No sound from Sub, Rear L/R, Centre, when changing volume (X-Fi xtremegamer, 5.1 T61

Hey, since this week I got a really strange problem, I first noticed it when in games, i don't hear people coming from the back anymore, and music doesn't sound as crisp anymore. At first the rear right was switched around with the sub and some other strange stuff going on, and now it affects 4 speakers: the central speaker, the 2 rear speakers, and the subwoofer. When i click on standard configuration(dunno how it is exactly in english, cus i have the?dutch version, but it changes everything into default), they work again. I started customizing everything again, and tested if they were working, but same problem: only front left/right were working. After some testing I found out that it occurs as soon as i change the volume with the main volume knob. By default it is something like 74%, and after changing it to something else, the problem occurs, even if turned back to 74.
Does someone know how to fix it's

I have the EXACT SAME proublem. At first I thought my card went bad because I lost 3 channels but after hitting the defult button all the speakers started working again. For me it also seems that if I change the master volume on the soundblaster controll pannel to anything other then defult I then lose the same 3 channels. However if I use window's volume controll (single click on the speaker in the task tray), or the volume adjustment on my keyboard I have no proublems.

Similar Messages

• What can be wrong with my iPhone 4?  There is no sound from incoming calls, SMS and even when I play music.  I already checked that it's not muted, volume is high and not set to "vibrate mode."

What can be wrong with my iPhone 4s.  There is no sound from incoming calls and SMS even when I try to play music.
    I already checked that it is not muted, volume is high and not in " vibrate mode."

What can be wrong with my iPhone 4s.  There is no sound from incoming calls and SMS even when I try to play music.
    I already checked that it is not muted, volume is high and not in " vibrate mode."

• TS1630 Hi I have a problem with my iPhone 4S,  I have no sound from my speaker ,keyboard or notifications ,  and my volume control buttons are not working is anyone experiencing this? Any help would be great full, also I have reset the iPhone many times.

Hi I have a problem with my iPhone 4S I have no sound from my speaker , keyboard, notifications.   or volume controls,  I have reset my iphone many times and still the same, any advise will be greatful
    Thanks

I don't think that a software update from Apple will solve the issues that you are having. You have a rogue installation. After you posted I have just done the following:
    Disk Utility can verify  my partitioned Volume (including my boot disk) AND REPAIR the non-boot disks on the same Volume without a glitch. It repairs the non-boot disks containing data smoothly.
    I have used Mail to send some mails from some Yahoo and Hotmail accounts to my Thunderbird client containing GMail accounts - absolutely normal.
    I have iLife '09 but my iMovie '09 and iPhoto '09 open in a jiffy and I see no issues here. I have 6GB RAM (Maximum) on an early 2008 Macbook Pro with a 750GB hard drive partitioned with 120GB reserved for the Boot Drive.
    I am sorry that I cannot help further but I am sure there must be a way to reinstall the software without having to revert to restoring your ML backup. I have two clones and if you have such I would attempt to do that through that rather than through Time Machine - that is of course if you have a cloned drive.
    Good luck!

• I am getting no sound from my iPod, although it works when on dock and with headphones. Please help

I am getting no sound from iPod, although works when on dock and when headphones are in. Please help

Does Ford say it will work with the 4G iPod?
    Contact them.
    Sometimes this works:
    - Reset the car system
    - Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
    Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
    least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
    - Reset all settings      
    Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
    All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
    - Restore from backup. See:                                 
    iOS: How to back up           
    - Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
    It just may not be compatible.

• No sound from my rear speak

Hi,
    I have an SB X-Fi extreme music card and I can't get sound out of my rear speakers. I went through the Creative Diagnostic tests and when I ran it for 5. speakers the rear right sound comes through the center speaker and the rear left sound comes through the left front speaker. I checked and both rear speakers work when I plugged them in a different speaker output. Any advice would be great!. I have Windows Vista 32-bit and upgraded my drivers yesterday to the most current ones. Thanks.... Ralph?

What?kind of speaker system are you using if I may ask? I believe the card has only 3 holes to connect speakers to and line-in?where your surround set might have more. If you've got a Creative Inspiron set or something similar you might want to check if the cables which go into the central unit, the subwoofer in most cases, are connected properly?too. Greetings,
    M

• No sound from 3gp videos taken with phone when played on laptop

When I transfre 3gp viideos taken on my phone to my computer, when I play them, there is no sound signal at all.
    What is wrong?

Did they play fine on your phone? What application are you using to play them on your laptop?
    - Peter

• Why is the sound from my bose mobile speakers "choppy" when paired with my Mac Book Pro but not my other apple products?

