be ideal
    Thanks a lot

Skoop has  you headed in the right direction.  I'll add a couple of details.
    Both of those laptops use a sort of internal carrier for the HDDs.  It wraps the drive and has a pair of rubber rails that fill the space between the carrier and the sides of the HDD slot.  You said that there were no drives.  Are the carriers also missing?  eBay may be your friend there.
    Depending on the carrier used in the T420 you may need a spacer to make a 7mm drive fit properly.  Some SSDs come with a spacer.  I can't tell if that Intel drive does.
    Here are the Hardware Maintenance Manual links.  You can see what the drive carriers look like.
    Hardware Maintenance Manual - ThinkPad T420, T420i 
    Hardware Maintenance Manual
    [edit] Just to add another wrinkle:  both of those laptops can take an mSATA SSD - if the slot isn't occupied already by a WWAN card.
    Z.
    The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.  The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество

• 2 External Monitors with the T430s with Intel HD4000

I have read several multiple monitor threads but could not get a clear solution to this.
    Model: I have a T430s with Intel HD4000 graphics.
    Desired set up: 2 External Monitors + Lenovo LCD
    Problem: It seems that I can only drive one external monitor. I'd like to drive two external monitors, as I did previously with my T420.
    What I've tried: I have a dock and have tried VGA + DVI for the external monitors, as well as DVI + DVI. Neither setup has worked. It always greys out the third monitor in the Windows Display options.
    Any thoughts on how to drive two external monitors with the T430s? Clarity is appreciated. Thank you!

RobertWerner2 wrote:
    If I'm reading the link you provided correctly, can I correctly assume that I CAN connect two external displays with just the W520 Laptop and NO docking station?
    I tested this today.  You can connect two external displays (1 VGA, 1 DisplayPort) without a docking station.  The result is 3 independent displays - the ThinkPad LCD, the VGA monitor, and the DisplayPort monitor. 

• T430s and Backlit Keyboard FRU... is it possible?

Got my T430s today. Has the new keyboard BUT doesn't have the backlit feature. Hmm....
    Is it possible to swap out the keyboard with one that does (like the one on the T430)?  Does anyone have any experience and/or FRU that works? I loved the dual light levels and the backlighting better than the overhead option.
    Cheers,
    JIM
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Good day.
    I don't know if the T430 keyboards are interchangeable with the T430s, but you could compare the FRU P/Ns found in each model's Parts Listing. Or, you could just source a T430s backlit keyboard using the appropriate P/N. The keyboards are CRU.
    T430 parts: http://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/t430_t430i_fru_bom_20130307.pdf
    T430s parts: http://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/t430s_fru_bom_20121227.pdf
    T430s hardware maintenance manual: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=UM014461
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Regards.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Community Resources: Participation Rules • Images in posts • Search (Advanced) • Private Messaging
    PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
    X1C3 Helix X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p Y3P • T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Y2P Y13
    I am not a Lenovo employee.

• Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 with ASP coldfusion and PHP search?

I am working through Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 with ASP
    coldfusion and PHP with the intent of creating a data base site
    that primarily requires a search engine on the index page. The
    search page in the book uses specific search criteria ensuring that
    there will always be a match to the data base but I need to create
    an input text field search engine. My Q, if there is no data within
    the data base that match the variable, will it return with an error
    requiring an argument in the code to respond to no matching data.
    Hopefully there are comprehensive online recourses for these search
    engines as they are so common. I am a complete newby to all aspects
    of web development and code so it will need to be a thorough
    explanation, an idiots guide. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED

