No ThinkVanta​ge on new T400

Nice blue button on new T400 for ThinkVantage (old Access IBM) but does not do anything. Actually in programs under Thinkvantage only fingerprint program and eject utility program provided. So what is one supposed to do? How do you make recovery disks?

Hi The best way to do this is to run the system update. 
the driver you are actually looking for is the one for the productivity centre.

Similar Messages

• Fn button not working on new T400

The Fn button isn't working on my new T400, I have Windows Vista installed and I was wondering if I have to do anything to activate it or something or if I need to send it in for service.

haley91 wrote:
    The Fn button isn't working on my new T400, I have Windows Vista installed and I was wondering if I have to do anything to activate it or something or if I need to send it in for service.
    Welcome to the forum!
    What have you tried to do that indicates it's not working?  Are you able to turn on the ThinkLight using the Fn PgUp combination?
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Jane
    2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
    I am not a Lenovo Employee.
    I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

• New T400 ctl-alt-del not working

I just a new T400. It has happened twice that when I try to enter back from blocked screen/standby using the ctl-alt-del it does not work (as if the keybord was desconected... nothing happens). I have to force power off and then it works.

If I activate this, will the user receive a popup when deploying some apps
    (bundles) ?
    "Shaun Pond" a crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
    [email protected]..
    Normand,
    the one shown in TID 7006211 and the docs
    http://www.novell.com/documentation/...b.html#brybx5o
    Shaun Pond

• Brand new T400 - wont turn on?!

I have a brand new T400 for work. It loads up, goes through the windows screen, briefly goes to the 'cntrl/alt/delete' to log on screen, then goes to a blank blue screen and does nothing else... help!  need to access reports on there that I generated on a business trip, that I do not have a back up of.
    Any advise appreciated. 
    Thanks!

did you install or change any settings before this BSOD problem occured? Go into bios and change the sata mode from ACHI to Compatibility. Also try to take out the ram module and reseat them.
    Regards,
    Jin Li
    May this year, be the year of 'DO'!
    I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

• I can not restart my new T400.

Hi, I just got a new T400 several days ago. Because the hard disk is 160GB, I tried to partition it by suite V10 software, restart it, but never works again. What should I do now? The software is XP, and the tinkadvantage did not work either.
    Thanks. Jun 

oh, man. I am sorry to hear that. It seems you need to  reinstall the XP system...
    If they charge you more money than a hard disk cost, then just buy a new hard disk...
    Some times, software are more expensive than hardware...

• New T400 - Mini Dock USB Ports not working after hot dock

Hello,
    just got a new T400 at work. I know this issue was common with the R60...however I figured this would be resolved with the T400.  After PROPERLY undocking my T400 (Start -> undock -> wait for notification and green light).....  I go off to my meetings, etc and all is well with the world. When re-dock the machine, the USB keyboard and Mouse (and sometimes the monitor) will not re-engage.  Sometimes I get the monitor...and no keyboard and mouse.
    Any ideas on this? Kind of frustrating because I usually have to re-boot (or unplug the mouse/keyboard/ monitor from the dock and plug them directly into the laptop...which defeats the purpose of the dock).
    Appreciate the help!
    Robert

i have the same problem with a R60 and advanced minidock (winXP SP3). it worked for three years now, but since about one month, when returning to dock, my USB mouse only works in about one of five cases. monitor-usb same problem. keyboard is an old PS/2, this always works. i need to plug the mouse directly to the R60, then it is recognised and works as expected. i do driver updates quite regular, so maybe one of the last drivers have a bug?

• Some question when customize a new T400

Hi all,
    I have a plan to purchase a new T400 laptop, customize it by myself. There are a new eCoupons with sale off 15% (I'm live in Canada).
    Customize link
    But i'm really have some heritant.
    1) Processor: what are differences between Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P series and T series.
    2) OS: If i choose option "Genuine Windows Vista Business with Windows XP Professional Downgrade", my laptop will have two OS or just Windows Vista and a downgrade kit.
    3) Display type: What are differences between 6 options.
    4) System graphic: Can i view HD film smoothly with "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD".
    5) Intel® Turbo Memory hard drive cache: the performance will be better if i choose it??? How many percent?? And what does the statement "Selection of Intel Turbo Memory hard drive cache does not allow a configuration with Integrated UWB WPAN." mean?
    6) Wireless: is Intel WiFi 5350 better than 5300.
    7)  Can i remove the optical drive and insert a "ThinkPad Serial ATA Hard Drive Bay Adapter II" when system is turned on.
    8) Hard driver: does a 320G HDD using more power than a 160G HDD.
    After checked out, how long did it will be ship to my home.
    Thanks for reading and answering my questions.
    Mod edited link 
    Message Edited by ecetim on 04-03-2009 11:44 AM

The P series run at lower wattages, which leads to better battery life and they run cooler.  Unless you have a specific need for running intensive applications, I'd stick to the P series CPUs.
    It will have XP installed and you should get Vista restore discs.
    WXGA is 1280x800.  WXGA+ is 1440x900.  The LED is very bright 680 nit, about 3x brighter than the regular screen.  Then it's just whether you want the camera or not.
    Yes.
    Turbo Memory hasn't fulfilled it's promise yet.  It means if you get the Turbo Memory you can't get the Wireless USB.
    Depends on you rgoal.
    Yes, the Ultrabay is hot-swappable.  The software is called EasyEject.
    If it doesn't, it's probably not noticeable.
    No idea.  It'll probably arrive before your estimated ship date, but if for some reason it becomes delayed, you'll wait.
    Latitude 14

• I'm ready to buy a new T400, but...

