No Left Click on T60

Hi All,
Recently bought a T60 and installed Windows XP Pro. I cannot get it to recognise a left click using either the trackpad or stick button, or in fact by tapping the track pad. Right button works OK, external USB mouse works fine.
Have installed all drivers including the synaptics ones, checked mouse / touchpad config nothing seems odd. The only driver still reporting an error is the Intel 82801 LPC interface which I odnt seem to be able to find the drivers for.
Normally I'd assume a hardware problem but it's odd that all 3 methods of left clicking are broken. The previous owner tells me he used it almost exclusively in a docking station (and it looks very clean)
Any one got any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Pete

Hi All,
Looks like is was caused by a short circuit on the left button. Because the button is allways on pressing the others had no effect. DIsconecting the trackpad buttons fixed the problem.
Thanks for to those that looked
Pete

Similar Messages

• My left click does not work on my track pad on my macbook pro 13 inch, is there a fix

my left click does not work on my track pad on my macbook pro 13 inch, is there a fix

I recommend you to run Apple Hardware Test > http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1509 It's possible that something is damaged, and Apple Hardware Test will help you finding it. Make sure you tick the option to run an extended test, and connect your Mac to the charger.
    If your Mac came with DVDs, you have to insert the Mac OS X DVD to run Apple Hardware Test. As you haven't got the SuperDrive, you will have to buy an external optical drive

• Satellite C650D - left click on touchpad does not work

Hi,
    The left click on my touchpad has stopped working. It works *very* occasionally but mostly it doesn't. It also freezes the screen if I try to click it too often (in a fit of temper usually ;) )
    A USB mouse works fine, which is okay when I'm working on my desk but means I can no longer use my laptop on my lap! The tap click does work, but I don't like using it.
    I reinstalled the drivers and that hasn't solved it. I turned the laptop upside down and gave it a good shake to get rid of any crumbs etc under the mouse and that hasn't solved it either.
    Any other ideas?

Hi
    Could be possible that there is a mechanical problem with the touchpad button
    Pressing the button too often might lead to the system freezing because of the CPU stress and load.
    In my opinion the touchpad board or the single button (if possible) should be replaced.

• The left-click options in the web browser are disabled in the latest version

In all the previous versions of firefox I've had no issues in the drop down menu when left-clicking to either open a link in a new tab or save highlighted text or even saving an image to my drive. However now with the latest update (20.0.1) I have come across something which disturbs me by the full length of the drop down menu (too long, too much stuff on it) and half the options are disabled, which makes it harder for me to surf the web as I am used to doing. I have taken a screenshot of my issue . I hope it will help. Also, that my OS is windows 7. http://www.darkworlds.se/images/other/firefx20bug.jpg

This is a problem related to having an outdated version of Firebug, most likely you've disabled automatic update of addons.
    The easiest way to fix this is to go to Tools -> Addons, and then clicking the wheel button up near the search field. From there you choose "Check for Updates" and unless you need specific versions of an addon, choose the "Update addons automatically" while you are there.
    You will most likely have to update Firebug twice, as it updates to an outdated version, and from there to the newest one.
    This is the solution I stumbled upon as I had the same exact problem, where I tried creating a new profile and the likes.

• Problem with Left Click (mighty mouse) and flash content

Hi, first sorry for my bad english...
    Well I have an issue with the left click (i have mighty mouse) and flash content in Firefox:
    if i'm using Firefox and then change to any other app, when i get back to firefox i have no left click anymore...
    So i have to open the mouse setting panel and everything works fine again...
    I don't want to open the mouse panel over and over again to fix that, so what i can do?
    THANKS in advance =)
    I uploaded a video to show the issue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROWSod5fUjk
    Mighty mouse Settings:
    Left Click + Right Click
    Firefox ver: 3.5.5
    Snow Leopard: 10.6.2
    iMac 24" (iMac9,1)
    Message was edited by: MaLk Gopher

Hi, Guys!!
    And you have some right cosmic_hippo , Why?
    Well think that the real problem it's something between Firefox and Flash content...
    because if i use Safari and i try make what i describe in the first post, i don't have any problem with the mouse settings.
    Only Happens when i use Firefox...
    Cheers.
    Well the issue is still there...