Rob,
    Let me try to answer your questions, understanding that my
    answers are laced with my experience and therefore my bias.
    1. For the most part the SQL that you write for Access, MS
    SQL or MySQL is going to be the same. I won't make that claim about
    Oracle or PostgreSQL because I have limited or no experience in
    those areas. To be sure when you head down the road with any DBMS
    there are finer points on 'value added' features (to over simplify
    things like MS SQL's Transact SQL), but for the most part when you
    are pulling out, inserting or deleting records the SQL that you
    write will be the same. In fact, I don't think I had to make any of
    the SQL in the book different to deal with the back end db.
    2. As for your host steering you away from MySQL, I don't
    know why that would be. It is MUCH more stable and robust than
    Access for web development. My research showed that you can use
    MySQL just fine with ASP though that clearly wouldn't be
    Microsoft's first choice.
    3. A quick aside, the fact that you are building ASP on a Mac
    would seem to indicate that you are developing on your production
    server. That's never a good idea. Go local if you can. If you have
    a newer Intel Mac you can use VM Fusion, Parallels or even Boot
    Camp to run Windows in a virtual environment and develop there,
    only moving your code to production when you are happy with it.
    There is of course the fact that they two environments would not be
    identical and you may need to change a few references, but it is
    still a better practice than developing on your live site. Some web
    hosts give you the ability to set up a subdomain. If yours does,
    you could set one up with a duplicate of your site and develop
    there.
    4. Let me try to pull your 'rant-let' apart into two issue. I
    begin with a question. I'm not sure what the Mac part has to do
    with it. The primary language I work in at my day job is
    ColdFusion. The majority of the most serious developers I know in
    the CF world work on Macs. I am forced into the PC world because of
    a cultural bias at the business school where I work. Having said
    that, the only time I have felt there was ANY difference in the
    tools, resources, choices I had was in any way affected by platform
    was when Adobe still had not released Flex Builder 2 for the Mac.
    Now that is behind us as well. This reaction of mine may be based
    on the fact that Access never comes into play in the work that I
    do. I regularly work with MS SQL and MySQL. (OK, so SQL Enterprise
    Manager, the MS tool of choice to talk to MS SQL is Windows only,
    but I only use that at the day job. But even there you can find
    cross-platform, free tools like Aqua Data Studio to talk from a Mac
    to MS SQL.) If I'm missing your point on the Mac, please let me
    know. Since the advent of the Intel Mac I think it is hands-down
    the best choice for a web developer. You can have Mac, Windows and
    Unix all on one machine. It doesn't get any better (providing you
    have the RAM :-)).
    As for the security question, it is somewhat analogous to the
    war on viruses and spyware. As the defenses get better, so do the
    attacks. Most languages have developed functions for vetting user
    input variables and best practices for building these things. It is
    mainly a user education issue. When I took over the book you are
    working out of, the one thing Jeffrey told me it needed was more
    security. I did my best to put more in under the constraints of the
    publisher. They didn't want the book to be any longer than the
    previous version. I did my best to modify the code used to include
    "string safe" functions and to add verbiage about the importance of
    security. It was clear that I could not add as much as was needed
    and I said so in the book. Much more is needed for a serious
    treatment of the subject and not acknowledging that would have been
    a disservice to the readers. I've been working as a developer for
    over a decade and I don't know all there is to know about it. It's
    a constantly changing field, just like all of web development. In
    fact next week I'm going through a 2-day SANS Web Application
    Security workshop in hopes of learning more. So at the risk of
    sounding like an industry apologist, I don't think it's a
    shortcoming of the development community. It is, as they say, "a
    developing situation".
    HTH,
    Bob
    http://bobflynn.info/

• Dock Compatibil​ity between T430 and newer T440?

I have a T430, purchased 12 months ago which I love and a 433835U mini dock plus series 3 (170w) Docking station.  I would like to get a new laptop for my wife and would like one that can plug into the same dock so she can use the 2 large screens and desk setup easily.  It appears the T440 or T440p are the replacements to the T430.  It is probably asking too much to think that one of these might be compatible with my ultrabay CD/DVD drive from my T430 but if so that would really seal the deal.  Can anyone tell me if the T440 or T440p is compatible with my dock and/or my ultrabay drive?
    Much Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!
    AFAIK, the answer to both of your questions is "no".
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• T430 and t530 pricing