I'm all freaked out about the keyboard issue. I know Lenovo claims it has been solved. But I read several posts from folks claiming it hasn't - or it's hit and miss as to what you'll end up getting once it arrives at your home/business. I'd hate to drop $1500 only to have a computer show up at my doorstep with keyboard flex issues, thus making me have to call and complain for a solution to the problem, etc. etc. So my question to a Lenovo moderator with inside knowledge is this: if I order a T400 today, 4/5/2009, what will I receive? A T400 with a new, improved keyboard (T60/61 quality) and the metal frame support in place? Or not? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Message Edited by LambertJ on 04-05-2009 04:42 PM

LambertJ wrote:
    So my question to a Lenovo moderator with inside knowledge is this: if I order a T400 today, 4/5/2009, what will I receive? A T400 with a new, improved keyboard (T60/61 quality) and the metal frame support in place? Or not? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Welcome to the forum!
    While there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.
    Looking at Kevin's updated review at NBR, I assume that you would get the light-weight keyboard and the metal frame support.
    English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
    Jane
    2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
    I am not a Lenovo Employee.
    I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

• New T400 but nothing much works... Installed all drivers but...

It is starting to feel a bit strange. New install Vista Business and Office 2007.
    Downloaded every last bit of drivers from Lenovo but nothing but crap.
    * Wireless card is not seen by system (switch is turned on)
    * Power Management does not work, only on and off...
    * Fingerprint reader is not seen by system
    * ThinkVantage-button does not work at all
    * No Fn-keys show on-screen (battery, sleep, wireless etc)
    I get about four-five error messages after booting and logging in, all from Display (default), Communication-driver.
    Yesterday I called Sweden, closed for Lenovo calls, referred to USA who said "Sorry, no support, must call Sweden...." NOT COOL AT ALL LENOVO!!!
    Has anyone got one of these T400 to actually work?? Will consider return if not fixed this week..
    Please guide me if you know what's wrong!
    Regards,
    Markus

Do not panic:
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70439.html

• My new T400 & three recent problems that I suffered

My T400 was delivered about a week ago. I am not sure how to contact support.
    TYPE: 7417-CTO
    1) When I started it for the very first time, it took me straight to the screen: "Your computer was not properly shut down; Please choose one of the options". Then I started it normally. It should not start like this. Correct?
    Used Think vantage updates & after that neither my finger print reader is working nor is my recovery.
    I get the following messages:
    The file S:\Preboot\recovery\nls required by this program cannot be found
    When I try to use "Rescue & Recovery" in bios, it says "Recovery function has been removed from this system"
    After using think vantage software updates, Finger print sensor is not working.
    What to do? Expect a miracle?
    Probably I will need RECOVERY DVDs/CDs. Windows is VISTA ULTIMATE 32 Bit operating system.
    Dr. Khan
    Message Edited by drskhan on 10-03-2008 11:34 AM
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hello Dr. Khan,
    first I would suggest to burn your R&R disks, you´ll need 7cd or 3  DVD´s.
    It seems System Updater have updated your fingerprint software and R&R so both is unavailible for you.
    There is a long way, to uninstall R&R and install the new versions, or simply use recovery media and
    restore system to factory state. But you should safe your c:\SWTools folder, there are your needed drivers.
    Then let System Updater only install the other software, but no BIOS, R&R and CSS.
    Then you´ll get a new system in 2h, other method is 4-6h.
    Regards
    Andreas
    Message Edited by Agotthelf on 10-04-2008 12:09 AM
    Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter! Try the forum search, before first posting: Forum Search Option
    Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
    I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
    TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.
     English Community       Deutsche Community       Comunidad en Español

• Buying a new T400s

Hi,
    I'm interested to buy a new customize Lenovo Thinkpad T400s (2801CTO model). The problem is that I need an online store who can ship this T400s to a PO Box. Unfortunately Lenovo USA don't ship to PO Box.
    Does anyone knows or can recommend me a reliable re-seller in USA which i can contact in order to get this new customize laptop? Or any other way to buy this new customize laptop?
    Please help!!!!!!
    BR.

