No stereo mix with Satellite T110

I bought a Satellite T110 (Win7). There's no Stereo Mix option with the recording devices. I marked show disabled and disconnected devices. I updated the conexant driver (4.98.16.61). Nothing helped. Still no stereo mix option. I tried connecting a male-male cord from headphones to line in - gave very bad quality.
please help!
Message was edited by: lelbd

As far as I know the chip does not include this and there is no way to upgrade this
PS: this has nothing to do how much the notebook cost there are many different notebooks on the market which costs a lot of money and dont support some features due to the different chip.... and there are a lot of notebooks you could get for favourable price and support Realtek sound chip.

Similar Messages

• I have a hp hpe-595a, i'm trying to use stereo mix with a hot mic. anyone know how to do this?

I'm trying to sing along with the music in the chat program Paltalk and also host a music room on the same program, I can only use the mic or stereo mix but not both at the same time.
    I have been using this chat program for over 5yrs and have always been able to use Stereo mix with the mic active, using the realteck codecs or soundblaster (what you hear)
    I can't do this with the IDT codecs supplied.

Hey Redritr,
    Thanks for the question. iTunes purchases are billed to Store Credits first, before Credit Cards, as outlined by the following article:
    When making purchases, content credits are used first, followed by Gift Certificate, iTunes Card, or Allowance Account credits; your credit card or PayPal account is then charged for any remaining balance.
    via iTunes Store: How iTunes Store purchases are billed
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5582
    It also may be that the iTunes Store is prompting to verify your billing information:
    When there is a mismatch between the iTunes Store's records and your credit card company's records, you will receive an error message stating that your credit card's security code isn't valid or that your zip code does not match your bank's records.
    In most cases, this issue is caused by a formatting error in the billing address that you have provided. You can correct the issue by verifying that the information you have provided is correct, or by changing the format of your address to match the format that your credit card company has on file.
    via iTunes Store: My credit card's security code or zip code does not match my bank's records
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1646
    Additional Information:
    Why can’t I select None when I edit my payment information?
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5366
    Thanks,
    Matt M.

• No sound using stereo mixer with speaker balance s...

No sound using stereo mixer with speaker balance set between approx 95-100% of max to the right
    Setup: good quality functional soundcard, fine when audio not routed via Skype, mixer enabled, Skype mic / audio auto disabled, issue present when tested using a variety of different systems, latest version of Skype was used on all machines being tested
    Issue: When the speaker balance is set approx 95% to 100% to the right speaker channel using the Windows audio control no sound is generated. The issue is absent when audio is not routed via Skype. This would seem to be a Skype bug and would like to report the issue as a bug. Has anyone else encoutered this issue? Is there a resolution?

Yes, I restarted my computer yesterday and this morning all my sounds is controlled by the left/right blance percentage. 

• Trying to record Stereo Mix with a monitor through my headphones.  Using Screenium to record Audio and Video, using Avid MBox Mini with MXL 909 Microphone for the audio through the interface.

Basically, what I am trying to do is this:
    Record my screen through Screeenium, record my voice as audio through an Avid MBox Mini (interface) with a MXL 909 microphone to pick up the audio.  I have all that figured out.  I'm able to efficiently record my audio and screenplay through these instruments and programs.  What I am having trouble with is the stereo mix.  I am running into a slew of problems here... My goal: Add on the audio of a game that I am playing (for example, Amneisia) so that the audio for my game will be picked up internally, and not through the speakers to be recorded through the microphone.  I want there to be no external sound except me talking into my microphone.  I also want to be able to HEAR the audio of the game through my headphones (and if possible, myself as well, through a monitor maybe?)
    Problems I have run into so far:
    -Haven't gotten it to pick up in game audio at all while using headphone.  Can't figure this out
         -Downloaded soundflower, have the output as soundflower.  Not picking up anything, will put all my sound and midi settings at the end.
    -When I do record through my microphone, it is only picking up a single channel (left earpiece only, no right channel)
         -I have figured out it is NOT the equipment, I use Pro Tools and am able to pick up both channels with my mic, recorded a few tests. It's settings and I can't      figure it out
    -Trying not to run 16 million programs while running the game, will cause lag.
    Summed up:
    Trying to record:
    -Audio from gameplay of any game I am playing through alternative route of speakers (do NOT want to record game audio through speakers, internally)
    -Record voice through Avid MBox Mini and MXL 909 microphone.
    -Record screen gameplay through Screenium
    I followed a guide that told me to achieve "stereo mix'' I need to download soundflower and follow "X" steps.  That is done and these are my current settings:
    Audio Midi Setup - Stereo Mix custom Aggregate Device, Soundflower (2ch) selected, Avid Mbox Mini selected, Soundflower Output #1 has 2 channels (1-2), using Avid MBox mini for "Input" in order to record.  Using Soundflower AND Avid MBox mini as "Output" in order to hear the sounds and replay game sounds (could be the problem? Maybe?)
    Sound Settings - Output Stereo Mix (custom channel)  Input Avid MBox Mini (recording)
    I'm hoping this isn't too hard to understand.. I'm VERY bad at explaining information regarding computers.. It's hard becuase I don't understand it.  I can clarify anything that I am able to, so any help on finding certain things would be greatly appreciated.
    My computer: Macbook Pro MAC OS X Lion (11G63) 10.7.5  2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 4GB 13333 MGz DDR3  (If any of this is imporant)

