No Upscaling in the IBM T21?

Hi everybody! I am new here so i hope i have put this question in the right category.
Well, it's about the old T21 i got a month ago from my friend.
I have never had a Thinkpad before but in the future, thinkpads will be there ;-)
I am actually really happy with it even if it only has a 750 mhz pentium III CPU.
But one thing annoys me, when i use a lower resolution than 1024x768, it doesn't upscale causing the image to look bad.
Is it just my computer, or is it every T21 in the world?

Welcome to the forum!
LCD screens used on laptops on any kind have to run in their "native resolution" for the picture quality to be optimal. On your T21 that is XGA (1024x768) and there's not much anyone can do about it.
Why would you want to run a lower resolution anyway? Just curious...
Cheers,
George
In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410
Collecting dust: T60
Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,
Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W
Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.

Similar Messages

• Lirc using irDa on an IBM T21 laptop.

First of all please allow me to say thanks to all the great developers and overall the community surrounding Arch Linux, it is the best dist I have ever tried!
    I was wondering if anyone have gotten lirc to work on an Ibm T21 or if not if someone could help me to get it running.
    http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_ma … C_and_IrDA
    I tried following this but when I try to load the lirc_sir module the computer just totally freezes.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    / Victor

rttommy wrote:I made an ArchWiki page for those interested: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IBM_Thinkpad_X31
    Excellent, your page is very clear and full of infos !
    When I install it again, I'll add a section on the Atheros Wifi card (I have this one in my x31). Maybe this summer.
    I'll also probably add infos about how to use an external monitor and the IBM screen as one big desktop. I often use my laptop in this configuration when sitting at my desk.
    Thanks a lot for this documentation.
    Last edited by benoitb (2008-05-21 02:36:22)

• IBM T21 will not start

IBM T21 Laptop will not start
    Hi All.
    I have an old IBM T21 laptop Pen 3 that runs Windows XP Pro.This laptop has served me well over a number of years until yesterday.
    I fired the T21 up and up came the IBM splash screen during the BIOS loading. Then all of a sudden I heard a long beep followed by 2 short beeps, and there it stayed. The booting would go no further.
    I rebooted, same problem.
    I turned off the IBM removed the battery and the power cable and let the unit sit a few minutes. I then re-connected what I had removed but when it came to rebooting, the same thing happened.
    I spent a few hours trying every thing that I could think of but to no avail. 
    I then made a Google search on "BIOS beep codes" and listed for IBM systems was :
    " Video (mono/CGA Display Circuitry) issue".
    Is this problem fixable or does this mean that my laptop has finally given up the ghost?  
    Regards
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

Hi Mornsgrans
    I did as you suggested (thanks for the handbook/manual link).
    I have 2 sticks of RAM, a Kingston 256 and a no name listed 128 Meg of RAM, totaling 384 Meg of RAM.
    I removed both and then inserted one stick at a time rebooting several times before removing the RAM and doing the same with the other stick. This was done with the battery and CD tray removed.
    At no time during this process or since have I received any beep codes or boot freezing.
    Would I be too naive in hoping that the 2 sticks of RAM only needed reseating to fix the problem?
    So here is hoping that the problem is fixed.
    One thing worth noting though. I have on the desk top a widget that measures CPI and RAM usage. This unit in the past, in particular since I have been having this problem has been showing very high and erratic RAM and to a lesser degree, CPI usage.
    Since messing around with the RAM both these widgets have been registering lot less activity and considerably less usage.
    I guess time will tell if this is only a splash in the pan or a good fix. 
    Regards

• How to find out the IBM XL C/C++ compiler  Version in EBS

I have Referred  the note
    1294357.1 - New Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Operating System and Tools Requirements on IBM AIX on Power Systems
    Please let me know the correct command to find out the IBM XL C/C++ compiler  version in EBS
    lslpp -l | grep vacpp
      vacpp.cmp.rte             9.0.0.14  COMMITTED  IBM XL C/C++ Compiler
      vacpp.cmp.tools           9.0.0.14  COMMITTED  IBM XL C/C++ Tools
      vacpp.memdbg.aix52.rte    9.0.0.14  COMMITTED  IBM XL C/C++ User Heap/Memory
      vacpp.memdbg.rte          9.0.0.14  COMMITTED  IBM XL C/C++ User Heap and
    From the above command Compiler version is showing as  9.0.0.14 Is it correct command to check the IBM XL C/C++ compiler version?
    (Or)
    lslpp -l | grep -i xlC
      xlC.aix61.rte             11.1.0.2  COMMITTED  XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 6.1
      xlC.cpp                    9.0.0.0  COMMITTED  C for AIX Preprocessor
      xlC.rte                   11.1.0.2  COMMITTED  XL C/C++ Runtime
      xlC.sup.aix50.rte          9.0.0.1  COMMITTED  XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.2
    From the above command how will identify the IBM XL C/C++ compiler version?