Hi,
    I was just on Lenovo's shopping website and am wondering why the T430 and T530 both start at exactly the same price (779 USD) with the same hardware. However, the T530 is obviously wider, heavier, and has a larger screen, so one would expect for the T530 to cost slightly more. This makes me wonder: does the T430 have a slighty better and stronger chassis than the T530, or are there any cost cutting methods done on the T530? It simply doesn't make sense to price both at the same starting price when one seems to use more material than the other. Thanks.
    -Brian
    My Thinkpads: T42 (GPU failure), T60, W530
    W530: Windows 7 Pro | i7-3720qm | FHD screen | 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 500GB Ultrabay HDD | 16gb Crucial RAM | Nvidia K1000m

Heh. As an owner of T530 and L430, I can assure you that there is a chance you'll experience some problems with the chassis. Creaking around touchpad, bending on one side of the palmrest area and as far as T530 goes, you'll definitely notice wobbly area between Expresscard slot and SD card reader. Although my L430 spent a few days at EZ-Serv (due to WiFi adapter issues) and although it has been opened and then put back together, I am still disappointed because I'm experiencing significant creaking between upper part and lower part of the L430's body (on both sides of the palmrest area). As far as T530 goes, right side of the palmrest area is not "hanging to" the rest of the chassis as it should (I can definitely notice some bending and creaking) and as time goes by (6 months) I've also noticed that area below the touchpad is also very, very flimsy. Also, area around volume +/-, mute mic/speakers buttons is extremely poorly made. So, to make the looong story short. It's up to you. Larger screen or a smaller one. Also, not sure if T430 has a i7 Quad option (just i7 Dual Core). But having in mind Lenovo is clearly experiencing some shortage of i7 Quad processors for the T series, that shouldn't be a problem.
    T530: i7-3630QM, 4 GB DDR3-1600, NVS 5400M, 2x 500GB 7200RPM, 9-cell, HD+ 1600x900, Backlit US, WinXP Pro
    L430: i3-2370M, 4 GB DDR3-1600, HD 3000, 320GB 7200RPM, 6-cell, HD 1366 x 768, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit

• Lenovo T420 and T420s Ultrabay

Im curious if anybody can help me with this question.
    Will the Ultrabay slot in the t420 and t420s support Sata 3 drives?
    Im thinking of purchasing one of these laptops and wanted to replace the optical drive with an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD for my operating system.

What you like for screen is certainly individual but I have had it with a Hi Res glossy glass covered screens like the IPAD and the MB Pro. 
    I try and watch movies on my monthly cross country flights on my IPAD and all I can see is myself.  Even MBP now has an option for a matte screen.  Yes, a lot of people like that glary screen because it oversaturates colors, but that doesn't work for me.
    Even when I look at photos I prefer true colors as opposed to oversaturated.
    Perry
    Perry
    W520, I7 2720QM, M4 512 GB SSD OS/Program Disk, C300 256 GB Data Disk in Ultrabay Caddy; X220, I7 2620, Samsung 256 GB SSD, Intel 310 mSata Drv, T61, ancient but working, Asus MoBo, I7 2600k overclocked

• Connecting Dell WFP3007 monitor with Lenovo T430s

Hey guys,
    I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T430s with a Nvidia 5200M graphics card and I try to connect that system with my 30" flatscreen with max. resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels (Dell WFP 3007). Unfortunately it is not working, but I thought the Nvidia 5200M would support it. I also have the dockingstation "Mini Dock Plus Series 3" with 2 DVI and 1 VGA port which supports 2 external monitors.
     Since my 30" Dell monitor is > 8 years old it only has a DVI dual link output. So I guess I have to try an adapter that converts DVI dual link signal into DisplayPort (for the docking) or mini DisplayPort (for the T430s). Does anyone know if this works out anyhow? Is it important that the adapter is active or passive? Could I use this Apple adapter for my reason >> http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB571Z/A/mini-displayport-to-dual-link-dvi-adapter ?
    Kind regards,
    Inge

I don't this is the right board to post that kind of question. I suggest to post it under "T400 / T500 and newer T series ThinkPad Laptops". Done
    In any case, you say "it is not working" without being more specific. What exactly happens, after you attached the external display and pressed fn-F7?
    Moderator comment: Post merged in. Subject edited to match.
    thanks
    Wilfried
    L530 2478-25G Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit; R500 2733-6RG XP SP3; T42p; T30 ... and several other models of IBM TPs in the past since 1996

• Help!!! I force inserted a 9.5mm SSD into the harddrive slot of T430 and can't take it out.