• Ctrl and left click not working in DW CS5

When Im working in design view for some reason my links are not working when I press ctrl and left click. To make them work I have to right click and select follow link.
    Its not a major problem because I can still carry on, but its annoying!

Mr Construction wrote:
    When Im working in design view for some reason my links are not working when I press ctrl and left click.
    I presume you're talking about Live View, because links don't work in Design view.
    One thing you can try is selecting View > Live View Options > Follow Links Continuously, or select the option from the Live View Options menu in the Browser Navigation toolbar.
    It works only for the current tab, but is useful if you're following a lot of links.

• Left click is not working in application folder

hi,
    I cannot open any programs in application folder and also also all folders from my desktop with left click which is my default click,i have to open with my right click and then open,in safari and all other browsers every thing works normally,on my dock everything works perfectly with left click and also every thing is fine in mail with left click.
    Any suggestions?
    iMac 20 inch core 2 due,Macbook pro 2.33 core 2 due 17"   Mac OS X (10.4.8)   apple cinema display 20"
    iMac 20 inch core 2 due,Macbook pro 2.33 core 2 due 17"   Mac OS X (10.4.8)   apple cinema display 20"

Yes i did.
    iMac 20 inch core 2 due,Macbook pro 2.33 core 2 due 17"   Mac OS X (10.4.8)   Macbook pro 2.33 core 2 due 17"

• When I left-click the home button, how can it open my home page in a new tab?

I thought it used to do that. I had to do a clean install of Windows, I believe I was only on FF 22 or 23 when this happened. Now I'm on FF 26 and obviously all my settings are gone.
    I'm 99% sure that when I left-clicked on my home button, it opened my home page in a new tab. I know I can middle-click to get that affect, but it used to be left-click and I do that automatically now. But I don't want to lose the current window I have up, so something's wrong.
    Anyone know how to fix this? Or an add-on to do this?

If you hold down the Ctrl key while left clicking the Home button then the home page opens in a new tab.<br />
    You can also middle-click the home button like you can with any other link

• My Left-click on mouse is not working on mac os 10.8.2 mac mini. Please help ?

Thank you for reading and helping out !
    All of a sudden, my left click on microsoft optical mouse stopped working. Then it worked for sometime then permanently stopped working after an hour. (its been 24 hours now). It was working fine before.
    Here is what I have tried so far.
    Tried Replacement optical mouse, which was not detected.  so can't even use a replacement mouse.. it only seems to recognize original mouse and respond to it only.
    I have turned Bluetooth off so that shouldn't be a cause.
    unplugged keyboard  and still left click on mouse not working.
    unplugged computer and all cables for more than 6 hours.. still not working...
    couldn't zap pram (for some reason being a microsoft keyboard ?? would you have proper instructions on how to to do this in windows keyboard??? )
    My Specs: mac mini 10.8.2 with microsoft ergnomic keyboard and basic microsoft optical mouse.
    i appreciate any help you would provide to get this solved!
    Thank you.

Java for OS X 2012-006: How to re-enable the Apple-provided Java SE 6 applet plug-in and Web Start functionality

• Can't open new tabs with double left click on tab bar in FF29.0.1?

I've always enjoyed how tabs work in FF, mainly with them being on the bottom (which I had to find a work-around for by making the userChrome.css file - the "about:config" modification no longer works) and also being able to double left click on the tab bar to create new tabs.
    With the most recent update, double left clicking on the tab bar no longer has a function, and to create new tabs, I must now middle click. It's not a big deal really, but is there a way to change this back?
    I searched through some options on the "about:config" page, searched "tab" and found an option there: "browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick" that seemed promising. I changed the value to "False" but it didn't change anything - in fact, middle clicking still creates new tabs.
    I tried adding a modified function with "leftclick" in it, just to see if it might do anything but, nothing.
    Any other suggestions for restoring the double left click function to create new tabs? Thanks!