Hi Hussain
    Thanks for the Reply
    Yes i have reviewd the above note Just i want to know the command that im using to find out the  the IBM XL C/C++ compiler  Version
    Below is the correct command ?We are planning to install new version of Complier 11 .
    But im confused to find out the current Version in my system the below command shows  9.0.0.14 is  IBM XL C/C++ Compiler is it the compiler version on my system?
    lslpp -l | grep vacpp
      vacpp.cmp.rte             9.0.0.14  COMMITTED  IBM XL C/C++ Compiler
      vacpp.cmp.tools           9.0.0.14  COMMITTED  IBM XL C/C++ Tools
      vacpp.memdbg.aix52.rte    9.0.0.14  COMMITTED  IBM XL C/C++ User Heap/Memory
      vacpp.memdbg.rte          9.0.0.14  COMMITTED  IBM XL C/C++ User Heap and

• Issue w/ Case Differences Using the IBM Directory Server MA

We have the following issue using the IBM Directory Server MA using FIM 2010 R2 (Version 4.1.3479.0).
    We provision a new object, e.g., uid=jdoe,ou=users,o=contoso, into an instance of IBM Directory Server
    The object is created in IBM Directory Server as uid=jdoe,ou=users,o=contoso
    A Full Import on the IBM Directory Server MA runs and confirms the export
    Subsequent imports, sync, and exports run successfully
    <Time passes>
    A Full Import on the IBM Directory Server MA runs, and this object shows up as a staging-error (uid=jdoe,ou=Users,o=contoso)
    Subsequent imports and syncs report errors on this object (staging-error)
    Note that we do not manipulate the anchor (DN) of this object once it is created in IBM Directory Server. Other attributes are synchronized, but the object is never renamed/moved. This case change does not happen with all of the objects brought
    in during the Full Import, but the number of instances do increase periodically. At this point, it does look like the import is changing from a lowercase "u" to an uppercase "U" but not vice versa.
    I found a related
    TechNet article containing the following remark:
    "IBM Directory Server does not guarantee that the case of a DN component will match in all instances. On a synchronization or import from IBM Directory Server, this can manifest itself as an unexpected update. For example, if you create
    O=TEST, and then create the user cn=MikeDan,O=TEST, this might be imported from IBM Directory Server as
    cn=MikeDan,O=test. Because of the case difference, FIM treats this as an update on subsequent full imports."
    Unfortunately, the article does not propose a resolution.
    Has anyone encountered this issue? More importantly has anyone resolved this or found an acceptable workaround?
    Note that deleting the connector space is not an acceptable workaround. :)

I remember experiencing this issue when we were on 5.0, and I believe it persists through 5.1 as well.
    There is a comment in the 5.2 release notes that something similar was fixed:
    Changing case sensitive attribute values failed in MMR. (4624693)
    If I had to take a wild guess, I would say that the server does some internal checking to see if the value has changed, possibly based on the attribute syntax, to avoid replicating "changes" that really don't change anything except case. I doubt that all your custom attributes are case-sensitive, though. Enabling replication probably "turns on" this behavior, which doesn't go away even if replication is disabled.
    In any case, you're probably out of luck unless/until you upgrade to 5.2.

• To convert the "IBM DB2 Store Procs written in C" to Oracle PL-SQL

Hi, Is it possible to convert the "IBM DB2 Store Procs written in C" to Oracle PL-SQL. If you have any info, PL do let me know. Thanks in advance.
    EG :
    /* SMG Stored Procedures */
    /* DB2 Stored Procedure: OrganisationExists */
    /* Linkage: SIMPLE (no NULLs permitted) */
    /* Load module name: SMGEC00 */
    /* Purpose: DELETE FROM SSE_LOOKUP_MAP */
    /* to run. */
    /* Parameters: argvÝ1¨ short - return error code - OUT */
    /* argvÝ2¨ char - return error message - OUT */
    /* argvÝ3¨ char - BLEID - IN */
    /* Reason for edit Date Who */
    /* Initial version 09/04/03 Arockia */
    #pragma runopts(plist(os))
    #include <stdlib.h>
    #include <string.h>
    void main (int argc, char *argvݨ)                                             
    EXEC SQL INCLUDE SQLCA;
    EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
    char bleid??(12??);
    EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
    /* Set defaults for error code (argvÝ1¨) and error message (argvÝ2¨) */
    strcpy(argv??(2??)," ");
    *(int *)argv??(1??) = 0;
    strcpy(bleid,argv??(3??));
    EXEC SQL
    DELETE FROM SSE_LOOKUP_MAP
    WHERE BLEID = :bleid;
    /* Set error code to record status of last SQL command */
    *(int *)argv??(1??) = SQLCODE;
    return;