Hey guys,
    I tried to do some research and it looks like you need to have an external device and its drivers, such as an external microphone, installed on the computer to record audio that can be saved as a sound file. Another Suggestion is to try an auxiliary spliter for your headphones and external speakers?
    What software are you using to record your game?
    If anyone knows anything different, please let me know.
    Thank you for being a part of the Lenovo Family,
    Catie
    Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
    Donate KUDOS and Click "Accepted Solution"

• Replacing stereo mix with original mono tracks in edited program

Hi there,
    I've edited a 2 minute program with the stereo mixdown of 6 lapel mics on 6 different speakers. I'm now finishing the project and am wanting to isolate each speaker's audio, but can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Using the Replace edit function loses my ins and outs.
    Please help!
    Thanks in advance.
    Pete

You may enjoy the new Source ch mapping in CS3.
    IF you clip is stereo with one voice in the lft and another voice in the right ch, BEFORE importing it change you preferences thusly:
    Edit > Preferences > Audio Set Source CH mapping to Mono.
    Import your clip.
    Drag it to the timeline and you will see it will be two linked mono tracks.
    That is a global method.
    To do an individual audio clip:
    Import it and before you put it on the timeline; select it in the bin and choose Clip > Audio Options > Source Ch Mapping and set it to Mono. This will accomplish the same thing, except for a single clip.
    Re your 2nd question; If you do the above you can use the audio mixer to mix the voices.
    I often shoot with a wireless in 1 ch and a shotgun in the other. So these options are quite handy.
    Curt

• Windows 7 missing Stereo Mix

I just bought an HP G60-519WM Notebook PC running windows 7 64-bit and I noticed that the stereo mix option it missing and I have searched for a couple hours now and cant find anything really. Is there any way that i can get stereo mix on my computer?