I have bose mobile speakers that use bluetooth to be paired with devices. I have successfully paired it with my ipad and iphone and the sound is phenominal. However when paired with my MacBook PRo the sound is very "choppy" and not clear. Would anyone know why this is?

Having sent my speaker to Bose to have it checked over, they returned it to me unable to recreate the problem saying it was fault free. They included the following instructions to adjust bluetooth settings to 40.
    Open Terminal and use the command:
    defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 40
    Restart, turn off both devices then re-pair.
    This has vastly improved the quality of sound on the speaker, although not ALWAYS perfect as have found that if I am working on the keyboard or browsing the internet at the same time as listening to music via Bose speaker there is a little jumpiness.
    Further research in various forums has shown there are other settings to experiement with:
    30 – Low audio quality
    40 – Medium audio quality
    48 – High audio quality
    58 – Excellent audio quality
    Hope this helps.

• Loss of sound effect when changing volume.

Hi there,
    I have just purchased a Macbook Pro and everything was going well until I noticed that when I changed the volume using the F11 and F12 keys, the sound effect would no longer be produced. I have been through Sounds in System Preferences and checked all the settings are correct, even the 'play feedback when volume is changed' option is checked. All I have been doing so far is using iTunes and using the internet. I also loaded djay but I don't think this would have anything to do with it. Please help.

iCloud only keeps photo stream photos for 30 days, even though up to 1000 photos will remain on your devices until deleted.  When you re-enabled photo stream you only received photo stream photos from the last 30 days as older photos are no longer in iCloud.
    To change your iCloud ID, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with the new ID.  This deletes the account and your iCloud data from your device, but not from iCloud.  Provided you are signing back into the same account, your iCloud data will reappear on your device when you sign back in.
    However, to avoid losing photo stream photos, before deleting the account save them to your camera roll (if not already there).  To do this, open your my photo stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, then tap Save to Camera Roll.  Be sure to do this on your other devices first.
    To get the missing photos back on your iPod, create a shared photo stream that includes them on one of your other devices and invite yourself as a subscriber (see http://help.apple.com/icloud/#mmc0cd7e99).

• All of a sudden, iMovie won't mute the sound of my cut away clips, even when the volume is at 0%, the sound still plays.

It's iMovie '09, I already tried quitting the application and restarting my computer, and neither worked.

I have a fix - or rather, a workaround.
    WARNING: It is lengthy, but still far better than starting a new project from scratch.
    I had this same issue and none of my transitions/clips were at custom speeds, nor did I have anything else weird going on. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do within iMovie to fix this, at least there wasn't for me. iMovie is BY FAR the buggiest software I have ever used and if you haven't already spent hours slaving away on a project, you are so much better off using just about anything else to edit your video.
    ...But let's assume you have already spent many hours working on your project and you don't want to start all over. Well then, you have at least one option.
    It's a pain in the neck, but it's infinitely better than restarting your project from scratch.
    This will require:
    A software called Soundflower (which is free) and some kind of audio editing software (I use Logic, but really any should work).
    1.) You're going to need to export your video with the messed up audio. Typically if you're audio is messing up, you're video is at least usually working just fine (at least it always does for me).
    2.) You're going to need to open that video in your audio software and import only the audio. If your software doesn't give you this option, then you're going to need to record the audio from your video using the audio software and Soundflower. You can find tutorials on how to do this, but it's honestly pretty straightforward once you start playing around with you Mac's audio I/O settings. Remember to have your computer's volume all the way up when doing this.
    3.) Watch/listen to your video and make notes of where the audio errors occur. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND writing down times too,  as they will be extremely helpful later.
    4.) Now were going to rip some working audio from the iMovie project itself. Go back into your iMovie project and only play back audio while in the edit window for this step. Do NOT play your project back in full screen.
    This part is key: if you try to play back your project from the beginning the audio will usually still mess up. So, what you're gonna have to do is go back on your edit window timeline right before these errors occur and play that specific clip back while recording this working audio with Soundflower and your audio software. Essentially we're only recording the parts of the audio where these errors occur, so try to do this in order if you can. Try to leave several seconds of audio in before the error - that way we can use it as reference when we construct our new audio track.
    5.) Now in your audio software you should have your original error-filled audio track and the new clips that we just captured. This part can be painstaking if you're not familiar with audio editing softwares, but as you'll learn, it's really not that hard.
    You're going to look at your original audio track and compare it to your new working audio clips. You should be able to notice where those new clips are supposed to go by looking at the identical (or close to identical) waveform shapes in your original audio track. The two should correspond with one another. If you don't understand what I mean right now, you will when you start playing around with the audio. This is why marking times is very important.
    Take your new clips and split them up if you haven't already, that way you can drag them around and edit them separately from one another. Essentially your going to line these new clips up with original and then replace the original parts with new ones.
    We need to get this as precise as possible, so start off by getting them as close as you can with your naked eye, and then use a zoom tool to zoom in as much as possible so that you can get them lined up PERFECTLY, or at least extremely close. In some softwares you can just drag these new clips on top of the old track, but most of the time you will need to actually cut out the old piece and replace it with the new one. In doing this, zoom in and make sure that you are NOT cutting out a bigger space than your new clip will fill - otherwise you will have small gaps in your audio.
    VERY IMPORTANT: Also make sure that this new audio track starts at the EXACT SAME time as your original - otherwise your new audio will be out of sync.
    I know this part can really suck if you're not used to audio editing, but at this point, there is little other choice.
    6.) Once you are done with this, export your newly pieced together audio track.
    7.) Now open iMovie and create a NEW project. Re-import the video that you exported earlier that has the messed up audio. This might take a while, so just be patient.
    8.) Then right click the clip and select "Detach Audio". This will do just that - allowing you to edit the audio separately from the video. Now delete this audio.
    9.) Now, import the new, perfect audio track that we just made and make sure that it starts at the start of the project. Make sure it's in sync and that everything works.
    Now just export your new video with the working audio and you should be done. Since we have given iMovie the audio with no editing actually being done in iMovie, it does not have to generate its own audio now and you should have absolutely no errors now - unless there is some that you forgot to take out earlier.
    YOU'RE FINALLY DONE!!!
    I know this entire process *****, but if you're that far into your project, there is little else that you can do. Now you've learned your lesson:
    DON'T USE IMOVIE EVER AGAIN.
    I hope this helped!