For this program, you could do some thing like:
    SQL> CREATE TABLE sse_lookup_map(BLEID varchar2(10));
    Table created.
    SQL> CREATE or replace PROCEDURE test(p_bleid_in IN varchar2)
      2  AS
      3  BEGIN
      4  DELETE FROM sse_lookup_map
      5  WHERE BLEID = p_bleid_in;
      6  END;
      7  /
    Procedure created.
    SQL> ed
    Wrote file afiedt.buf
      1* INSERT INTO sse_lookup_map values('test1')
    SQL> /
    1 row created.
    SQL> ed
    Wrote file afiedt.buf
      1* INSERT INTO sse_lookup_map values('test2')
    SQL> /
    1 row created.
    SQL> SELECT * FROM sse_lookup_map;
    BLEID
    test1
    test2
    2 rows selected.
    SQL> EXEC test('test1')
    PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
    SQL>  SELECT * FROM sse_lookup_map;
    BLEID
    test2
    1 row selected.
    SQL>

• How to STOP the IBM Websphere FAST

Is there any way to restart or stop the IBM Webspehere FAST ??
    It takes too long to stop.
    --Bhupendra Mahajan

The admin console has changed from version 4 (what I
    currently use) to version 5. However, there must bea
    force stop available.There is a force stop available in v5. It's not going
    to make the restart any quicker, though! Why is this
    such an major issue for you (although I admit it is an
    issue)? How many times do you have stop and restart
    the server in a given day or week, anyway?You'd be surprised. Our application uses XML files which when edited, require a restart of the app. Admitedly, this mostly happens on our development box.

• How to setup a validation table in the IBM AS400 ?????

I am trying to use the Java studio creator with the IBM AS400
    and I am having difficulty setting up a validation table.
    I created a totally new DB2 SQL table, with just a couple of columns.
    However, when I use it as the validation table to setup the Datasource, I get the following message:
    [SQL5016] Qualified object name PMABR not valid.
    The ideal validation table exists only for connection validation purposes. Do not use an existing table that has a large number of rows or a table that will be frequently accessed.
    any ideas?
    thanks a lot

Thanks for rectifying me Howard.
    I just read your full article on this too and its very well explained here:
    http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/357
    Few lines from your article
    It is true, of course, that since Version 8.0 Oracle has provided the ability to create a Keep Pool in the Buffer Cache, which certainly sounds like it can do the job... especially since that word 'keep' is used again. But a keep pool is merely a segregated part of the buffer cache, into which you direct blocks from particular tables (by creating them, or altering them, with the BUFFER POOL KEEP clause). So you can tuck the blocks from such tables out of the way, into their own part of the buffer cache... but that is not the same thing as guaranteeing they'll stay there. If you over-populate the Keep Pool, then its LRU mechanism will kick in and age its contents out just as efficiently as an unsegregated buffer cache would.
    Functionally, therefore, there can be no guarantees. The best you can do is create a sufficiently large Keep Pool, and then choose the tables that will use it with care such that they don’t swamp themselves, and start causing each other to age out back to disk.
    Thanks and Regards

• Anyone used the IBM Message Broker PeopleSoft Adapter

Is anyone out there using the PeopleSoft Adapter for the IBM Message Broker
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/v1r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iea.wmbadapters_v6/wmbadapters/6.1/PeopleSoftAdapter.html
    I'm interested in sharing best practice in developing PeopleSoft CIs that connect to the IBM event adapter.
    Many thanks
    Graham