Dear  ALL,
    This Stero MIX problem has started with Vista and now windows 7.. And that this has nothing to do with SOUND DRIVERS whatsoever...
    The reason Stero Mix disappears in Vista and Windows 7 has NOTHING to do with sound drivers  at all.
    Because this problem only happens to   CERTAIN BRAND of LAPTOPS
    This   is because these BRANDS such as DELL, VAIO, ACER, etc.have signed an AGREEMENT with.The Music Recording Industry to TAKE STREO MIX off windows Vista and  7..  (HP should be OK)
    That 's why you would find that other PC laptops BRANDS such as Fujitsu, Toshiba, ASUS etc.... Stereo MIX is still functioning well  in  Vista and Windows 7..
    I worked as PC technician since 1994 .. and this is the first problem that NO ONE want to answer, even though THEY KNEW..
    many customers have sent their written complaints to Microsoft, DELL, VAIO, ACER (now Gateway)  (Me too) but they would try their best to be EVASIVE...but never explain even though THEY knew it.
    If people want stereo Mix back...we must start CLASS ACTION.. by STOP BUYING these BRANDS (Vaio, Acer, Dell etc)  and tell THEM OUT LOUD why we boycott them....
    That's all.
    In the mean time, if those people with DELL, ACER, VAIO want to use STERO MIX function , You can install  VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) software.. http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm
    Or come back to Windows XP.. with XP Stereo MIX would work well in every PC
    bye all
    Ok Mr. "I've been a computer technician since 1994"... you are paranoid and talking of conspiracy. I built my own PC with parts from Newegg including Windows7 Professional OEM.
    Why don't I have a "Stereo Mixer" with my installation. Nothing I have in my system comes from Dell, Acer, VAIO or any other Branded company. Class Action Are you kidding me? It's the software people's right to write the software how they want. If you want
    to record, purchase some recording software and grow up.
    Further, I would love some feedback on if ANYONE with Windows 7 (Not Vista) has been able to get the Stereo Mixer to show its face without 3rd party software/drivers. I am starting
    to find/believe that Microsoft is truly behind this.
    Edit: (Adding info)
    ok, so, to update on this posting. It's not a Windows7 issue. At least, not directly. I just installed the drivers off my Motherboard CD and BAAMMM Stereo Mixer appeared. Let's get started on that Class Action (note sarcasm). After 11 years as an IT Professional
    I'm better with simple audio then Choung above with his 17 years! :-)... Moving on.
    So, what do we have?
    My advise, Update your drivers. This may be harder for some than others. Device Manager will NOT always tell you what kind of sound chip you have. It will only tell you info based on the drivers you already have installed to help control the hardware. Use
    the websites for your PC manufacture to do some research on what mother board you have. You can usually lookup that motherboard and get the audio drivers supported by it from the PC manufacture or the Motherboard manufacture support site.
    Note: while writing this, I just fixed the issue on my wife's Dell Laptop. So it's
    not a laptop issue either.  Her laptop is only 1 month old.
    I hope this helps peop. I'm sorry to be so harsh on Choung but really, get your facts before posting blind info.
    amazing answer, that dude is seriously incorrect, i'll try updating my driver when i get home, thanks man. I have also been an IT professional for around 11 years, and i guess it's our generation that knows best! lol.

• Satellite A300 - Series Stereo Mix not available with Conexant sound driver

Hi . . .
    I have Toshiba Satellite A300 PSAJ0E notebook . . .
    I was useing Windows XP Professional . . .
    But I am not able to use Stereo Mix the peculiarity . . .
    I installed Conexant HD SmartAudio 221 Driver . . .
    What can I do in this subject . . .
    I thank right now . . .
    Best Regards . . .

Unfortunately, but you cannot do much
    The point is that this is a Conexant sound driver issue. This options or setting is simply not available in Conexant sound driver and therefore the Stereo Mix port is not available and cannot be used.
    I think only an sound driver update can helps so lets wait for a update.
    Cheers mate

• Satellite L750-170 Windows 7 Stereo Mix Not Appearing

Hi,
    I've been looking for ages on how to enable my Stereo Mix and I just can't get it up...
    I've installed the latest driver for my 'Conexant SmartAudio HD', clicked the 'Show Disabled Devices' and the 'Show Disconnected Devices' and I still end up with no Stereo Mix showing. I've got Stereo Mix on my XP, Vista and my other Windows 7 PC before and I really don't know why it won't work on this.
    Please Help!!
    Thanks