''Hydrilus wrote:''
    browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick
    If set to false, middle-clicking <u>links on web pages</u> opens them in a new window. It probably also affects bookmarks, history entries, and items in the address bar drop-down menu.
    ''Hydrilus wrote:''
    Any other suggestions for restoring the double left click function to create new tabs?
    You need an add-on. Here are two I know about:
    * [https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/ Classic Theme Restorer]. In the add-on's option window, click the Special tab and check "Tabs toolbar: double click opens a new tab"
    * [https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/ Tab Mix Plus]. In the add-on's option window, click the Mouse icon, then the Mouse Clicking tab, then the Double-click tab below that. [http://tmp.garyr.net/support/viewpage.php?t=3&p=mouse-clicking The Tab Mix Plus help page] has more details.

• Magic Mouse wont close program or window when I left click.

Hi,
    so I bought me a new set up iMac i7 with among others the magic mouse 3 months ago.
    Not everytime but quite frequently when I try to close a program or any kind of window, by left click the red button on top left corner, it wont work, nothing happens.
    Then I have to click somewhere outside that area and then go back to the red close button and it works.
    This is also present sometimes when I want to close a tab in safari by the tab cross-button.
    Anyone who has an idea of what the problem might be?
    At a first glance I thought it was a software bug, since it work when I click outside the red close button and then go back and it works.
    When it stops working it doesnt matter how many times I try, it just wont do until I click once outside the area.
    I also have a track pad but it works flawless!
    Thanks in advance for any hint into right direction!
    regards - Peter

Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.<br />
    You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.<br />
    Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.<br /><br />
    *http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    *http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
    *http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
    *http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
    *http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
    See also:
    *"Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
    You can look at Adblock Plus to see if that can stop them.
    * Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
    You need to subscribe to a Filter list (e.g. the EasyList).
    * http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions
    * http://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started

• Magic Mouse continually fails to left click, and keyboard problems

Since my Yosemite 10.10.1 update, my mouse, and keyboard keep failing periodically. After a nights sleep, when I try to open a program, by left clicking, it will occasionally only right click. Being able to left click, is very crucial, even more then right clicking, especially when trying to enter a website into a url, or when selecting a bookmark. Anyway I will restart my computer, and when I then try to enter my password, certain keys will then fail, and respond wt a low ping. It usually requires at least 5 to 10 minutes of a complete shutdown, until the keyboard and mouse work again. I keep fearing that my keyboard will fail, while entering this message. It occurs so very randomly, but has been occurring more often as time goes by. I worried that it might occur, before I'm done typing this post. Does anyone have any idea, what the problem could be, and have any remedy reccommendations?

Nubz,
    actually I'm still using a standard wired apple keyboard, wt the magic mouse, because the wire goes under my desk, and I was actually considering getting a trackpad. Still since my Yosemite upgrade, I'm having problem after problem, so I'm not sure I will even stay wt Mac. Honestly I've examined any and all solutions, in that support article, but none of them were relevant to my problem.
    I did check & repair my Yosemite Disk Permissions using Disk Utility, and although it found only a few things wrong, and none were related to my keyboard, or mouse (most were for my HP printer), repairs seemed to rectify the problem.

• 2008 Macbook pro left click not working properly after upgrading to 10.6.8

I have a 2008 Macbook pro and a few months ago after upgrading to 10.6.8 my left click has been wonky.
    Using the trackpad the left click eventually gets "stuck" or stops responding and I have to push it multiple times before it does anything.  I have tried plugging in a mouse, but when I do so the mouse also behaves the same way.  The only way I seem to be able to get the clicking to work properly is to restart the computer with the mouse attached.
    I have seen threads about trackpads being messed up by swollen batteries, but my battery is brand new and looks fine, and the clicking problem extends to an external mouse, so I believe it is something with the preferences.
    I tried deleting  com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouchTrackpad.plist   and restarting and the problem seemed to be fixed, but then after about a half hour it returned.
    Having to keep a mouse plugged into my macbook is driving me crazy, anyone know a solution?