John,
    Following could be the reasons:
    1. Make sure that the path in the jar file for the class files(PeopleSoft CI java api) exactly matches the following:
    \PeopleSoft\Generated\CompIntfc
    Upper and lower case differences should be followed exactly.
    2. The Java API for the selected component interface is not found in the API JAR file. Please check the Java API for the class file for the CI. If not found, please add the class file for the CI.
    3. The component interface name is mentioned incorrectly in the request document.
    4. If you are using 10.1.3.x version of SOA Suite, then make sure that the component interface jar is included in the server.xml. Please see the details for this in the 10.1.3.x application adapter installation guide.
    5. Following could also be an issue:
    LOCATION Component Interface
    Explanation
    When you attempt to access the LOCATION Component Interface using the Human Resources application, release 8.80.000, a failure occurs during runtime and the following message is displayed:
    Component Interface Not Found
    This is due to a problem in the way the PeopleSoft application has been delivered and is not related to the PeopleTools release.
    Workaround
    Perform the following steps:
    1. Open the component interface in the PeopleTools Application Designer.
    2. Make a small change to the component interface.
    3. Undo the change.
    4. Save the component interface.
    This procedure resets certain internal PeopleSoft data structures, which enables the Adapter for PeopleSoft to find the component interface. This has been observed in the LOCATION Component Interface running on the Human Resource applications release 8.8.000 on several different releases of PeopleTools, but it may
    occur in other component interfaces as well.
    Edited by: Siva Krishnajee on Jul 6, 2009 1:18 PM
    Edited by: Siva Krishnajee on Jul 6, 2009 1:36 PM

• Where is the IBM JCOP web site?

Hi, we have just recieved the JCOP licenses but the web site for the JCOP documentation was removed from the IBM.com. Has anyone noticed it? Does anyone know where to find information on JCOP? In case you suggest it, we have already Googled it a ton for it ;-)

From IBM:
    * * * IMPORTANT NOTICE * * *
    As of July 3rd 2007 the e-mail address [email protected] will no longer be supported.
    All support activities for the JCOP operating system on NXP / Philips silicon will be serviced by NXP Semiconductors.
    Please address requests for the JCOP Tools and activation codes to [email protected]
    * * * IMPORTANT NOTICE * * *

• Sequencing the IBM iSeries Access Client 7.1

Hey All,
    I was wondering if anybody has experience in sequencing the IBM iSeries Access Client 7.1...
    We're currently trying to sequence this application under Windows 7 Enterprise (x86) with the App-V4.6 SP1 Sequencer. We've checked the Windows 7 compatibility of this version and it is supported. Every function of the application is working during the monitoring
    phase of the sequence process. The main function we're (currently) interested in is the Emulator with the SSL encryption to our AS400 mainframe. This function requires the SSL-option to be installed. We've installed this with the rest of the application during
    our sequencing and during the monitoring phase, we're able to connect to the mainframe.
    However, when we transfer the finished sequence to a test system, the Emulator pops up with an error message "SSL option is not installed". After some repackaging and investigation, we've managed to eliminate all the file exclusion that occured during our
    sequencing process. This includes a lot of "dirt" into the sequence but at least gave us the confidence that everything that was installed by the setup was also included in the Sequence. We've also excluded the Windows CA store as one of the possible causes.
    The IBM iSeries Access Client uses it's own SSL encryption methods.
    My question to you all is. Has anyone ever succesfully packaged the IBM iSeries Access Client V7R1 on Windows 7 Enterprise and has anyone encountered/solved the issue we're currently facing?
    Thanks in advance for your time and effort!
    Microsoft Exchange Server enthousiast. "This is your M drive. This is your M drive after a virus scan. Get the picture?" "Friends don't let friends virusscan the M-Drive"

The option installs the ability to use encrypted connections to your AS400 mainframes. The IBM client installs an extra program in %CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\ibm\gsk7.
    Unfortunately there's no exclusion in the Sequence that would point to anything crucial. The IBM client creates a folder in the "My Documents" folder which is (ofcourse) excluded from the Sequence. Other then that only the following is excluded:
    <MOREINFO DESCRIPTION="The unsupported shell extensions detected are as follows:">
    <ITEM DESCRIPTION="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AS400System\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers"/>
    <ITEM DESCRIPTION="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AS400System\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers"/>
    <ITEM DESCRIPTION="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\ShellEx\DragDropHandlers"/>
    <ITEM DESCRIPTION="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Printers\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers"/>
    But in my oppinion this should not be something that will block the functions of the application itself (since this is drag/drop handler for the seperate file transfer client...)..
    But correct me if i'm wrong ofc.
    Microsoft Exchange Server enthousiast. "This is your M drive. This is your M drive after a virus scan. Get the picture?" "Friends don't let friends virusscan the M-Drive"

• I need the ibm-javacomm-win32-x86.zip, badly, asap

guys can anyone tell me where i can download the ibm-javacomm-win32-x86.zip, i really need it asap,
    i need it because im using java.comm api with an applet and due to incompatibilities it is not working..
    they said that ibm-javacomm-win32-x86.zip will solve this problem
    but as of now the website where i can download it is not working..
    can anyone help me find it
    or if anyone has the file can somebody just email it to me
    here is my email add..
    [email protected]
    tnx.