*I found a solution!*
    Stereo Mix is a sound device for recording music from you computer.
    It is very useful for marketing purpose.
    However, it is usually missing in most Toshiba computers.
    Here is how to get it back.
    This solution worked for my Satellite L750.
    - Download the latest Conexant SmartAudio driver for your laptop downloadable at http://support.toshiba.com/.
    - Create a new folder (I created one on my Desktop) for the driver and extract the zipped driver files to it with WinRAR.
    - You should find a couple folders. Browse through them until you find the folder labeled W7-64/ W7-32, depending on whether you are using 32-bit or 64-bit.
    There will be a .inf file inside. There should only be one file with that extension. Open it in Notepad.
    - Now search in notepad until you find this section:
    ;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable ,Enable,1,01
    ;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable ,EPname,1,01
    ;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable ,DefGainSettings,1,00,07,00,07
    ;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable ,MuteGainSettings,1,00,00
    ;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable ,Flags,1,00
    ;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable, Enable,1,01
    ;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable, MixAssocSeq,1,E0,E0
    ;HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable, MuteGainSettings,1,00,00
    Note the semi-colons in front of each line. Remove all the semi-colons so the 8 lines above read like this:
    HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable, Enable,1,01
    HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable, EPname,1,01
    HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable, DefGainSettings,1,00,07,00,07
    HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable, MuteGainSettings,1,00,00
    HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\PcBeepCtrlEnable, Flags,1,00
    HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable,E nable,1,01
    HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable,M ixAssocSeq,1,E0,E0
    HKR,%EPattributePath%\EpSettings\StereoMixEnable,M uteGainSettings,1,00,00
    Now cick "File" and "Save".
    - Then go to Control Panel, Sounds and Hardware, Device Manager, Sound, Video, and Game Controllers, and right click on Conexant Smart Audio HD, select Update Driver Software.
    - Then go to Browse My Computer for Software, Let Me Pick From A List, Have Disk, and navigate to the .inf file (the one you edited in Notepad) in the folder on your desktop.
    - It should tell you it is no longer digitally signed and might harm your computer. Install it anyways.
    - Now open up your Sound tray. If you go to the "Recording" tab, and make sure "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" are both checkmarked.
    - Now you should have Stereo Mix. Right click on it and select "Enable".

• Stereo Mix audio option disabled with on MS Communicator call

I have Stereo Mix enabled on my computer (Windows Vista) and I can see it as an audio input option in Captivate 5. But, when I launch MS Communicator and make a phone call, the option on longer is available. Interestingly, when I use Captivate 4, my "Stereo Mix" option remains available and so I can record the voice of someone I'm talking to via Communicator. Is there a way to get this to work with Captivate 5?

On a spur-of-the-moment decision, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5512 from WalMart. After spending the last several hours failing to enable the Stereo Mixer (despite following several suggestions posted on these forums and around the Internet), my $400 laptop will be returned. Sadly, it is outfunctioned by an old Dell Latitude C640 that I picked up from a second-hand store for $99. I may check out the Dells at WalMart to see if they have what I need (for just $100 more I could have gotten an i3 core with 2GB RAM and 2 more hours batterly life), or I may go back to the second-hand store, but it doesn't appear that Toshiba is "leading innovation" by choosing a subpar sound chip. Saving a few cents on the sound chip is now going to cost their distributor $400 in lost sale and create a "refurbished" laptop that they'll have to take a loss on.

• Satellite c655-s5305 no stereo mix

just got this cpu for christmas and im trying to watch a movie with my girl and i dont seem to have any option for stereo mix even with the disabled devices and disconnected devices shown any help ? i know about the headphone splitter trick (plug the splitter in the headphone jack and get a male/male and plug it from one side of the splitter to the mic input and yur headphones in the other headphone jack) i wanna see if there is any other solution

Hmm maybe you should update the sound driver too
    As I said in my first posting, I could enable the stereo mix on my Satellite. But there is one difference to the P300-16N; my notebook supports Realtek sound chip, your notebook supports Conexant CX20561 sound chip
    Maybe this is the reasons why the stereo mix is not available.

• Re: Satellite A100-033 PSAANE: Realtek Stereo Mix Audio has become "Lost"

Following an encouraging reply to a forum question, I have replaced the original 60G hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite A100-033 PSAANE with a 500G drive.
    All is well, except that I no longer have "Stereo Mix Realtek High Definition Audio" in the Recording tab in the Sound option in Control Panel.
    It means that I can't record any sound at all, if I try to capture sound, for example using NCH's Debut Video Capture Software.
    If I replace the original 60G drive, Realtek Stereo Mix is there and I can record okay. If I plug in my external sound card, I can record sound with that. If (in my new 500G drive) I look at Device Manager in Control Panel, Realtek High Definition Audio is listed under Sound Video & Game Controllers. So it looks like the correct driver is there okay. But somehow it isn't recognised under Sound in Control Panel, and it can't be used by the software which requires it.
    It may be a simple problem but it's baffling me. Can anyone help?

Thanks for the suggestions. I used the genuine Toshiba recovery disc. Actually, I have discovered what the problem was. In control panel (home) - hardware and sound - sound - recording, if you right click inside the box, you get the option to show disabled devices and disconnected devices. My Realtek drivers were shown as disabled. Once I ticked to show disabled drivers, my Realtek was shown, and I could then select it as default. It's not something which is at all obvious, but I will try to remember it for next time.