• Rumbling from output when changing volume.

I just recieved my iPod Classic from the mail yesterday.  I bought a refurbished one to save some money but when I recieved it and uploaded all music/videos and applied the 2 yr warrenity on it that I found out it was rumbling the noice coming out of the head phones.  But when it was too quite or maxed out it was fine.  After a day of playing around with the settings I got it working normally but however it sometimes goes back to rumbling and will have to play with volume and reset the iPod before it goes back to normal.  Is there anything I could do or is it something that I need to go to an apple store for?  Also, if I do go to an Apple Store, will it be a quick fix or something that will take more than a day?

I have the EXACT SAME proublem. At first I thought my card went bad because I lost 3 channels but after hitting the defult button all the speakers started working again. For me it also seems that if I change the master volume on the soundblaster controll pannel to anything other then defult I then lose the same 3 channels. However if I use window's volume controll (single click on the speaker in the task tray), or the volume adjustment on my keyboard I have no proublems.

• No sound from Front and Rear Center Speakers

Hi all,
    I have a Creative 6.1 6700 speaker set + Creative Sound blaster Audigy 2 ZS.
    Recently I have noticed that I am not getting any sound from my Front and Rear center speakers. The sound is being diverted to the sub woofer. Wehn i run checks the sound comes from the sub woofer rather then the speaker. I have checked all connection and checked all wiring. All Speaker are working fine and none is dead.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and then application but still no good. I am unable to figure out why this might be happening. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Also any idea why does the creative driver keep on crashing. It is one of the most unstable driver that I have seen. I have the latest driver and usually keep it up to date but still it does keeps on giving problems regularly.
    I have to say that till now the creative product has been a headache for me but I would have to make do with what I have. So all help needed here really.
    Regards,
    Amit

Hi Guys,
    I would really appreciate if somebody could reply to my query. Its been very frustating here.
    In the meanwhile I have done the following troubleshooting more :
    1) Took a head set and connected to all ports at the back of the sound card. Sound is coming from there.
    2) Went ahead and removed the creative drive and the application.
    3) did a search in the registry with the keyword as "Creative". Removed all entries that were found.
    4) Reinstaled the latest drivers and the application.
    5) Tried he card ina different PCI slot.
    But everything has been to no avail. There is still no sound from the rear and front center speakers. Its really driving me nuts.
    It seems as if the souncard is passing the signal to the sub woofer but it is not directing it to both these channels.
    Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    Regards,
    Amit

• Inpire P5800 : No sound from center and rear speakers

I have just bought the Inspire P5800 speakers system (5.1) and only the two front speakers and the buffer produce sound. The problem may come from the fact I have an single output audio card (RealTek AC'97). Is there anything to do to have the sound coming out from the 5 speakers (expect buying a 5.1 audio card) ? I read my audio files with winamp and WMP.
    Thanks
    Sebastien