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/retail/poseng/jpos/ibm-javacomm-win32-x86.zip
    Is that what you're looking for? If so, I found it by googling ibm-javacomm-win32-x86.zip:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=ibm-javacomm-win32-x86.zip
    The first hit was a thread on ibm's site, and the last post linked to this: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=pos1R1001497, which had the link to the zip towards the bottom.
    Took all of 3 minutes total, probably less time than it took to post this thread.

• I have downloaded a no charge copy of Reader from the IBM site, but it says I have to pay

I downloaded a copy of reader from the corporate IBM site, which I understand is no charge, but now I am being asked to pay.  Do I actually need to pay?

I do not find any Adobe Reader download on the ibm.com site; all mention of Reader links to the adobe.com site.
    How are you "asked to pay"?  Can you post a screenshot?
    Anyway, download the free Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and make sure you uncheck any bundled software you don't want.

• Unable install the IBM jdk1.4.2_12 amd64.rpm

can anybody tell the procedure of installing ibm jdk 1.4.2_06  amd .rpm
    in my platform
    operating system :Redhat enterprise server 5.0
    processer :intel duel core processer 2.33ghz, 2.33ghz 64-bit processor
    harddisk :250 gb
    please tell required libraries and urls for downloading libraries for installing ibm JDK1.4.2_06 amd64.rpm
    regards
    sudheer koppala

In SAP note 1172419 there's a URL to the IBM site to download this file (IBMJava2-AMD64-142-SDK-1.4.2-12.0.x86_64.rpm).
    Download this file first (maybe register first).
    These are the steps I've done next (but I'm not a Linux expert, just a newbie):
    yum install compat-libstdc++-33.x86_64
    yum install libXp.x86_64
    /sbin/ldconfig /usr/lib64
    yum install compat-libstdc++-33.i386
    yum install libXp.i386
    yum install compat-libstdc++-33.i386
    /sbin/ldconfig /usr/lib
    rpm -Uvh IBMJava2-AMD64-142-SDK-1.4.2-12.0.x86_64.rpm
    ln -s -i /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin/java /usr/local/bin/java
    Answer Y to the question
    ln -s -i /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin/java /usr/bin/java
    Answer Y to the question
    java u2013fullversion
    output: java full version "J2RE 1.4.2 IBM build j9xa64142-20080923 (SR12)"

• Will the IBM Thinkpad T-40 work with this power adapter: 83H6339

A friend of mine had an old AC Adapter laying around his garage from a real old IBM Thinkpad and gave it to me. The part number on the AC Adapter is 83H6339. My wife purchased an IBM Thinkpad T-40 that only had the docking station with power but doesn't hook directly up to the laptop. I wanted to find out if this old AC Adapter would be compatible with the T-40 (2373-72U). I don't want to hook it up and chance messing anything up, but I can't find any specs on what types of laptops this adapter is supposed to work with.
    Solved!
    Go to Solution.

hankinsd, welcome to the forum,
    I wouldn't use it, it is a 56W AC Adapter and too"weak". The T4 series requires a 72W AC Adapter.
    Hope this helps
    Andy  ______________________________________
    Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points
    Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.
      Deutsche Community     Comunidad en Español    English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество
    PepperonI blog 

Maybe you are looking for

• How do I change my iPod Touch from a Windows to a Mac?

I recently bought a Mac, to replace my PC.  I have a 2nd generation iPod running the latest (4.3.3 I think).  I have transfered all my files from my Windows to my Mac through USB, and all the files are also sitting on my Mac.  However, when I insert

• Firefox issues with multiple users on a single computer.

I have an issue with Firefox and multiple users on my computer. There are two users setup and I'm running Win7 Ultimate x64. When the other user logs in, my settings in Firefox get screwed up somehow. Even if that user does not open Firefox. Examples

• HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-O​ne printer - N911a - Cannot scan

Hi Support, I am getting very frustrated with my new printer. Now I have searched this forum and tried this and that, installed and uninstalled and run misc. HP tools, still I cannot use the "HP Scan" program from the PC and also not the "Scan to Com

• The message suggestions that pop up while typing have disappeared. How do I get this feature back?

I recently upgraded to ios 8.0.2 on the iPhone 5. One new feature I noticed was a grey box that listed word suggestions to add to a text as it was being typed (not to be confused with the auto correct or original word bubble that pops up for autocomp

• Re: Empty record in list item

I would be very greatful it anybody could help me. I have created a recordgroup for list item and populated the same. All values are dispalyed properly but in addion one empty record is appear. how can i remove the empty record ? my syntax are as und