Help!!!
    Just got my new T430 and did some hardwar upgrade.
    Bought an Intel 520 Series 180G SSD. Thougth it was 7mm. (But later found out 520 series come in two sizes 7 and 9.5mm)
    I took out the original HDD (with rubber rails) and forced inserted the SSD into the empty harddrive slot.
    Now it's really securely stuck in the slot  and I can't think of a way to get it out. 
    Called customer service, they say it's not their original configuration so not under warranty. they suggest I go to a local computer shop. 
    Can someone give me some suggestions about what I should do ??  
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

You can often get access to the drive by removing the palmrest, but T430 has a 1-piece palmrest-keyboard bezel and they are harder to get off. DON'T MAKE IT WORSE. If you are not sure what you are doing, take it to a dealer. You might feel stupid asking for that kind of help, but you will REALLY feel stupid if you break your new, expensive machine.

• How do I use edge commons composition loader to load multiple compositions with a next and back button?

I am working on an interactive book and have set up each page as a separate composition in edge.
    I am using  the edge commons JS library to load multiple compositions into a main composition.
    You can see how this works here: Edge Commons - Extension Library for Edge Animate and Edge Reflow | EdgeDocks.com
    The way the edge commons tutorial is set up requires a button for each composition i want to load. I am interested in loading multiple compositions with a "next" and "back" button, and a "swipe left, "swipe right" gesture on the content symbol that each composition is loaded into. I also need the swipe features on the content symbol not to interfere with the interactive elements on the loaded composition.
    Please suggest a solution that will work without adding additional scripts beyond edge commons and jquery.

Sort of. I'm using this code inside an action for a button symbol. But it doesn't work perfectly. Trying to debug it.
    Let me know if you have any luck.
    //Check to see if pageCounter already exists
    if (typeof EC.pageCounter === 'undefined') {
      // it doesn't exist so initialize it to first page
        EC.pageCounter = 2;
    //check if the page is only 1 digit -- patch for single digit
    if (EC.pageCounter < 9) {
       // it is, so we need to pad a 0 on the front.
      EC.pageCounterString = "0" + EC.pageCounter;
      //e.g.  01 ...09,11,12,13....115,222352,,....
    else {
      EC.pageCounterString = EC.pageCounter;
    EC.loadComposition(EC.pageCounterString + "/publish/web/" + EC.pageCounterString + ".html", sym.$("container"));
    EC.pageCounter = EC.pageCounter + 1;
    //TODO for back  -1

• Stock on posting date with storagelocation,batch and stock types informatio

Hi,
    I'm needing a report (similar funtion of MB5B) which must reveal the stock postion (closing balance) of the materials on a particular date alongwith storage loactions, batches and stocktypes (Unres/Q/Blkd).As such MB5B either gives the output either by storage location or by batch, not the combination of both.
    Else provide any possibilty means( Database tables) from where i could arrive these mention outputs.
    I could be able to get the information by collecting the values from MKPF & MSEG tables. But this information only suffice the material movements carried on that particular date.. And i will be not having the closing balance as a whole.
    I even wonder to get any such a kind of information in which i could able to get the stock with stock types(Unres/Q/Blkd).
    Any light on this matter is highly appreciable.
    Regards
    Prasanna

Hi Amit Bakshi,
    Thanks for the reply..
    I executed the suggested program but i found the same kind of information aslike in MB5B..
    The information all i'm looking is to get the closing balance of the given material with storagelocations, batches and stock types on a given posting date.
    For eg.
    On 15 / 03 / 2011
    Material A
    Batch       Slocation       Stock type               Closing balance Qty.
    A1              S001               Unres.                             50
    A1              S002               Unres                            120
    B1              S001               Quality                             15
    C1              S003               Blocked                            30
    In MB5B i could able to get the values of closing balance either Storage location level or by batch level but is it possible to get the combination of both along with stock types?
    Reg
    Prasanna

• How do I Help Apple Care Stop Warring with Each Other and Fix the Problem with My iPhone that They Acknowledge Creating?