I started having the same issue after update.  I'm on a MacBookpro running 10.7.2
    ICalled apple and they did a remove battery reboot, a reload lion and a option/command/R/P reboot on startup and then the computer started working.  Two days later problem was back.  I then did a reboot and the computer was back to working.  Today the computer worked fine tell it went to sleep.  I had to do a hard reboot to get the Mac up and running and now no left click.  Please help. I can not use the Mac  with the trackpad, a mouse, a Bluetooth mouse, or a digital pad. All so signs of left mouse click not working.  One other item when you go to pick your user at startup the left mouse click works.  Help!

• Left-click on firefox icon in taskbar shows a list of all tabs. how to just open to last tab?

I use the tab grouping feature a lot. That means I have 100s of tabs open at any one time.
    The problem: once one switch between tab groups, the Firefox icon on the taskbar changes to what looks like multiple echoes of the Firefox icon. I guess it is supposed to represent multiple tab groups.
    Before Firefox 20 one could click on the Firefox icon on the taskbar, and Firefox would come up and show the last tab I have been working on.
    Since Firefox 20 a left-click on the Firefox icon on the taskbar now shows a tab list of 28+ seemingly random tabs. Many of them just says "Mozilla Firefox" instead of the website represented by that tab (because the tab was not accessed recently).
    To open Firefox to the last tab I have been working on is now a real chore. I now have to pick one of these 28+ tabs (which is 99% of the time the wrong tab), then switch to the correct tab group, and then find the tab I have been working on. It typically takes 5-10 clicks to get back to where I was before I minimized Firefox, or before Firefox lost the focus. (In the past I could simply click on the Firefox icon on the taskbar, and Firefox restored where I last left off.)
    How can I turn off the tab list that pops up when one left-click or hover the mouse over the Firefox icon on the taskbar? I would love to get the ability to minimize/restore Firefox back by clicking on the Firefox icon on the taskbar as it was in the past, not get a choice of random tabs.

Okay, with a lack of replies here, here are some solutions I came up with:
    * Quit Firefox and restart it. It reduces the number of clicks to just two. It is even faster than wading through the list of tab groups and tabs to get back to the last tab I was working on.
    * Use Alt-Tab to switch between applications instead of clicking on the Firefox icon on the taskbar. I'll have to change my habits, as I'm used to clicking on the icon to toggle between applications, especially if one has many applications open. I typically have a dozen applications open at any time, and Alt-Tabbing through them all can be time-consuming.
    * I found nothing that seems related in the about:config screens, e.g. an option to turn off tab.list
    * Switch to Chrome.
    Anyone got better ideas or solutions?

• Trackpad left click not working

Hi
    The left click on my trackpad, bluetooth or usb mouse is not working anymore.
    Macbook 2006 core2duo
    OSX 10.6.8 (snow leopard)
    I tried:
    - reset PRAM(apple+option+p+r)
    - without battery
    - boot in safe mode (shift)
    Without succes.
    Also tried to disable The trackpad with:
    - defaults write com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad USBMouseStopsTrackpad 1
    But the trackpad is still enabled also after log out an in again.
    The option in the "Universal Access" settings is not enabled as well.
    How can I enable this option "ignore trackpad when mouse" without a mouse?
    Tab does not work.
    Any other suggestions what I can try to fix?
    ps. I was in the apple store and they want 100euros for sending it to the service center)

also tried:
    - repair disk (diskutil repairPermissions disk0s2)
    wiyhout success

Maybe you are looking for