Upgrade RAM yourself through macsales.com for $60.  Use the remaining $140 of Apple's mmeory price and upgrade for $150 to hi-res (1680x1050) and anti-glare.  I never regretted that upgrade on mine.
    My humble opinion.
    Sorry ... I just did the math and that puts you $10 out of pocket ...

• New T400, lower right corner, handrest flex, is that common?

Hi folks,
    I have just receive my t400 and more or less happy with it except one thing:
    the lower right corner feels like a little flex where you know you rest your right hand while you are typing.
    I wonder if this is a common thing or there is a quick way to fix it.
    been a long time thinkpad fan, tho this is my first thinkpad. I just don't want that little flex bug spoil my joys and fun.
    thanks for any input!

Welcome to the forum!
    Please take a look at this thread and feel free to post your experiences there...
     http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_General&thread.id=2123
    Cheers,
    George
    In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
    Collecting dust: T60
    Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
    Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
    Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

• Almost New T400 won't Post

OK,
    Any ideas would be of help. I have 2 week old 2764-CTO with discrete graphics. Vista x64.
    I was browsing last night on battery, and wasn't watching charge. A window popped up saying going to sleep to save charge. I hit power, it came back up, so I hit shutdown.  I figure OK, I'll charge it in the morning. I put it on the docking station when I get up, go back a couple of hours later, and hit power, everything comes up fine, I click into my account, and 5 seconds later BSOD (blue screen of death) with a message of shutting down to protect hardware, says something about atipmdag.sys not able to restart.
    I restart, it does this again, so I figure, ok corrupt driver, start up in safe mode, go to restore last good, and the machine freezes (no drive activity, screen frozen).
    I reboot in the docking station, nothing, power, battery, cord lights only. At this point I think I was getting a drive light for a second or so during pre-post power check. I try on battery, same thing (battery and power lights only). I plug in the power cord to machine directly, reboot, get splash screen. Hit F1. I'm in Bios.
    OK, everything is pointing at video, so I enter video setting screen. This may be my mistake. It is in Hybrid - I figure, OK I'm debugging an ATI problem, let's change to discrete. Save settings, power down, go to restart, no post.
    I've tried 20 times, battery, docking station, direct plug to mains. I get pre-boot per check with num lock and caps lock flash, then goes to power onn, battery, mains light. Never posts to splash screen. F1 does nothing.  I tried with recovery disk in DVD drive, nothing. There is a slight sound near Hard drive (click) like power to drive, but it never spins up.
    Any thoughts - I wanted to get this all out as I remember it, as I may need this for tech support next.
    T61p, T400
    formerly x23, x40

Maybe this can help a bit (POST error beep codes)
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-46018
    Unfortunately it sound like you may have a problem on your system board that is not user serviceable.
    Mats
    Thinkpad T400s, X61s, X41, 600

• New T400 Question/Problem

Hello, I got my  T400 yesterday and I have found 2 things.
    The lid doesn't close completely, there is a space in between the lid and body when closed. You could press down on it but it would come back up. It may be because the lid/bezel is warped.
    Also, the battery does wobble a bit. Is this normal for a 9 cell battery?  
    See my thread here, http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=408804&page=2 , I can't get the pictures onto this forum. 
    Message Edited by Th_Factors_of_0 on 08-15-2009 06:07 PM
    Message Edited by Th_Factors_of_0 on 08-15-2009 06:08 PM
    Message Edited by Th_Factors_of_0 on 08-15-2009 06:11 PM

With regard to difficulty in closing the lid I experienced the same same thing initially. It went away after a couple of days and the lid now feels quite OK. Maybe it is a bit of warp that goes away or the two rubber distances in the lid that are a bit stiff initially?
    My battery sits flush with the bottom and has a quite solid feel to it. No movement at all. In fact clearly a better fit than my old X-series. What do you mean by a wobble? Is the battery lock in closed position?
    Being a road warrior, 180 travel days last year, I must say that I am very impressed with how sturdy the Thinkpads are.
    Mats
    Thinkpad T400s, X61s, X41, 600

• LAN not working on brand new T400s

Is there something special I need to do to get the LAN adapter up and runnning? It doesn't work under Windows 7 or Ubuntu. Packets get sent out, but nothing comes back. It's never worked.
    I'm hoping it's not a hardware problem, and something just needs to be configured correctly in the bios. But I didn't see anything likely. Any ideas, anyone?

The internal system tests are capable of testing everything up to the actual transmission portions of the circuitry. They utilize 127.0.0.1, the systems loopback address, meaning they don't actually send anything during the test or get anything from outside the system.
    This means that while the internal networking is working properly, your fault likely lies in the jack itself or the related circuitry. Hardware.
    To be sure, you might try running a program such as Wireshark while the laptop is connected to a router or switch through the LAN port to see if it's getting anything at all, even garbled data.
    WIRESHARK: http://www.wireshark.org/download/win32/wireshark-win32-1.2.4.exe
    My moneys on a bad network card.

Maybe you are looking for