How Do I Help Apple US & Apple Europe Stop Warring With Each Other And Fix The Problem They Created?
    PROBLEM
    Apple will not replace, as promised, the iPhone 5 (A1429 GSM model) that they gave me in London, UK, with an iPhone 5 (A1429 CDMA model).
    BACKGROUND
    My iPhone 5 (A1429 CDMA model) was purchased this year in September on an existing Verizon Wireless (VZW) line using an upgrade. The purchase took place in California and the product was picked up using Apple Personal Pickup through the Cerritos Apple Retail Store. I will refer to this phone at my "original" phone.
    The original phone was taken into the Apple Store Regent Street in London, England, UK on November 15, 2012. The reason for this visit was that my original phone's camera would not focus.
    The Apple Store Regent Street verified there was a hardware problem but was unable to replace the part.
    The Apple Store Regent Street had me call the US AppleCare. At first they denied support, but then a supervisor, name can be provided upon request, approved the replacement of my original phone with an iPhone 5 (A1429 GSM model) as a temporary solution until I got back in the US. And approved that the GSM model would be replaced with a CDMA model when I came back to the US. I will refer to the GSM model as the "replacement". They gave me the case number --------.
    The Apple Store Regent Street gave me the replacement and took the original. The first replacement did not work for reasons I do not understand. They switched out the replacement several times until they got one that worked on the T-Mobile nano SIM card that I had purchased in England, UK. Please refer to the repair IDs below to track the progression of phones given to me at the Apple Store Regent Street:
    Repair ID ----------- (Nov 15)
    Repair ID ----------- (Nov 16)
    Repair ID ----------- (Nov 16)
    The following case number was either created in the UK or France between November 15 to November 24. Case number -----------
    On November 19, 2012, I went to France and purchased an Orange nano SIM card. The phone would not activate like the first two repair IDs above.
    On November 24, 2012, I went to the Apple Store Les Quatre Temps. The Genius told me that my CDMA phone should not have been replaced with a GSM model in the UK and that this was clearly Apple's fault. They had me call the AppleCare UK.
    My issue was escalated to a tier 2 UK AppleCare agent. His contact information can be provided upon request. He gave me the case number -----------.
    The UK tier 2 agent became upset when he heard that I was calling from France and that the France Apple Store or France AppleCare were not helping me. He told me that my CDMA phone should not have been replaced with a GSM model in the UK and that this was clearly Apple's fault.
    The UK tier 2 agent said he was working with engineers to resolve my problem and would call me back the next day on November 25, 2012.
    While at the Apple Store Les Quatre Temps, a Genius switched the phone given to from repair ID ----------- with a new one that worked with the French nano SIM card.
    Also, while at the Apple Store Les Quatre Temps, I initiated a call with AppleCare US to get assistance because it seems that AppleCare UK was more upset that France was not addressing the issue rather than helping me. I have email correspondance with the AppleCare US representative.
    A Genius at the Apple Store Les Quatre Temps switched the replacement with a new GSM model that worked on the French SIM card but would not work if restored, received a software update, or had the SIM card changed. This is the same temporary solution I received from the Apple Store Regent Street in the UK.
    By this point, I had spent between 12-14 hours in Apple Store or on the phone with an AppleCare representative.
    Upon arriving in the US, I went to my local Apple Store Brea Mall to have the replacement switched with a CDMA model. They could not support me. He told me that my CDMA phone should not have been replaced with a GSM model in the UK and that this was clearly Apple's fault. My instructions were to call AppleCare US again.
    My call with AppleCare US was escalated to a Senior Advisor, name can be provided upon request, and they gave me the case number -----------. After being on the phone with him for over an hour, his instructions were to call the Apple Store Regent Street and tell them to review my latest notes. They were to process a refund for a full retail priced iPhone 5 64BG black onto my credit card so that I could use that money to buy a new iPhone 5 64GB black at the Apple Store Brea Mall to reoslve the problem.
    The Apple Store Regent Street did not process my refund. He, name can be provided upon request, told me that the AppleCare US did not do a good job reviewing my case, that they were incapable of getting to the bottom of it like they were, and instructed me to call AppleCare US and tell them to review this case number and this repair id. I asked if he read the notes from the AppleCare US Senior Advisor and he would not confirm nor deny. When I offered to give him the case number he accepted but it seemed like would do no good. Our call was disconnected. When I tried calling back the stores automated system was turned on and I could not get back through.
    Now I have the full retail price of an iPhone 5 64GB black CDMA on my credit card and Apple will not process the refund as they said they would.
    I've, at this point, spent between 14-16 hours at Apple Stores or on the phone with AppleCare representatives, and still do not have the problem resolved.
    SOLUTION
    AppleCare US and AppleCare Europe need to resolve their internal family issues without further impacting their customers.
    Apple is to process a refund to my credit card for the cost of a full retail priced iPhone 5 64GB black.
    DESIRED OUTCOMES
    I have an iPhone 5 (A1429 CDMA model) that works in the US on VZW as it did before I received the replacement phone in the UK.
    Apple covers the cost of the solution because I did not create the problem.
    Apple resolves their internal issue without costing me more time, energy, or money.
    This becomes a case study for AppleCare so that future customers are not impacted like I have been by their support system.
    Does anyone have recommendations for me?
    Thank you!
    <Edited by Host>