• Is there any Sound card 5.1 include stereo mix that working with MacBook Air such as Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro Entertainment System ? and if there any another sound card can you tell me what is it please ? Thank you.

Is there any Sound card 5.1 include stereo mix that working with MacBook Air such as Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro Entertainment System ? and if there any another sound card can you tell me what is it please ? Thank you.

Okay, I did my best searching and I couldn't find anything that matched all your descriptors. I did do a search on both decoder numbers. SB0256 returned very little results, but with SB0466, I was able to find this ebay listing:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6_fvi%3D&_rdc=
    This card isn't a Champion like you suggested. And with my complete lack of knowledge, I don't know what I/O dri've bay means. But since it is PCI and the decoder matches the number you gave me, this card should be adequete, right?
    Whether it works or not, my search indicated it might be very hard for me to find that card (or any PCI card for that matter). Everything I saw was out of stock. I know this is a forum for Creative, but are there any other manufacturers that will allow me to accomplish my goal, either with current cards, or discontinued cards? Thanks again
    Oh, and I will vote on that thread. I probably won't wait for them to release the decoder since I need it now, but I still believe Creative should be giving the customer what they want

• Satellite P300-190 - Cannot find the Stereo mix in sound settings

Hi,
    maybe this question is posted before, but i can't seem to activate the stereo mix option in my sound settings.
    It is simply not there.
    Does anyone know how to solve this? Or isn't it possible.

Hi
    As far as I know the Realtek sound chip supports StereoMix.
    But if your notebook has been equipped with the Conexant sound chip then you would not find the StereoMix anywhere.
    One of my notebooks supports Realtek sound chip and Vista is running there.
    In control panel -> sound -> recording I clicked right and enabled the option called Show hidden devices and Show disabled devices.
    Then StereoMix appeared in my sound settings.
    But as said above, this is supported only by Realtek sound chip

• Satellite L875 - No Stereo Mix for recording or streaming sound

I've seen other posts about this problem, but would like to know if there is a solution for an L875 laptop running Windows 7 64-bit version.

Hmm maybe you should update the sound driver too
    As I said in my first posting, I could enable the stereo mix on my Satellite. But there is one difference to the P300-16N; my notebook supports Realtek sound chip, your notebook supports Conexant CX20561 sound chip
    Maybe this is the reasons why the stereo mix is not available.

• Is Stereo Mix available for the Satellite L300?

Hi,
    I have been looking far and wide to see if I can find out how to get stereo mix for the L300 and I can't seem to find anything for it.
    Is Stereo Mix available for the satellite L300?
    Can I get it and if I can how?

Take a look here:
    +Not possible to record sound from Internet+
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB8A02HA0000R01.htm
    At the end of this document you will find this:
    +The Conexant Audio Device does not support "Stereomix" device.+
    +This is specification of the Conexant hardware+.
    If you have Realtek sound chip then the Stereo Mix is supported!!

Maybe you are looking for

• Oracle 10g - Date format in SELECT query for CFOUTPUT

Hello, everyone. The project that I am working on in the dev environment is connected to an Oracle 11g database, but the production side is Oracle 10g. I have a page that is erroring in production (but not development) when it gets to a date that it

• 'Ñ' Problem in Character Mode Report

i made a report in Character Mode, using PRT. The problem is, when i generate report directly to the Dot Matrix Printer it didn't print the 'Ñ' character in my output, a corresponding ASCII character is printed instead. What could be the problem in m

• Satellite P100 does not boot up using Intel WLan 5300

Has anyone replaced the Satellite P100 with one of these Intel WLan 5300 card. Using being when I plug it into the pci slot and boot up my lappy, nothing happens. However when I plug my Intel Wlan 3945abg card back in everything boots up fine. Whats

• How to download video files with realplayer ?

- Hello, i need some help with downloading video from this website: http://www.un.org/webcast/2009.html To see the video files require the realplayer, which i have installed. I have also Flip4Mac and Perian installed. When i click on the links, the r

• Sharing I-tunes with hole computer

Can anyone tell me how to set i-tunes and i-photo to be shared with other users on the same computer?