Hi Guys,
    I would really appreciate if somebody could reply to my query. Its been very frustating here.
    In the meanwhile I have done the following troubleshooting more :
    1) Took a head set and connected to all ports at the back of the sound card. Sound is coming from there.
    2) Went ahead and removed the creative drive and the application.
    3) did a search in the registry with the keyword as "Creative". Removed all entries that were found.
    4) Reinstaled the latest drivers and the application.
    5) Tried he card ina different PCI slot.
    But everything has been to no avail. There is still no sound from the rear and front center speakers. Its really driving me nuts.
    It seems as if the souncard is passing the signal to the sub woofer but it is not directing it to both these channels.
    Any help would be deeply appreciated.
    Regards,
    Amit

• 4.1 Speaker Setup - No sound from rear speak

Opsys: Windows 2000 (just installed)
    Card: Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    Software: Installed full sets of Creative software, everything runs
    I'm trying to set up a 4. system where I'm using 2 set sets of stereo speakers plugged into line outs # and #2.
    The problem is that I get sound only from line out #. All attempts at plugging the second set of speakers into the other line outs doesn't do anything for sound. I have switched the 2 sets around and they both work from lineout #.
    The speaker calibration program only works for the front left and right speaker (i.e. no rear speaker output). I have tried more than just the 4. option, but none of them produce any sound to the rear speakers.
    I have enabled EAX and CMSS, but this hasn't done any good. Still no sound from the rear speakers.
    I checked the speaker set up and the volumes are midway for all speakers, both front and back.
    Soooo. My guess is driver problems or maybe the 2 way stereo plug doesn't work with the 3 way plugs of line out #2 and #3.
    Any ideas?
    Rick

Okay, I get the stupid award for this one. I didn't notice that I was plugging my rear speakers into to the mic instead of the lineout 2. Well, in my defense, they are symetrically located around lineout and they do fit.
    I would suggest people with sound issues to look at the other utilities. The one that helped was the Thx Setup console. This displays all info about the speakers, analog/digital settings, and even a picture showing the card plugs (that got the noodle thinking).
    Also the Surround Mixer showed the correct configuration of the 4 speakers but without a sub hooked up. This fits my 2 stereo connections exactly.
    Cheers.

• Inspire 5200 5.1 sound from both R & L rear speakers coming from left rear speaker only

I have done a complete sound system check, every thing check out good. From the rear speakers I am only getting sound from left rear. When i do a speaker check, when right rear speaker lites, sound comes from left rear. when left rear speaker lites sound also comes from left rear speaker.

creek,
    You may have to check with your sound card manufacturer for special setting to upmix the Stereo to the rest of the speaker.
    If you are using Creative 5.1 sound card, you can refer to the link for the CMSS upmix feature.
    http://forums.americas.creative.com/...essage.id=2563
    Jason

• Really low sound from rear left spea

I have 5. headphones and when i have them pluged into my xtreamgamer i barly get any sound from my rear left speaker, i know it works because if i plug it in my basic MB soundcard it works fine. Is this a known problem or a fix for this?

I've installed the latest drivers, made sure the the jack is plugged in right (theres only one, that comes from the Monitor or the headphones). The CD only has an installation guide, and i know onboard sound is disabled because i never had one in the first place after a recent reformat. and before that reformat sound came out from both sides normally, so i know something is wrong with the sound card.
    EDIT: i just did a random tests, and i found out that the right speaker is working, but it is playing extreamly low. i had to blare up my volume up to 00% and i bearly heard it. i've checked the playback control, and played around with it and still have same problem.Message Edited by Bigs80 on --200606:49 AM

Maybe you are looking for

• Where are my attachments in iCAL under iCloud

I just switched on iCloud and noticed that all my attachments on previous iCAL entries are GONE.  Also, if I add a new entry in iCAL now, I cannot attach a file.  How can I get this back?  I have a lot of files (PDF) that are date sensative that were

• Problem installing weblogic server 8.11

I have a problem while installing weblogic server 8.11 on a solaris 9 machine. I use the following instruction: ./filename.bin and I see the following message: Illegal instruction (memory dumped) (in french: instruction incorrecte (vidage memoire)) A

• Weblogic 10 Error Couldn't remove timer notification

In WebLogic Server 10.0, the following error message is suddenly flooding our application log file: 2008-11-05 12:34:16,022 [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '13' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR com.bea.wli.management.WliMsiHandler -

• HRRCF00_DOC_UPLOAD - attachment file size check

Hi all, I am trying to implement two checks that are supplied by BADI HRRCF00_DOC_UPLOAD.  I need to validate file type and file size of documents that are to be uploaded to ERC. I was able to implement file type validation in method CHECK_ATTACH_FIL

• Flash CS3 Crashes on Save --- PLS HELP

Hi all, My first post. I have installed cs3 web design premium on Vista Ultimate and have had no problem working all the cs3 programs. In flash I try and save my work but it crashes the system. Could someone tell me where I might want to look for an