Thanks, but I've been on the phone with AppleCare US (where I am and live) and AppleCare UK. They continue bouncing me back and forth without helping resolve the problem.
    Perhaps someones knows how to further escalate the issue at Apple?

• I have 2 macbooks each with an account for me and one for my wife. I use one Macbook logged in with my account and my wife uses the other Macbook only loged in on her account. We both make regular time-machine back-ups each on a separate external disk

I have 2 Macbooks each with an account for me and one for my wife. I use one Macbook logged in with my account and my wife uses the other Macbook only logged in on her account. We both make regular time-machine back-ups each on a separate external disk. Is it possible to update her account on my macbook using her external disk without overwriting my stuff on the same Macbook and vice versa?

Time Machine does not do individual accounts. It records the complete drive. So if you were to use her TM backup on your Mac it would make your Mac just like hers. Both yours and her account on your MAC.
    Just copy the missing files over from her Mac to yours. If there are differennt programs on each then they would need to be installed on both.

• My Outlook/iCloud calendar invites to others appear to work on my end and sync with my PC and mobile, but when other people "accept" the invite, it will not populate/add in to their calendar. How can i fix this without turning off iCloud?

My Outlook/iCloud calendar invites to others appear to work on my end and sync with my PC and mobile, but when other people "accept" the invite, it will not populate/add in to their calendar. How can I fix this without turning off iCloud?
    I am at a new office that uses Outlook (not Outlook Exchange) which does not sync with my mobile... I just got iCloud set up on my PC to sync my contacts, calendar, reminders, etc... The sync worked (not without flaws, but the other issues seem solvable... I think), so that i can now see all my appointments on both my phone and on my PC. The problem I am having is that iCloud moved all of my calendar items from Outlook into iCloud calendar and now when I send out meeting/calendar invites the recipients may accept them, but the meeting does not get added to their calendar. This is a huge problem and may mean that i need to turn off iCloud.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks!

I am replying to my own post here as I seem to have fixed the problem.
    I do have some calendars that are shared. Some of those are shared with users who have time zone support turned on. So i activated time zone support on my iphone, then deleted my icloud subscription. I then signed in to icloud again and voila... problem solved.
    It is a weird one as the other calendar views were always fine and when you opened an event that appeared in the wrong day (on list view), the correct date of the event was shown in the information...
    one more bug in a complicated system I guess

Maybe you are looking for